Don't have an account? Create one!

Random Knowledge

AuthorMessage
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
May 7th, 2009 at 09:15pm
Your fist put together (fingers net to eachother) is the size of your brain.
There is a cetin percent of people bitten by other people in NYC, I forget it.

In China people will pay as much money as it takes to get the right phone number. One businessman paid $20,000 for a number he liked. The worst possible numbers to have your phone number end with are 54-74-24, because in Chinese it sounds like, "I die, my wife dies, my child dies."

In the Philippines, taking a foto with friends, with you in the middle is bad luck. So is taking a bath on your birthday.

In Cuba, if you leave a class of water next your bed, and in the morning, there's bubbles, you have god spirits surrounding you.

A bride wears "something borrowed" from a previous bride who has a happy marriage; she wears "something blue" because it signifies virtue. A Chinese bride is never supposed to look in a mirror to insure there will only be one bride.
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
May 8th, 2009 at 03:16pm
St. Andrews:

In China people will pay as much money as it takes to get the right phone number. One businessman paid $20,000 for a number he liked. The worst possible numbers to have your phone number end with are 54-74-24, because in Chinese it sounds like, "I die, my wife dies, my child dies."

the number 867-5309 was sold on ebay for over 360,000

the guy who sold it said he was tired of 80s rock fans calling and asking if Jenny was there lmao
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
May 10th, 2009 at 03:24pm
Hah, nice.

Each person in this world is about 98% similar. we all have very little diffrences.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
May 10th, 2009 at 03:31pm
You burn 300 calories for every hour you laugh, and 1000 for every hour you bang your head against the wall.

Marie Anntoinette never actually said 'Let them eat cake.' She might have thought it- but she's famous for a line that she never actually said.
Seabirds.
Bleeding on the Floor
Seabirds.
May 10th, 2009 at 04:21pm
Vultures can digest meat in any stage of decay, and withstand diseases that would kill any other creature.

Unlike most birds Vultures do not build nests.
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 12th, 2009 at 01:18pm
Alexander the Great was heterochromic (his eyes were different colors)
IceHog69
Bulletproof Heart
IceHog69
May 12th, 2009 at 01:21pm
Shavo Odadjian.:
Marie Anntoinette never actually said 'Let them eat cake.' She might have thought it- but she's famous for a line that she never actually said.
Apparently (according to QI) she said "Let them eat brioche"
satellites.
In The Murder Scene
satellites.
May 12th, 2009 at 02:03pm
i know some really random phobias:

Arachibutyrophobia- Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth
Allodoxaphobia- Fear of opinions
Consecotaleophobia- Fear of chopsticks
Optophobia- Fear of opening one's eyes.
Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns (I have this one D=)
Chronomentrophobia- Fear of clocks

Phobophobia- Fear of phobias
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
May 12th, 2009 at 04:17pm
The amount of sperm a man creates in one day is the length of a football field if they are all lined up single file
out of use.
Shotgun Sinner
out of use.
May 12th, 2009 at 06:06pm
Everyone thinks that atoms are just made of electrons, protons and neutrons.
However, each of these are likely to be made up of at least 16 other particles, for example quarks.
And it's these that the ATLAS detector was looking for (the experiment that the media seemed to think would end the world), as well as the Higg's Boson.
And, for the record, the proposal that is was ever going to end the world was just plain ridiculous.
fawkes
Bleeding on the Floor
fawkes
May 12th, 2009 at 09:03pm
The twin paradox states that if one twin stays on Earth and the other travels into space in a rocket, when that twin returns to Earth he will be younger than the twin who stayed on Earth, according to the theory of relativity.
out of use.
Shotgun Sinner
out of use.
May 13th, 2009 at 05:17pm
When the concordes used to fly, across the atlantic from the UK to America, those on board would actually have gained time.
Whilst in the air, they would have gained 0.0725 seconds on everyone at ground level.
So they were, technically, in the future.
(According to atomic clocks, btw. So you can't really argue with that. Most accurate clocks in existance and all).
hoppy.
In The Murder Scene
hoppy.
May 14th, 2009 at 07:20pm
In ancient Egypt, priests plucked every hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
May 15th, 2009 at 10:06am
If you hit the "tab" button on your keyboard, it takes you to the top of an internet page.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
May 15th, 2009 at 11:15am
Every northern state in the United States has a "Springfield".

In the movie trilogy 'The Lord of the Rings' all the background swords are made of melted down skateboard wheels.

If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months, and 6 days, you would produce enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.

If you farted consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas would be produced to create the energy of an atomic bomb.
The Creature
In The Murder Scene
The Creature
May 15th, 2009 at 09:18pm
Toothpaste (plain toothpaste, no flavor and extra stuff) can be used to rid of zits.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
May 16th, 2009 at 05:07pm
Shavo Odadjian.:
If you hit the "tab" button on your keyboard, it takes you to the top of an internet page.
it diwhen I just tried o.O
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
May 18th, 2009 at 09:08am
the clinical term for rabies is hydaphobia, this because someone with rabies appears to have a fear of water
Ad Astra
Salute You in Your Grave
Ad Astra
May 22nd, 2009 at 11:18am
when you blush your stomach turns red too
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
May 22nd, 2009 at 12:18pm
The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.