Don't have an account? Create one!

Peer Pressure.

AuthorMessage
livid_caution
Joining The Black Parade
livid_caution
October 4th, 2007 at 10:29pm
I think it can be a goop and bad thing.

For example, if you were at a theme park and your really scared about going on a ride, but secretly want to, your friends can help you pressure yourself into actually doing it.

But, it can be bad when for example, your friends start doing drugs and you've said you would never do them and they try to pressure you into doing them.

It just depends on the type of pressure, if it's supportive pressure or bullying pressure.
livid_caution
Joining The Black Parade
livid_caution
October 4th, 2007 at 10:29pm
woops i meant good not goop lol
bob bryar is my hero
Killjoy
bob bryar is my hero
October 9th, 2007 at 02:34am
I think if we look at it in gerard ways point of view he says that peer pressure normally you should not give into but it could be good or bad in the teenagers video it says before and after something about not doing drugs or not giving in to peer pressure i went to see Mcr with muse and gerard said things about peer pressure and not to give in to it
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 9th, 2007 at 04:31am
bob bryar is my hero:
I think if we look at it in gerard ways point of view he says that peer pressure normally you should not give into but it could be good or bad in the teenagers video it says before and after something about not doing drugs or not giving in to peer pressure i went to see Mcr with muse and gerard said things about peer pressure and not to give in to it

i think from the view he was looking through, he knows it can and wil alter you in every way possible, without you even relizing so you think, "well, if i do this then..." so before you know it your not really uniqe i guess because oyu want to be like your friend not, you.
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
October 9th, 2007 at 10:01am
illustrated_romance:
oh sorry i should have explained what peer pressure is, umm like when your friends are doing something and they want you to do it too, so they'll talk you into it and do it. like if your friend offers you pot, they'll say something like "don't worry it can't do anything to you. just try it." like that

accually peer pressure is more when they call you names and such just becuase your afraid of doing it too... like if they were to offer you pot and you sed no they would be alll like you wuss your not worth our time... so you would do it to stay with them ... but tbh friends like that arnt real friends so get rid of them and get some true friends.. (Y) Cool
Ghostgirl191
Jazz Hands
Ghostgirl191
October 17th, 2007 at 04:59am
well if its good peer pressure then no problem there, but if you do it to fit in thats bad.
yes, we've all felt that desire to fit in but what you have to remember is that if you fitting in means doing something that you really dont want to do, then thats not a crowd that you want to be in. whether its, smoking, drinking, sex, drugs, etc. if you dont want to do it, then dont.
ennui.
Awake and Unafraid
ennui.
October 17th, 2007 at 08:25am
Peer pressure is a big problem these days.
Like, what Ghostgirl191 said, anyone could be pressured into sex, drugs, drinking or smoking just because they want to fit in or to not look like a 'wuss' to their friends.

Recently, my best friend, Peter, has gotten in trouble with the law because his neighbour and a couple of other dudes, have be coming up to his window in the middle of the night and pressuring him to come out and steal cars.
The police found out on Friday what has been happening, and they all got in trouble for it.
Even though he didn't actually steal the cars himself, he's still in trouble with the cops because he was there.

The really sad thing with this is, I found out that he's too scared to sleep in his own room incase his neighbour tries to pressure him into doing it again.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
October 17th, 2007 at 05:54pm
stockholm syndrome.:
Peer pressure is a big problem these days.
Like, what Ghostgirl191 said, anyone could be pressured into sex, drugs, drinking or smoking just because they want to fit in or to not look like a 'wuss' to their friends.

Recently, my best friend, Peter, has gotten in trouble with the law because his neighbour and a couple of other dudes, have be coming up to his window in the middle of the night and pressuring him to come out and steal cars.
The police found out on Friday what has been happening, and they all got in trouble for it.
Even though he didn't actually steal the cars himself, he's still in trouble with the cops because he was there.

The really sad thing with this is, I found out that he's too scared to sleep in his own room incase his neighbour tries to pressure him into doing it again.

well no matter where he goes it's unaviodable, like with gang wars, i live in California, and there's a big problem with that in school, my elementary school had gangs, so 5th and 6th grades were in a gang and threating to kill people all the time.would there be gangs there if there wasn't peer pressure and the need/want to fit in?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 17th, 2007 at 08:18pm
Peer pressure roots down to being accepted.
And people will do anything to be accepted by the 'cool' gang.

It's only when you get into trouble/danger with it that you realise you need new friends.
KraZer
Killjoy
KraZer
October 25th, 2007 at 01:40pm
ive recenty kinda changed and am being accepted for who i am yea i dress slightly out of the ordinary but now people realise just coz i dont do certain things doesnt make me 'un-cool' i drink yea i dont smoke or do drugs i think im ready for sex when it comes but will never get pressured into ANYTHING hasent affected me yet (accept when i was like 12 but i was naive).
Alecks.
Motor Baby
Alecks.
October 27th, 2007 at 08:20pm
As much as I hate to say it. Were all effected by it. Even the strongest of us all.
Maybe im just far more weak than I have thought. But I keep finding myself somehow linked with peer-pressure-caused messes.
Alecks.
Motor Baby
Alecks.
October 27th, 2007 at 08:20pm
Yet then again I was peer-pressured out of lieing, acting insane, not being myself, and cutting.
Fading Sanity
Bleeding on the Floor
Fading Sanity
October 28th, 2007 at 07:00am
Peer pressure really affects you rather you are strong or weak... Your friends want to do something you don't and you don't know what to do. And I don't mean friends like people you know, I mean best friends you spill your guts out to. And the problem is since you have such a strong relationship you don't want to drive a nail threw it by saying no.
I've never been peer pressured into anything bad or illegal like drugs or something, but I have been a little pressured to do things that involved lying to my parents. Peer pressure is a kinda scary thing... you don't know how to say no to your best friend.

Peer pressure isnt always to fit in, sometimes your just too scared or nice
xXHaHaXx
Killjoy
xXHaHaXx
October 30th, 2007 at 03:24pm
If your friends pressure you to do something you don't wenat to do, then they aren't your friends. True friends means that they respect your decisions.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 4th, 2008 at 08:24pm
this has happened to me. If your parent knows one of your friends is doing pot or smoking anything, should your parent still allow you to be freinds? Is being friends with people like that nessecarily bad?
The music.
Salute You in Your Grave
The music.
September 20th, 2008 at 04:57pm
Its not that it changes your thinking but how much it makes you care what other people think. Most people like to folow the majority (aka whats cool) but if you realy think about it most of the majority is just minority trying to fit in so the majority isnt realy the majority but the opposite. If that makes sence. And then there is peer preasure were people come to you. It can sometimes be good if a friend preasures you not to do something bad but it all comes down to you and how much majority there is to change your mind.
billy gaga.
Salute You in Your Grave
billy gaga.
October 3rd, 2008 at 06:17am
hit the heartbrakes.:
Peer pressure roots down to being accepted.

I think peer pressure can affect people in different way. Like, even if peer pressure sends you in another direction, to revolt against what you are pressured to do, it means the peer pressure has still affected you.

I think people can "peer pressure" you without all the hype of "if you don't do this, you can't hang with us anymore" etc. Like if everyone else is doing it, even if the other people say "its cool if you don't" you still might feel you have too.
Or am I just fat??
Really Not Okay
Or am I just fat??
February 3rd, 2010 at 05:27pm
It's all about maturity and learning to say no. Nobody should make your decisions for you, its your life, accept the consequences if you do something wrong and move on and I know, I skipped a hella lot of school when i was younger. Just say no unless you agree with it, but if you do, don't blame somebody else for your bad decision.
Lights
Salute You in Your Grave
Lights
February 4th, 2010 at 12:00am
^ Some people don't have the ability to "just say no". It's not all about "maturity", so don't throw that into every equation. If you have to keep mentioning being mature, you aren't mature.

It truly has to do with becoming comfortable with yourself and dealing with the consequences of letting some people down, or taking a different path. I don't think that has to do with maturity, because there are adults I know who just hate the guilty feeling of not doing everything for other people.

sweet disposition.:
Peer pressure is also about being accepted.

This is the best way anyone could put it.
No matter your age, no matter your maturity level, no matter your social standing.
If people want to fit in, even if it's a 90 year old at a senior citizen's home, they will follow the crowd.
Or am I just fat??
Really Not Okay
Or am I just fat??
February 4th, 2010 at 07:18am
^
I disagree. But your backing my point up aswell. You do need to let people down and make your own path and decisions. Of course your not going to please every person at one time, and nobody expects you to be perfect.
Yes, I agree that self confidence has alot to do with it, and you do find people learning to stand up for themselves when they are confident about themselves. For me though, I do believe you need a special amount of maturity also.
Bit harsh on the 'You arn't mature' comment also. That wasn't really necessary.