Guitar Picks

AuthorMessage
Vlud
Fabulous Killjoy
Vlud
April 3rd, 2008 at 07:31pm
my chEMMAcal romance:
cutting up ice cream containers works well too lol
hehe, no but believe me, Baby, credit cards are WAY better.
Jyulin
Shotgun Sinner
Jyulin
April 14th, 2008 at 06:27pm
I have grey George Dennis 0.7mm I think. It's strong enough for picking, but it's not so strong that when I'm strumming I really have to put a lot of effort into it.
KidEmery
Killjoy
KidEmery
April 18th, 2008 at 02:46pm
I use dunlop .71 mm and some pink medium fenders if I really want loud on my acoustic.
Credit cards lol , I’ve heard about that but never tried it… I need too because everyone keeps taking my picks and supergluing them to things…that was like last year…now, I have no picks, after I bought some more they made them into necklaces!

>_<
When I play bass though I never use a pick, it gets in the way of like the flow of the beat for me…
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
April 24th, 2008 at 02:46am
i dont think it really matters.
it just depends if you like thicker ones or thinner ones. the place where i buy mine are all .71mm and i use those. cant remember brand name. lol! but i pretty much choose by colour/pattern out of that selection Razz
i have a bart simpson one, and my friend bought me back some hot topic ones from her trip to the us Very Happy
Emoishboy
Killjoy
Emoishboy
May 18th, 2008 at 03:17pm
Best picks ever:
Dunlop Tortex 1mm or 2mm. They're indestructable, and they're comfortable to use.

Of course, I have big hands... so that may be why...
imogen
Jazz Hands
imogen
May 19th, 2008 at 01:27am
I'm much better with heavier picks, but I think it's easier to do pinch harmonics with a lighter one. Honestly it doesn't matter too much to me.

Has anyone ever heard of a jellyfish pick? It's pretty cool, I had one a few years ago. They have these coils that come out of it, that make it look like a jellyfish, and when you strum with it it has a very interesting sound. Kind of, I dunno, chorus-y? :3
Rabid Squirrel.
Salute You in Your Grave
Rabid Squirrel.
May 19th, 2008 at 02:11am
any pick will do on me [i play on lead guitars in our band]
sometimes i don't use one =\ cuz it ends up snapping, thus broken
i have long fingers so yeah...no more quetions

as long as you're comfortable using a certain pick, then why not stick with it? Mr. Green it's all a matter of a guitarist's choice anyway
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
May 21st, 2008 at 05:31pm
I just use the picks at the local music store. Medium and thin.