Don't have an account? Create one!

January 6th, 2006 - According to the readers of AP; Gerard is unfashionable.

AuthorMessage
MCR.4.life
Killjoy
MCR.4.life
March 13th, 2007 at 12:50am
[quote
I like their music.

And like, tbh, who cares. Everyone on here has a different fashion.
But it isn't that big a deal about what Gerard looks like.
It doesn't matter what any of mcr look like, it is about their music.
I guess tho, saying that.
Some of who they are, are their image.
But for it to be jusged and voted for...it is a bit lame.[/quote]

TRUTH. Like how everyone is making such a big deal out of his hair. I loved it black, but I couldn't care less if it was pink!
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
March 14th, 2007 at 09:10am
Gerard's clothes are always cool, that jacket he wears for the Black parade is amazing, I'd really love to have his original jacket ( I've seen knock off ones on Ebay and stuff but they're just not the same quality).

If you want to see someone in a ridiculous outfit just watch any hip hop video. hideous gold neck chains, floor length white fur coats and diamond encrusted grills on their teeth, I really hate all that 'Bling' sh!t and everything it stands for.
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
March 14th, 2007 at 09:22am
This is over a year old.
Can't you get over it?
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
March 14th, 2007 at 09:32am
I don't have anything to 'get over', but thankyou for your concern, just felt like adding my opinion.
trunk_of_ammunition
Jazz Hands
trunk_of_ammunition
March 24th, 2007 at 04:15pm
ugh
what are they talking about?
gerard has great fashion sense
The Joker
Salute You in Your Grave
The Joker
March 25th, 2007 at 11:22am
i was watching mtv2 earlier and they had this chart thing called the worst dressed chart and mcr came in at no.2!! and they showed the welcome to the black parade video. theyre black parade uniforms are really cool so i dont understand why they were even in the worst dressed chart.
im sorry this is related to AP magazine but i dont get that because i live in the UK. but anything which says that they unfashionable is wrong!
art star.
Demolition Lover
art star.
March 26th, 2007 at 06:41am
Gerard is unfashionable for AP, maybe...
but not for everyone, so that voting thing is null and void. ^_^
Boo?
Bleeding on the Floor
Boo?
March 26th, 2007 at 09:31am
I like Gee's style,but I can't say its fashionable.. Wink
Max Green
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Max Green
March 28th, 2007 at 12:55am
this was a year ago??
Illuminatist
Salute You in Your Grave
Illuminatist
March 29th, 2007 at 12:50am
even if this is a year older..just want to add my opinion..

first they dont have the right to diss gee about his fashion statement..its his way of expressing his self..
2nd if they are judging gee or the MCR on how they look on stage, well thats not enough..its a costume for crying out loud..

i rest my case
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
March 31st, 2007 at 05:40pm
Gwen Stefani can go choke on a banana lol my thats what my friend said
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
March 31st, 2007 at 11:09pm
i think to talk about Gerard as 'unfashionable' is a totally inaccurate word. I reckon his name shouldn't have even appeared in that magazine poll. 'Fashion' commonly relates to trends that constantly change over time, like the menswear on the catwalk. Or maybe the latest trends in the popular streetwear labels.

Gerard is himself an alternative. He's not mainstream and i bet he doesn't give a care about getting the latest look. I see his clothing STYLE as an expression of himself & who he is. True he does wear some clothing with labels like Etnies shoes, but i don't see him trying to be a replica of shop-front mannequins. And wearing all black clothing everyday (well i haven't seen him wearing white or any other dominant colour) isn't a trend in fashion.

I'd say he's stylish but fashion doesn't really relate to him.
XxMcrpansyxX
Killjoy
XxMcrpansyxX
April 1st, 2007 at 12:13am
Gerard has the best style ever. My God britney spears? oh geese
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
April 1st, 2007 at 07:08pm
I agree that he's not fashionable, because he doesn't follow fashion. But I think he's like, anti-fashion fashionable. If that makes sense, which I think it does.

I think most of his fans would agree that we like the stuff he wears. Who gives a rat's ass what the readers of AP think. In my humble opinion, I don't think there's anyone that dresses worse than those skanks he was up against. Rolling Eyes
Kaitlyn Hooligun
Really Not Okay
Kaitlyn Hooligun
April 2nd, 2007 at 01:13am
this is the only thing ive ever seen about gerard not having a good since of style
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 2nd, 2007 at 03:09am
heartache to sing:
I agree that he's not fashionable, because he doesn't follow fashion. But I think he's like, anti-fashion fashionable. If that makes sense, which I think it does.

I think most of his fans would agree that we like the stuff he wears. Who gives a rat's ass what the readers of AP think. In my humble opinion, I don't think there's anyone that dresses worse than those skanks he was up against. Rolling Eyes

YES. Anti-fashion fashionable makes perfect sense!

and here's the proof of Gerards knowledge of fashion! i watched the Bert & Gerard interview, here goes:
Bert: *points at question* what is that?
Gerard: H-hau?
Another guy: *sticks his head in* "Haute Couture"
Bert & Gerard: h-haute couture...high fashion?...
Gerard: I dunno what Haute couture means.
Bert: ...H-haute C-c-couture is some crazy s***

it's hilarious especially being a fashion student and listening to them have trouble saying haute couture Laughing
Gee-Rox!
Killjoy
Gee-Rox!
April 2nd, 2007 at 01:13pm
Gerard doesn't "follow" fashion, he follows his own path and that's just the way I like it!
XJulietLovestheBeatX
Thinking Happy Thoughts
XJulietLovestheBeatX
April 5th, 2007 at 06:59pm
i wouldnt give a shit if MCR dressed like frat boys with pucca sell necklaces and a backwards caps. Theyre music kicks ass and thats all I care about. Personally I think they have the best style of aanyone right now because its truly original and no one has done it before.
Heartquake
Salute You in Your Grave
Heartquake
April 5th, 2007 at 07:03pm
xstarless-eyesx:
i was watching mtv2 earlier and they had this chart thing called the worst dressed chart and mcr came in at no.2!! and they showed the welcome to the black parade video. theyre black parade uniforms are really cool so i dont understand why they were even in the worst dressed chart.
im sorry this is related to AP magazine but i dont get that because i live in the UK. but anything which says that they unfashionable is wrong!

people only say they are unfashionable because probably they saw them once and judged them on that one time. also because they probably never listened to their music before in their lives. and they probably think that they some emo band and has no talent. whichh is sooooooo not true.
but wateva
their clothes are ROCKING
and their music is HOT
and they are AWESOME
possibly the best band ALIVE
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
April 6th, 2007 at 06:33am
Yeah all the other finger-pointing people are just uncreative, un-fun, uptight people about clothing. Wearing clothes is supposed to be FUN. Dressing up is FUN. argh, give it some IMAGINATION & CREATIVITY, some people!!

I read in Rolling Stone under "who hates emo most?", Dave Draiman of Disturbed said,
"All these pussy-ass, make-up wearing, suit wearing mama's boys...are a disgrace to rock & roll".

STUFF YOU!!! who said you can't dress up and play rock and roll?!