Don't have an account? Create one!

The Draft

AuthorMessage
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
November 1st, 2009 at 12:51am
People argue that it will help in the case of an important war, or if they need more people. If the people are not joining, or there are not many people in the military, they obviously do not view it to be a very important war. Well, at least not as imporrtant as their own lives anyways.
Darkromance
Banned
Darkromance
November 17th, 2009 at 01:13pm
Darkromance:
nah. before they start tearing innocent people away from their lives and putting them in the middle of war, they should except homosexuals who want to join.
correct me if you think I'm wrong or if I havn't considered a certain aspect of this, but it seems to me that a lot war is fought just because a small handful of douchebags can't get along and agree with things. I think WWII was worth it, but not the ones after it...nope.

apparantly so many people go to war over things started and run by a few people. I find that amazing.

hey several days ago I read "Civil Disobedience", and that's exactly what the author, Henry David Thoreau, said. The few who govern make big decisions for everyone else, even if those decisions are unnecessary and unfavorable for the mass amount of people who they are deciding for.
teen spirit.
Crash Queen
teen spirit.
November 25th, 2009 at 04:09pm
i'm firmly against it myself. while i have my own opinions on war, forcing someone who could possibly be completely against war to fight in one is wrong. especially when that person will be killing. the guilt that person will feel can cause a huge amount of emotional distress.