Don't have an account? Create one!

Leathermouth (Frank's Secret Side Band?)

AuthorMessage
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
August 4th, 2007 at 04:37pm
Frank's vocals are MUCH better in Leathermouth than in Pencey Prep, I think.

I'm SO damn excited about the album!! Hopefully there will be some way us UK folks can get it shipped over.
les sucettes.
In The Murder Scene
les sucettes.
August 4th, 2007 at 04:42pm
I gonna order it to Latvia. Shifty2
madison.
Salute You in Your Grave
madison.
August 4th, 2007 at 05:37pm
Bess is Yoda:
Frank's vocals are MUCH better in Leathermouth than in Pencey Prep, I think.

I'm SO damn excited about the album!! I need more material!
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
September 13th, 2007 at 12:47pm
THREAD RESURRECTION!

So the album should be finished this month and possibly released before the end of the year. Excited much?!
PrinceArthur.
Always Born a Crime
PrinceArthur.
September 13th, 2007 at 02:30pm
VERY EXCITED!!!!
I LOVE LATHERMOUTH!!
Frankies voice is so much better now!
it so Raw
and animalistic
Tehe
Lottie XXX
envy on the coast
Bleeding on the Floor
envy on the coast
September 14th, 2007 at 04:23am
Bess is Yoda:
THREAD RESURRECTION!

So the album should be finished this month and possibly released before the end of the year. Excited much?!

ASKJFEOIJ.
Really!?! Hell yes, I'm so excited. I've been waiting for this album for too long!
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
September 14th, 2007 at 11:11am
Knowing Iero’s true blue punk rock roots, it’s more than obvious why Leathermouth sounds the way it does. It is the complete opposite of My Chemical Romance. Upon hearing Leathermouth for the first time many don’t even realize that, it’s Frank Iero on the microphone screaming lyrics that can be considered apocalyptic, ranging from murder to arson, with lines from the song Murder Was The Case They Gave Me it’s easy to see that Mr. Iero is a little pissed off, "this one is for old times/ you’re so empty inside// you did this to yourself/ this is my counterstrike, right here my call to arms/ I’ve scarred my battle cry/ it’s search and destroy you fucking whore/ I’m burning down your house now/ hope to god you’re in your house.” When Iero is asked if ‘Murder Was The Case They Gave Me’, is written for anyone due to the song’s angry nature, there is a long, drawn out pause followed by a one word. “Yeah,” followed by another laugh. “Leathermouth is the anti My Chemical Romance. Leathermouth is the side of me that I’m not proud of, it’s the side of me that hold’s a grudge. Fuck people that say when someone hits you in the face just turn the other cheek, and Karma will get that person, but what if I am Karma? What if the buck stops with me? What if I’m supposed to put this person down? After all, I’m a fucking human being; I have hate, mistrust, and inadequacy. Sometimes you just want to take someone by the throat until their breath leaves their body.” Iero says on Leathermouth. “My dad describes it as nervous music.” Iero comments with a laugh. “He says it makes him nervous.”
One thing that My Chemical Romance fans won’t have to be nervous about is a break-up, just because Iero is off doing his own thing during the off time, MCR is his main priority. “My Chem is the main thing. When I’m busy with that, I put all the other things on the back burner. It’s my end all be all, it’s what I wake up for everyday. I’m so lucky to be in this band. But there’s also that side of you, that is that demon that needs to be released, and that’s Leathermouth.” Iero adds. Leathermouth consists of Bobbie Venom (guitar), Vincent Avarali (guitar), Andrew Escobar (bass) and Steve Oyola (drums) and is a completely different experience for Iero, who only writes lyrics and does vocals. “They write all the music, and sometimes I’m like, ‘I wouldn’t of thought of doing that, but that’s really cool.” Iero comments, “It’s just a different kind of experience.”
Leathermouth is hoping to finish up recording towards the end of September in a basement somewhere, similar to how the first MCR demo for I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love was recorded. As of yet, no producers have been mentioned, not even a title, but, there is a 26 minute horror film to go with the 11 song, 26 minute album, which will be released on Iero’s label, Skeleton Crew, sometime late 2007 or early 2008.

Full interview HERE.
envy on the coast
Bleeding on the Floor
envy on the coast
October 3rd, 2007 at 04:53am
bump.
I won't let this thread die!
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:00am
XD I hate to say it, but I despise them
The vocals are terrible. In every song I have all it is is shrilly screaming/talk-screaming.
It's like someone puked out a band. I know a lot of people who like them though...and they are huge Frankie fans..go figure. I hope Frank ditches this once MyChem starts up again.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 3rd, 2007 at 10:43am
^ LOL. I know it's your opinion just...LOL.

Frank posted this on S//C messageboard:

4th Letha-MOUTH! Is currently finishing recording this month and filming a
short (buckets O' blood) film to go along with the full-length...also there
is talk of a vinyl recording coming out previous to the full-length. Sounds
preeeetty cool hopefully this all goes according to plan.....man oh man how
do I get the inside Leathermouth scoop? I have no idea..

EXCITED OR WHAT?!
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
October 3rd, 2007 at 02:01pm
XD yeh. Fist off, im a choir girl, so decent vocals (UNLESS THEY ARE SONNYS) really matter to me...and usually, excess screaming does too.

They might be a good band to people who arn't so picky
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 3rd, 2007 at 04:37pm
You should probably check out another thread then =]
MJLS
Always Born a Crime
MJLS
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:35pm
Leathermouth is kinda awesome. I checked them out, partly because of Frank, but mainly because I want to know what kind of music S//C releases.

can I say I'm addicted to the currently released songs of Leathermouth? It's some good music, I admit it ^^ I always had a thing with screaming for some reason O.o

can't wait for the album, should be pretty rad =D
gerardmabbitt.
Salute You in Your Grave
gerardmabbitt.
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:39pm
I think they're are awesome.
I mean, i do only know about them because of Frank, but at first i thought they were a little too heavy for me, but i am getting to like them more. Very Happy
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 3rd, 2007 at 05:45pm
I am one of those extremely rare people who was a fan of Leathermouth before it was even confirmed Frank was in the band XD
MJLS
Always Born a Crime
MJLS
October 8th, 2007 at 12:02pm
yeah I think you are Bess ^^ xD
for reasons unknown
Awake and Unafraid
for reasons unknown
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:04am
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
XD I hate to say it, but I despise them
The vocals are terrible. In every song I have all it is is shrilly screaming/talk-screaming.
It's like someone puked out a band. I know a lot of people who like them though...and they are huge Frankie fans..go figure. I hope Frank ditches this once MyChem starts up again.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 22nd, 2007 at 11:09am
I wish I was at their show on Saturday night SO BADLY. It sounded like it was AMAZING. I'm going to search for videos of it on youtube XD
Lostinstereo_
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Lostinstereo_
October 22nd, 2007 at 02:23pm
VIDEOS =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ePe64YY7c&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHhtnrVePrI
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 22nd, 2007 at 03:57pm
I watched every single video on youtube that was recorded from that show XD