Don't have an account? Create one!

Leathermouth (Frank's Secret Side Band?)

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:15pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
XD I hate to say it, but I despise them. The vocals are terrible. In every song I have all it is is shrilly screaming/talk-screaming. It's like someone puked out a band. I know a lot of people who like them though...and they are huge Frankie fans..go figure. I hope Frank ditches this once MyChem starts up again.
You are of course entitled to your opinion, but since I am entitled to mine as well, I have to strongly disagree. Leathermouth is AMAZING live. No, it is NOT like going to a My Chem show (at least, not a post-Bullets one) but that's what makes it it and them them. And just because we knew who Frank was when the band got started (don't you think they all realize that already?) does not mean that they are unable to stand on their own merit, and from what I saw last night, that is not going to be a problem. Also, Frank has been involved with S/C and Leathermouth for over a year now. These are side projects of his that have nothing to do with whether or not he's busy with My Chem, similar to Gerard's involvement with TUA.

I dub this page: Leathermouth kicked my ass on Saturday, October 20, 2007
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:17pm
^ I agree totally, Deb. And for people to say that Leathermouth fans only like LM because of Frank, is retarded. I was a LM fan when Frank being in the band was merely a rumour that had never been confirmed. I was a fan before the identities of the members were even known. And even though the majority of people have found out about LM because of Frank, it doesn't mean that Frank is the only reason they're a fan. I know many people who are Frank-lovers who really dislike LM's music.

And by the way, you're SO damn lucky you got to see them live!!
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:39pm
Bess is Yoda:
^ I agree totally, Deb. And for people to say that Leathermouth fans only like LM because of Frank, is retarded. I was a LM fan when Frank being in the band was merely a rumour that had never been confirmed. I was a fan before the identities of the members were even known. And even though the majority of people have found out about LM because of Frank, it doesn't mean that Frank is the only reason they're a fan. I know many people who are Frank-lovers who really dislike LM's music.

And by the way, you're SO damn lucky you got to see them live!!
Bess, I KNOW!!! I got really lucky because the show was totally sold out and I just decided "Fuck it; I'm going anyhow; maybe I'll score one" and ended up getting a huge hand-up from venue security. I owe those people my life right now; I'm thinking fruit basket.

I think YOU'RE lucky because you discovered them so much sooner than I did (then again, that also applies to My Chem.) I must say that the band really BRINGS it - they brought those songs to life for us up there and I am beyond stoked for the cd now, because we were treated to previously unheard tracks!

btw I also love Pencey. I suppose this means that I am only capable of enjoying anything musically that involves an MCR bandmember eh, Die Die Die? Oh but then how do you explain the presence of over a hundred other bands on my iTunes that have nothing to do with them? Oh, did I even know there was music prior to this year? Rolling Eyes Sorry to be sarcastic here, but you have to learn to give people a bit more credit, especially in here. Despite our reputation (at times deserved) we're a smart and independent bunch.
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 22nd, 2007 at 05:47pm
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
Bess, I KNOW!!! I got really lucky because the show was totally sold out and I just decided "Fuck it; I'm going anyhow; maybe I'll score one" and ended up getting a huge hand-up from venue security. I owe those people my life right now; I'm thinking fruit basket.

I think YOU'RE lucky because you discovered them so much sooner than I did (then again, that also applies to My Chem.) I must say that the band really BRINGS it - they brought those songs to life for us up there and I am beyond stoked for the cd now, because we were treated to previously unheard tracks!

Oh man, that just makes you extra lucky, being able to score a ticket like that XD I've watched the videos on youtube [they're very dark so I can't see much], but it sounded AMAZING. I wish I lived in NY so I could have gone. I can only hope they'll play a show like that somewhere in the UK, but I don't bank on that happening any time soon.

I can't wait for the CD either, it seriously feels like I've been waiting a lifetime for it. How did the new songs sound? They sounded amazing from what I can tell from the videos on youtube, but I know nothing beats the sound of them when you're actually there, hearing them live for yourself. I also read a report by some girl who said that Frank was grabbing random heads in the crowd, and getting them to scream with him. That is SO fucking amazing.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 23rd, 2007 at 06:03am
Bess is Yoda:
Oh man, that just makes you extra lucky, being able to score a ticket like that XD I've watched the videos on youtube [they're very dark so I can't see much], but it sounded AMAZING. I wish I lived in NY so I could have gone. I can only hope they'll play a show like that somewhere in the UK, but I don't bank on that happening any time soon.

I can't wait for the CD either, it seriously feels like I've been waiting a lifetime for it. How did the new songs sound? They sounded amazing from what I can tell from the videos on youtube, but I know nothing beats the sound of them when you're actually there, hearing them live for yourself. I also read a report by some girl who said that Frank was grabbing random heads in the crowd, and getting them to scream with him. That is SO fucking amazing.

Ummm yeah Frank actually knocked my contact lens out with his mic LMAO Going with the luck of the night, it somehow landed on my fingertip and I was able to get it back into my eye WITHOUT being blinded (and this is DURING the set, mind you!) You could say there was plenty of contact from Frank. It was a teeny tiny place and we were a teeny tiny crowd, so I guess he figured fuck it. The stage was only about half a foot off the floor, max.

Awww that DOES suck that one of your favorite bands is an ocean away and still in indie status. Eh, who knows, LM could wind up on a festival tour.

The new songs were INCREDIBLE! I know the vids were dark as shit. I'm sorry I couldn't help any because a) I'm fucking retarded when it comes to operating a digital camera and b) Um I don't think I would've succeeded in filming much due to the proximity.

I don't know what to be more psyched for: the special edition vinyl, the vid, or the fucking cd!
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 23rd, 2007 at 11:16am
keve'sLadyofSorrows:
Ummm yeah Frank actually knocked my contact lens out with his mic LMAO Going with the luck of the night, it somehow landed on my fingertip and I was able to get it back into my eye WITHOUT being blinded (and this is DURING the set, mind you!) You could say there was plenty of contact from Frank. It was a teeny tiny place and we were a teeny tiny crowd, so I guess he figured fuck it. The stage was only about half a foot off the floor, max.

Awww that DOES suck that one of your favorite bands is an ocean away and still in indie status. Eh, who knows, LM could wind up on a festival tour.

The new songs were INCREDIBLE! I know the vids were dark as shit. I'm sorry I couldn't help any because a) I'm fucking retarded when it comes to operating a digital camera and b) Um I don't think I would've succeeded in filming much due to the proximity.

I don't know what to be more psyched for: the special edition vinyl, the vid, or the fucking cd!

OMG, he knocked your contact lens out XD that's hilarious, and the chances of you actually catching it on your finger...well, you just keep getting luckier and luckier XD I LOVE gigs like that, when they're so intimate, and you have loads of special moments with members of the bands. It was like that when I saw MSI a couple of weeks ago, but to be like that with Leathermouth...WOW. I seriously think I would pass out or something.

I would fucking love it if LM turned up at some festival here. I'd travel anywhere to see them, literally. Did Frank make an entertaining frontman? What kind of frontman was he like? I'm so interested XD

I think the album will be insane. I am so, so SO fucking excited about it. I really hope it's not hard to get my hands on here in the UK. I've been waiting long enough!
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
October 23rd, 2007 at 04:43pm
its secret?
Bess is Yoda
In The Murder Scene
Bess is Yoda
October 23rd, 2007 at 05:40pm
Bob.:
its secret?

What's a secret? If you're referring to the title of this thread ["Leathermouth (Frank's Secret Side Band?)"] then it is no longer a secret. When the thread was formed though, nobody knew for sure who ANY of the members of Leathermouth were, and it was merely speculated that Frank was involved.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
October 23rd, 2007 at 08:33pm
Bess is Yoda:
OMG, he knocked your contact lens out XD that's hilarious, and the chances of you actually catching it on your finger...well, you just keep getting luckier and luckier XD I LOVE gigs like that, when they're so intimate, and you have loads of special moments with members of the bands. It was like that when I saw MSI a couple of weeks ago, but to be like that with Leathermouth...WOW. I seriously think I would pass out or something.

I would fucking love it if LM turned up at some festival here. I'd travel anywhere to see them, literally. Did Frank make an entertaining frontman? What kind of frontman was he like? I'm so interested XD

I think the album will be insane. I am so, so SO fucking excited about it. I really hope it's not hard to get my hands on here in the UK. I've been waiting long enough!

Yeah I think someone up there loves me lately, and I am extremely grateful for that. I suppose I've had a lot of really crappy years, and I finally got one back or something. Ha! I told Frank what had happened and he too was amazed that I caught it. Someone on the S/C board said that that incident was "so rock and roll" and I have to agree LMAO

Hmm what kind of frontman is Frank and was he entertaining? WELL! LOL if you consider a person who is essentially hopping all over you and screaming into your fucking face entertaining, then I'd say hell yeah Very Happy Obviously the stage was too small for him to do any sort of bouncing around on like he'd normally do, so I guess he figured "Fuck why not just take it out on the crowd?"

So what was your show with MSI like? Did you post that in the MSI thread? I'm curious. Lyn-Z is a sweetheart offstage, I know that much. Gerard wasn't at your show, are you sure? Could he have just been hiding?

Here's hoping LM hops onto something for you guys!
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
May 27th, 2008 at 08:48pm
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
May 28th, 2008 at 07:32pm
DIE! DIE! DIE!:
I know a lot of people who like them though...and they are huge Frankie fans..go figure.

i know the common misconception is that the only people who like LM are major Frank fangirls but thats not entirely true. i love LM and Frank isnt even my fave member of MCR. i dont even think hes that attractive (no offense lol) but after i saw a video of LM playing live, i was sold. i didnt even like them to begin with but now i love them because their great performers.
NachaCyanide
Thinking Happy Thoughts
NachaCyanide
May 28th, 2008 at 11:04pm
i really love Frank's screams, i dont know, and the lyrics are pretty amazing
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
May 29th, 2008 at 12:38am
Another video of the awesome Leathermouth!

Nutella With Forks
Motor Baby
Nutella With Forks
May 29th, 2008 at 02:32pm
^
Wow. That looks fucking amazing.
LM are class. Not your common shit... Amazing.
;D

The drummer is class!
We Are The Ocean
Salute You in Your Grave
We Are The Ocean
May 29th, 2008 at 03:28pm
I love Leathermouth now, but only from about 4 months ago, I used to despise them. But I like this type of music more now. Very Happy
They sound great live, I love those videos. I can't wait for the album.
nissar_
In The Murder Scene
nissar_
May 31st, 2008 at 09:05am
Is it true their album comes out in October? Thats what I keep hearing.
Day Old Hate
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Day Old Hate
May 31st, 2008 at 10:44am
^^I haven't heard anything but I hope so.
We have been waiting for ages!
eileen vulgaris
Awake and Unafraid
eileen vulgaris
May 31st, 2008 at 03:32pm
god,
it would be awesome if their album comes out in october.
i really really like Leathermouth.
this type of music is rad and i would love to see them live someday...
Spiritual Adviser .
Joining The Black Parade
Spiritual Adviser .
June 1st, 2008 at 12:46pm
This band rocks <3
I'd really love to have the album for october *-*
I think this is Frankie's kind of favourite music
haleybrooke
Bleeding on the Floor
haleybrooke
June 25th, 2008 at 03:30pm
New Leathermouth tour w/ Reggie and the Full Effect.
Who's going?
I'll be at the first show---August 20 at The Social in orlando.

Does anyone have MP3's they can email to me of any Leathermouth songs?
I love what I hear, but I only have two songs of theirs (plus the live versions of those songs) on my Ipod.
I have Body Snatchers Forever and Murder Was the Case That They Gave Me.
If anyone has any other Leathermouth songs, I would be FOREVER GRATEFUl to you if you could email the MP3's to me.
My email is TrashedCouture@Yahoo.com