Volt-Zorg Boy:

zack hall.:

ahaha, thank you guys! :]
crooked smile.
Shotgun Sinner
crooked smile.
July 27th, 2008 at 12:54pm
Friday was my date! It was awesome.
I saw Beat Union and Automatic Loveletter first. Beat Union was best.
Then we saw like, one song from From First To Last. After that, nothing was going on until 2:30, so we went to TAI's merch tent and bought stuff and met Ziggy the merch boy.
Cobra wasn't supposed to have a signing that day, but Alex was out anyway, and I met him for the second time. <3 We took a picture and he signed the My Little Pony I brought.
Then we watched TAI, and they were awesome, of course. They played Checkmarks, which made me very happy. The new songs were awesome, too.
Unfortunately, my friend's sunglasses got kicked off her head by a crowdsurfer, which was scary. Mayday Parade was on at the same time, so we couldn't watch them. D:
Then, we saw Oreskaband, who were insanely amazing and enthusiastic. My mom bought their cd right after their set. XD
We met Fred Mascherino from The Color Fred at the Eco Inititive tent. He, too, signed the pony. He was so nice.
Next, we watched Say Anything, who were insanely awesome. They played all of my favorite songs. :]
We had to like, run to see the Color Fred, but it was worth it. Fred's kids were there, so he brought them out on stage and introduced them. It was really cute.
Unfortunately, we missed most of Forever The Sickest Kids' set, but what we saw was great. We saw We The Kings right after. Travis had drawn a picture of himself, so he threw it out to the crowd.
Then, we saw Gym Class Heroes, who were awesome. I wish they'd played New Friends Request, though. D: Travie was hilarious.
And last but not least, Cobra Starship was on at 8:30 because their bus had broken down, but they were amazing. They were playing at the same time as All Time Low, so we missed them. D: Gabe's dad was there that night, lmao. And Gabe messed up the words to Guilty Pleasure. He seemed pretty drunk. XD
But yeah, it was an awesome day!
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
July 27th, 2008 at 03:25pm
jon walker.:
That sounds awesome, Nicole!
I'm so glad you got to meet Alex and Fred! :D
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
July 27th, 2008 at 10:44pm
gabanti.:
jon walker.:
That sounds awesome, Nicole!
I'm so glad you got to meet Alex and Fred! :D
frobs_bonks
Killjoy
frobs_bonks
July 28th, 2008 at 01:16am
anna's just a kid.:
i'm going to the july 31st date

Me too!!
I'm tabling with peta2. I'm super stoked!!
I really want to see The Color Fred.
brand new eyes
Always Born a Crime
brand new eyes
July 28th, 2008 at 02:21pm

Because of the rain, me and some cool kids got to hang out with Chris Reckless and Ricky Terror.
Swoon
I'm the only kid singing with Ricky. lmfao
radio ga ga.
Demolition Lover
radio ga ga.
July 28th, 2008 at 03:09pm
so mine was yesterday. :D!
I HAD SO MUCH FUN!
but it stormed really bad and it was so fucking intense,
cause we were watching Forever The Sickest Kids.
they were playing during thunder and lightening. D:
everyone was happy they did, and it was awesome,
but i think they got kind of mad because i think something
happend, and the storm got worse, so they stopped,
and everyone ran for cover under the pavilion and anything
else they could stop under to stay dry.
but we ran back to the pavilion and we got soaking wet in the
process, but that was the only bad thing that happend
during the day.
everything else was amazing!
i had to fight with my mom to stay long and get to see Gym Class Heroes,
but it was totally worth it because they were amazing live,
and my friend wanted to see them so bad, so i would have felt bad if we didn't,
but kljglkflj<33333, luls, it was so good!
and i think travis deffinately looked at me for like, a few seconds, it was amazing. D:
i saw a lot of other bands, too, cobra starship, ludo, family force five, katy perry, oreskaband,
schwayze, the academy is.., say anything, sky eats airplane, automatic loveletter,
every time i die, and relient k. most of them we saw all of their set, but some
we only saw a little, and i didn't even know a few of them, but when we sat under the
pavillion we watched them, cause we didn't have anything better to do. luls
but all of them were good live, so it didn't matter.
frobs_bonks
Killjoy
frobs_bonks
July 28th, 2008 at 07:55pm
CHRISTOPHER LENT.:

Because of the rain, me and some cool kids got to hang out with Chris Reckless and Ricky Terror.
Swoon
I'm the only kid singing with Ricky. lmfao

Haha. That song is so catchy....and now it's stuck in my head.

3 days until Warped!!!!
ryan ross.
Bulletproof Heart
ryan ross.
July 29th, 2008 at 10:28pm
SO, MY DATE WAS TODAY.
I'm sorry this is so long.

11:00 - GATES OPEN.
So, we got there around nine, and they turned us away, so we went down to Arby's and came back later, a little after ten. And the dude at the gate wouldn't let me bring in my diet green tea for cobra. But I had bananas and string cheese, too, so it was alright. The first thing we did was go find Cobra's tent, so I could give Danny their food (i was really worried that the cheese was going to get gross). But he was on a half hour break. So, we walked around, caught a bit of Anberlin, and came back. And he gave me the number.

So, then we went in search of the playwork tent. When we got there, Victoria Asher (who was wearing the phantom planet shirt i'd bought like, ten minutes before) was sitting there talking to Jac Vanek, where she was for a few hours. So I got to talk to both of them then. I went back three times throughout the day and got all of her bracelets except 'lurker'.

2:00 - COBRA STARSHIP.
Pictures: 1 2 3. Those were taken before they actually played.
I had to stand through most of Story Of The Year's set to get a good place, but it was completely worth it. THEY WERE AMAZING. I was about three people back, dead center. They came out to this song that was like "hustlin', hustlin'" over and over again, and Gabe was singing along until they went into "The City Is At War." William Beckett and Adam Siska came out for "Snakes On A Plane." For that song, I had my phone out to call Katie, and William kept pointing at it.

2:00 - WE THE KINGS SIGNING.
I couldn't go to We The Kings's signing, because Cobra was on then. But my mom did go over, and I got this. Plus, she got a high-five for being the oldest one there.

3:30 - GYM CLASS HEROES.
The stage.
I didn't get to catch much of their show, only two songs, because I had to get back over to the AP tent for Cobra's signing. But I did get a video of Clothes Off.

4:00 - COBRA STARSHIP SIGNING. The guy in plaid's Alex and Gabe's in blue on the other side of the table.
I MET NATE NOVARRO. ALSKGDHALKDGNAL. AND THE REST OF THE BAND, TOO - ALEX, RYLAND (who was wearing a pink mickey mouse shirt), VICTORIA, AND GABE. BUT I'VE MET ALL OF THEM BEFORE, SO I WAS SO STOKED ABOUT MEETING NATE. And lmao, Alex spelled my name wrong- as Courtnay. But that doesn't matter too much. There was this thing where if you recycled a bottle for them, they would give you an automatic pass to the signing and they gave you Cobra's AP cover (because it's the ap tent), so that's what I got signed. I had the cut pass, too, so Ashley got to use that, and she was the first person up. Oh, and the girl in front of me, she asked Alex for his left sock. And he gave it to her. Nate kept making fun of him and telling him his feet smelled.

Between them and TAI, I caught a bit of Katy Perry.

5:30 - THE ACADEMY IS...
Pictures. 1 2 3 4 5 6
They came out to the Star Wars theme, lmao. I got a video of About a Girl and the last part of We've Got A Big Mess On Our Hands. They won the extra ten minutes from the pickrset thing, so they played Checkmarks and Almost Here.

6:00 - WE THE KINGS.
Pictures: 1 2 3 4
Because TAI got the extra ten minutes, I only got to see two songs from We The Kings, and they were from the far right side of the stage, so I couldn't see much.

7:10 - SAY ANYTHING.
Pictures: 1 2 3 4 5
I went over right after We The Kings finished and saw most of Angels And Airwaves. Once they were done, I was like, one person back - originally, at least; i ended up two or three people back by the end - dead center. Max was right in front of me. I got a video of Woe. At the very end, for the last song, the rest of the band left, and he gave us a choice. People had kept yelling "A Walk Through Hell" and "I Want To Know Your Plans," so he asked us which we wanted him to play. He ended up with "I Want To Know Your Plans."

AND THEN I LEFT.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
July 29th, 2008 at 10:34pm
Holy crap, Courtenay, everything sounds so amazing sdjkfhsdkfhsd
I am so, so glad you had an amazing time, and they YOU GOT TO MEET NATE.
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
July 29th, 2008 at 10:38pm
Oh my god, Courtenay.
That is amazing.
I'm glad you had such a good time. <3
brendon urie.
Full of Ephedrine
brendon urie.
July 29th, 2008 at 11:07pm
spencer smith.:
Holy crap, Courtenay, everything sounds so amazing sdjkfhsdkfhsd
I am so, so glad you had an amazing time, and they YOU GOT TO MEET NATE.
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
July 30th, 2008 at 01:22am
COURTENAY, THAT HAS TO BE THE MOST AMAZING DAY IN HISTORY.
I am so incredibly happy for you. <3333333333333

AND THANK YOU FOR CALLING ME.
gabanti.
In The Murder Scene
gabanti.
July 31st, 2008 at 04:24pm
OH MY GOSH, COURTENAY.
I AM SOSOSOSOSO HAPPY FOR YOU.
<3333333333333

anddd i had mine yesterday. and it was fucking PERFECT.

the academy is...
i'm sure i would have enjoyed their set a lot more if we didn't get completely killed in the pit. i don't know why it was that bad... i didn't think theirs would be. but we were surrounded by three tall fat guys, soo that wasn't too fun. we got out on like, the 3rd song.. and we went further back, and the rest was amazing. some of the stages were covered and set up so that there was a small area for a pit, and the rest had seats.
for the rest of tai..., we went up in the seats, standing of course, and still had a good view. so from the forth song on, we enjoyed it. :D
i got some pictures and videos, but i'll upload the videos later. here are the pictures.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

the audition
they were awesome! they didn't have a big crowd, and the crowd was really lame at first. but towards the end, everyone was dancing and having fun. they were amazing. <3
timmy kept smiling at maddie and me. we found him later and met him, he signed our shirts, and we got pictures. :D
pictures of the show:
1 2 3 4 5

COBRA SIGNING!
the line was kind of long by the time we found where it was. a lady was going down the line getting everyone to write down their name, number, and email address if they wanted them to take a picture of them with cobra, and they would email it to them. so maddie and i both signed it.
i have no idea when we'll get the pictures.. hopefully soon.
anyway... i won't type every detail here. i'll save it for the cobra thread.
but i met all of them, and they were AMAZING. i got hugs from gabe and alex, and vickyt told maddie that she was pretty sure it wasn't her we talked to on the phone on monday.. but that it was someone else that has been pretending to be her. they all signed the sunglasses i bought except vicky-t. i think they just didn't get to her. and alex and gabe signed my shirt. all of them signed maddie's shirt, i think.
the body guard man made us get out of the way and i yelled "I LOVE YOU." to gabe, and he smiled and waved and said "i love you guys!"
we waited around there just so we could watch them and maybe catch them again as they walked by, but the guy kept pushing gabe along when they were leaving. while he was walking he smiled and waved to me, and i said "are you guys gonna be hanging out here later today?" and instead of answering, gabe was still being pushed away and did all these hand motions i didn't understand, involving pointing and giving a thumbs up and down and god knows what he was talking about. but i just said "...okay!" lmfao.
vickyt and nate stayed behind to meet a few of us thatwere still hanging around, and first was nate. we'd just met them a few minutes ago, but ..fdshagkjhsdgjkhag.
maddie is like, deeply in love with nate now, more than any member of the band.
he was spaced out, and they were standing next to each other and maddie said "hey!" and nate goes ".......OH HEY!" lmfao. it was so cute.
here's maddie's picture with nate!
then i went up to him and gave him a surprise hug and he hugged me so tight! lmao, i didn't want to let go. <3
and here's my picture with himmmm!
THENNN vicky-t was still hanging around, and we asked her about the phone call, and told her she told us she had to go to a barbecue. then she was like "OH YEAH, THAT WAS ME." lmfao. she was SO sweet.
maddie's picture with vicky-t, and my picture with vicky-t! :DDDD
and HERREEE is a video my mom took of us meeting cobra. :D she didn't get all of it, or any of our hugs except maddie and nate hugging at the beginning. but still. AHHHH!! <33333

then we found timmy from the audition, and both got pictures with him and got him to sign our shirts.
maddie and timmy and me and timmy!

forever the sickest kids were playing behind us while we were in line for the cobra signing, so even though i didn't get to be up there and see them, i still heard them and danced and had fun. :D

shwayze!
we left early so we could go eat and be early for cobra, but what we saw was good.
lmao, i've never heard weed mentioned so many times in one concert! xD
pictures:
1 2

COBRA STARSHIP!
we tried to get in the crowd for the bronx, who was playing before them, but it was scary. so we just stayed to the side, lmao.
we got the barrier, kind of.. and we figured once cobra started, we would just scoot over into the crowd and be fine. well, that didn't happen. but even though it was an odd angle, they were SO FUCKING CLOSE to us. gabe kept coming over to the end of the stage right in front of us, and alex was sososo close.
they had a LOTTTTT of technical difficulties during their set.
they started with the city is at war, and it was so much fun. that one was fine.
then, they were started DJ, and gabe started to bring his fangs up, but then the music stopped and he kept his cool and just joked around with ryland about it.
then he started putting his fangs up again and the music stopped. again. they tried to play it cool still, but they had to fix whatever was up. they made jokes about ryland, and it was so funny. ryland looked embarrassed, lmao. not about the song messing up.. just about the jokes, lulz.
throughout the set, gabe's mic would just stop working. he got SO pissed off. like.. it was bad.
he still performed as crazy as usual and he was still smiley and all, but he was destroying everything.
they kept having to stop to fix his mic, and he kept saying sorry but that when something like that happens, they just keep on going.
it kept happening, and gabe just started throwing the mic down as hard as he could. ryland kept having to take over and talk to the crowd to entertain us while they were messing with gabe's mic.
it got to the point where gabe just picked up the mic stand and started smashing it against the ground as hard as he could. then he took one of vicky-t's keytar keys and threw it out into the crowd. he was not a happy boy.
i got a video of him talking about being pissed off, and how he tends to destroy things when he is. i'll upload that soon.
aside from all the problems, it was an AMAZING show.
they only played six songs though. maybe that's how many they usually play on warped, though. i don't know.
it was the city is at war, dj, paparazzi, the church of hot addiction, snakes on a plane, and then part of hollaback boy into guilty pleasure.
it was sosososo fun. especially guilty pleasure. during the chorus once, gabe lookd over at maddie and i doing the guilty pleasure dance very obnoxiously and smiled. it was pretty great, haha. :D
pictures:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

we the kings!
we went straight from cobra to we the kings, so we were pretty far in the back. it wasn't too bad, though, but i didn't take any pictures. just a few videos.
they were amazing, as usual. maddie and i jumped and had an awesome time. traivs's voice seemed even more amazing. i called katie during part of "secret valentine" and "all again for you" since we didn't get to see gym class heroes, and i know she loves we the kings too. :]

3OH!3
oh man. it was an AWESOME way to end the day.
they were so much fun. maddie and i were too exhausted to get in the crowd, so we stayed further up. but EVERYBODY was dancing. everybody. at the end, a ton of people were on stage just dancing, and the whole time, everybody in the pit was always jumping or dancing or putting him the 3OH!3 sign. i don't know what it is about them, but all the 3OH!3 fans made their show be one of the best. i got a few videos, and i'll be sure to post them!

SO THAT'S IT. i'm so sorry about the length, lmao.
i'm gonna go ramble about meeting cobra in the cobra starship thread soon. xD
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
July 31st, 2008 at 04:39pm
THAT IS SO AMAZING, RACHEL.
SRSLY. <3
I'm so happy that you had such an amazing time. (:
batsquad!
Awake and Unafraid
batsquad!
July 31st, 2008 at 08:01pm
THANK YOU FOR CALLING ME RACHEL.
That sounds like such an amazing day. I'm so glad you had such a great time!
<3333333333
Colorado Sunrise.
Salute You in Your Grave
Colorado Sunrise.
July 31st, 2008 at 10:14pm
I was going to get that cd they make, every year, the Warped one, well it didn't have much great songs though.
loki.
Bulletproof Heart
loki.
August 1st, 2008 at 02:26pm
I'm so glad you had a great time, Rachel. <333
Volt-Zorg Boy
Awake and Unafraid
Volt-Zorg Boy
August 1st, 2008 at 11:59pm
tomorrow morning
high of 92
warped tour chicago
it's going to be sweatyawesome
AwakexAndxUnafraid
Killjoy
AwakexAndxUnafraid
August 2nd, 2008 at 07:23pm
Warped MA was AMAZING. It did rain for a half hour, but the rain gave me a chance to catch Madina Lake's set (which was UNBELIEVABLE.) The mosh during that set was insane. There were so many people that it was like body to body with almost no room to move, and people just lost their minds. I would occasionally see a shoe or hat go flying (on one occasion I saw a shirt.) The other highlight was meeting Fred Mascherino after The Colour Fred's set. He was so incredibly nice and friendly. He even signed my shirt and took a picture with me and my friend