Don't have an account? Create one!

A Moment In Time!

AuthorMessage
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
October 12th, 2007 at 03:27pm
mcr's songs have gone everywhere with me. They bring me back to so many moments within 1 year.

- My heart leaping a beat whenever WTTBP came on radio at work- it was a new job- i was lonely & nervous, but that song gave me 'belonging'.
- Going on my exercise walks, listening to Helena & repeating the "when every stars fall brought you to tears" line.
- Sitting on the train the day after I bought TBP & almost brought to tears while hearing Disenchanted.
- I Never Told You What I do for A Living...sitting on the bathroom floor (not the most happy moments)
- I'm Not Okay: headbanging at MCR concert without knowing I was doing it so hard.
- Ghost of You: the days when I only had 5 MCR songs on my mp3 player- I listened to it so much that I got sick of the song
- The End (live recording from Melbourne): listening to it in bed & started sobbing because it brought me back to the moment when I saw them in Sydney.
- Walking towards my room (with a mirror at the door) many times after staying up late doing assignments, when the lights are out...weary, tired & stressed & thinking "jet black hotel mirror"...

you can tell mcr was there during the hardest times.
Way1203
Fabulous Killjoy
Way1203
October 12th, 2007 at 04:20pm
Blood reminds me of all the times i have to get my blood taken, which is often. I also listen to it everytime they stick the needle in my vein and i watch the blood drain.
Funky Crime
Bleeding on the Floor
Funky Crime
October 12th, 2007 at 09:46pm
-Bullets as a whole takes me back a few summers ago when I was really, really depressed, and the helped me out of it, made me happy, made me sain again.
-Cancer takes me back to the one time I was walking to my dad's room, and I just thought of my mom, and I started crying, and everytime I sang the first verse and chorus, I'd get teery eyed and it would be hard for me to sing.
-The Sharpest Lives takes me back to the time when my dad, his girlfriend Rebecca and I were in her car, and Sharpest Lives came on, and he said "Oh Brah! That's got to be the coolest ending of a song I've ever heard!!!".
- Mama reminds me of the same ^ time, but when he heard Mama, he was pointing out all the Queen and Doors influences and was saying how crazy and "wowed" the song was.
-To The End reminds me when I was at Hollie's house, and I tried to find the chords to the song, and.. yeah, it was fun.
-Most of the songs on Revenge take me back to the time when, last year in seventh grade, people would always make fun of me because I always wore the "dead!" hoodie and wrote lyrics all over my binders, and I'd just sing a song off of Revenge and I felt better instantly.
FallOutofGrace
Jazz Hands
FallOutofGrace
October 12th, 2007 at 11:31pm
Vampires Will Never Hurt You- walking to the bus stop every morning before the sun even comes up. I almost always listen to it

Our Lady of Sorrows takes me back to when people have been mean to me and I've needed to stand up for myself
Jet-Black Feeling
Killjoy
Jet-Black Feeling
October 13th, 2007 at 12:33am
I have some:
-The first time I heard 'Vampires'. I loved it so much, that I listened to it all weekend. I still haven't got sick of it (this was a long time ago). There's just something about it that I love.
-Listening to 'Desert Song' on the way to and from a funeral on repeat, b/c it was raining and the song just fit the occasion so well.
-When I was having some (personal)problems I kept listening to FLW and Cemetery Drive. I kept repeating the part "I am not afraid to keep on living". Those kept me from going insane. (or worse)
-Everything that they played at my PR show. It was the first time I ever saw them live. It was really surreal. It was the best night of my life. Honestly, I don't think anything will ever top it.
-Their cover of 'Song 2' repeating when Gerard says "kick it, man" just 'cuz I thought it was funny.
-Repeating the intro to Headfirst For Halos in awe that I'll never be that good.
-Listening to "Sleep" when I couldn't sleep.
-Just listening to 'Early Sunsets' for the first time. I cried. Then, I had the stupidest grin on my face all night.
...I think that's it Very Happy
skittle_slut
Thinking Happy Thoughts
skittle_slut
October 13th, 2007 at 12:41am
DEAD!- we were dancing in a bestbuy and playing it on guitar hero!!
I'M_NOT_OKAY!!
Awake and Unafraid
I'M_NOT_OKAY!!
October 13th, 2007 at 01:59am
I'm not okay - remember hearing it for the first time forever ago and dancing oddly with my friend.

Teenagers - falling over in a mosh pit and having Gerard have to tell the people to pick me back up.

Give em Hell Kid - That song was in an odd dream of mine.

...so many other song thoughts....
dark desire.
Salute You in Your Grave
dark desire.
October 13th, 2007 at 02:11am
Famous Last Words-The second time it saved my life
Desert Song-The first time I really payed attention to the song, and it really moved me
Early Sunsets Over Monroeville-The first time I listened to it and I looked like an idiot bawling and walking my dog.
Mrs.Lovette
Fabulous Killjoy
Mrs.Lovette
November 3rd, 2007 at 04:07am
Welcome To The Black PArade: The concert when all the confetti came out.

Teeagers: David and I Screaming it at random people/
melancholy_duck
Fabulous Killjoy
melancholy_duck
November 3rd, 2007 at 02:55pm
i no that three cheers, the whole album, reminds me of the last time i went to stay in scotland with my gran. it was when i'd just bought it and i instantly fell in love with it!
and teenagers, me and my best friend luke sitting in his room singing really loudly and his mum shouting at him. it was great
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
November 3rd, 2007 at 04:17pm
It's Not A Fashion Statement, It's A Fucking Deathwish always chokes me up a little. Not that anything ever happened while listening to it, but it's so beautiful and so full of hope. I know I probably listen to it and hear something different than what was intended, but to me it represents starting over from something hurtful. It's someone who cares very much about someone, helping them recover from something that's hurt them, and promising to take care of them forever. It's an amazing sentiment.

Plus it starts with a quote from Neil Gaiman. How much cooler can you get?
Reason.To.Believe
Joining The Black Parade
Reason.To.Believe
November 3rd, 2007 at 06:17pm
I'm Not Okay - missing my riding lesson cause my best friend forgot to pick me up for it like she promised she would.

Helena - my first sleepover. me and 2 of my closest friends stayed up all night watching random music channels and dancing and discussing wether gerard looked better blonde or black.

Famous Last Words - Finding our I failed two of my 5th year exams
Reason.To.Believe
Joining The Black Parade
Reason.To.Believe
November 3rd, 2007 at 10:02pm
Also

"Teenagers" - driving down to my grans and it came on the radio and my entire (mcr hating family) started singing it. I was like "wtf?! i thought you hated this band!"...it turned out they didn't realise it was mcr. I had to tell them and they were like "oh....*stop singing*" and I laughed at them
Ahead of the Curve
Always Born a Crime
Ahead of the Curve
November 3rd, 2007 at 10:15pm
the whole black parade album reminds me of last year with me and my friends, when we were all friends and happy
that was the best time in my life
i wish it was then again....
My Chemical Living.
Motor Baby
My Chemical Living.
November 3rd, 2007 at 10:50pm
Demolition Lovers - My boyfriend
Thank you for the venom - My friends
Teenagers - running around my small town with my friends at 2 in the morning yelling it at the top of our lungs.
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
November 4th, 2007 at 01:32am
Desert Song - After really listening to it, I absolutlty loved it.

Helena - The first MCR song I heard. I remember watching the video and thinking this was the band for me.

Teenagers - singing the chorus during lunch at school everyday.
pye in the sky
Jazz Hands
pye in the sky
November 4th, 2007 at 03:39pm
whenever i listen to its not a fashion statement its a deathwish i just forget everything..all the pain all the bad stuff and my mind switches back to when everything was okay, something really stirs inside me from the opeing riff of this song. and i cant put into words what that is like
UnchArtEd schrEI
Jazz Hands
UnchArtEd schrEI
November 4th, 2007 at 03:50pm
teenagers- at school we are not suppose to swear but while singging teenagers with lots of swear the teacher got mad
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
November 5th, 2007 at 05:13am
Mama makes me think of walking up the hill to my house after school.
No idea why.
victoriaelaine.
Motor Baby
victoriaelaine.
November 5th, 2007 at 05:16am
haha okay this might be totally off topic but we had a pep rally at my school and they shot confetti and it reminded me of the BP tour and it mad me sad but happy, lol