Don't have an account? Create one!

Friends With Benefits.

AuthorMessage
Sonnet 130
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Sonnet 130
March 30th, 2008 at 10:39am
I've never had that type of relationship with a friend so i can't speak for personal experience.

i think that you and your friend should feel the same way and that you both know that you will only ever be friends even if you to have these benefits.

I think young people shouldn't have these types of friends because, I think you need to in a relationship before you commit to expressing yourself in a physical way.

I don't having any problem with mature people having these friends, there is going to be someone there for you when you need them emotionally and physically.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 5th, 2008 at 11:11am
I think it's ok, I mean as long as you don't do it when you have someone else in your life. You don't have to worry about getting attached but you do have to worry about losing a friend if something happens.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 5th, 2008 at 02:20pm
Freinds with Benefits are awful. They never work at all that well, someone always likes the other person more then the other person likes them. Like maybe there are some exceptions were people made it work and still had thier freind, but in cases I've seen in real life, it never ends nicely
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 5th, 2008 at 08:02pm
Sorry, this is really bugging me - can someone, either the owner of this thread or an admin, PLEASE change "benifits" to benefits in the header.
sinking feeling
Thinking Happy Thoughts
sinking feeling
August 6th, 2008 at 01:34am
friends with benefits are pointless and stupid...they never work out
Rainbow_Vampire
Killjoy
Rainbow_Vampire
August 6th, 2008 at 02:14am
Friends with benifits... as awesome as it is some one always gets their feelings hurt. Whether they admit it or not.
nevergetmealive
Joining The Black Parade
nevergetmealive
August 6th, 2008 at 05:14am
they are absolutely pointless and only cause trouble. teh only reason "friends with benefits" exist is because people are emotionally unstable and not ready for a proper realtionsip, buit doing what they are doing definately doesnt help.
i ahve a friend (who is16) and is now in a proper realtionship but she used to go by the friends with benefits idea, and she doesnt admit it but it messed her up. she lost her virginity when she was 13 aand in a good relationsip (or so she thought) but when the broke up she went on a downwards spiral and slept with many guys. now this messed her up alot and she has no restaints now. cause she slept with a lot fo her friends in between the period of her ex and b/f now, she believed sex was for love, and got a broken heart with each guy she slept with. she is now 16 and has already slept with 7guys, now noone can say that that is good in anyway.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
August 6th, 2008 at 06:23am

I think the 'Friends with Benefits" thing just ruins relationships.
Just using each other for the physical part of a romantic relationship?
Not what I would call ideal.
But I guess that it's all down to personal opinion.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 6th, 2008 at 07:57am
I don't understand why most people here are so negative about it. Who's to say it ruins feelings / relationships / people all the time? Just like other types of relationships, sometimes it can work, sometimes it can't. And when it does work, more power to the people in the friends-with-benefits relationship.

It doesn't always end up in tragic heartbreak.
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 6th, 2008 at 09:52am
MIndfuck:
I don't understand why most people here are so negative about it. Who's to say it ruins feelings / relationships / people all the time? Just like other types of relationships, sometimes it can work, sometimes it can't. And when it does work, more power to the people in the friends-with-benefits relationship.

I agree it doesn't always mess things up, I mean some people can handle it better than others, and SOME people do get attached to the one's they're messing around with, but it's ok. I mean if its' what you want to do then go ahead and do it. Very Happy
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 6th, 2008 at 02:23pm
Mindfuck:

I agree but I've seen many people try to be freinds with benefits, and most of them didn't last long, they can work, but also I don't think they really are that healthy
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 6th, 2008 at 06:19pm
Mindfuck:

My viewpoint exactly. I've had friends with benefits and it worked out fine. And I had another friend who had two friends with benefits, and she was okay. So I think it just depends on the people involved.
Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
August 6th, 2008 at 07:26pm
Madeleine, I edited the title. Smile

Personally I've been in this situation and it was always a good thing for me, but it takes a certain type of person to be able to cope with it. I've always been a feisty and independent. I've never been the kind of girl looking for Prince Charming and having a friend with benefits at certain times in my life has always been a bonus.

If you are in any way vulnerable or sensitive then this isnt a good situation for you to get yourself into.

Howver, if you go into a relationship like this with open eyes and know what to expect it can be a very rewarding type of friendship.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 7th, 2008 at 01:09am
My Dear Delirious:
but also I don't think they really are that healthy
I'm unclear as to why you think they are unhealthy....
Surely if the people involved in the relationship want to be in it, it cannot be that unhealthy. Sure, it may end on bad terms, but hey - welcome to the world of relationships. And that goes for any relationship, including non-sexual ones.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 7th, 2008 at 02:07am
Mindfuck:

Surely if the people involved in the relationship want to be in it, it cannot be that unhealthy. Sure, it may end on bad terms, but hey - welcome to the world of relationships. And that goes for any relationship, including non-sexual ones. [/size][/font]
well if your doing this, you obviously are are living on some lies, like in some way there will be lies, and somewhere feelings will get in and then cast aside, but if you can make it work, then power to you, but everyone I know in these always end up getting hurt
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 7th, 2008 at 02:10am
^Why does there have to be lying? And why do you presume that the people in the relationship are "living on some lies"?
Again - I am a tad confused about what you're trying to say.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 7th, 2008 at 02:16am
Mindfuck:
^Why does there have to be lying? And why do you presume that the people in the relationship are "living on some lies"?
Again - I am a tad confused about what you're trying to say.
well ok from seeing people I know in a relationship like this and they lie about it, like if they meet someone they like, obviously they aren't gonna say, "I'm screwing my friend for the hell of it" but like you would not talk about it, or like expose it and if you go out with someone, then you defedetnly would refer to them as just a freind, cause your not always going to just like be blunt and scream, "we are freinds with benefits" so idk, like I have seen lies but then agian the people in my life, the majority of them are very screwed up
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 7th, 2008 at 02:46am
^But that's not true for all "friends-with-benefits" relationships. I'd say the people you're talking about are quite immature.
bat1984
Bleeding on the Floor
bat1984
August 7th, 2008 at 04:09am
As long as all parties are okay with it and no gets their feeling hurt why not if your both in between relationships I can't see any harm