Don't have an account? Create one!

Writing

AuthorMessage
xlastparade
Killjoy
xlastparade
November 10th, 2007 at 10:01pm
I work on writing my own lyrics, and sometimes I figure out shit on the guitar, but I'm just waiting a bit until I get serious about that as I want to be better before I do.
dimes O.O
Thinking Happy Thoughts
dimes O.O
November 18th, 2007 at 12:59pm
I write lyrics a lot, and sing them alone.I'm shy.So i can't really show anyone the talent i have.It sucks.a lot
TakeMyFuckingHand101
Fabulous Killjoy
TakeMyFuckingHand101
November 20th, 2007 at 10:53am
I write for my friends band.
I write they get the music upto scrach the lead singer learns the lyrics.
I really love writing and I'd love to sing in my own band but I have the vocal tallents of a drowning cat!
But usually if one of my mates says "Hey I've written this awesome bass line, drum solo, guitar riff/Verse or Chorus" I'll try and work it into a song!
Marina!
Shotgun Sinner
Marina!
November 23rd, 2007 at 10:38pm
I mainly write lyrics. I do do a bit of writing guitar riffs, but i cba to tab them so i forget.
I tend to write a song in one sitting or i lose my train of thought and have to start again on a new one because i won't feel the same as when i wrote the first time >.<
Halifax.
Shotgun Sinner
Halifax.
November 27th, 2007 at 12:20pm
well... i write lyrics but i cant make it into a song coz i dont have a band and yeah i know that it sucks!
jamesy
Killjoy
jamesy
November 27th, 2007 at 05:33pm
My band all writes all parts together, like today I wrote a bassline and emailed the TAB to my bass player, and he sends me lyrics all the time.

We basically all just bring ideas together, give them to the respective member and he fiddles with it and makes it his own. So all my band members give me lyrics all the time, because I'm the singer. It's a great way to get to know each other, and it means we all know we can tell each other when what we're doing is a pile of shit.
Exodus
Always Born a Crime
Exodus
November 29th, 2007 at 04:16am
i do ive written like probaly over a 100 but i only have like 20 or so in my room or found rather there not that good but my friend sarah (or katayara on here) says they r deep or something idk there good alittle i guess
Ms. In Chains
Banned
Ms. In Chains
December 5th, 2007 at 08:03am
I´ve written songs since I was 10, so I can say that I´m not a newbie on that. It is one of the rare things that gives me the greatest mood that a human can have. I just love to do it!
I usually write lyrics, about my life and love etc... May sound quite boring, but the people who have read my lyrics have gave me some good comments about them.
What kind of songs do you write? Has anyone ever wrote a song about you?
Ms. In Chains
Banned
Ms. In Chains
December 6th, 2007 at 09:27am
What kind of songs do you usually write?
WastedFire.
Killjoy
WastedFire.
December 7th, 2007 at 10:03pm
Mine are always downers for some reason , the guitar parts take precedence over the vocals , because to me they matter more.
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
December 9th, 2007 at 02:20pm
Miss Zacky Vengeance:
who here writes their own songs (lyrics, guitar, piano, sheet music.....etc.) ?
I've written a couple songs but only one is completely finished.

if anyone needs advice or has advice to give come here!

I write songs.
I don't have a band though.
But, on a diffrent web site i posted my songs on, a drummer for a band asked to use them for his band.
I haven't laked to the person in a while, as he doesn't go one the web site anymore.
I don't know if his band is using the song or not, too.
TakeMyFuckingHand101
Fabulous Killjoy
TakeMyFuckingHand101
December 13th, 2007 at 05:58am
Hmm...I mite post some up here soon...
IF I COULD EVER FIND MY LYRIC BOOK!!!
rachi_left4deadx_x
Motor Baby
rachi_left4deadx_x
December 13th, 2007 at 11:26am
I write songs with my band. I have learned that everyone does this differently. This is how my band does it.

I come up with vocals, and a guitar line that go together and also an idea of what I want the whole song to sound like. I then talk to our bassist. We then add bass and we basically sort out everything. Breaks, drums, melody. We then run everything by our drummer, other guitarist and we teach them what we have. We learn to play it together and once we mastered that, everyobne changes their parts slightly to suit them and we actually come up with a pretty sucessful song.

HINTS
1. Don't argue.
2. Talk to eachother. You can't change something without informing them or things could get confusing and an amazing song could turn out to be crap and all your hard work wasted.
3. Take your time. Don't rush into ANYTHING.