Don't have an account? Create one!

TBP- fate of the patient

AuthorMessage
I_gave_you_blood
Killjoy
I_gave_you_blood
November 8th, 2008 at 09:01pm
I've heard a lot of differing opinions on whether the patient actually dies at the end of The Black Parade. I remember Gerard saying that in the end, he has to decide whether he goes back to the world of the living or remains with the Black Parade. I always thought that he would go back and try to make something out of his life, because he's seen all the wasted lives of these characters in the world of the dead. But that's not totally clear from the album, so I wonder, what do you think?
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
November 9th, 2008 at 08:35am
I thought he died, I haven't actually heard any other opinions or anything though, I just assumed. Anyone heard anything?
xo.
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
November 9th, 2008 at 11:17am

I'll just delete this, for a mod told me too.
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 9th, 2008 at 11:21am
Lauri and I both think this thread is fine...
In fact, I really like it. It's a good idea, really got me thinking.

Michael James Way;:

Number one, The patient died of Cancer.

I think they're trying to say that Gerard said the Patient had a choice whether to remain dead or go back into the harsh world of the living.

Number two, THIS DOES NOT NEED ITS OWN THREAD. I'm reporting so a mod can lock.

Say hello to This!

Capitals hurt.
It's not really a question, more of a discussion anyhow.
However, if it's conclusive that the patient died and someone can find what and where it was said then there is no real need for it and I'll lock the thread then.
XxDead DivaxX
Bleeding on the Floor
XxDead DivaxX
November 9th, 2008 at 11:40am
Hmmmmm, I guess it depends on what each individual fan thinks.
For me, I think that maybe their was a chance he lived. =]
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
November 9th, 2008 at 12:55pm
i think he died, well because the black parade is for the dead and he is trying to join it, so i think the patient died
vengeance university
Shotgun Sinner
vengeance university
November 9th, 2008 at 02:00pm
i think the patient lived.
because in famous last words it's 'i am not afraid to keep on living, i am not afraid to walk this world alone' & i think the patient had a choice to either stay with the black parade or continue to live, & he chose to live. i thought the album was a story about the patient taking a journey through his life while he's dying & ultimately finding the strenght to live again by the end of the album. but i'm not sure, my thought doesn't really make sense.
>_<
Jenny.
Jenny.
November 9th, 2008 at 02:47pm
^ I agree. That sounds completely right in my opinion, it makes sense to me.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
November 9th, 2008 at 03:01pm
I'm finding this idea quite fascinating. I've always assumed he died, but some good arguments have been made for his survival. I'd love to hear Gerard actually say what the OP say they heard!

I suppose with FLW it would make sense for The Patient to come back again... Hmmm.
XxDead DivaxX
Bleeding on the Floor
XxDead DivaxX
November 9th, 2008 at 07:28pm
Yeah... but then all these doctors and nurses were taking his blood, so maybe he died. (Bet you any amount of money those docters and nurses were vampires!)
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
November 9th, 2008 at 09:46pm
i always felt that the patient survived
cause of famous last words being the last track and all
and i think gee said in an interview that he never really decided if he did or not that he hopes he does
haha something like that
but i like to think the patient survives or that he gets like reborn after he join the parade
something like that
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
November 11th, 2008 at 03:07am
Gerard said he thought that the paitent died but then the more possitive FLW became he ended up sort of thinking that the paitent survies and now will choose life
Toronado
Bleeding on the Floor
Toronado
November 12th, 2008 at 03:27am
I thought that the patient died.
I always thought that Famous Last Words was from the point of view of his girlfriend or best friend or brother, or whatever, saying that now he's dead, they'd have to try to go on alone.
Kat Von D.
Fabulous Killjoy
Kat Von D.
November 12th, 2008 at 03:53am
He did Die, But didnt he keep on living though the black parade?
Frnk iero.
Awake and Unafraid
Frnk iero.
November 12th, 2008 at 08:20am

But the black parade is what happens after death.

I want to also apologize about my words from above. My apologies to the person who made this topic, I was rude. =/
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
November 12th, 2008 at 01:46pm
I think he lived, I mean Famous Last Words is all about living, isn't it? I think that he had a choice, like someone said above. I think each fan has to make their own personal choice, because the band never says for sure if the Patient dies or not. I personally like to think he survived.
Gerard.
Banned
Gerard.
November 12th, 2008 at 01:51pm
Ten Speed:
I think he lived, I mean Famous Last Words is all about living, isn't it? I think that he had a choice, like someone said above. I think each fan has to make their own personal choice, because the band never says for sure if the Patient dies or not. I personally like to think he survived.
im sure he lived
lisbeth salander.
Shotgun Sinner
lisbeth salander.
November 14th, 2008 at 02:48pm
I originally thought he died.
But I guess Famous Last Words might be about him surviving.
I'm not sure, tbh.
I'm A Bullet.I Kill!
Jazz Hands
I'm A Bullet.I Kill!
November 23rd, 2008 at 07:13am
at first i thought he was dead, but then after hearing famous last words, i changed my mind. i mean, people said that famous last words may be some things that the patient's family or friends said because the patient just died, but isn't the album about the patient? not his family or friends?
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
November 25th, 2008 at 01:36pm
I think he lives, and all these songs inbetween this is how I disappear and disenchanted are like him re-living his memories. Like IDLY, he's remembering a fight he had with his girlfriend, and in mama, he's having a mental breakdown (for lack of better words) because of the war, etc.
just my thoughts.
and in FLW, he's reflecting on the memories he was remembering (does that make any sense xD) and saying, 'you know, i guess that wasn't soo bad, i'll keep going'

=\ does that make any sense to anyone but me?