Don't have an account? Create one!

October 18th, 2007 - New MCR DVD - The Black Parade Is Dead.

AuthorMessage
souverian.
Demolition Lover
souverian.
May 31st, 2008 at 10:39am
It's probably the glitch they were talking about and generally, youtube videos dont match up with the sound.
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
May 31st, 2008 at 12:16pm
Um, I don't know if this is the right board to ask this, but I really want to get the black parade is dead on DVD and pre-order it, but my parents are really religious and don't like the band. I don't know how id sneak that one past them. any ideas?
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
May 31st, 2008 at 12:18pm
the big bang theory.:
I've been hearing a lot about this lip-synching business, and it's amusing me. When they take live videos, they usually record the audio separately from the actual video-taking because you can't possibly get a good, high quality & consistent sound while you record the visuals. It is from the show itself, just that during the editting process, the video-sound is muted, and they took the separate audio to overlay the track. So the audio was probably put over the video track, BUT it wasn't matched properly, which is why you saw Gerard sing something when the audio was gone. That was probably the technical glitch they were talking about.

Ok, that's pretty interesting. There's 2 moments in the vid where his voice continues while he's not holding the mic at his mouth. The show was taped over 2 nights right? Didn't they just use bits of each show for the vid?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 31st, 2008 at 12:25pm
It is youtube, so...that does happen.

Just one month!
xxhangxemxhigh
Killjoy
xxhangxemxhigh
May 31st, 2008 at 12:30pm
It's coming out on my birthday now Very Happy
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
May 31st, 2008 at 01:35pm
sparklinggrey:
Ok, that's pretty interesting. There's 2 moments in the vid where his voice continues while he's not holding the mic at his mouth. The show was taped over 2 nights right? Didn't they just use bits of each show for the vid?

i saw that part too. but i mean, i know he's not lip-synching..
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
May 31st, 2008 at 03:01pm
Solitary Style.:

Uh no, cause the whole vid is intune except for those 2 moments. But okay, it's not a big deal. Leaving it there then.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
May 31st, 2008 at 03:32pm
Solitary Style.:

Yeah, I think it's YouTube's fault as well.
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
May 31st, 2008 at 05:38pm
its coming out the day i leave town for three weeks Sad
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
May 31st, 2008 at 08:38pm
i don't think it's youtube's fault. 'cause even a few seconds before it, it's matched up perfectly. his voice just carries on a little longer than he holds the mic up.
it's just weird. XD
oh well. i hope it's fixed for the dvd.
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
June 5th, 2008 at 02:10am
I preordered the DVD a few days ago, but I just had a bit of "Oh what if?!" moment when I woke up this morning...

It will work on a European DVD player won't it? lol I mean, if they are shipping them worldwide, they need to work on any DVD player right?

I can't really afford £35 on something that might not work! lol
Fireplug.
Salute You in Your Grave
Fireplug.
June 5th, 2008 at 02:40am
Nekotora:
Um, I don't know if this is the right board to ask this, but I really want to get the black parade is dead on DVD and pre-order it, but my parents are really religious and don't like the band. I don't know how id sneak that one past them. any ideas?

Mail stuff is hard 'cause parents usually check... idk about yours.

I'm like 99 percent sure it will be in stores, though. The last dvd was/is AND special edition tbp was/is in stores.

Very Happy
inactive account
Demolition Lover
inactive account
June 5th, 2008 at 12:07pm
i saw LOTMS in HMV the other day.... just sayin...
quick_fixes
Jazz Hands
quick_fixes
June 5th, 2008 at 02:48pm
Firegarder:
I preordered the DVD a few days ago, but I just had a bit of "Oh what if?!" moment when I woke up this morning...

It will work on a European DVD player won't it? lol I mean, if they are shipping them worldwide, they need to work on any DVD player right?

I can't really afford £35 on something that might not work! lol

Yeah I think the dvd will work on all dvdplayers, just like lotms Smile.
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
June 5th, 2008 at 03:07pm
ignore
Firegarder
Joining The Black Parade
Firegarder
June 5th, 2008 at 04:21pm
Ah right, I thoguht it would be, but got a bit paranoid.

I didn't know LOTMS was multi region! But then I bought it in the UK, so I knew it would work here anyway.
carolaisabel
Jazz Hands
carolaisabel
June 5th, 2008 at 08:18pm
I have a question. Does anyone know if besides from the performance in Mexico, the DVD will have interviews, backstage footage and stuff like that?
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
June 5th, 2008 at 10:55pm
Fireplug.:
Nekotora:

Mail stuff is hard 'cause parents usually check... idk about yours.

I'm like 99 percent sure it will be in stores, though. The last dvd was/is AND special edition tbp was/is in stores.

Very Happy

Oh ok thanks! :>
sparklinggrey
Jazz Hands
sparklinggrey
June 6th, 2008 at 05:14am
jim sturgess.:
i don't think it's youtube's fault. 'cause even a few seconds before it, it's matched up perfectly. his voice just carries on a little longer than he holds the mic up.
it's just weird. XD
oh well. i hope it's fixed for the dvd.

i don't think that's the prob they were talking about that. stuff like that happens. bad editing i guess. o well. almost there guys!
kid from yesterday.
Bleeding on the Floor
kid from yesterday.
June 6th, 2008 at 06:12am
The DVD will work on all DVD players.
They're all made the same you know. Just different companies.

Actually, no, not all DVDs work on all DVD players. There's the region code. European/US region codes may not work for Asia region codes.
FYI.