Don't have an account? Create one!

World Peace

AuthorMessage
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 21st, 2008 at 04:47pm
Migatron:
But the point is that without war there would have been no progress and in the future there would be no progress at all either.
Do you honestly believe this? I still think you are rather intelligent, but this statement can only be derived from confusion and ignorance. War is destruction on the simplest level. No good will ever come of war that could have not been better with out it. Do you on a personal level really support war and violence for the sake of progress? This sounds extremely cruel to me. Are the millions of lives that humanity has taken from itself worth where we are now? Have we really progressed at all if we have never learned there is only one race: the human race?

Migatron:
]it’s about standing up and protecting what you enjoy even if it means laying down your life or taking someone else’s just to make sure home is safe and home is what it always will be. wouldn’t you take up arms to enjoy the freedoms you have today ? you seem to be preoccupied with changing the world how can you change if your facing an aggressive military force that seeks to invade you ?
I’m all for standing up for what you believe in, but would never do so in the spirit of violence. Why is it so easy for people to pick up a gun, gather some followers and invade a country with out half an inklings notice. Than sit and think about a better, more realistic way that involves peace.
As nothing, when you honestly think about it, makes more sense than living in peace; You receive all the fruits of war, and then some, without any of the atrocities.

Migatron:
Hitler didnt listen when he was told not to invade czechoslovakia even after he was given pockets of land to appease him. so this piece of history shows that war is in place not just for the sake of making fear but for the greater good. yeah look at it that way the greater good.

Hitler was insane, and his rule was only brought about by the depression in Germany which was a product of WWI. You see it is all a downward spiral, violence breeds violence. What really scares me is that you can understand this but you don’t seam to think it’s a problem. What more could we ever hope for then the ending of violence? You get down on me a lot for illogically hoping for peace. But is hoping really so bad. I am not waiting for the Jesus to rise again or the aliens to return or for the final judgment were everyone but I will be punished for their sins. I am hoping for humans to actually be human towards one another. Is that not a wonderful thought? It is becoming ever more present to me that you are for some reason against peace. And this does not make any logical sense what so ever. Is this really true, or do you just not like that I hold a different view than yours, and it actually rings true when you think about it. Is it that it’s too much for you to imagine how wonderful the world could be because you don’t want to be disappointed if it doesn’t work out? I really don’t know, I think these are some things you need to figure out for yourself.

Migatron:
I just don’t think your looking at things logically I think your looking at things from a hypothetical ideal that wont be reached. consider the human agent when thinking of things like this don’t just consider because it’s a good idea it can happen cos you think it can happen .
What could me more illogical then War? I do not mean if an army is marching on you and you decide to react. I mean just the idea of solving your differences through a massive display of cruelty.? Each side would receive tragedies, each side would have its share of destruction and hard ship. When it’s all over, is it really worth it? Then why should peace not be our highest ambition, just as life should be; it is the continuation of our existence.

I do not understand your idea of history. What has violence ever truly solved? Obviously it has never solved the problem of violence because we still have it. We cannot continue on as we have, we have been growing as a race in many ways and the times are different now. If we do not change our direction we are likely to end up where we are headed for.
If we continue on through violence, we are only asking for another world war, one of which would change civilization forever, if not end it.

Migatron:
no matter the situation fighting is a necessity for peace. and what you fail to see under your Green Day powered pro peace anti bush anti war mentality is the true nature of things that war im sad to say is one of the most integral part of humanities progress.
Such was true in the days of the Neanderthal and Cro-magnum man, but if fills my heart with sorrow if you believe it still to be true. Violence is obsolete. Just because we are unable to see this does not make it untrue. Do you honestly think that war creates better progress then peace? When along with what ever you may gain from War, the only lasting effects are pain, sorrow and fear; the very emotions that hinder us from progress, for they bog us down, distance us from happiness and love and spawn hatred, which is the utmost plague upon humanity.

I have been trying to understand you for a long while now, and your last post has only pushed me away from ever reaching my goal. You have spoken a lot about the lives of the individual and how you wish to help people in a very intimate manner. That’s great, but were do you find the inspiration for what you have said just now? If you are such a supporter of the working class, do you not see that those same people who get over looked by society are the same ones who go off to defend it? It is only relevant for me to believe that someone who wants to help people would only want to ride them of such a large cause of suffering in our world. ~ Rex

Oh and thanks for your concern. I understand where your coming from. Guess when I'm talking with others of my generation I don't really watch my language. Sometimes I think its warrented, cause theres nothing like a well placed swear
the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
May 21st, 2008 at 07:53pm
I am sorry Rex, but i completely and totally agree with everyone but you. no offence, you have good morals... but what you believe in just is not realistic. there is no way to make world peace. everyone can strive for it which is always a good thing, but when you look at things in the long run, no one is gonna agree with world peace together hun.
thank you for trying to make it a better place, but everyone on here but you see it. they are just being realistic. saying everyone can have world peace is possible because there is always a possiblity persay, but that is like a 1 in a trillion chance. if it did happen it would be several hundred years in the future, when war is no longer imbred in our minds. but at this point in time, it is nice to think of peace. but seriously, there is no way. you can try and make it happen though it always helps.
thanks for hearing your point of view (:
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 21st, 2008 at 09:03pm
Has anyone here seen the documentary called 'Peace One Day'?
It's actually a very inspiring story, regardless of whether you believe in world peace or not.

A guy from the UK called Jeremy Gilley came up with the idea of one day where there was no warfare; there would be a complete ceasefire. He documented his journey of meeting with world leaders and influential leaders such as The Dalai Lama etc. to get support, and he ended up making a documentary about it.

It was released a few years ago now, but it is still very relevant and inspiring.

It's explained better here.

I thought it might be relevant to this topic.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
May 21st, 2008 at 09:12pm
^ I believe a change of Signature is in order

Look, is what I'm hoping for not deserving of us being unrealistic? I am not asking you to chant with me for leprechauns to appear or some quick rich scheme thats gonna pay off in the end or some other waste of time and energy. I really am at a lose that so many here have truly given up on the human race, and have accepted that our future will forever be filled with pain and suffering. If its one in a trillion chance, then there is still a chance. IS IT NOT WORTH ASPIRING TOWARDS? I really wonder if people fear change so much that they won't do it to save there own existence.

A Lushed Heart:
if it did happen it would be several hundred years in the future, when war is no longer imbred in our minds
This is a problem; expecting peace to happen without any influence from YOU. If you truly want peace then we are that much closer to it, never forget the difference you make in the world makes all the difference in the world. And honestly, do you really think that if we continue on using violence to solve our problems as we always have that we will really last another few centuries? The time for peace is always the next upcoming second. And if we ever achieve it, it won't be a moment to soon.

Your welcome, I'm glad to hear your opinion as well. I hope I don't sound like I'm patronizing you, but you must understand what I'm doing. I'm fighting as hard here just as hard as some of us would fight in battle for there country. Course I'm pulling for something larger than just man made borders. I do not mind hearing opinions in opposition to mine. But I do take great insult to someone who is against change for the highest achievement in the history of humanity. I feel as if such people are selfihly giving our entire race a giant middle finger.

^^ WAY COOL! I'lll have to look into that thanks
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
May 22nd, 2008 at 01:49am

Its not an ignorant statement if ive actually taken the time to look back on things and formulate it as my own opinion. just because i believe that war is what drives us to proceed doesn't make me ignorant it just makes my point of view different from yours. i don't appreciate being undermined in that sense.

Because rex like i said Ambition above all thats what puts us into combat and once you start realizing this maybe you wont be so peachy. but what peace can you have if someone was knocking on your doorstep ready to invade you ? will you be keen to sit and think about peace ? will you let your country your home be engulfed by another nation ? tell me would you rather let your countries liberties be stripped whilst you sit and contemplate peace ?. just a few things maybe you should think about .

Your idea of a single race as humanity is also severely flawed. obviously you've never been racially vilified or looked different cos of your skin. theres no human race just white people and the rest, and its been painfully clear because ive watched it.

your right, the working class are the ones that go off and fight for it, not high class individuals who sip champagne and munch on caviar. we the working class fought for the liberties you enjoy. we the working class spilled blood for the freedom and in the future we the working class will fight to keep it, . im Filipino by birth my country was invaded by the Japanese in the forties like rest of the pacific, if we sat and thought about peace with the Japanese we as a nation would not be free, you see it was violence, aggression and an undying will that won us freedom.
what you fail to see that thinking and sitting about peace whilst great and so on cannot defend you.

XMaliceInWonderlandX
Killjoy
XMaliceInWonderlandX
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:47am
Yeah, I feel that there is much too much hate and discrimination in the world for there to ever be world peace, as much as I hate to admit it. I stand by the side of the road every week protesting against the stupid war that has absolutely nothing to do with anything but oil, and there doesn't seem to be much progress.
Hell, the people on the OTHER side of the road are calling us "Unpatriotic," and telling us to "go to Iraq, since we seem to love the towel-heads so much." It's disgusting. We're not for or against America, we're not for or against Iraq. What we ARE for is peace, and people need to start realizing the fact that we're not just a bunch of blunt-smokin' hippies.
MCRmy_nightmare
Killjoy
MCRmy_nightmare
May 23rd, 2008 at 11:59am
XMaliceInWonderlandX:
Yeah, I feel that there is much too much hate and discrimination in the world for there to ever be world peace, as much as I hate to admit it. I stand by the side of the road every week protesting against the stupid war that has absolutely nothing to do with anything but oil, and there doesn't seem to be much progress.
Hell, the people on the OTHER side of the road are calling us "Unpatriotic," and telling us to "go to Iraq, since we seem to love the towel-heads so much." It's disgusting. We're not for or against America, we're not for or against Iraq. What we ARE for is peace, and people need to start realizing the fact that we're not just a bunch of blunt-smokin' hippies.
world peace is absolutely impossible in a world like ours. not everyone can get along with everybody.
I think what you do is just fine. your only stating your opinion! I'd stand out there too! war is pointless. my question is why can't we just agree to leave each other alone, and just keep trading with each other? let's face it, our country is going down hill, and in my opinion, it's all thanks to our dumbass president. I'm sorry, but if your for McCain, it would be stupid to have him as presisent. he wants to CONTINUE the war, not stop it.
attic dramatic
Jazz Hands
attic dramatic
May 23rd, 2008 at 03:57pm
we should live together in peace in stead of war
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
May 24th, 2008 at 08:10am
I, myself being a big fan/supporter of John Lennon, would LIKE to believe that after everything he did for the world, trying to make peace possible, GETTING SHOT [who does that anyway it was John Lennon for got sakes] I would REALLY like to believe it is possible, but I just don't think it is, the world is to violent.

The war has never stopped, and even though I want it to, I really don't think it will.

I myself, would do anything to stop it, lie in front of a tank, start another Summer Of Love, I do actually, where shirts that say "Love Is All You Need.", "Give Peace a Chance", "The War Is Over If You Want It." I tell people about it, and I am seriously thinking about becoming a peace actovist.

To be honest, I am sick of it, I hate it, it really makes me sick that people think they have to fight to be something in the world, and that killing people is ok, what is wrong with them? War freaks me out, like really badly.

Sometimes I think it might be better if John was still alive it would be better, someone like him could have really made a difference, but theen it also occours to me that the state the world is in now would probably break his heart, knowing that everything he did made no difference at all, I think he made a difference, I think he did a great job, but obviously the majority of the world just doesn't give a shit.

I just wish everyone could stop fighting, stop shooting, stop killing, and just seriously... give peace a chance, it can change if people really want it to, but I really don't think it is going to, no one cares. So John, I'm really sorry, I know you tried your hardest, but people just aren't willing to commit.

They were right though, Love Is All You Need. You just have to believe it.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
May 24th, 2008 at 08:36am
^With all due respect, Lennon wasn't the only person in the world that cared for peace and tried to change things... and I'm sure if he was alive today, he wouldn't be the only one Wink
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
May 24th, 2008 at 05:11pm
I know, but I was just saying he was the one I follow the most.
=]
fiend 138
Killjoy
fiend 138
May 26th, 2008 at 02:38pm
nope,world peace isnt something that will happen....
see lets say evryone was in peace ,could last a bit but theres always gonna be ah Ahole whos gonna fukc it all up

it'd be great to be in peace but doesnt seem like something that will happen

May 26th, 2008 at 05:47pm
Do you think world peace is possible?
if so when, how?
if not why?

As peaceful as I'd like to view myself, I understand that violence and hate are part of human nature. I do not think world peace can exist, and it's because humans won't let it exist. We like to have rivalries and to compete, no matter how dirty things get. And so, world peace isn't likely, at least, in my mind. If we've been fighting since we could figure out how to, then I doubt it'll stop anytime soon. It's just how the world works. Call me fatalistic, but I think that's just how humans are. We're angry, bitter, and we fight. Luckily, we're also loving, kind, and beautiful.

Besides, would you really want to live in a Stepford world? I honestly think bad things happen for a reason. It's so you know what good things are.
winchester.
Touched by Angels
winchester.
May 27th, 2008 at 12:06am
As peaceful as I'd like to view myself, I understand that violence and hate are part of human nature. I do not think world peace can exist, and it's because humans won't let it exist. We like to have rivalries and to compete, no matter how dirty things get. And so, world peace isn't likely, at least, in my mind. If we've been fighting since we could figure out how to, then I doubt it'll stop anytime soon. It's just how the world works. Call me fatalistic, but I think that's just how humans are. We're angry, bitter, and we fight.

I agree with that 100%
That's kinda what I was tryin to say but I couldn't get the right words.
the remembered one.
Motor Baby
the remembered one.
June 1st, 2008 at 11:49pm
KingRex:
^ I believe a change of Signature is in order

Look, is what I'm hoping for not deserving of us being unrealistic? I am not asking you to chant with me for leprechauns to appear or some quick rich scheme thats gonna pay off in the end or some other waste of time and energy. I really am at a lose that so many here have truly given up on the human race, and have accepted that our future will forever be filled with pain and suffering. If its one in a trillion chance, then there is still a chance. IS IT NOT WORTH ASPIRING TOWARDS? I really wonder if people fear change so much that they won't do it to save there own existence.

A Lushed Heart:
if it did happen it would be several hundred years in the future, when war is no longer imbred in our minds
This is a problem; expecting peace to happen without any influence from YOU. If you truly want peace then we are that much closer to it, never forget the difference you make in the world makes all the difference in the world. And honestly, do you really think that if we continue on using violence to solve our problems as we always have that we will really last another few centuries? The time for peace is always the next upcoming second. And if we ever achieve it, it won't be a moment to soon.

Your welcome, I'm glad to hear your opinion as well. I hope I don't sound like I'm patronizing you, but you must understand what I'm doing. I'm fighting as hard here just as hard as some of us would fight in battle for there country. Course I'm pulling for something larger than just man made borders. I do not mind hearing opinions in opposition to mine. But I do take great insult to someone who is against change for the highest achievement in the history of humanity. I feel as if such people are selfihly giving our entire race a giant middle finger.

^^ WAY COOL! I'lll have to look into that thanks

i must go against you once again, none of us ever said that we are against having peace, we said it would be good to have it but it is apart of human nature. we do try to be peaceful, but we can't make everyone else be peaceful too.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 3rd, 2008 at 12:01am
Alright, sorry its been so long, I was pretty sick. But now I'm back and ready to jump in again so here we go!

Look Migatron I hear you, I have heard your same argument countless times.

While in the sense of true peace, surrendering rather than fighting is an option this is something I have never boughten up or advocated. You have drawn it from your own conclusions when I say “peace.” Yes, in the past violence has meant the survival of cultures, but understand, while it has prolonged people, it has also prolonged the mentality that violence solves problems. What I have been saying is this: Let us realize that there is another way that works with humanity now. BEFORE there are any more armies marching to invade us, and the atrocities or our worst nightmares become reality.
Now is our chance to put an end violence; we are not preoccupied with fighting in a global battle and we have the time and intellect to see what all the violence in history has really boughten us: pain and suffering.

XMaliceInWonderlandX:
I stand by the side of the road every week protesting against the stupid war that has absolutely nothing to do with anything but oil, and there doesn't seem to be much progress.
That’s really great, I applaud your spirit in taking matters into your own hands. I completely understand how you could feel like progress is impossible in such a situation. Just know that you are not obligated to do so, and you might want to look into a less time consuming and settle way of protesting if you are tired of what you’ve been doing. I think that the reason its not getting through to people is because the idea of openly objecting to the war in public stirs up a lot of emotions not even tied to the actual ordeal. Plain and simple, people are afraid, and accept the order of things now and have trouble seeing anything else.

XMaliceInWonderlandX:
We're not for or against America, we're not for or against Iraq. What we ARE for is peace, and people need to start realizing the fact that we're not just a bunch of blunt-smokin' hippies.
I honesty love you for this. Truer words have not been written, and I totally understand. If only people could understand that peace is patriotic…

MCRmy_nightmare:
question is why can't we just agree to leave each other alone, and just keep trading with each other? ? let's face it, our country is going down hill, and in my opinion, it's all thanks to our dumbass president. I'm sorry, but if your for McCain, it would be stupid to have him as president. he wants to CONTINUE the war, not stop it.
Exactly! Couldn’t agree more

fan26:
we should live together in peace in stead of war
Thank you for saying this! It means a lot to me
Tegan:
would REALLY like to believe it is possible, but I just don't think it is, the world is to violent.
That’s to bad. I find it ironic that you say your inspired by John but you don’t really believe in his message. If you really did you would understand your difference in the world makes all the difference in the world.

Tegan:
So John, I'm really sorry, I know you tried your hardest, but people just aren't willing to commit.
This is upsetting, I’m sorry that you can say that to yourself; It is something that I never will, I am willing to commit so there is no reason for me to do so. John has only failed when you admit he has…

Tegan:
You just have to believe it
Great, you understand this. Now actually believe it, and don’t worry about others, worry about yourself. Keep it inside you and never let it go, just as you never forget who you are, let the message define your life. It will make a difference if you really want it to.

Faye Merci:
As peaceful as I'd like to view myself, I understand that violence and hate are part of human nature. I do not think world peace can exist, and it's because humans won't let it exist. We like to have rivalries and to compete, no matter how dirty things get. And so, world peace isn't likely, at least, in my mind. If we've been fighting since we could figure out how to, then I doubt it'll stop anytime soon. It's just how the world works. Call me fatalistic, but I think that's just how humans are. We're angry, bitter, and we fight
I agree with you, today. But that does not mean that humanity is forever doomed to destroy itself, only if we let it. We have always been fighting only because we have always let it go on, if we were able to stop, then it would stop.

Faye Merci:
I honestly think bad things happen for a reason
. It's so you know what good things are.
That’s what we have history for, to see our past mistakes. We don’t constantly need them in our world to be thankful for what else we have.

Mrs. Lily Crump:
i must go against you once again, none of us ever said that we are against having peace, we said it would be good to have it but it is apart of human nature. we do try to be peaceful, but we can't make everyone else be peaceful too.
That’s alright, I should have made it more clear that my question was directed at Migatron. I asked my theater director in one of my journals if peace was possible and he had a rather interesting out look; he replied “No. But that dozen’t mean we should stop working for it. Perfection isn’t possible, but we can continue to strive for it, of the sake of progress.” I thought that was pretty cool, if its to much for you to accept the idea of total peace, that still doesn’t mean you have to not try for it, cause then you will get no where. And I have never said anything about ever MAKING people be peaceful. It is something they need to decide for themselves, this might seem like a lot to ask but think about it; if people can only realize there is an alternative to violence that rewards 10fold, they would change. Most if not all of the violence exists in the world because people want to solve their problems and be happy, once they understood that the same, if not greater result is possible without violence, then things would be different. Is that so hard to imagine? I mean its not like I'm hoping to force everyone on earth to like meatless cheese lasagna for no reason.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 3rd, 2008 at 06:33pm
Ignore
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
June 6th, 2008 at 02:48pm

i keep repeating the arguement because it makes alot of sense if you actually think about human nature and the fact that "human intelligence" doesnt exist as a whole. what you have is a handfull of people who think peace is achievable. the problem is whilst it looks good on paper it could never work in the real world no matter how much you want it to happen.

just because i say warfare works doesn't mean i think that peace would be nice, but th reality is that you cant get something for nothing,

you really havnt addressed what the best plan would be when you were dealing with someone in power who was obviously violating human rights. what do you do if he doesnt listen ? you have to do something because sitting idly by is just as bad as not even looking at the issue. your going to say why are we so eager to fight ? noone likes to go to war rex , absolutely noone, but we go because in times of need we need to go and if you flat out refused to go and fight for your country when it comes time, you might want to question how much you actually enjoy the freedoms you enjoy.

Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 6th, 2008 at 11:36pm
Look we’ve been talking a while. To be perfectly clear, I hear you talking of human nature and such, but only in the sense of today and now. Please hear me when I say it does not and will not always be the same forever, Nature doesn’t work that way. Change is always constant as I’m sure you know. Our nature as a species has changed dramatically throughout our history; it is what brought us out of the caves and into civilization. Now I’m talking of a different change yet just as important for humanity, the change where we move out of the metaphorical caves of violence and fear and progress to become the one species we are meant to be, and make the most of our individual lives.

I feel the need to quote myself, if you read this before, I’m sorry. But it’s quite possible you missed it as it was quite buried in a discussion with another member;
I asked my theater director in one of my journals if peace was possible and he had a rather interesting out look; he replied “No. But that doesn’t mean we should stop working for it. Perfection isn’t possible, but we can continue to strive for it, of the sake of progress.” I thought that was pretty cool, if its to much for you to accept the idea of total peace, that still doesn’t mean you have to not try for it, cause then you will get no where.
Does this not give you new insight when you say “peace is nice, but will never happen?”
Migracer:
the problem is whilst it looks good on paper it could never work in the real world no matter how much you want it to happen.
Ah, your reason for diminishing peace is the same as mine for Communism. Now why would peace not work in the real world? Does violence honestly work in the real world? I don’t think so. Peace would easily be the best thing to work in the world if we gave it a real try, it’s just so simple; be happy, don’t hurt anybody. My God is that SO hard to get people to live for? The reason war is so popular is because its so easily profited from, it gets things moving (in any direction) immediately because it spurs fear on all levels. It’s unfortunate that War and Capitalism go hand in hand, but it’s the truth.

I never said we needed to get “something for nothing” we would be giving a lot, more so then I could ever write here. Living in peace can take all you have, that is why I hold it in such high respects as it is truly a new step in the progression of mankind. I can easily use the expression “we can’t fight fire with fire” in rebuttal.

I’ve answered the Human Rights Violation question before, my answer has not changed. Thing is, I’m talking in more general terms and you more specific. There is nothing wrong with this, I’m glad you can dissect such a large problem to understand the small important ones; it just makes communication in this discussion a bit more complicated.
Migracer:
no one likes to go to war rex , absolutely no one, but we go because in times of need we need to go and if you flat out refused to go and fight for your country when it comes time, you might want to question how much you actually enjoy the freedoms you enjoy.

Haha, I got to laugh because this is SO illogical and contradictory. If no one wants to go to war then why do we!? Obviously somewhere there is someone with the will to pick up a weapon and gather followers who are also willing, for some cause. But why is it so hard to realize that what is gained through war hardly can be compared to what is lost; that to win a war is as tragic as to lose one. For you to tell me that no one wants to fight I feel is a great break through in this discussion. I hope you can ask your self why are we hopelessly attached to fighting when nobody wants to do so. And if you yourself would enjoy peace, why would you not hope to strive for it in your daily life? – We all have the power to change the world; we do it when we change ourselves. As the intelligent person as I trust you to be I hope you understand what I have said.

Look, I refute violence on principle; the less I fight, the less fighting will exist on earth. It would be a terrible day if I was in a state where I needed to use violence. The idea haunts me as I cannot imagine such a situation. It is not something I would ever choose voluntarily and would much rather run, or die, for the sake of peace, then stay and fight. I was quite inspired when I read these words of Einstein’s “The pioneers of a warless world are the young men (and women) who refuse military service.” but that’s me. I completely understand and respect the idea Freedom and know that I hold quite a bit of it in America (though Bush changed things a bit.) In my opinion it’s a complete and total insult to the men and women who have died to give me freedom that we still continue to rack up more men and women like them to this day. IT. MAKES. NO. SENSE. We are not fighting in this moment, so let’s decide in our best efforts and heart of hearts to keep it that way, in honor of the people who gave us the chance to do so.

I want to apologize if I seam to “preachy” this has and never will be my goal. It’s just how the words come to me, I don’t now how else to say what I want to….The Words themselves are bigger than I’ll ever be. ~ Rex
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
June 7th, 2008 at 12:17am
KingRex:

Migracer:
no one likes to go to war rex , absolutely no one, but we go because in times of need we need to go and if you flat out refused to go and fight for your country when it comes time, you might want to question how much you actually enjoy the freedoms you enjoy.

Haha, I got to laugh because this is SO illogical and contradictory. If no one wants to go to war then why do we!? Obviously somewhere there is someone with the will to pick up a weapon and gather followers who are also willing, for some cause. But why is it so hard to realize that what is gained through war hardly can be compared to what is lost; that to win a war is as tragic as to lose one. For you to tell me that no one wants to fight I feel is a great break through in this discussion. I hope you can ask your self why are we hopelessly attached to fighting when nobody wants to do so. And if you yourself would enjoy peace, why would you not hope to strive for it in your daily life? – We all have the power to change the world; we do it when we change ourselves. As the intelligent person as I trust you to be I hope you understand what I have said.

I disagree with Mig when he says that no one ever wants to go to war. There are genuinely people out there who want to fight for their country, and there are people who want to die for their country. The concept of war, for some people, is a normal way to resolve things. There are people in all countries who are heavily pro-war, and the way I see it is that those people who are pro-war are always going to oppose those that are anti-war.

It all boils down to the fact that the idea of peace is just that; an idea. And any idea is always going to have it's oppositions.

I don't disagree with wanting to strive for peace, though. I think people who fight for peace (not literally fight - that would be quite ironic indeed! You know what I mean) are to be commended. But I guess it's not for everyone.