Don't have an account? Create one!

Taking Back Sunday

AuthorMessage
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
June 6th, 2009 at 04:54pm
thank you colleen. (:

im happy you had the best time! : D lmao, how cant you have a crush on fazzi. <3
schmetallica.
Shotgun Sinner
schmetallica.
June 17th, 2009 at 12:17pm
I agree, Mary. After seeing Fazzi in person... <3

OKAY SO HERE WE GO.
I feel the need to write this all down because it was just so amazing.
Well, we got there about three hours early (which was a good time because the people who came as the doors were opening ended up having to wait in line for a couple hours) and Mark happened to be walking in the bus a small distance away so we exchanged "hi"s and waves. (: Also, I think some people actually missed Envy on the Coast's set and part of Anberlin's set because it wasn't full until Anberlin was over.
But I ended up getting right behind this girl who was shorter than me on the barricade right in front of Fazzi which was just awesome considering I started out closer to the back. :D
I'm having a mind blank and can't remember their opening song... but during the second one the power went out in the middle of it for a couple minutes which was hilarious. My dad was waiting outside and said a car hit a pole and heard the music stop and the lights go off. xD Adam said that has never happened before and joked about seeing how many times we could do it again.
Jeeeeez I can't believe how awesome that night was. I love how they switched back and forth between old and new songs. I think my favorite was You're So Last Summer. Everyone went insane during that and it was just ugh. <3
I was so close to getting Fazzi's pick and the setlist, too. But my arms were too short so pfft. This drunk guy came up to me though after the girl grabbed the setlist and was yelling at me to "JUST RIP IT.... RIP IT OUT OF HER HAANNDSSSSSS!"
Walking back to the car afterward, we went past the bus and Ed walked out and I was so surprised that I just froze and waved and said hi really loudly. He smiled and said hi back. BUT UGH I wanted to stay out and wait to meet the band, but I was just so exhausted and could barely stand up so I just left.
Surprisingly enough, though, I'm fine with not meeting them. I mean, I would've have really loved to, but the concert was just so amazing it's no big deal.
I can't wait until the girl who I was pretty much on top of the whole time uploads her videos/pictures somewhere. She had her camera out the entire time and got some really great stuff.
Gosh, that was long.
OH, and I got the yellow "I used to be in Taking Back Sunday" shirt.
I'm actually wearing it right now along with the wristband from last night. xD
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
June 17th, 2009 at 07:59pm
seeing them on saturday. so freakin excited!!
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
June 19th, 2009 at 07:41am

i love taking back sunday so much.
new again is <33333.
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
June 19th, 2009 at 01:12pm
tomorrow!!!!!!
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
June 23rd, 2009 at 11:52pm
That's awesome, Lauren! <333 I'm so glad you had fun. (: I have the "I used to be in Taking Back Sunday" shirt, too!

I went to see them in Philly on Saturday. They seriously get better and better every time I see them. I met them all and they all remembered me, it was really nice. Fazzi and I talked for a really long time, he's SUCH A SWEETHEART. He has a tattoo of his old band's logo (Facing New York) an I asked what the tattoo was and he was like "Oh! It's a piece of toast." and I was kinda like "...Oh... |:" but then he laughed and explained to me that it really wasn't but another fan thought it was. My friend gave him a little Star Trek toy and he was pretty exicted and kept showing it to the dudes in Anberlin.
Chris from MARRS ATTACKS! was there and he gav me a signed Disney princess photo album from them. It was real sweet of him. <3
I also got to meet Isaac for the first time. He knew me, too. The first thing he says is "HEY! We SO follow each other on Twitter!" It was pretty cute.

But as we were leaving, Adam got punched in the face by some drunk dudes. I went back over to go see if he was okay, but the cops were there and arrested those guys. Stephen from Anberlin (who is possibly the nicest dude EVER) was fuming. I was scared and left because I was having an anxiety attack.
His nose isn't broken. But I'm not sure if he's all right. They cancelled the show tonight in Toronto because of "medical emergencies". And Misha (Adam's wife) tweeted saying that she wished she was in Toronto and that she was stressed out. So I think it may have to do with Adam. Not with his nose, though. It's not broken.
I'm supposed to see them tomorrow and for the rest of the US tour until Saturday. I hope every one is all right....
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 8th, 2009 at 05:34pm

i'm seeing them august 2nd. :')
<33
The Ashcroft Moon
Bleeding on the Floor
The Ashcroft Moon
July 19th, 2009 at 06:52pm
I saw them at give it a name in manc for the first time. They were so amazing and played loads of old stuff so I was very pleased.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 21st, 2009 at 11:39am
How much have Taking Back Sunday's ticket prices been in the US for their current tour? I can't find anything besides foreign prices on their site.

Also:
- What merch are they selling and how much was it (for like, hoodies and shirts, i don't really care about the other stuff)

- what has their set list been? (i want to know because my boyfriend will whine if there's no older stuff; i'm dragging him with me)

- any tips for meeting them?

- who are the supporting bands? will it be Anberlin and Marrs Attacks! still?

I want to go to their 8/18 show in Buffalo and I'm curious, haha. I don't know that much about the tour (I didn't think they were coming around here) and I thought someone in here would know.
Enter Shikari
Always Born a Crime
Enter Shikari
July 24th, 2009 at 06:45pm
I'm seeing them on SundayWow
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
July 26th, 2009 at 10:04pm
gnihsams snikpmup.:
How much have Taking Back Sunday's ticket prices been in the US for their current tour? I can't find anything besides foreign prices on their site.

Also:
- What merch are they selling and how much was it (for like, hoodies and shirts, i don't really care about the other stuff)

- what has their set list been? (i want to know because my boyfriend will whine if there's no older stuff; i'm dragging him with me)

- any tips for meeting them?

- who are the supporting bands? will it be Anberlin and Marrs Attacks! still?

I want to go to their 8/18 show in Buffalo and I'm curious, haha. I don't know that much about the tour (I didn't think they were coming around here) and I thought someone in here would know.

1. Tickets for me were between $25-$35. I went to seven of the shows this tour.

2. Merch- "I used to be in Taking Back Sunday" shirt, a robot shirt, a shirt with a heart and headphones, a purple unicorn bag, a white unicorn hoodie, uhhh... that's all I can remember. OH! And air-fresheners for your car. THEY SMELL AMAZING. Shirts are $20, hoodies $40, air-freshener $3? and bag $10? I think?

3. They play old and new songs. They will NEVER EVER play No I in Team, so if that was his favourite, I'm sorry. D: They end with Everything Must Go and oh my god, it's so moving. I can't remember the setlist. D:

4. It's very easy to meet them! I met them seven nights in a row and they are the NICEST guys ever. Just go around back and usually Fazzi is chilling out. He loves to meet the fans. It takes a while for Adam to come out, he was always the last one. Eddie and Mark don't stay out for too long either. But they all are the best guys you'll ever meet. Fazzi likes to joke around and tease everyone has Mark has the funniest stories to tell.
Now, I've never been to Buffalo so I'm not sure about the security but hopefully you'll get to meet them. Most people don't think to go back because 1: they think there will be too many people or 2: they're older and don't care so much to meet the band. There were only about an average of 15 people waiting around so there are no screaming 13 year old fans like some bands have -cough-.

5. Haha, Marrs Attacks isn't a band. Chris Marrs Piliero is a friend photographer/blogger who runs a website/webshow. He's a really chill guy, we talk every day. He lives in California so I doubt he'll be there. He filmed the DVD in the New Again CD and did a documentary called Ready To Be New Again. He also did some stuff for Louder Now: Parttwo and is currently doing some more Taking Back Sunday stuff. The supporting bands for the New Again tour were Envy on the Coast and Anberlin. I wanna say Anberlin is coming back but I'm not sure... They were so good, both bands did an amazing job at pumping up the bands. Envy in my opinion was amazing, but they're a small band and not many people know their music.

I hope that helps! I pretty much typed out a chapter out of a novel but it's all goooood. (:
Enter Shikari
Always Born a Crime
Enter Shikari
July 27th, 2009 at 09:47am
I met Fazzi, Eddie, Matt and AdamWow
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
July 27th, 2009 at 11:15am
Yaaaaaaaay! Congrats! :D
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 27th, 2009 at 12:35pm
on letting go.:
that helped so much, thanks. =D
I've never been to a headlining concert (only to warped) so i wasn't sure on the whole meeting thing.

and lol, sorry about the whole: "marrs attacks!" thing. I feel stupid, haha.
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
July 28th, 2009 at 02:47pm
Well Naomi and I went last night to see em in Belfast, I had a fantastic time, the gig was brilliant, they even played 20 20 surgery cos they asked near the very end was there anything anyone wanted to hear and some girl asked them to play that lol.
Met the whole band afterwards & they chatted and had a laugh and were generally just really lovely. All willing to stand and have a chat at 1am and sign whatever people asked them to no problem. They all signed my ticket so that made me happier than i already was!

Wee Fazzi broke his foot on Sunday night at the gig in Dublin so bless him he played with his foot in plaster and wearing a moonboot thing so he could stand, didn't stop him playing and having a great time though!

My ears are still not back to normal yet!

To anyone who is undecided about going to see them, i would say you'd be mad not to go!
Enter Shikari
Always Born a Crime
Enter Shikari
July 30th, 2009 at 05:13pm
Fazzi broke his foot in Dublin?
I don't remember that xD

That really are the nicest guys ever, Adam accused me of being drunk xD
SpreadLegsNotLies
Bleeding on the Floor
SpreadLegsNotLies
July 31st, 2009 at 04:51am
Going to see them next thursday and I'm so exited... I've seen them for the first time at GIAN in Cologne and they're all soooo nice and sweet...
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
July 31st, 2009 at 08:32pm

sunday!!!!!
not long now!!!!!

-ded-

omg ahaha fazzi's twitter about having Sainsbury's doughnuts.
i was like omg i have them all the time dude.
weirded me out to think they're actually here in the UK now.

SO. EXCITED.
on letting go.
Awake and Unafraid
on letting go.
August 1st, 2009 at 05:03pm
SERIOUSLY I AM SO EXCITED FOR EVERYONE WHO IS GOING TO SEE THEM. <3

And I hope Fazzi gets well soon. Hahah I want to sign his cast. He signed my air cast back at Bamboozle and now I want to sign his!
the sharpest lives.
Shotgun Sinner
the sharpest lives.
August 1st, 2009 at 05:22pm
I'm seeing them on the 14th!
I'm so fucking excited! I love TBS sooooo much!
One of the best bands. Ever.
It's my first time seeing them, so I'm REALLY pumped.
Eeeeek!
Dance