Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 12:38am

I really love this picture.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 03:40pm
I'm gonna sound insanely stupid here and ask, is Dirk and Bro the same person? sorry i haven't read that long (i just saw Bro for the first time a few pages ago..) but they just look so similar and there is so much Dirk/Dave fanart with hate comments about incest being wrong and Bro is Dave's only relative that he could, eh, incest with?, but isn't Dirk just Dave from and alternate universe or something? sorry for being a total noob

Wait, what is this person asking?
If Dirk is Dave or if Dirk is Bro?
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 03:53pm
That...is weird. They just need to read more homestuck I guess. Dirk and Bro are the same person from alternate universes, just like Dirks "Bro" is Dave from an alternate universe.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 03:54pm
Yeah, like the answer is: Yes, Dave's Bro is Dirk, and Dirk's Bro is Dave.
But the way they phrased it was kind of weird, I guess. And confusing.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 03:56pm
I don't think they got to the point where john made all of em out of slime. That explained a lot.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:00pm
Yeah, whenever I'm getting into something and doesn't quite make sense I just assume it'll be explained in due time. I wish other people did the same but I can't help being smarter than everyone.

/jokes
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 04:05pm
I mean you are smarter than most people, but others are stupider than most people and don't wait for due time.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:08pm
Is it, or is it not, a good idea to prototype a trumpet or bugle just so the ogres in your session look like Shrek?

I'm crying.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:09pm
CelestialBlue:
I mean you are smarter than most people, but others are stupider than most people and don't wait for due time.

That, or they're very impatient.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 04:11pm
What would you prototype.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:16pm
I don't know, I've thought about this a lot...
What would you prototype?
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 04:19pm
I would want it to be my doggie that died. We have her ashes and my moms house. But I know that people allows you to actually talk to the sprite, but I don't really have any dead relatives chilling out :\
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:26pm
Yeah, I was thinking about possibly prototyping my cat that died 2 years ago, I had him since I was a baby. But I don't know... what would be the other thing I'd prototype into it? Perhaps this fucking weirdass Halloween decoration I randomly have in my room. It's a scarecrow.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:29pm
also i totally understand if you say you’ve never seen the fandom react to women like that, because i don’t think every single person interacts with the whole fandom. but i’ve been running hsr for like.. almost 3 years? i interact with hundreds of people on a daily basis just through answering asks and reading people’s responses and comments and descriptions.
just because you haven’t seen bad parts of the fandom, doesn’t mean they’re not there. it probably just means you surrounded yourself with great people, which is really good for you!!
so stay with your lovely people, but don’t disregard problems in the fandom that you’re not fighting—because other people are! and it’s sad when ladies tell other ladies to shut up about these issues, but i get that it happens—however i won’t stop, because all the mods at hsr have a strong sense of right and wrong.
to us, letting bad things in the fandom slip by on our blog is not what we want. we want power 2 the people because we have a lot of followers and enough influence to make people stop and think. so thank you for letting us do this! and if not, maybe hsr isn’t the place for you to be.

Yeah, I'm not really involved at all in the fandom to really know what the "drama" is, to be honest. Apparently people talk shit about the female characters all the time? That's what I'm getting. Honestly though I think Homestuck has fucking fantastic female characters, and I don't see how anyone could have a problem with the way they're written...
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:29pm
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 04:31pm
That would make for some horrifying enemies. But remember, prototyping more than once before entering the medium is not needed and only makes the game harder and prototyping afterward has no effect.
brandleys;
Death Defying
brandleys;
April 12th, 2014 at 04:33pm
Right, I would prototype my cat first. Or wait, maybe that's a bad idea because then I'd have to fight cats and I don't want to do that. I'd do the scarecrow first. And then afterwards my cat.
I'm talking about prototyping it twice because most of the sprites I'm more familiar were prototyped twice, so I guess that's the way I think about it.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 04:33pm
Fandom drama is so dumb.
NotYourKindOfPeople
In The Murder Scene
NotYourKindOfPeople
April 12th, 2014 at 04:34pm
whipstickagostop;:
Right, I would prototype my cat first. Or wait, maybe that's a bad idea because then I'd have to fight cats and I don't want to do that. I'd do the scarecrow first. And then afterwards my cat.
I'm talking about prototyping it twice because most of the sprites I'm more familiar were prototyped twice, so I guess that's the way I think about it.

Yeah lol. Just make sure your cat isn't a first guardian.