schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 8th, 2009 at 07:58pm
Thank you! (:

New blog from Adam;

"lazy sunday
posted on 08 Mar 2009 by: adam

it has been quite a while oh loyal website journal. you have been missed.
newagain is coming so soon now. the waiting is enough to break a man, i'll tell you what...
but on a more serious note, i like to keep personal matters private for obvious reasons but there is this one thing that makes my stomach turn, i rarely pay attention to the rumor forums floating about the internet however in googling my baby's name out of curiosity i stumbled across a few entries that leave an awful taste in my mouth. as it seems, when i got married last year certain people took it upon themselves to spread decaying rumors claiming that i cheated on my former girlfriend with my, now, wife. they set out to make me, and her, look bad, pulling accusations out of thin air, to put it simply, lying. why someone would do this is beyond me. typing my son's name into a search engine and having these lies attached somehow to his name is shameful. like i said, it makes my stomach turn. the only truth in any of those rumors was that they were lies.
i feel a little hesitant typing this in takingbacksunday's journal, i admit, but it had just gone to far. so in attempt to set the record straight, there you go.
blog on brothers and sisters, blog on."

aw. ):
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 8th, 2009 at 09:41pm
AWW, ADAM. D:
That's really upsetting. Aww, I feel so bad.

SO HAPPIER NOTE NOW, YES?
http://www.myspace.com/50thcovered
You can go there and check out Taking Back Sunday's cover of "You Wreck Me."
It's pretty nasty. (HOLY CRAP, SO IS THE USED'S ONE.)
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 9th, 2009 at 09:39pm
^ Oh, I know, I know! :D

AND OMG I'M SO EXCITED. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT JUNE 2ND IS.
I'm like, 99% sure that it's probably the release date for New Again.
:DD
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 9th, 2009 at 10:37pm
IT BETTER BE.
My birthday is a week after, that would be the best birthday present everrrr. <3
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 9th, 2009 at 11:39pm
And I love how the 152 is in the dice. (:
Cleverrrr.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 10th, 2009 at 08:32am
I noticed that too. x]
o mareh?
Demolition Lover
o mareh?
March 10th, 2009 at 06:01pm
Whoa, where the HELL have I been!?
I totally didn't know that the baby was born yet. xD

Aww, but now that I know, I'm totally happy. Such a cute name.

AND I'M HOPING THAT THAT IS THE RELEASE DATE.
So stoked.

I'm even more stoked for our boys to announce the new tourrrr.(:
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 10th, 2009 at 08:14pm
OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
I AM SO FRIGGIN EXCITED, MAN. OH MY GOD. THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 10th, 2009 at 08:25pm
sorry for the page-stretch. x]

I just signed up for the mobile mailing list. You can do that here.
:D
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 10th, 2009 at 09:40pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT RUBANO YOU SEXY MAN YOU. <3 <3 <3
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 10th, 2009 at 09:56pm
Somebody submitted this to ap.net:

"At the Thursday show in Cleveland today, I talked to Eddie Reyes, guitarist of Taking Back Sunday. He confirmed that the album is "completely done." It's written, recorded, mixed and finished. He expects it to drop in May. (Not sure if that's news or that it was already on the release calendar.)

Reyes also told me that the new record will be "like 'Tell All Your Friends' but heavier." Yes, I'm dead serious, that was a word for word quote. He claimed it will be much heavier than the last two records, mostly up-tempo and faster (with the exception of a few songs) and the best record for die-hard fans since TAYF.

If you post this, I will also comment in the thread and tell some more interesting details about tentative touring plans (that AP.net would love!), and specific reasons why the band consciously altered their sound. (Hint: It might have something to do with all the terrible pop-punk wanna-be bands coming up right now...)

If you're wondering why Reyes was at the show, it's because his family lives in Ohio and he came to visit his friends in Thursday. Thanks."
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 10th, 2009 at 10:06pm
The original poster also said this later on in the thread.
"Part of the reason for this is the band wants to distance themselves from some of the bands out there right now. Basically, the band told the record label that they didn't want to be lumped in with so many shitty pop scene bands that are blowing up right now. (My words, not an exact quote from him.) They want to separate themselves, because they've always considered themselves a heavier band.

Reyes told me this: He's been doing this (playing in a band) for over 20 years. TBS has always done what they wanted, not what everyone else wants. He thinks that *(and I agree)* some of these bands are coming up, ripping off/dumbing down old TBS songs for a cash grab. "Those bands don't represent my scene and never will. We hope to write songs we love and we believe in, and we think this is the right direction for us to go.

Eddie also called Tom after he heard about the Blink reunion and offered to open. They joked about it, but Eddie didn't seem to expect it to happen."

Somebody who interviewed Matt: "And Matt (Rubano), you can kind of speak for the band here, but how is the writing process with the addition of Matt Fazzi?
Matt Rubano: As far as it is different for me and Matt, we did start doing some writing for the record before Matt joined the band. When Matt joined, we took another look at those songs, and it was a very reactive thing, our song writing process now, and in the past as well. But now, it’s very much like each of us going off of one another’s ideas. Sometimes, someone brings in something that is whole leaf form, sometimes it is like a seed being planted that everyone helps cultivate. But like I said before, the thing that makes it really great, is the crazier ideas are the cooler songs. I think the things that are like “WHOA, what if we were to do this?” is where the frontier really is, and Matt is all about going there, which makes all of us want to do that as well. Not to say that we are stuck in a rut, but at times, it takes someone who is totally down to leap over the fence and say “let’s try it over here”, in order to realize we can totally do whatever we want, and we can write anything. And that spirit definitely comes through in this record and like I said, it’s all held together in this common thread that is essentially Adam’s voice."

kjdshfjksd. I totally agree. I hate the bands that are out right now. I really believe that this new record will be another breakthrough for Taking Back Sunday. <3
I'm so excited. AAHHH AND IF THEY COME TO JERSEY AFTER MY BIRTHDAY, I'LL BE ABLE TO /DRIVE/ TO IT.
OH I AM SO HAPPY.

WHO IS EXCIIIIIIIIITED?

Edit: MORE! This was posted on LJ.
SO Guys
this is a little late (two days, well actually 3, havent had time to get online)
My close freind and his dad went to hollywood this weekend
He said he went into a Journeys store and that they are doing an album promos with New Again
he said that the song was "New Again" with a video of them playing it
he said he thought it might be a music video, but he wasn't sure
When i was going to post this 3 days ago i was gonna say "album date is chronologicaly next
but TBS beat me to the punch! haha
Point being
TBS is doing album promos and possibly a music video for New Again

AHH.
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 11th, 2009 at 03:53pm
haha, I had no idea it was Matt's birthday yesterday. xp

I also agree with what that person said and Collen.
BUT OH MAN. I AM EVEN MORE EXCITED NOW.
AND THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME, COLLEEN!

CHYAAAAA.
:DDD
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 11th, 2009 at 09:48pm
Hmmm. Bottom left hand corner. Possible album cover?
(Taken from LJ)
deafening_silence
Thinking Happy Thoughts
deafening_silence
March 11th, 2009 at 10:24pm
hmm very possible. =)
i can't wait to see 'em again!
when they played a few new tracks, some of them were really good.
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 12th, 2009 at 09:31pm
Two new entries from Mr. Rubano. <3
Aw shucks
posted on 11 Mar 2009 by: matt r

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for wishing me a happy birthday. You are all very thoughtful and it made my day even better. It was a big day not only because I achieved another year of existence but I got to hear the first, final, mastered copy of NEW AGAIN. Best self made present ever.

we cannot wait for you to hear it

Older Now,
M

-----------
I don't know why this one was posted now, the date says 28 December...
Oh the weather outside is crappy...
posted on 25 Dec 2008 by: matt r

But I am very happy.

Thanks to everyone who came out to our mini US tour over the last few weeks. It was great to see all of you and as Ive said before, this is only the beginning of the touring for New Again. We also wanted to say thank you for all of your comments on 'Carpathia'. We have been so anxious for you to hear our new music and we're psyched you liked the first taste. We're always going to be moving forward with our music and to have all of you making the journey with us is really special.

Not gonna lie, 2008 was a strange mixture of shit-tastical suckiness and unparalleled inspiration and hope for us. We learned a lot and gained an incredible new band member. 2009 cant come quickly enough as we have a lot of exciting things on the horizon.

So to every one of our friends and family new and old- whatever holiday you celebrate, enjoy it.
M
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
March 12th, 2009 at 09:36pm
So some people have been saying that they have heard New Again playing at Journey's shoes!
I don't know if this is true, but they are so lucky to hear it. I want to go to the mall and ask, but it's a good hour away and I hiiiighly doubt my mother will want to take me. ):
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 13th, 2009 at 04:54pm
Must've been a glitch or something on their website. x]

I'll probably go to Journeys this weekend and ask.
:D
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
March 14th, 2009 at 09:52am
Tiny snippet of New Again!
Sounds pretty damn awesome. :D

I can't wait to see the new website and of course hear the rest of the album.
June 2nd can't come soon enough!