Don't have an account? Create one!

Anyone else a fainter?

AuthorMessage
melisande
Killjoy
melisande
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:25pm
Tell the people around you (even if they are not your friend) so they can keep an eye on you and help you if needed. I don't faint usually, but I do have panic attacks somewhere, so for me it just is most important to stay calm. Just close my eyes for a couple seconds and calm myself. I'd rather miss a couple of seconds of show that way than pass out.
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
Bleeding on the Floor
Punk_Bling_Girl_85
October 23rd, 2007 at 11:56am
I faint a lot at gigs, thankfully its not happened at an mcr show yet! But now I smuggle in a bottle of lucazade (you need to get imaginitive here because all the places i go to dont allow you to take in your own food or drink. And also I make sure I eat loads and loads that day, and take something to eat, and make sure i eat it just before we get let in, and this seems to have almost stopped my fainting complelty.

It does suck though
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
October 25th, 2007 at 08:31pm
I remember at MCR last year it got pretty rough and I thought I was going to faint (I never have before, but It was really starting to feel that way)...but you don't want to stop becuase you think it will ruin the show..
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
October 25th, 2007 at 10:21pm
Jodie Allahmyan:
I remember at MCR last year it got pretty rough and I thought I was going to faint (I never have before, but It was really starting to feel that way)...but you don't want to stop becuase you think it will ruin the show..

Yeah.
Remember that girl.
Who fainted in the first 2 seconds.
They just came on.
Paramoosh
Jazz Hands
Paramoosh
October 26th, 2007 at 07:22am
at a concert i went the other day netime i felt like i was going to faint i told the security guard to squirt me in the face with water it helped lol. they were really nice security guards.
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
October 26th, 2007 at 04:34pm
Try and move with the crowd so you're not getting squished. And try to regulate your breaths.
banana
Fabulous Killjoy
banana
October 26th, 2007 at 08:30pm
i got majorly squashed in the mosh pit at the 30 seconds to mars gig at the brixton academy last month and ended up having a panic attack and almost fainted to the point where i had to be lifted out. slightly scared that its going to happen at the mcr gig...
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 26th, 2007 at 08:57pm
dizzy water:
It's alright if you can take a bottle of water into the venue with you, but some venues don't let you (damn them) The Astoria in london is the worst in my opinion, they have no air conditioning, they won't let you take water in with you, they have a bar but only sell drinks to people over 18 (that includes non alcoholic drinks) so if you're like me you're pretty buggered i mean i almost passed out on the balcony of the astoria at a lostprophets show XD so i wasn't even in the pit lol

Was that in August?
I nearly died at that gig, I was on the balcony too.
melisande
Killjoy
melisande
October 29th, 2007 at 08:54pm
banana:
i got majorly squashed in the mosh pit at the 30 seconds to mars gig at the brixton academy last month and ended up having a panic attack and almost fainted to the point where i had to be lifted out. slightly scared that its going to happen at the mcr gig...

I was at that show. I was at the front left though and had some security guy that kept giving us water.
banana
Fabulous Killjoy
banana
November 2nd, 2007 at 05:44pm
i was a couple of people behind the front on the right, the guy next to me kept knicking all the water Sad
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
November 4th, 2007 at 02:05am
One word.
WATER.
Srsly.

And at all the inside concerts I've been at (except 30 seconds to mars) there have been people to watch out for me.
at MCR in april there was this guy and his pregnant wife and he was watching out for his wife,me,and my mom. the guy in fron of me was jumping around during muse kept felling back on me and the man told the jumping gu to quit it or move because his pregnant wife was behind me and i kept falling into her because of him.

uh.yeah.
so water,and people watching out for you. and try to breathe as normally as you can.
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
November 13th, 2007 at 10:31pm
Moomin:
dizzy water:
It's alright if you can take a bottle of water into the venue with you, but some venues don't let you (damn them) The Astoria in london is the worst in my opinion, they have no air conditioning, they won't let you take water in with you, they have a bar but only sell drinks to people over 18 (that includes non alcoholic drinks) so if you're like me you're pretty buggered i mean i almost passed out on the balcony of the astoria at a lostprophets show XD so i wasn't even in the pit lol

Was that in August?
I nearly died at that gig, I was on the balcony too.

omg im glad im not the only one =] hug
it was an amazing show but i blacked out during shinobi vs. dragonnija (my fav song goddamnit!) so im glad id seen that song before because if i hadnt i'd of been pissed off.
You're alright if your in the front few rows in a pit because the water can reach you but any tips for people slightly further back who cant get water??? and also how do people sneak bottles of water in?
xoxo...GossipGirl
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xoxo...GossipGirl
November 14th, 2007 at 12:45am
I've never actually fainted at a gig but i always feel like i'm gonna faint. Though i think that's just because i get really anxious/excited before gigs and i can't eat much. Thats a right shit, because eating is the best thing to do to make sure you dont faint. And eat stuff with high sugar levels like mars bars. So try and eat properly...drink PLENTY of water...and seriously, if you're in the middle of the crowd and you feel like you're gonna faint, GET OUT OF THERE. Get to the back and just have a breather. Dont be stubborn and stay in there!
thank-youforthevenom
Killjoy
thank-youforthevenom
November 14th, 2007 at 03:43pm
you can get water bottles in, just no lids on them as they could be a potential missile... >_<
i got water off the bodyguard people and kept passing it back to the others
i thought i was gonna faint at certain points
i had a shirt, hoodie and an mcr black parade jacket on, and a neckerchief and a friggin red feather boa
i just had a serious talk to myself
stuff like "you didnt pay all this money to faint, and what are you.. a swooning teenie and shizz (no offense but it honestly does help)"
about 80 people got taken out last night
it was unbelieveable
there was a girl on a stretcher, and what looked to be about an 8 year old girl came out
its just unnesecary and stupid in my opinion.
banana
Fabulous Killjoy
banana
November 19th, 2007 at 05:22pm
i didn't faint at the gig on thursday thank god! i decided to stay out of the mosh pit only wore a small vest top to keep me cool and drank planty of water!
x-MCR-rock-x
Really Not Okay
x-MCR-rock-x
November 23rd, 2007 at 02:48am
Did you go to the London o2 gig?

I think getting chatting to people before the bands come on is good because then they can look after you during the show.

At the MCR gig on the 11th me and my Mum got chatting to this really nice guy that was a bit older than me and when my Mum got pulled out he looked after me and told me when to duck so people could be dragged out and held onto me. He ended up being pulled out not that long after but he really helped.
stitches
Fabulous Killjoy
stitches
November 23rd, 2007 at 10:56am
there was this once at a funeral for a friend gig where i swear i felt like i was going to die any moment because i was just so damn thirsty. it didn't help that they banned water bottles in there too. in the end i ended up sitting down at the side for a couple of songs. it's kinda funny now that i think of it. but thank god i didn't faint!
idk. my bff jill?
Demolition Lover
idk. my bff jill?
November 24th, 2007 at 01:34am
x-MCR-rock-x:

I think getting chatting to people before the bands come on is good because then they can look after you during the show.

Yes
I deff. think it helps a lot.
It's helped me in 2 shows.
:]
banana
Fabulous Killjoy
banana
November 24th, 2007 at 05:39pm
yea i was at the 02 gig! and thinking of it i did get talking to them and we were singing the songs together, it was good lol!
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
January 1st, 2008 at 04:15pm
well im going to see a7x in just over 2 weeks and i'm really excited but also bloody nervous.... i read on the back of the ticket that no bottles are allowed in the venue >.< (norwich uea) which is just great grrrr. but as its a7x their songs are like 5 mins each.... in a smallest venue i'm scared for my health. My mum recommended i take lucozade (sp?) losenges because they give you a boost of energy which yes is good but i dont know how many to take with me to be able to see the whole show.