AuthorMessage
water-cooler-romance
Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
May 14th, 2008 at 10:29pm
Do you think world peace is possible?
if so when, how?
if not why?

I did a search and didn't find any topics on this, but feel free to delete if it is not considered a serious enough topic or needs to be included in another thread. Thanx
Ar!el
Jazz Hands
Ar!el
May 15th, 2008 at 08:51am
I'd like to think that world peace is possible, but somehow I just can't bring myself to it. There are too many ignorant or stubborn people out there who insist on holding old grudges against other countries or ethnicities. And even if we attempt to educate them or anything like that, I still don't really see it happening. There are too many prejudices out there for the human race ever to make peace with itself. It's like a big argument where both sides think they're right. One side may eventually stop believing that they're actually right, but someone else will pick up their end of the argument just for the sake of not letting the other side win.

Besides, how can we expect worldwide peace when we can't even have peace within controlled areas, like school or work environments? It's sad, but I don't think the world is ready to make peace with itself.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 15th, 2008 at 04:26pm
i dont think it is possible. people use violence to handle there problems and dont always look for the more peaceful solution-there probly was one in more than one occasion that was handled with war
theghostofyou123
Killjoy
theghostofyou123
May 15th, 2008 at 05:40pm
i think that world peace is not possible, because there will always be greedy people and always be problems in this world. i just hope that the world be a more peaceful place in the future, even though i think it won't be totally perfect.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 15th, 2008 at 07:45pm
The idea of world peace is a very idealist theory, and if you think about it logically, then, in my opinion, it just cannot happen.
I think conflict is a natural part of human behaviour. We disagree with people. We argue with people. No one gets along with everybody.

As long as there are racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, etc. people in the world, then I personally feel that world peace is unattainable.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 15th, 2008 at 11:15pm
^^^ HEY EVERYONE UP THERE!
You've got to understand, the more we say peace isn't possible, the more we make it impossible. The only reason such a statement as shown above isn't true is because people decide it isn't. If you have already decided inside yourself that you wish war to be over, GREAT! Keep it that way, don't lose track of the thought because you think it doesn't matter. Never forget how much power we each hold, remember; We all have the power to change the world; we do it when we change ourselves. If you want to live in peace, BE PEACEFUL, we will be one step closer, its that easy. And just to clarify, this does not mean wasting your weekend at a peace rally or blowing a weeks pay on charity (if you want to great) it just means striving to livie your life without violence or fear. I've been doing it for years and I love it! - I'm less afraid, a lot happier and try to spread my happiness on to others. A difficult and hard life I know ~ Rex
sweet dreams.
Salute You in Your Grave
sweet dreams.
May 15th, 2008 at 11:33pm
As sorry as I am to say this, it's definitely not possible. No matter what we do to assure safety and kindness, there are always people with conflicting opinions. Some are easy to get along with because they accept others' beliefs, but there are way too many stubborn people that will never understand, no matter how hard we try to teach them. The world wasn't meant to be peaceful. If it were, everyone would have similar ideas. And that would just be dreary. xD

But, in all seriousness, I wish it were possible. Sadly, it's not.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 16th, 2008 at 12:48am
KingRex:

You've got to understand, the more we say peace isn't possible, the more we make it impossible. The only reason such a statement as shown above isn't true is because people decide it isn't. If you have already decided inside yourself that you wish war to be over, GREAT! Keep it that way, don't lose track of the thought because you think it doesn't matter. Never forget how much power we each hold, remember; We all have the power to change the world; we do it when we change ourselves. If you want to live in peace, BE PEACEFUL, we will be one step closer, its that easy. And just to clarify, this does not mean wasting your weekend at a peace rally or blowing a weeks pay on charity (if you want to great) it just means striving to livie your life without violence or fear. I've been doing it for years and I love it! - I'm less afraid, a lot happier and try to spread my happiness on to others. A difficult and hard life I know ~ Rex

I can't say the same for everyone else "UP THERE", but I personally think that we need a balance in this world; I believe that war is a part of our existence on this earth. I don't believe peace is attainable. As I said before, as long as we have people on this earth who feel hostility towards certain people of the community [i.e homosexuals, people from different cultures etc], to me it seems that peace will never be.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 16th, 2008 at 01:38am

i agree, i think that peace is not attainable ever. i mean the whole reason their are conflicts are because everyone has differing cultures and ideals and so on. i dont think youll ever stop that no matter how many peace rallies, you can have tolerance but there is only so much that can do.

Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 16th, 2008 at 01:10pm
Has NOBODY even looked at my signatue, that pretty much is an answer to the protesters here... Yes we will forever have differences, it does not mean we will forever have to kill each other. Only if we decide to.....So lets decide not to. Duh!

techno cocaine:
I can't say the same for everyone else "UP THERE", but I personally think that we need a balance in this world; I believe that war is a part of our existence on this earth. I don't believe peace is attainable.

Honestly, I feel sick if you actually believe this. Life and Death are a balance. There can never be a balance with war. War is what ends the balance.

Oh and Migatron, How'd the tests go? I still hope to continue our discusion...
the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:41pm
Neptune.:
As sorry as I am to say this, it's definitely not possible. No matter what we do to assure safety and kindness, there are always people with conflicting opinions. Some are easy to get along with because they accept others' beliefs, but there are way too many stubborn people that will never understand, no matter how hard we try to teach them. The world wasn't meant to be peaceful. If it were, everyone would have similar ideas. And that would just be dreary. xD

But, in all seriousness, I wish it were possible. Sadly, it's not.
'

I completely and totally agree with olivia and the other people on this thread that think that peace is not possible at this point in time. in order for everyone to have peace everyone would have to think that same way and that is just not possible. i don't want to be exactly like the other billions of people in this world, that would be ridiculous. it would be great if we could have world peace but in order to get people to stop being individuals you would have to turn them into some kind of zombie that you can get to think what ever you want them to think.
I totally think peace would make this world the best... i'm not being negative in anway by saying this but people, do you really truely think that you are gonna be able to make these people from like complete other countries that thrive upon using war to setttle our differences get to peace out of no where? it isn't going to happen. other people have it as part of their religion and if they are willing to die for their gods, why would they go against their gods just by your persuasion? that would make no sense.
of course it is possible to cut down war to a minimal but there is no way to completely end it.
and the statement, "You've got to understand, the more we say peace isn't possible, the more we make it impossible. " is ridiculous because how is just us going to change how the rest of the world suddenly believes in peace.
people can try for it but when you stand back and look at the situation, it just isn't feasable.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 16th, 2008 at 08:41pm
KingRex:
Has NOBODY even looked at my signatue, that pretty much is an answer to the protesters here... Yes we will forever have differences, it does not mean we will forever have to kill each other. Only if we decide to.....So lets decide not to. Duh!

techno cocaine:
I can't say the same for everyone else "UP THERE", but I personally think that we need a balance in this world; I believe that war is a part of our existence on this earth. I don't believe peace is attainable.

Honestly, I feel sick if you actually believe this. Life and Death are a balance. There can never be a balance with war. War is what ends the balance.

Oh and Migatron, How'd the tests go? I still hope to continue our discusion...

I don't disagree we will always have differences, and yes, people can get along even when they have differences. But not everyone pertains to that ideal; there are always going to be people who feel it is okay to bash someone up because they're black, or gay, or a woman etc. etc. [by the way, those are just examples; the list is endless]. If we can't sort out those people in our small communities, then what hope is there that peace will happen on a global scale? Peace is asking for us all to live in harmony with every single person on this earth, and that seems unnatural to me. As I said before, I strongly believe conflict is a part of human nature. And when I say conflict, I don't mean bashing people up. I mean disagreeing with personal, moral and religious beliefs. And unfortunately, it seems to me that it is also human nature to go into combat with people who threaten us on those grounds.

-hands you a sick bag-
Sorry if I make you feel sick with my opinion, but war doesn't just have to include violence. I think that wars of words would be much better than wars that slaughter thousands of people. But unfortunately, I can't see war going away anytime soon, and it is unfortunate. My perspective is a strict realist one, not an idealist one. No one said a realist's perspective was a pretty one.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 16th, 2008 at 08:41pm
dp
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 16th, 2008 at 10:18pm
Oh my God! Where is all this negativity coming from? I mean with all the positive out look MCR gives us, I would only expect the fans to reflect this in life…
And yes I hear your “Realist” views but you’ve got to see, if you have no hope, there is no hope. In other words, your misery and hate will kill us all haha.

Please understand we are now living through a great cosmic test. The consequences of humanities past actions are catching up to us and change is inevitable, only what kind of change can be decided by what we can accept inside ourselves.
Please, please know that:

WE. CREATE. OUR. OWN. FUTURE.

How the world is now is a result of our past and how we choose to live today, triggers the world of tomorrow. The greatest day in human history will be when we can all see that violence is not a solution to our problems. If we want more love in the world, we must show more love to ourselves. And if we want less fear in the world, we must learn to be less afraid. This is how the individual changes the future

Understand this is truly an evolutionary diverge. If we can live in peace we will survive, if not we will parish by our own hand. As in the words of JFK “Mankind must put an end to War, or War will put an end to Mankind.”

Heroin Addiction.:
i don't want to be exactly like the other billions of people in this world, that would be ridiculous. it would be great if we could have world peace but in order to get people to stop being individuals you would have to turn them into some kind of zombie that you can get to think what ever you want them to think.

Look I really think you’ve got some mixed up ideas. I NEVER will give up my individuality, and a future of the same people is a terrible thought. We don’t have to change so we are no longer different. We have to change so that we can accept we are all different. – There is a great difference.

Heroin Addiction:
the statement, "You've got to understand, the more we say peace isn't possible, the more we make it impossible. "is ridiculous because how is just us going to change how the rest of the world suddenly believes in peace.
people can try for it but when you stand back and look at the situation, it just isn't feasible.
If we cannot see peace is possible, then peace is impossible. How can we solve a problem if at first we don’t think it can be solved. The more people who change to believe in peace, the closer we are to living in it. The more people who decide not to help, (whether by not supporting the ideology or by using violence) the harder it will be to achieve our goal. If you are one of these people, the reason and any blame for living in a torn and broken world lies with you. I will not be apart of this, I will do all I can to remove myself away form said blame.

And for everyone who might not understand when I say “Believe or live in peace” I do not mean, like the idea. I mean eat, sleep, breath, sing, and scream peace. This quickest way to understanding and finding a sophisticated society

Heroin Addiction:
I totally think peace would make this world the best...
How can you sit there and think it would be nice to live in peace, and not strive to? Are we really that lazy as a species that we will not act to save our own race? I mean World Peace is of the highest achievement, the greatest goal, and the most worthy thing to strive for. Why are we not able to do so? We will never get anywhere if all we do is sit here and say it’s pointless. I am one who has to try; if it’s all pointless who cares? Is that an excuse to just sit here and let the world fall apart? We will never know how far we can go if we never try. And if we don’t succeed at least we made an effort. And who knows, what if we DO succeed, how great would that be? I wanna know

techno cocaine:
Peace is asking for us all to live in harmony with every single person on this earth, and that seems unnatural to me. As I said before, I strongly believe conflict is a part of human nature. And when I say conflict, I don't mean bashing people up. I mean disagreeing with personal, moral and religious beliefs. And unfortunately, it seems to me that it is also human nature to go into combat with people who threaten us on those grounds.
Peace is only unnatural today because we are still primitive beings who are slaves of fear. If only we could transcend this philosophy and attain a higher existence as a race, peace would become the most natural and important aspect of living. And yet, in such a society there would still be conflict. This is not a problem, and it is human nature. We just need to learn how to deal with it. The solution to violence is understanding. Through education on all levels it would be possible to leave behind the “bashing people up” attitude.

techno cocaine:
Sorry if I make you feel sick with my opinion, but war doesn't just have to include violence.
Apology accepted. And I gotta say I’m all for any metaphorical non-violenemt war you can think of. But I believe better word choice might be in order, to avoid confusion.

I decide to live the way I do because I care about the one day, when I look into my children or grand children’s eyes, I will tell them in all honesty, I did all I could to make sure their world is a peaceful one. I find it quite unfortunate if I’m the only one with that sentiment, all I can do is share with you my opinions and hope you understand. If not, I can only carry on, in peace. For I am not afraid to keep on living; I am not afraid to walk this world alone.
water-cooler-romance
Killjoy
water-cooler-romance
May 16th, 2008 at 11:33pm
I stated thinging about world peace the other day when i was at school wearing a shirt with a peace sign on it. My friend was saying how in her religion the peace sign is bad or something and i said never mind the picture, isn't world peace a good thing? and she just laughed and thought that that would never happen. Now I think that right now, in this moment it would be hard to accompolish world peace, but i don't think that its impossible (this is my opion i respect everyone elses here) conflict yes but not reacting in violence, i think it could stop.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 16th, 2008 at 11:48pm
^ Thank you. Thank you so much for your opinion and for starting this thread. It pleases me more than I can say that some one else has hope.

I have heard crazy televangelists talk about how the peace sign "is really a sign of the anti-Christ and is a way to fool souls into his army and create the Apocalypse..." cause its apparently a "warped crucifix turned upside down" Oh yeah that TOTALLY makes sense.

Right on, keep talkin bout peace being a good thing, even if people won't listen to you. I'm not sure why, but people don't want to hear about it at first. Believe me I know from experience. Maybe cause it involves actual action and commitment, or actual change. I really don't know what the problem is in trying to live together. But we have to figure it out soon ~ Rex
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 17th, 2008 at 04:32am
KingRex:
Oh my God! Where is all this negativity coming from? I mean with all the positive out look MCR gives us, I would only expect the fans to reflect this in life…
And yes I hear your “Realist” views but you’ve got to see, if you have no hope, there is no hope. In other words, your misery and hate will kill us all haha.

Don't patronise me and make me out to be something I'm not. You have no idea who I am, so don't assume I am a miserable, pessimistic, hateful human being. And you don't need to use realism in inverted commas; it is actually a legitimate theory, just like idealism is.

It's not that I have no hope for the world. I would love it if there were no violence in the world, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. I am looking at it from a logical point of view. I have nothing against your opinion or you. I am simply stating my point of view, and I don't need to you presenting me in a bad light and making me feel bad about myself for disagreeing.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 17th, 2008 at 10:16am
KingRex:

Please understand we are now living through a great cosmic test. The consequences of humanities past actions are catching up to us and change is inevitable, only what kind of change can be decided by what we can accept inside ourselves.

How the world is now is a result of our past and how we choose to live today, triggers the world of tomorrow. The greatest day in human history will be when we can all see that violence is not a solution to our problems. If we want more love in the world, we must show more love to ourselves. And if we want less fear in the world, we must learn to be less afraid. This is how the individual changes the future

Understand this is truly an evolutionary diverge. If we can live in peace we will survive, if not we will parish by our own hand. As in the words of JFK “Mankind must put an end to War, or War will put an end to Mankind.”

Look I really think you’ve got some mixed up ideas. I NEVER will give up my individuality, and a future of the same people is a terrible thought. We don’t have to change so we are no longer different. We have to change so that we can accept we are all different. – There is a great difference.

If we cannot see peace is possible, then peace is impossible. How can we solve a problem if at first we don’t think it can be solved. The more people who change to believe in peace, the closer we are to living in it. The more people who decide not to help, (whether by not supporting the ideology or by using violence) the harder it will be to achieve our goal. If you are one of these people, the reason and any blame for living in a torn and broken world lies with you. I will not be apart of this, I will do all I can to remove myself away form said blame.

And for everyone who might not understand when I say “Believe or live in peace” I do not mean, like the idea. I mean eat, sleep, breath, sing, and scream peace. This quickest way to understanding and finding a sophisticated society

]How can you sit there and think it would be nice to live in peace, and not strive to? Are we really that lazy as a species that we will not act to save our own race? I mean World Peace is of the highest achievement, the greatest goal, and the most worthy thing to strive for. Why are we not able to do so? We will never get anywhere if all we do is sit here and say it’s pointless. I am one who has to try; if it’s all pointless who cares? Is that an excuse to just sit here and let the world fall apart? We will never know how far we can go if we never try. And if we don’t succeed at least we made an effort. And who knows, what if we DO succeed, how great would that be? I wanna know

Peace is only unnatural today because we are still primitive beings who are slaves of fear. If only we could transcend this philosophy and attain a higher existence as a race, peace would become the most natural and important aspect of living. And yet, in such a society there would still be conflict. This is not a problem, and it is human nature. We just need to learn how to deal with it. The solution to violence is understanding. Through education on all levels it would be possible to leave behind the “bashing people up” attitude.

] Apology accepted. And I gotta say I’m all for any metaphorical non-violenemt war you can think of. But I believe better word choice might be in order, to avoid confusion.

I decide to live the way I do because I care about the one day, when I look into my children or grand children’s eyes, I will tell them in all honesty, I did all I could to make sure their world is a peaceful one. I find it quite unfortunate if I’m the only one with that sentiment, all I can do is share with you my opinions and hope you understand. If not, I can only carry on, in peace. For I am not afraid to keep on living; I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Boy Rex youve really lathered on your own special brand of " positive futurism" thick here, ive really grown to love debating stuff like this with you hah. anywhoot on to business.

im really sorry to break it to you but the greatest day in the world is probably never going to come, its just not even possible to even consider it. theres a multitude of reasons why.
its true that what happens in the past will affect what happens tommorow and yes mankind has really screwed up over the last few decades but i really cant see the whole world linking up arms and singing ever, if something bads coming its coming so you better get ready for the worst then ?

in history man has never lived in peace and has show itself to be very sufficient in this so i don't think its going to happen .

by the way JFK quote to emphasis the wrongness of war ? the man practically put is in Vietnam ? i kinda see that ironic hah .

and heroin addiction is really on the money with that whole " having to give up your individuality" to attain world peace. i mean there are different religions different morals and ethics ideas and cultures and logically alot of them clash so i suppose to attain world peace you would have to totally wipe out these different ideals and cultures so there would nothing to quarrel about right ?. how can there be peace if there are clashes of ideals even if theres tolerance you'll have this unwillingness to cooperate between them

i dont think just thinking about peace will ever help, actually its probably the last thing everyday people are thinking about. normal people dont consider this normal people live their day to day nine to five job to get on with life. why would a single mother with two kids stop one day put down her kid and think " wow if world peace came about .." the truth is noone thinks about it who lives in the world which is the daily grind. there are alot more problems closer to home than world peace and for the entire world to focus on it is just not going to happen.
we got people who are living pay check to paycheck barely making it and you think that theres any inkling of a thought in their heads that has to do with world politics and stuff .. no ? they are thinking about what the hell am i going to do for money in the next week. thats the real truth of it. society isn't made of people like you who are working towards a better tomorrow its built up of people who are working their assess off whether it be at a desk or in a factory just to get that couple hundred a week that will keep them from going under till the next paycheck.

realistically you'll never see a day where man lays down his arms and hugs his fellow man. you'll never see that day nor will your grandchildren or their grandchildren. conflict will always exist from a squabble on the street to a full scale war. conflict is constant and there is no stopping it. combat is constant and their is no stopping it. if its not over ideals its over land if its not over land its over money as long as mans got trigger finger and a goal theres always going to be war. no way thats going to stop its just in our nature

and if your going to say that combat is optional. well sometimes combat is necessary .

the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
May 17th, 2008 at 10:28am
KingRex:

Heroin Addiction.:
i don't want to be exactly like the other billions of people in this world, that would be ridiculous. it would be great if we could have world peace but in order to get people to stop being individuals you would have to turn them into some kind of zombie that you can get to think what ever you want them to think.

Heroin Addiction:
the statement, "You've got to understand, the more we say peace isn't possible, the more we make it impossible. "is ridiculous because how is just us going to change how the rest of the world suddenly believes in peace.
people can try for it but when you stand back and look at the situation, it just isn't feasible.

Heroin Addiction:
How can you sit there and think it would be nice to live in peace, and not strive to? Are we really that lazy as a species that we will not act to save our own race? I mean World Peace is of the highest achievement, the greatest goal, and the most worthy thing to strive for. Why are we not able to do so? We will never get anywhere if all we do is sit here and say it’s pointless. I am one who has to try; if it’s all pointless who cares? Is that an excuse to just sit here and let the world fall apart? We will never know how far we can go if we never try. And if we don’t succeed at least we made an effort. And who knows, what if we DO succeed, how great would that be? I wanna know

techno cocaine:
Peace is asking for us all to live in harmony with every single person on this earth, and that seems unnatural to me. As I said before, I strongly believe conflict is a part of human nature. And when I say conflict, I don't mean bashing people up. I mean disagreeing with personal, moral and religious beliefs. And unfortunately, it seems to me that it is also human nature to go into combat with people who threaten us on those grounds.

techno cocaine:
Sorry if I make you feel sick with my opinion, but war doesn't just have to include violence.
Apology accepted. And I gotta say I’m all for any metaphorical non-violenemt war you can think of. But I believe better word choice might be in order, to avoid confusion.

I personally do believe in peace hence what i said above, "I totally think peace would make this world the best..." i personally do believe in peace and i am a peacefull person. but there is no way to make everyone in this world peaceful. impossible.
the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
May 17th, 2008 at 10:28am
KingRex:

Heroin Addiction.:

Heroin Addiction:

Heroin Addiction:

techno cocaine:

techno cocaine:

I personally do believe in peace hence what i said above, "I totally think peace would make this world the best..." i personally do believe in peace and i am a peacefull person. but there is no way to make everyone in this world peaceful. impossible.