Don't have an account? Create one!

World Peace

AuthorMessage
the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
May 17th, 2008 at 10:28am
KingRex:
Oh my God! Where is all this negativity coming from? I mean with all the positive out look MCR gives us, I would only expect the fans to reflect this in life…
And yes I hear your “Realist” views but you’ve got to see, if you have no hope, there is no hope. In other words, your misery and hate will kill us all haha.

Please understand we are now living through a great cosmic test. The consequences of humanities past actions are catching up to us and change is inevitable, only what kind of change can be decided by what we can accept inside ourselves.
Please, please know that:

WE. CREATE. OUR. OWN. FUTURE.

How the world is now is a result of our past and how we choose to live today, triggers the world of tomorrow. The greatest day in human history will be when we can all see that violence is not a solution to our problems. If we want more love in the world, we must show more love to ourselves. And if we want less fear in the world, we must learn to be less afraid. This is how the individual changes the future

Understand this is truly an evolutionary diverge. If we can live in peace we will survive, if not we will parish by our own hand. As in the words of JFK “Mankind must put an end to War, or War will put an end to Mankind.”

Heroin Addiction.:
i don't want to be exactly like the other billions of people in this world, that would be ridiculous. it would be great if we could have world peace but in order to get people to stop being individuals you would have to turn them into some kind of zombie that you can get to think what ever you want them to think.

Look I really think you’ve got some mixed up ideas. I NEVER will give up my individuality, and a future of the same people is a terrible thought. We don’t have to change so we are no longer different. We have to change so that we can accept we are all different. – There is a great difference.

Heroin Addiction:
the statement, "You've got to understand, the more we say peace isn't possible, the more we make it impossible. "is ridiculous because how is just us going to change how the rest of the world suddenly believes in peace.
people can try for it but when you stand back and look at the situation, it just isn't feasible.
If we cannot see peace is possible, then peace is impossible. How can we solve a problem if at first we don’t think it can be solved. The more people who change to believe in peace, the closer we are to living in it. The more people who decide not to help, (whether by not supporting the ideology or by using violence) the harder it will be to achieve our goal. If you are one of these people, the reason and any blame for living in a torn and broken world lies with you. I will not be apart of this, I will do all I can to remove myself away form said blame.

And for everyone who might not understand when I say “Believe or live in peace” I do not mean, like the idea. I mean eat, sleep, breath, sing, and scream peace. This quickest way to understanding and finding a sophisticated society

Heroin Addiction:
I totally think peace would make this world the best...
How can you sit there and think it would be nice to live in peace, and not strive to? Are we really that lazy as a species that we will not act to save our own race? I mean World Peace is of the highest achievement, the greatest goal, and the most worthy thing to strive for. Why are we not able to do so? We will never get anywhere if all we do is sit here and say it’s pointless. I am one who has to try; if it’s all pointless who cares? Is that an excuse to just sit here and let the world fall apart? We will never know how far we can go if we never try. And if we don’t succeed at least we made an effort. And who knows, what if we DO succeed, how great would that be? I wanna know

techno cocaine:
Peace is asking for us all to live in harmony with every single person on this earth, and that seems unnatural to me. As I said before, I strongly believe conflict is a part of human nature. And when I say conflict, I don't mean bashing people up. I mean disagreeing with personal, moral and religious beliefs. And unfortunately, it seems to me that it is also human nature to go into combat with people who threaten us on those grounds.
Peace is only unnatural today because we are still primitive beings who are slaves of fear. If only we could transcend this philosophy and attain a higher existence as a race, peace would become the most natural and important aspect of living. And yet, in such a society there would still be conflict. This is not a problem, and it is human nature. We just need to learn how to deal with it. The solution to violence is understanding. Through education on all levels it would be possible to leave behind the “bashing people up” attitude.

techno cocaine:
Sorry if I make you feel sick with my opinion, but war doesn't just have to include violence.
Apology accepted. And I gotta say I’m all for any metaphorical non-violenemt war you can think of. But I believe better word choice might be in order, to avoid confusion.

I decide to live the way I do because I care about the one day, when I look into my children or grand children’s eyes, I will tell them in all honesty, I did all I could to make sure their world is a peaceful one. I find it quite unfortunate if I’m the only one with that sentiment, all I can do is share with you my opinions and hope you understand. If not, I can only carry on, in peace. For I am not afraid to keep on living; I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

I personally do believe in peace hence what i said above, "I totally think peace would make this world the best..." i personally do believe in peace and i am a peacefull person. but there is no way to make everyone in this world peaceful. and i do STRIVE for peace... please do not tell me what i don't do. because it is clear to me and all the people around me that i would do anything for peace but it just impossible to have complete peace. just not happening any time soon. why don't you visit revoltforteens.page.tl or myspace.com/revoltforteens.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 17th, 2008 at 10:46am
A Lushed Heart.:
i am a peacefull person. but there is no way to make everyone in this world peaceful.

I completely agree with this statement [even though I know it's not your full sentence]. It rings true for me. I am more peaceful than hateful, despite what some people may gather from my beliefs.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 17th, 2008 at 02:27pm
techno cocaine:
Don't patronize me and make me out to be something I'm not. You have no idea who I am, so don't assume I am a miserable, pessimistic, hateful human being. And you don't need to use realism in inverted commas; it is actually a legitimate theory, just like idealism is.
I am looking at it from a logical point of view. I have nothing against your opinion or you. I am simply stating my point of view, and I don't need to you presenting me in a bad light and making me feel bad about myself for disagreeing.

I understand. I’m sorry I did not mean to patronize you and I did not assume I know who you are, that would be a terrible mistake. Yes, I am also a where of realism, but I think there is a limit before it is just a downward spiral of negativity. Here is my sense of realism: The World is fucked, we’ve fucked it over in the past and it’s fucked right now. Because of this, it will be fucked tomorrow. The only way we can stop it to be fucked for all eternity is if we make a change today, even if it doesn’t work right away, and stick with it.
Thank you for expressing your opinion. By expressing my own I may have presented you in a bad light. I apologize; I only wanted you to understand how I see your opinion fitting in. I don’t believe it is helping the situation. While I respect you as a person, I’m hesitant to say I respect your current stand.
techno cocaine:
It's not that I have no hope for the world. I would love it if there were no violence in the world, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

That’s wonderful, keep it inside of you and don’t lose it. It means something. I am quite the logical person, but I refuse to remain logical if it means deciding we are lost. I cannot sit here and accept a future full of pain and suffering without trying to do something.
Migatron:
im really sorry to break it to you but the greatest day in the world is probably never going to come, it’s just not even possible to even consider it. theres a multitude of reasons why.
That’s alright, I know my words are the definition of illogical, but I don’t care. “Do or die, You’ll never make me. Because the world will never take my heart, go and try; you’ll never break me” Truer words have never been spoken
Migatron:
its true that what happens in the past will affect what happens tomorrow and yes mankind has really screwed up over the last few decades but i really cant see the whole world linking up arms and singing ever

realistically you'll never see a day where man lays down his arms and hugs his fellow man. you'll never see that day nor will your grandchildren or their grandchildren. conflict will always exist from a squabble on the street to a full scale war. conflict is constant and there is no stopping it. combat is constant and their is no stopping it. if its not over ideals its over land if its not over land its over money as long as mans got trigger finger and a goal theres always going to be war. no way that’s going to stop it’s just in our nature

That’s to bad dude, I feel sorry for you. You are living in a world I would not be able to. My hope (however illogical it seams) keeps me alive, otherwise what’s the point?
Violence is only our nature as long as we choose it to be. We are intelligent beings and can decide not to be violent.
Migatron:
in history man has never lived in peace and has show itself to be very sufficient in this so i don't think its going to happen.
This is because we continue to try and reach peace through violence which will never work. If you look at history you must see that war is obsolete because it doesn’t solve anything. It doesn’t decide who is right, only who is left.
Migatron:
by the way JFK quote to emphasis the wrongness of war ? the man practically put is in Vietnam ? i kinda see that ironic hah .
Yeah I know, it is a bit ironic. Any quote can be beaten to death in terms of context, can’t you just listen to the words and see they mean something?
Migatron:
the truth is noone thinks about it who lives in the world which is the daily grind. there are allot more problems closer to home than world peace and for the entire world to focus on it is just not going to happen.

Yes the world has countless problems, many need to be solved first before larger ones can be tackled. This only amplifies the urgency of the matter. (There is a whole other discussion going on here, I’d rather not go into detail at the moment)
Migatron:
and if your going to say that combat is optional. well sometimes combat is necessary.
If we are able to learn from the past, and catch our mistakes before we have another world war, I cannot see a time where violence is necessary in our future.
techno cocaine:
I completely agree with this statement [even though I know it's not your full sentence]. It rings true for me. I am more peaceful than hateful, despite what some people may gather from my beliefs

A Lushed Heart:
I personally do believe in peace hence what i said above, "I totally think peace would make this world the best..." i personally do believe in peace and i am a peaceful person. but there is no way to make everyone in this world peaceful. impossible.
Great, keep believing. I think the biggest problem here is knowing you all make a difference. I never said, we have to make people believe in peace. Through education, logic (in context) and knowledge I can only hope people can decide for themselves. What we need the most is to spread understanding with enthusiasm because nothing is more as contagious as enthusiasm and nothing is need more as understanding.

To Everyone, This is all I hope for: Live your life the way you want to. Be happy. Understand all your actions have consequences. Accept the world is full of differences. And please, please, try not to hurt anyone.

Imagine the world where people hold this in their hearts!
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 17th, 2008 at 09:32pm
eh thats not realism thats just being downright negative.

mcr lyrics have no weighting with me what so ever so sorry no home run there. and plus i really dislike that album.

who the hell do you think you are for saying you feel sorry for me just because i have a real view on the issue you asume that your superior because you have this faux enlightened view on things but really it just seems your really ignorant about the little problems that plague normal people.if i was single parent who was living in a socio-economically disadvantaged lifestyle why the hell would i care if the human race is going under if i cant even pay my rent or feed my kid ?

but not everyone will take your message of world tolerance, arabs will always dislike jews its just deepeded in them and other things. i mean just because the lynchings and stuff have stopped with the african americans in your country doesnt mean that stops white people hating on them.

and sometimes you need to fight to keep what you got.
your american . if your grandfathers had the same pacivist ideal your preaching youd all be speaking japanese and german.
war at times is necissary in protecting the ideals that you live for.
if not whats to stop another person with other ideals trampling all over them ?

believe me when i say humanity cannot avoid conflict.

btw you just contraditcted yourself
you said we were primative but yet now your calling humanity intelligent.

Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 17th, 2008 at 11:00pm
Rex; I think it is really refreshing to see someone like you with such hope for the world. I would think the way you do if I could, but I just can't. I wish I had a more positive view of the world, but I don't. Thankyou for apologising, and I must also apologise for partly misconstruing what you were trying to put across.

I just wanted to correct you though on the realism thing: realism does not necessarily translate into "the world is f**ked". Realism, put simply, is a theory that pertains to a realistic view of the world. If it's a negative outlook; then so be it. It depends on the individual.
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 17th, 2008 at 11:33pm
KingRex:
^^^ HEY EVERYONE UP THERE!
You've got to understand, the more we say peace isn't possible, the more we make it impossible. The only reason such a statement as shown above isn't true is because people decide it isn't. If you have already decided inside yourself that you wish war to be over, GREAT! Keep it that way, don't lose track of the thought because you think it doesn't matter. Never forget how much power we each hold, remember; We all have the power to change the world; we do it when we change ourselves. If you want to live in peace, BE PEACEFUL, we will be one step closer, its that easy. And just to clarify, this does not mean wasting your weekend at a peace rally or blowing a weeks pay on charity (if you want to great) it just means striving to livie your life without violence or fear. I've been doing it for years and I love it! - I'm less afraid, a lot happier and try to spread my happiness on to others. A difficult and hard life I know ~ Rex

hmmm i think this would be possible if war was just about war. but its not. while i personlly think war is strictly about violence, there is certain amount of tradition, honor, and bravery and mixed into war and the military. these ideas are part of the military and make it possible for movies like black hawk down and saving private ryan to display these. i think this is why will never get rid of our militaries
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 18th, 2008 at 03:00am
Migatron:
eh that’s not realism that’s just being downright negative.

Now you’re just being redundant. I’m pretty sure the sentence works no matter the order of the words. Course it’s just a matter of context

Migatron:
mcr lyrics have no weighting with me what so ever so sorry no home run there. and plus i really dislike that album.
Dually noted, I still think it has weight for everyone else in this discussion though…

Migatron:
who the hell do you think you are for saying you feel sorry for me just because i have a real view on the issue you assume that your superior because you have this faux enlightened view on things but really it just seems your really ignorant about the little problems that plague normal people.
(decorates with longest run on sentence medal)
I think I’m Rex. Are you really that offended by my honest sincere feelings of sympathy I feel for you? Whether or not you think they are warranted I still feel the way I do. I simply cannot imagine walking in your shoes. If I lived in your world I think I’d be the most depressed kid on the planet. I applaud your spirit’s strength but all the while I feel compassion for what it must go through on a daily basis. This is nothing to be ashamed or upset about. I care about people. Period.

I do not feel superior. But this is a very complex matter. I love debating, my friends and I carry on long conflicting conversations on all topics (religion, evolution, political matters) but the topic of World Peace is a special one. It is the matter above all matters. It is the idea of whether or not we will be around long enough to continue on our regular discussions. I have very strong feelings hoping that you and I can continue to debate other topics for the rest of our lives, if we so choose. I find it a bit ironic that we (as individuals and as a race) can find conflict in the matter of peace, it just seams so simple to me. Give me all your realism and your statistics. Say theres a billion to one chance peace is possible. Is the idea of attaining heaven on earth not worthy of our energy and commitment? (Note: I’m really asking, not patronizing)

Migatron:
if i was single parent who was living in a socio-economically disadvantaged lifestyle why the hell would i care if the human race is going under if i can’t even pay my rent or feed my kid ?
I know, the problem is so large it can seam insurmountable. The same thing can be said about so many other atrocities in the world (drug trade, poaching, deforestation etc.) They really are all connected,. IF people could see life through the lives of others, understanding would flourish, fear would die, love would grow and peace would in turn bloom. I wish people could show more compassion, but how can they when things are so shitty? That is where I come in, I will get the ball rolling. If someone is needed to be kind to complete strangers to show them there is still goodness and purpose in this world. Then that is who I will be, by my own choice. It is who I will be. I have nothing against you if you choose other wise, but please understand where I’m coming from.

Migatron:
and sometimes you need to fight to keep what you got.
you’re American . if your grandfathers had the same pacifist ideal you’re preaching you’d all be speaking Japanese and German.

Do you really need me to answer this again? I have done it several times in the past, and have yet to hear any response form you, just the same statement. We. Must. Learn. From. The. Past. The most beautiful thing about history is we can see our mistakes and our triumphs and create a better world. Can you not see where I’m coming from when I constantly say violence is not the answer because it always leads to more violence? And that now, when a world war is no longer barring down apon us, we can see this and decide to end the down-ward spiral of destruction?

Migatron:
war at times is necessary in protecting the ideals that you live for.

In your definition, you and I are at War right now. And I must say I do not appose our discussion.

Migatron:
believe me when i say humanity cannot avoid conflict.

Honestly, how many times must I express conflict and combat are two completely different things? I am not and never will be against conflict, which is not what I’m speaking of so please stop using the word.

Migatron:
btw you just contradicted yourself
you said we were primitive but yet now you’re calling humanity intelligent.

I don’t believe I did, but I understand how you came to that conclusion. Let me clarify: we are physically posses’ intelligence, yet we are primitive because we do not know how to comprehend or use it.

Look Migatron, what do you want to do with your life, what do you hope to leave behind? (I’m curious to know) You seam to be into politics which is cool, we need people interested in that shit cause I can only learn so much before I OD on all the details. It’s great if you want to help humanity. But I think the biggest thing at hand is making sure there will be a humanity to help.

techno cocaine:
Rex; I think it is really refreshing to see someone like you with such hope for the world. I would think the way you do if I could, but I just can't. I wish I had a more positive view of the world, but I don't. Thankyou for apologizing, and I must also apologize for partly misconstruing what you were trying to put across.

You are most welcome, I’m glad I could uplift you’re spirit a bit. I understand, it is hard. Living in peace can take everything you’ve got. Don’t worry if you don’t think you are able to now. The more you truly want to (if you do) the easier it will come. I know from experience.

techno cocaine:
Realism, put simply, is a theory that pertains to a realistic view of the world. If it's a negative outlook; then so be it. It depends on the individual.
I hear you, logic can be our friend, but it can also suffocate us. Realism is useful to gain insight but I think eventually there comes a time when you just start sounding like Caption Negativity and his side-kick Boy Obvious.

Yes;Indeed;True:
there is certain amount of tradition, honor, and bravery and mixed into war and the military. these ideas are part of the military and make it possible for movies like black hawk down and saving private Ryan to display these. i think this is why will never get rid of our militaries

Yes there is a certain nostalgia that war has on the silver screen. If only people could value the bravery it takes to stand up against the institution and proclaim a different path. This to could only be a product of a new and worldly understanding. I hope such tradition and honor can be found in the way of non-violence, it would really transcend to a higher meaning. For as John Greenleaf Whittier once said “Peace hath higher test of manhood than battle ever knew.”
Chantal
Bleeding on the Floor
Chantal
May 18th, 2008 at 11:02am
KingRex:

Yes there is a certain nostalgia that war has on the silver screen. If only people could value the bravery it takes to stand up against the institution and proclaim a different path. This to could only be a product of a new and worldly understanding. I hope such tradition and honor can be found in the way of non-violence, it would really transcend to a higher meaning. For as John Greenleaf Whittier once said “Peace hath higher test of manhood than battle ever knew.”

aw yes its a goal to hope for. its just going to take reversing the thinking of a lot of people-espcially when it comes to such ideas such as patriotism and that general thing
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 18th, 2008 at 11:27am
KingRex:

(decorates with longest run on sentence medal)
I think I’m Rex. Are you really that offended by my honest sincere feelings of sympathy I feel for you? Whether or not you think they are warranted I still feel the way I do. I simply cannot imagine walking in your shoes. If I lived in your world I think I’d be the most depressed kid on the planet. I applaud your spirit’s strength but all the while I feel compassion for what it must go through on a daily basis. This is nothing to be ashamed or upset about. I care about people. Period.

I do not feel superior. But this is a very complex matter. I love debating, my friends and I carry on long conflicting conversations on all topics (religion, evolution, political matters) but the topic of World Peace is a special one. It is the matter above all matters. It is the idea of whether or not we will be around long enough to continue on our regular discussions. I have very strong feelings hoping that you and I can continue to debate other topics for the rest of our lives, if we so choose. I find it a bit ironic that we (as individuals and as a race) can find conflict in the matter of peace, it just seams so simple to me. Give me all your realism and your statistics. Say theres a billion to one chance peace is possible. Is the idea of attaining heaven on earth not worthy of our energy and commitment? (Note: I’m really asking, not patronizing)
I know, the problem is so large it can seam insurmountable. The same thing can be said about so many other atrocities in the world (drug trade, poaching, deforestation etc.) They really are all connected,. IF people could see life through the lives of others, understanding would flourish, fear would die, love would grow and peace would in turn bloom. I wish people could show more compassion, but how can they when things are so shitty? That is where I come in, I will get the ball rolling. If someone is needed to be kind to complete strangers to show them there is still goodness and purpose in this world. Then that is who I will be, by my own choice. It is who I will be. I have nothing against you if you choose other wise, but please understand where I’m coming from.

Do you really need me to answer this again? I have done it several times in the past, and have yet to hear any response form you, just the same statement. We. Must. Learn. From. The. Past. The most beautiful thing about history is we can see our mistakes and our triumphs and create a better world. Can you not see where I’m coming from when I constantly say violence is not the answer because it always leads to more violence? And that now, when a world war is no longer barring down apon us, we can see this and decide to end the down-ward spiral of destruction?

Migatron:
war at times is necessary in protecting the ideals that you live for.

In your definition, you and I are at War right now. And I must say I do not appose our discussion.

Honestly, how many times must I express conflict and combat are two completely different things? I am not and never will be against conflict, which is not what I’m speaking of so please stop using the word.

Look Migatron, what do you want to do with your life, what do you hope to leave behind? (I’m curious to know) You seam to be into politics which is cool, we need people interested in that shit cause I can only learn so much before I OD on all the details. It’s great if you want to help humanity. But I think the biggest thing at hand is making sure there will be a humanity to help.

no im offended that just because that you have this propeace world view you honestly think im a scumbag for thinking realistically and taking in everything and understanding that logically there is no such thing as peace.
its just an idea that frankly will never happen, not because im a sad guts but because its illogical for it to occur.

my commitments dont lie with world peace they lie with real problems, great you can talk about this better society all you want but have you really lived in the shallow muck which is reality ? cos frankly from the looks of things you dont seem to have seen the real problems that normal people face.
tell me have you ever eaten three month expired soup out of a can so youd have something to eat just for that one night ? well im sure you havn't but for alot of people and me once this was a reality and world peace isnt on the minds of people like this and if its not why would humanity bother.

fine you get world peace thats not gonna stop the hunger.
fine you get world peace thats not going to stop the increasing poverty
the world is a gritty gritty dirty place full of baad people that im not sure youve met.

the only people that have time to consider world peace are the people who are too high up to notice the problems that lower society have to suffer.

fine im gonna go ahead and say it COMBAT is Constant. there will always be an agressor if it was japan sixty or so years ago itl be a terrorist organisation. and they wont just have a conflict of words like you or i but there gonna shoot the crap out of each other. and can you notice the similarity between the japs and the terrorist ? Conflicting ideals and culture ! . now sit down for this one im sure you are but just to be sure, this may come as a shock to you but there are other cultures out there and they all have different ideas about how life should be lived and whats right and wrong.

and you know for the record ide proudly go off and fight if i was asked to fight for this country. no doubt about that, but that doesnt make me an advocate against peace it just makes me someone who loves the ideals that this country stands for.

and for the record. im going into law to go work for the office of legal aid to provide legal help for the impoverished in the western suburbs of sydney. the real problems arnt with global politics their with normal people.

Tallulah
Admin
Tallulah
May 18th, 2008 at 11:49am
Migatron,
for what its worth, i agree with you.

World Peace is an ideal, that will never happen.

I am in general a pacifist and don't agree with war, however, I do agree with the actions of the UN in general and the need for defending your country. I campaign on behalf of Amnesty International and strongly defend the human rights of all people. But within Amnesty we are all more than aware that the ideal of world peace will never happen, we just have to try our best to make this world the best it can be for everyone.

Someone somewhere will always be fighting, there will always be dicators and there will always be conflict and combat. If a dictator gets overthrown there will be another dictator in another country with just as many evil and unjust ways. For every Robert Mugabe, there are ten others on his heels.

That's life, as grim and unpleasant as it is, thats the way it goes.
Golden Cat
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Golden Cat
May 18th, 2008 at 03:10pm
I don't think it's possible. I mean, everyone is going to have a problem with someone else no matter what.
For example, starving people in Africa killing animals so they won't die would make Vegetarians angry, Vegetarians getting angry would annoy meat-eating individuals, and it would all go around in a circle of bitterness.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 18th, 2008 at 11:09pm
Migatron:
no im offended that just because that you have this propeace world view you honestly think im a scumbag for thinking realistically and taking in everything and understanding that logically there is no such thing as peace.
It’s just an idea that frankly will never happen, not because im a sad guts but because it’s illogical for it to occur.
My friend, when have I ever come off as disrespectful or discourteous? The only way I can see you reaching such a conclusion is because if our roles were reversed, you would think what you a have expressed about me. But this is not the case. I love learning about others point of view and am usually very objective. But as I said earlier, this is a special matter. I’m sorry if my opinions seam patronizing. I do not think I’m any better then you. But I simply don’t think your helping the situation at hand, because it seams you don’t feel there is a situation at hand. Today there might not be peace, but that does not mean it always has to be that way. It is something we control. The problem is so many don’t understand this, people think fear and violence are entities that will forever surround humanity.

Migatron:
my commitments don’t lie with world peace they lie with real problems, great you can talk about this better society all you want but have you really lived in the shallow muck which is reality ? cos frankly from the looks of things you don’t seem to have seen the real problems that normal people face.
tell me have you ever eaten three month expired soup out of a can so you’d have something to eat just for that one night ? well im sure you haven’t but for alto of people and me once this was a reality and world peace isn’t on the minds of people like this and if its not why would humanity bother.
Haha, real problems. Yes I understand there are urgent matters at hand. But what is the point of solving those if were all gonna be fighting a continuous war for all eternity (with a few resting decades) and continue to rape the planet before it all falls apart. Yes I live on earth. It isn’t easy, but I just try to take all the atrocities in stride and continue to stay positive, for the sake of being positive.
Woah woah woah, don’t be so quick to judge man! Yes I am fortunate to say I have always had food at hand, but we all go through hardships in life. I am no different. Course (correct me if I am wrong) we both have access to a computer now so I can only assume neither of us have lived through anything that cataclysmic.

Migatron:
the only people that have time to consider world peace are the people who are too high up to notice the problems that lower society have to suffer

So Ghandi was some upright rich stiff?
Yes I understand where you are coming from, you cannot think of the bigger picture if you are dieing…I believe the intellectuals who have the time and will to consider world peace are/were the pioneers to a new era of civilization.

Migatron:
Conflicting ideals and culture ! . now sit down for this one im sure you are but just to be sure, this may come as a shock to you but there are other cultures out there and they all have different ideas about how life should be lived and whats right and wrong.
Yes, I’m quite aware, this is one of the beautiful things of humanity. One of the horrible is that we cannot embrace our differences. But through education and simple logic it would be possible to end such fear of difference and brainwashing of right and wrong. People can believe what they want, but I hope they will soon see that “Right and Wrong” mean nothing when talking with another. Right and Wrong is also one of the greatest evils because it causes great worry to be “right” and not “wrong” in the mind of the individual.

Migatron:
and you know for the record idea proudly go off and fight if i was asked to fight for this country. no doubt about that, but that doesn’t make me an advocate against peace it just makes me someone who loves the ideals that this country stands for.

I’m glad you can decide this for yourself. My decision would be a different one.

Migatron:
and for the record. im going into law to go work for the office of legal aid to provide legal help for the impoverished in the western suburbs of Sydney. the real problems arnt with global politics their with normal people.

That’s great, you see (this ties into above discussion as well) I respect your decision to value the common man on a more intimate level. This is wonderful, we need people working one to one with those who need help (in this case legal.) But understand there is a bigger situation to be dealt with, and my decision to work at the global includes your decision to work on the public. It is all connected and I can only hope such people as ourselves can work together for the betterment and survival of humanity. This is impossible if you can not see the bigger picture. You speak often of the problems of society. But please try and see through peace, we can reach a diplomatic and better world in all aspects. In other words, there is no way to peace, peace is the way. It is the most finite solution to all our problems.

Tallulah; Schechter:
Someone somewhere will always be fighting, there will always be dictators and there will always be conflict and combat. If a dictator gets overthrown there will be another dictator in another country with just as many evil and unjust ways. For every Robert Mugabe, there are ten others on his heels.

IF nothing ever changes and we continue on as we always have, then yes I agree with you. And thus humanity would be lost to a horrible fate. Only if people decide to change will such a future be averted. Obviously we cannot see this in history for it has yet to happen which is why we are still sitting in this shithole of a world. Either it will all get to be too much and we will become extinct or we will realize our impending end before it’s too late. I see no other general outcome. Guess which one I’m working for

Golden Cat:
and it would all go around in a circle of bitterness.

Through bitterness does not necessarily mean violence, but I see where you are going with this. This ties in with Migatron and the “smaller urgent problems first” but through solving the smaller problems and creating more understanding and compassion in the world, we would be far closer to peace then we ever were before.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 19th, 2008 at 12:37am

tallulah shecter is totally right about mugabe, definatly youll people like that people who have ambition and so on. whats your answer to that ? what are you going to do about a person who is hostile and is violating human rights ?
obviously talking to him wont work.
sanction arnt going to work cos obviosly he doesnt care about the people he is incharge of ? theres only one choice and that is reasonable force.

okae now picture a tyranical leader of a nation a very hostile nation and hes got his hands on a long range nuclear weapon. and hes threatening to blow the crap out of your country, as a leader of a country what choice do you ahve but to match his threat ?.

and if you thikn that we can learn from history to show that combat and violence is wrong well you tell that to robert mugabe you tell that to warloards that run somalia your universal message of world peace doesnt apply when humanity has ambition that isnt communal.

Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 19th, 2008 at 09:44pm
Oh Migatron, I will show you my sense of understanding for I will answer your questions even though you have not answered mine. I only hope it is because you are painfully to busy and not that you are unable to respond once I have made a point.

Migatron:
tallulah shecter is totally right about mugabe, definatly youll people like that people who have ambition and so on. whats your answer to that ? what are you going to do about a person who is hostile and is violating human rights ?
obviously talking to him wont work.
sanction arnt going to work cos obviosly he doesnt care about the people he is incharge of ? theres only one choice and that is reasonable force.

I hope that our nations can understand the problem better and try harder to work diplomatically with such dictators if possible. Its to bad there's no oil in the Sudan other wise America would have "saved" them a long time ago. I also think the public on a global view should be more knowledgeable on such atrocities especially in the US where everyone is Christian but nobody really cares about world affairs so long as it doesn't affect them. To end such a rule in other countries, brain-washing would have to end and people would have to be honest with each other. Yes this is allot to ask for today and yes I know in this case it may not come true, but it is my answer.

Migatron:
okae now picture a tyranical leader of a nation a very hostile nation and hes got his hands on a long range nuclear weapon. and hes threatening to blow the crap out of your country, as a leader of a country what choice do you ahve but to match his threat ?
As a leader of such a country (which is a position I never hope to poses) I would ask the opposing leader if he loves the children of his country. And if he knows that through the impending nature of his actions he would be dooming humanity to a lower civilization and causing fear and hate to spread, regardless of my reaction. I would also ask him if he knows its impossible to win a nuclear war and understands that we can only both die in such a circumstance and only both live and solve our differences through peace. I would most graciously ask him to reassess the reasons for his actions and ask him if to consider any other alternatives. I would make it clear that I would be willing to try and understand his point of view and explain my own to him so we may be more knowledgeable and know the real differences we own and the problems there in. And let it be understand that solutions must be found so both our cultures can continue to exist.

Migatron:
and if you thikn that we can learn from history to show that combat and violence is wrong well you tell that to robert mugabe you tell that to warloards that run somalia your universal message of world peace doesnt apply when humanity has ambition that isnt communal.
That is a rather good idea, couse in the situation I'd prefer to be behind plate glass. I would be very interested to have a discussion with such people involving logic, the state of the world and their out look on life. As well as a psychoanalysis of their mental state.

Migatron:
and you know for the record ide proudly go off and fight if i was asked to fight for this country. no doubt about that, but that doesnt make me an advocate against peace it just makes me someone who loves the ideals that this country stands for.
I forgot to ask you before...Why would it be so easy for you to pick up arms and fight for your country when the situation calls for it, but you are so hesitent to risk anything of value, much less your life in the name of peace when the situation calls for it? Remember "the more we sweat in peace the less we bleed in war" ~Vijaya Lakshmi Pandit
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 20th, 2008 at 04:23am

Robert mugabe would probably have your head on a platter right after you give him the old Ghandi treatment. the point i was trying to make is that diplomacy doesnt work with people like that and its proven so the only way is combat.

i mean your idea about talking to him is all peachy and so on, but in pratice it just wouldnt roll that way. hed probably ignore your peace offer and resume the threats. like i said human ambition overides logic if he had the means to get what he or she wants why wouldnt he use them.. because he knows society will be reduced to rubble ? no he wouldnt care about that think about it hes already threating to blow you to bits its obvious he has no plans to think about the aftermath, and now your forced to fight.

sometimes you have to go out and fight for peace Rex. Most liberties that we enjoy in this world like peace democracy or just the basic freedom of being who you are, you got to go out there and take it with a knife. America would have never become a nation without the revolutionary war, Hitler would still be killing Jewish people if we didn't invade Europe. if histories taught us anything its that yeah war is a load of crap, but without it things would never get done, even the united nations that enforce human rights and is at least one step towards your whole " world unity" idea was forged as a result of the second world war, Israel as a country became a reality in part because of world war two. so you could almost say that war is a catalyst for progress hell even technology is progressed by war we wouldn't have jet engines in abundance or little things like Gps.

freak_boi
Killjoy
freak_boi
May 20th, 2008 at 06:19am
I personally, dont think its possible.
Its human nature to be agressive and what not.
Because we'll always find something to fight over.
Weather its petty or serious.
Always will be something.
So unless the human race stops comunicating.
Highy doubt it ><
poopiepeople
Fabulous Killjoy
poopiepeople
May 20th, 2008 at 06:37pm
In the history of the world there has only been a total of four years of world peace, and this was around the 1400's i think. Surprising, so if they can do it then, why not now? Especially when people these days are so much liberal?
poopiepeople
Fabulous Killjoy
poopiepeople
May 20th, 2008 at 06:37pm
delete. Double post.

Thanks.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 21st, 2008 at 12:15am
Oh God, this discussion is getting to be a health hazard for me; I’m dead tried and have a full day a head of me tomorrow. I should be asleep, but being here is really more important to me lol.

Migatron:
Robert mugabe would probably have your head on a platter right after you give him the old Ghandi treatment. the point i was trying to make is that diplomacy doesnt work with people like that and its proven so the only way is combat.

Yes I’m aware, hence the desire for plate glass. I don’t mean that all I would say is “Peace is the way dude” and he’d change. I’d want to have as long as a discussion as possible and try to learn whatever I could. Yes there is a correlation between the failure of diplomacy and those who are insane, but I believe we must be very careful making such statements. I believe at the root of the problem is that today violence is the easier solution, and its accepted to just say “peace won’t work at all in any way in this situation.”

Migatron:
i mean your idea about talking to him is all peachy and so on, but in practice it just wouldn’t roll that way. hed probably ignore your peace offer and resume the threats. like i said human ambition overides logic if he had the means to get what he or she wants why wouldnt he use them.. because he knows society will be reduced to rubble ? no he wouldnt care about that think about it hes already threating to blow you to bits its obvious he has no plans to think about the aftermath, and now your forced to fight.

Woah, you are getting really into thick speculation here and trying to explain an individual’s mentality. I could try and say its POSSIBLE that what I was saying would change his views. But what’s the point in arguing that? It seams that your trying to rope me into a situation where I’d be forced to say violence is the end all to be all answer, and because of my principles I believe you will never find the what you’re looking for.

Migatron:
sometimes you have to go out and fight for peace Rex. Most liberties that we enjoy in this world like peace democracy or just the basic freedom of being who you are, you got to go out there and take it with a knife. America would have never become a nation without the revolutionary war, Hitler would still be killing Jewish people if we didn't invade Europe. if histories taught us anything its that yeah war is a load of crap, but without it things would never get done, even the united nations that enforce human rights and is at least one step towards your whole " world unity" idea was forged as a result of the second world war, Israel as a country became a reality in part because of world war two. so you could almost say that war is a catalyst for progress hell even technology is progressed by war we wouldn't have jet engines in abundance or little things like Gps.
“Fighting for peace” HA! I love oxymorons too. That’s like Fucking in the name of virginity; you are destroying what you hope to preserve. Now I have said this before, I don’t mind repeating myself now, but I hope it won’t carry on any further: The past is the past. We cannot change it, but we can learn it, understand it and gain from it. Yes throughout history, War has caused great change, but you will never get me to believe that something achieved through War could not have been better achieved without it. Our past is primitive and our accomplishments are a reflection of that. Imagine a diplomatic world with out the pain, sorrow, destruction, rubble, debt, and fear that War causes. See that though peace, there is always time to understand, know, love, cherish, and communicate. The achievements of humanity would forever out shadow those of our past if we could learn to live together as the one race that we are.

Wow, no response about not responding. Dude that’s pretty poetic.

freak_boi:
I personally, dont think its possible.
Its human nature to be agressive and what not.
Because we'll always find something to fight over.
Weather its petty or serious.
Always will be something.
So unless the human race stops comunicating.
Highy doubt it ><

Jez, people really don’t have an understanding for change. As I have said before; Yes, if humanity were to continue on its deplorable existence though violence, then I would agree with you. It is only human nature to be aggressive today, our nature is always open to change if we ever choose to do so. My reasoning for impending change is simple evolution; Adapt or die. And that pretty much sums up the choice we have to make for ourselves.

poopiepeople:
In the history of the world there has only been a total of four years of world peace, and this was around the 1400's i think. Surprising, so if they can do it then, why not now? Especially when people these days are so much liberal?
Alight a positive attitude! Interesting factoid, where’d you learn this? Would love to hear more if you’ve got anything else to say.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 21st, 2008 at 01:49am

But the point is that without war there would have been no progress and in the future there would be no progress at all either. the thing you think is that war goes nowhere but what you see as the past as being the past is obvious proof that without war things would never occur.
thats what history is telling us, diplomacy can only go so far and i thikn you fail to see that because your not taking into account the human factor.
i am, people dont buckle juts because you preach peace.
and no in my oppinion without war without the raw conflict and combat humanity can never realise the importance for things like the united nations. do you thikn the world would have become what it was today without war. no ? america would to some degree still be an isolationist nation who chose to keep out of other natiosn affairs and would not be the superpower it is today.

im not saying that we cant learn from our mistakes im saying that world peace is not logical seeing as that conflict is what drives us to progress, not diplomacy.

and i forgot to answer your question about responding to the call of duty. if i was ever asked into service to fight in a war for my country i would happily take the call. this is because i feel as a citizen of this nation i must protect the ideals and liberties that i enjoy. now wouldnt you ?. i know your gonna throw the old "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori" saying to me but to me its not about the violence its about standing up and protecting what you enjoy even if it means laying down your life or taking someone elses just to make sure home is safe and home is what it always will be. wouldnt you take up arms to enjoy the freedoms you have today ? you seem to be preoccupied with changing the world how can you change if your facing an agressive military force that seeks to invade you ?

no matter the situation fighting is a necessity for peace. and what you fail to see under your Green Day powered pro peace anti bush anti war mentality is the true nature of things that war im sad to say is one of the most integral part of humanities progress.

Hitler didnt listen when he was told not to invade czechoslovakia even after he was given pockets of land to appease him. so this piece of history shows that war is in place not just for the sake of making fear but for the greater good. yeah look at it that way the greater good.

Your views are like tops great you believe in world peace there should be more people like you but i think your problem is you dont factor the logical in your theory. have you sat and thought about the probabilities no really have you looked at all the major players on teh world stage and thought okay what do they have in common .. great now what do they all want great and what do they all beleive in . now take a look at all the hostile countries that are at arms with the western militaries and then think how after four years of hostile fighitng is that going to stop with some guy from the united nations saying " peace is the answer" theyre more likely to hold him for ransom and behead him. you know why cos what you dont understand is that HUMAN AMBITION OVERRIDES EVERYTHING. especially for people of power. the United states is looking out for everyone its looking out for itself. and that kind of selfishness isnt going to go away in a large scale ever because its part of human nature

okay so to break it up.

AMBITION = HUMAN NATURE = HERE FOREVER.

i just dont think your looking at things logically i think your looking at things from a hypothetical ideal that wont be reached. consider the human agent when thinking of things like this dont just consider because its a good idea it can happen cos you think it can happen .

and in future try not to use profanity. it makes you look less intelligent