Don't have an account? Create one!

Writing

AuthorMessage
JimNero
Killjoy
JimNero
August 30th, 2007 at 06:16pm
I've managed to write one song by myself, but like mertleturtle666 it's good to have some help whilst writing them.
I had a lot of trouble with drums because I don't know much about how they sound and yada yada but my friend is an expert and there we are, first song all lovely and done Smile
Viva la Gloria!
Joining The Black Parade
Viva la Gloria!
September 1st, 2007 at 01:32am
i try to write lyrics, but they just sound terrible. i could use a tip or two...and i'm open to suggestions.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
September 1st, 2007 at 08:31am
I often write music and lyrics, but rarely do I manage to put them together. Most of the songs I've written came from random improvisation.
JimNero
Killjoy
JimNero
September 1st, 2007 at 10:17am
ALONE.AGAIN.TONITE:
i try to write lyrics, but they just sound terrible. i could use a tip or two...and i'm open to suggestions.

For lyrics, I think the hardest thing is the melodic element. It's better to sing about something you are really emotional about as when you sing your emotion comes through with it.
Melodies for me really just make themselves up over the music track. Try to think of a basic guitar or bass riff, and take it on from there.
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
September 1st, 2007 at 08:03pm
Count me in! I love to write.
styles.
Awake and Unafraid
styles.
September 2nd, 2007 at 02:48am
Ive started writing and im really enjoying it. I've done a few songs but none of them are finished. They're all in just draft really.
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
September 2nd, 2007 at 06:10pm
I write my own lyrics and after I've learned how to play guitar I'm going to put music to them.
MarkTruth1991
Jazz Hands
MarkTruth1991
September 4th, 2007 at 11:47pm
I write my own stuff, its really cool, hit me on MSN Please and I'll send you some of our stuff see what you reckon. Mark2J@hotmail.co.uk
mpain89
Killjoy
mpain89
September 6th, 2007 at 12:43am
I WRITE SONGS AND SING I NEED A DRUMMER AND A GUITARIST WHO LIVES IN MERCED LET ME KNO IF U WANNA K
Need to know.
Salute You in Your Grave
Need to know.
September 6th, 2007 at 10:14pm

I've written a couple of poems in the last few years but now I'm trying to write songs. Only 1 song so far xD.

Now I'm trying to write bass lines but I haven't been very successful =/ Any tips?
Starlight .
Killjoy
Starlight .
September 28th, 2007 at 07:21pm
i write songs all the time has anyone heard of kt tunstal? and daimien rice? my songs sound a bit like them, i write them with my guitar and sometimes performe them at barbeques in the summer
nevergivingup
Killjoy
nevergivingup
September 30th, 2007 at 04:31am
You little spies.:

I've written a couple of poems in the last few years but now I'm trying to write songs. Only 1 song so far xD.

Now I'm trying to write bass lines but I haven't been very successful =/ Any tips?

Honestly best thing to do is look up note progression, octaves and such, and then play around with it, music is an expression of yourself, so it's definitely gotta just flow out. If you force it, it won't sound good.
Revenge Is Sweeter.
Awake and Unafraid
Revenge Is Sweeter.
October 1st, 2007 at 04:38am
I write my own lyrics
and my own guitar stuff
i just dont put them together

writers block
face it
we all get it

how do you guys deal?
Complication
Fabulous Killjoy
Complication
October 4th, 2007 at 06:38pm
I've done some, but they're not very good.
Sympathy
Jazz Hands
Sympathy
October 4th, 2007 at 09:41pm
Writers block?
I don't listen to music for a day (or less, I can't manage more though, heh)
/Avoid/ music.
It's so hard!
Either you feel like making your own music after a while, or you give up and play something and inspiration hits a while after.
It doesn't always work mind you, but it's helped me quite a few times.
I don't know...

I read books as well, or watch movies, I get loose ideas I can relate to from there. I don't pick them, just you know when you're reading/watching something and you feel really... with it, you know?
I try to figure out what it is (not that hard sometimes) and just see whether I think it's worth writing music or lyrics for it.

Yea they don't always work, and they're a bit weird, but it's what I do quite often.

**My explanations are also hard to follow... Laughing
Hatebreeder.
Salute You in Your Grave
Hatebreeder.
October 6th, 2007 at 08:33pm
ive just started to write some music so far ive wrote a verse on my guitar, im working on a bridge before the chorus kicks in
if you have any tips send us a private message to my profile because i really cant think now
Sincerely Oblivious
Banned
Sincerely Oblivious
October 15th, 2007 at 06:02am
I write my own songs,
My friend proof reads,
My other friend names it,
Then a diffrent friend makes the beat and stuff.
dreamerforever
Salute You in Your Grave
dreamerforever
October 26th, 2007 at 02:03am
i write lyrics!!
arthur pendragon.
Crash Queen
arthur pendragon.
October 26th, 2007 at 05:27pm
I write my own stuff.
Most of the time, it statrts as a poem I write, then grows...
i think thats a good way to start, because after all, thats what it is, poetry to music.
Yeah...

saysayMOWFACE;;
Killjoy
saysayMOWFACE;;
October 31st, 2007 at 03:54pm
Rachel's.-.Crying:

i have the same issue, i can write poems but like...
when it comes to songs
i'm no good
tips would be nice :]