August 22nd, 2005 at 12:53am
sweet.
Cool
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
Demolition Lover
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
August 22nd, 2005 at 12:57am
Back to what this thread was about:
Last night I had the chance to sit down with Gerard Way. He is the singer of the band My Chemical Romance. I figured I'd throw some questions in that were "off-topic" just to keep things fun and interesting. All of the interviews I've done so far have been TOO similar for my liking. I like things to not be redundant. I like variety, however I could only think of a couple funny/off-topic questions. So in this case I asked my girlfriend Amy to write a couple funny questions up. So without more babbling from myself here is the interview:

Mike(corrosivemind): In what way was recording the new album (Three Cheers For sweet Revenge) different then recording your first album(I Brought You The Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love)?

Gerard Way(singer of My Chemical Romance): We had a lot more time to do it. We had a lot more time to write it and we got to develop as a band, really find out who we were before we made another record. On this first record we had only been a band for 3 months.
Mike: What is the craziest moment/experience you've had while on tour?

Gerard: Craziest thing that ever happened to me was being attacked by a black bird. It pecked the shit out of my head. We were at this hotel called The Phoenix in San Francisco. We were leaving to go to a show the next morning and the bird just fuckin' attacked my head. And the next day Slipknot were there, they were coming in as we were leaving, and they got attacked by birds too.
Mike: What would you be doing right now if you weren't in My Chemical Romance?

Gerard: Realistically I'd most likely be working a really crappy job at a bookstore or something. If I wanted to be optimistic about it I'd have to say I'd be doing something involved with art.
Mike: Who or what inspired you to become a singer?

Gerard: Well it started really young with Bruce Dickinson(Iron Maiden). He really inspired me 'cause he's a great frontman, a great singer and I've always been influenced by the way he sang. Also, obviously, Jeff from Thursday inspired me as a person to just get up and do that. I've been a fan of music and I've always wanted to be in a band. I just never had the urge to be a frontman until I saw him do it. I was like "You know what? It just seems so incredible and it seems like he's actually making a difference and he was doing something." Right at that moment is when I knew I would do it.
Mike: What's your favorite venue to play right now?

Gerard: Uh, that's really tough. I guess I'd say the Metro, yea, The Metro in Chicago.
Mike: Who is your favorite band at the moment?

Gerard: My favorite band at the moment is the Dresden Dolls, they're from Boston. It's a guy and a girl. She plays piano and he plays the drums and she also sings. You can find them on the web they're incredible.
Mike: What band or bands would you like to tour with and why?

Gerard: We just got a tour with Face To Face it's their "farewell tour." And it's such an honor cause we've always wanted to tour with them and to get offered their "farewell tour" is just amazing. Iron Maiden is obviously another band I'd love to tour with as well.
Mike: I'm going to ask a few not-so-usual questions, kind of funny. Also kind of wierd and feel free to answer if you'd like, if you don't wish to answer just say it that's all okay?

Gerard: Alright, cool man go for it.
Mike: Okay, what celebrity or band do you hate the most and why?

Gerard: Well I don't really hate any band and I know it's kind of avoiding the question and not shit talk but no I really don't hate any bands. Celebrity that may be a little easier. I guess it'd have to be some one really annoying.
Mike: Kind of like Carrot Top?

Gerard: Carrot Top is a really good one. I kinda feel bad for him though. Same thing with Pauly Shore so you really can't say that about him either. You can't help but feel sorry for them both.
Mike: How long have you gone without showering while on tour?

Gerard: About a week. If you go longer then a week you might as well not even leave the hotel. Not even bother to play, it just starts to smell so bad.
Mike: Have you ever let a guy grab your ass and enjoyed it?

Gerard: Um, lots of people grab my ass. I'm actually starting to get this thing now where people grab my package. That actually happened once in Boston, it usually doesn't happen. We went over to England and it happened at almost every show. I don't really enjoy any kind of invasion of privacy like that I guess. Just the moment you're on stage it doesn't phase you or bother you too much though. Grabbin my package is obviously a total invasion of privacy I'm not into that at all. Grabbing my butt I guess if it were a guy I'd enjoy it. I mean, I guess it all depends on how he grabbed my butt too.
Mike: Who's the celebrity you would want to have sex with the most and why?

Gerard: The Queen of England(laughing)
Mike: Who in the band gets the most ladies?

Gerard: Uh, we're not really a lady-band. Ray is really the only single one. So I guess ray would be getting all the ladies.
Mike: If you could have sex with Paris Hilton, would you film it?

Gerard: Uh, no I wouldn't want anyone to know I did that.
Mike: Hypothetically, if you were to hook up with(kiss) any male celebrity who would it be?

Gerard: I guess I'd say Tobey Maguire, just 'cause he's Spider-Man.
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
August 22nd, 2005 at 01:17am
Haha,love it.
<3
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
August 22nd, 2005 at 01:26am
Ewww, paris hilton. What a ho.
Unknown Angel
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Unknown Angel
August 22nd, 2005 at 07:50pm
XxPoisoned_CookiexX:

Mike: Hypothetically, if you were to hook up with(kiss) any male celebrity who would it be?

Gerard: I guess I'd say Tobey Maguire, just 'cause he's Spider-Man.

Ha! Thats so funny
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
August 22nd, 2005 at 07:58pm
I still find the Gummie Bears hiliarious,Bob knows when to take charge...foo.
Cool
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:12pm
"Mike: Who in the band gets the most ladies?

Gerard: Uh, we're not really a lady-band. Ray is really the only single one. So I guess ray would be getting all the ladies. "

Omg. I really hope that interview is old.....
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:22pm
Mikey Lover:

Gerard: Uh, we're not really a lady-band. Ray is really the only single one. So I guess ray would be getting all the ladies. "

why?
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:26pm
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:

why?

Nevermind. -slaps self- STOP BEING OC* ABOUT MIKEY. >.<

*Obsessive Combulsive, i think its called....
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:27pm
Mikey Lover:
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:

why?

aye.. mikeys lovely Very Happy lol he put his arm around me, i think it was cause after i hugged him i wouldnt move for a while i just stood next to him so he just put his arm round me and started talking lol...
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:29pm
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:

why?

aye.. mikeys lovely Very Happy lol he put his arm around me, i think it was cause after i hugged him i wouldnt move for a while i just stood next to him so he just put his arm round me and started talking lol...

-SCREAM- GIVE ME DETAILS. -spazzes-
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:31pm
Mikey Lover:
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:

why?

lol that was pretty much it, i met all of them then after Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bob went and i stayed behind and had a beer and a chat with Frank Very Happy they are so fucking lovely, i swear, i have met ALOT of bands in my life and they have to be the best
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:33pm
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:

why?

lol that was pretty much it, i met all of them then after Gerard, Mikey, Ray and Bob went and i stayed behind and had a beer and a chat with Frank Very Happy they are so fucking lovely, i swear, i have met ALOT of bands in my life and they have to be the best

Wow. Beer? Oh yeeeah, in england you can drink in private residences right?
serene dream
Salute You in Your Grave
serene dream
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:35pm
Mikey Lover:

i dont know...

im 17, 3 months underage, that doesnt really matter and at festivals no-one cares Very Happy
Nikki.
Awake and Unafraid
Nikki.
August 22nd, 2005 at 08:36pm
serene_dream:
Mikey Lover:

i dont know...

im 17, 3 months underage, that doesnt really matter and at festivals no-one cares Very Happy

ROFL. Ohhh. I rememebr my friend beign 16, and in London she was allowed to drink but only in the house.
undesirables.
Salute You in Your Grave
undesirables.
August 24th, 2005 at 03:20pm
Oh gawd that made me nearly wet myself. xD
lshdfjKH
Star Crossed Lover
lshdfjKH
August 24th, 2005 at 03:39pm
Lilaxe:
Oh gawd that made me nearly wet myself. xD
\
Sweet.
Cool
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
Demolition Lover
XxPoisoned_CookiexX
August 25th, 2005 at 09:52pm
Chemical_Love
Killjoy
Chemical_Love
August 29th, 2005 at 02:32am
oh goodness...the 'skittle' inteview....best interview ever in the history of the world!!!
kueibe
Fabulous Killjoy
kueibe
September 1st, 2005 at 07:56am
i don't know you guys have watched it or not, but here is for those who haven't
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/alt/thelockup/interviews/chemicalromance_jan05.shtml