Don't have an account? Create one!

Love: The EXTENDED DISCUSSION

AuthorMessage
Pretty_Hate_Machine
Killjoy
Pretty_Hate_Machine
September 12th, 2007 at 02:36am
Someone here said that 'you can't love someone until you love yourself'. I sort of agree with aspects of that, but disagree with others. For example, I was once in a relationship with a girl called Sarah, and I'm pretty sure I was in love with her. Well, I am sure. The problem was at the time I wasn't too fond of myself, so my love towards her was more of a reliance more than anything else and she took advantage of my good nature. So I wan't happy with her at all, but I was in love (But then again was it love if I was unhappy? Hmm...). In order for me to happy in a relationship I first needed to learn to be happy on my own, and love myself, which I did once I realised that in that particular relationship I wasn't the problem, she was. And that I was a good person. So anywho, the next girlfriend I had, I was truely happy, both in myself and with the relationship. Although that also crashed and burned a few months back haha =P I said relationship way too many times in that paragraph.

Love is of course a chemical thing, but one can't ignore the spiritual aspect of it too. If it is a chemical process, then it's most certainly possible for you to get the feeling of love with more than one person. But then the spiritual aspect, its just overpowering. Special. Romance is the best, I love it.

And now I've forgotten the rest of the questions =P But you get the idea, I most certainly do believe in love.
Future-Mrs-Way
Killjoy
Future-Mrs-Way
September 12th, 2007 at 12:26pm
What is love?
Love is when 2 people no matter their gender, colour, race care for each other a hell of a lot....they would die for that person...

Is there such thing as a one and only or can you ROMANTICALLY LOVE more then one person?
I think there is no such person as the ONE because you can never know if your ONE was the next guy/girl you met....but you love the person your with...
I don't believe you can romantically love two people...because me myself i struggle just to love one person because it toys with your emotions...

What does it take for one to love another?
For someone to love you, you have to respect each other for the relationship to work....

Are there any limits in love (sexuality, species, age, looks, etc)
I think there are limits....but only slightly...like of a 50year old went out with a 10 year old it would be wrong but anything else i think is fair game as long as BOTH partners agree to it....

Is love all you need?
Maybe Crazy
Salute You in Your Grave
Maybe Crazy
September 29th, 2007 at 05:04am
Love is a strong attraction between two people. Both physical, and you care for them a lot, and would die for them, like Future-Mrs-Way said.
I beleive that you can love more than one person, but not at the same time. I beleive that I have been truly in love with two people before. But I just don't see how you can really be in love with multiple people at the same time.

I'm not really sure what it takes to love someone.

I don't think there are any limits to loving someone, but that doesn't mean a 30 year old should have sex with a 10 year old. There's a difference between love and a physical relationship.
Spring Nicht.
Bleeding on the Floor
Spring Nicht.
September 29th, 2007 at 07:52pm
Love can be a touchy subject, and I'm not an expert on it. As we all know, love comes in many forms. Platonic, romantic, sexual, you name it. I think that the strongest form of love is platonic love, because if someone you platonically love betrays you, it leaves a bigger scar than when someone you romantically loved. And sexual love can be classified as lust, depening the way you look at it. Some people tend to classify love for a band or so into one category. I love My Chemical Romance, but does that mean I want to make out/have sex with them? No, and I wouldn't, even given the opprotunity. They're just like 5 best friends I've never met in my life.
But I admit, I am romantically and sexually attracted to a guy in my school. BUt, given the chance, I still wouldn't jump on him, because that's just the way I am. But it doesn't mean that I don't want to have a relationship with him. The concept of love and how you look at it is very confusing...

note to self, don't go on the discussion boards.
Disenchanted232
Killjoy
Disenchanted232
September 29th, 2007 at 08:25pm
I guess u'll know its love when u get there. Love is a very sensitive subject.
Harper4884
Killjoy
Harper4884
June 9th, 2011 at 12:57pm
What is love?
Love can be explained chemically through science. Or we can ignore that fact and leave the mystery in it that this world presently lacks. Love is many things. It is the bond between two people that can't be broken no matter what. It is a scapegoat. It gets blamed for everything, when it reality it covers up the pain of hate, greed, death, loss, depression, jealousy, sickness, and greed. The words "I love you" should come from somewhere deep inside a person. It should be said in a way that also envokes the feeling of "I can't live without you." Love never fades and it doesn't dissapear. It should not be confused with lust, for lust is only the desire to have something (it goes hand in hand with envy). It is stronger than most of the things on this earth. And it should be noted that after a time of war and hate their is always a period of love and prospeirity to heal the wounds of it all. Love is the only thing in the world that takes away all the pain and still chooses to also take all the blame.
Malissaromance!!!
Killjoy
Malissaromance!!!
June 26th, 2011 at 10:38am
To be honest I have no idea if love really exists.
For a while I actually believed in love but then I started
really thinking about it. Well first thing is most people who
are happily married end up geting a divorce. My parents
arent divorced but evn a blind person can see that theyr not
in love. Well maybe there is love but I think its really hard to
find someone who truly loves you. Actually I think the main reason
i dont believe in love is because I kno that no ones gonna love me
i mean I cant even get a guy to like let alone love. I know theres
nothing wrong with me but theres just something about me that
guys just dont like. I havent even gotten my first kiss yet. Anyways
love revolves around trust and I trust absolutly nobody.
love is with someone whos youre friend. You can talk to
them anything without feeling like ur being judged. Love is
just a best friend with sex. I think only very few people
ever find love and those few people are lucky.
Sandwichmeorelse
Killjoy
Sandwichmeorelse
June 27th, 2011 at 01:54am
I love everyone forever. Bye

Except you, you know who you are.

Fuck you, I hate you.