Concert draws serious music fans n teeny-bopper alike uh oh

AuthorMessage
Alternative Amy
Bleeding on the Floor
Alternative Amy
September 23rd, 2005 at 09:58am
kueibe:
punxforlife_1:
just hope a teenie doesnt try to fight you for a front row spot at the next show you go to
ummmm,,,, i guess it is the most annoying part --___-- cos they always do that and they alway win *coz most of them are REAL bitch* but i would try my best to beat them for MCR Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

someone tried pushing on me to get me to leave the gate when i saw the used, so i stood on her feet with all my weight, then i dug my heel into her shin (converses hurt ppl)
Alternative Amy
Bleeding on the Floor
Alternative Amy
September 23rd, 2005 at 09:59am
at the warped tour when Gerard had all the kids take '3 fuckin steps back' some girl went 'GERARD I WANN HAVEYOUR BABIES!!!!!!' i wanted to punch her really hard
kueibe
Fabulous Killjoy
kueibe
September 23rd, 2005 at 11:22am
punxforlife_1:
kueibe:
punxforlife_1:
just hope a teenie doesnt try to fight you for a front row spot at the next show you go to
ummmm,,,, i guess it is the most annoying part --___-- cos they always do that and they alway win *coz most of them are REAL bitch* but i would try my best to beat them for MCR Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

someone tried pushing on me to get me to leave the gate when i saw the used, so i stood on her feet with all my weight, then i dug my heel into her shin (converses hurt ppl)

man! you rule Laughing Cool i've oce dug my heel into a bitch when i'was wearing Dr, Martin Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil sure converses all hurt!! hahaha
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
September 23rd, 2005 at 12:47pm
I have no idea what its like at the high schools here (Graduated already) but my sister tells me that noone here really knows who they are...as I'm about to leave...
Our radio station JUST picked them up and they have to go thro a week of 'cock fights' aagainst other songs to make it on the radio the whole time...stupid rock station
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 23rd, 2005 at 03:05pm
kueibe:
hello_angel112:
im soooo tired of these girls at my school bein all like 'SO LONG AND GOODNIGHT!!!!SO LONG NOT GOODNIGHTTT' it fucking pisses me off.
god damn if ur gonna sing a song, sing the right words. and like this girl (not nameing anyone) shes like 'OMFG gerards SO hot if he werent part of the band there would be no hotness' and she also added that she doesnt really like the music, she likes gerard.'
i mean WTF. maybe im just way over obsessed.

WTF??!! i would like to suggest you to kick here ass off !FUCK! what's mean by no hotness??!!what's mean for her to like MCR just for Gerard??but not their music!! that piss me off!!!if you're over obsessed(well actually i don't think so!) so am I !! Twisted Evil

OMG i KNOWWWW
shes such a BITCH
i hate her
with a firey passion.
ok well ima go kick her ass now
Twisted Evil
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
September 23rd, 2005 at 07:53pm
hello_angel112:
im soooo tired of these girls at my school bein all like 'SO LONG AND GOODNIGHT!!!!SO LONG NOT GOODNIGHTTT' it fucking pisses me off.
god damn if ur gonna sing a song, sing the right words. and like this girl (not nameing anyone) shes like 'OMFG gerards SO hot if he werent part of the band there would be no hotness' and she also added that she
doesnt really like the music, she likes gerard.'
i mean WTF. i was like screaming at her for an hour.
damn teenies.
i know all, i mean ALL of the songs mcr has wirtten, and im sure all of u do too. to me, if u havent been there since 'i brought you my bullets, you brought me your love' then ur a teenie. but thats just me.....lol
and 1 more thing i have to say..these teenies at my school call the band MCR. not my chemical romance, but MCR. in my opinion, that sounds so poser-ish. idk
maybe im just way over obsessed.
that's not true. i had only only heard of im not okay a couple of months back and im not a teenie.
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 24th, 2005 at 10:07am
whispering the melody:
hello_angel112:
god damn if ur gonna sing a song, sing the right words. and like this girl (not nameing anyone) shes like 'OMFG gerards SO hot if he werent part of the band there would be no hotness' and she also added that she
doesnt really like the music, she likes gerard.'
i mean WTF. i was like screaming at her for an hour.
damn teenies.
i know all, i mean ALL of the songs mcr has wirtten, and im sure all of u do too. to me, if u havent been there since 'i brought you my bullets, you brought me your love' then ur a teenie. but thats just me.....lol
and 1 more thing i have to say..these teenies at my school call the band MCR. not my chemical romance, but MCR. in my opinion, that sounds so poser-ish. idk
maybe im just way over obsessed.
that's not true. i had only only heard of im not okay a couple of months back and im not a teenie.

thats true...i shouldve thought bout that b4 i wrote it lol. sry
i didnt mean to like insult any1
okay every1 just ignore that i said that okay? okay.
lol
amidark
Jazz Hands
amidark
September 24th, 2005 at 10:49am
stormy:
Concert draws serious music fans and teeny-bopper alike

New Jersey quintet My Chemical Romance is one of the leading bands bringing emo music to the mainstream. For the over-40 set, emo is short for "emotional," and emo music refers to mostly heavy music with depressing, woe-is-me lyrics that are often shouted, wailed and/or screamed (hence the sub-genre screamo).

Saturday night My Chemical Romance brought their fall tour to the Eastern Michigan University Convocation Center in Ypsilanti. At the concert it was clear that along with being a popular emo band that is plastered all over radio and MTV, comes the risk of treading into teeny-bopper territory. This is the case with MCR, in spite of their dark image, bad boy behavior and penchant for all things morbid and desolate. Case in point: a giant banner hung over the side of the upper bowl that read "I *heart* MCR" - not typical for what is, for all intents and purposes, a hard rock concert.

At it's peak the concert was 90 per cent full, with vast majority of the crowd being college-age or younger. There was the requisite number of sullen-looking kids in black t-shirts and eyeliner, but also a number of teenage girls who wouldn't have looked a bit out of place at a Britney Spears concert.

"I really like their songs," said Sarah Shaker, 18, who was sporting a homemade tank top that read "I *heart* Gerard Way," who is the lead singer. "And Gerard Way is hot," she adds, giggling with her friends.

Besides being hot, former alcoholic and drug abuser Way is also in complete command of the stage. Now sober, Way's stage presence was demanding and intriguing. The band's energy was infectious and the musicianship was stellar, with face-melting solos and effusive drumbeats.

Two towering church chapel-shaped screens were set up on each side of the stage which showed images of stained glass windows and biblical paintings. This was inspired by the MCR's hit video for their thundering single "Helena," which takes place at a funeral service. To add to the moment, singer Way donned a priest's collar, and for added flair dropped the f-bomb between almost every song. Early on in the set, Way gave a shout-out to a group of guys in the middle of the mosh pit who were flipping the band the finger.

"Yeah, you guys can wait outside for your girlfriends after the show."

The band played mostly songs from their hit album "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge," which, after a year on the charts, is climbing due to the success of their second single "Helena." My Chemical Romance opened the set with "Thank You for the Venom," and they didn't make the frenzied crowd wait long to hear the hit "Helena," with a sing-along chorus that is so darn "emo" you can't help but wail along. After an encore they closed the night with their first and less popular single "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)."

Touring mates Reggie and the Full Effect and especially Alkaline Trio helped the draw. Alkaline Trio's musical and vocal prowess has vastly improved since their days headlining St. Andrew's Hall, but the band's overall sound was hindered by a bad sound mix that had the piano blaring and the guitars not loud enough. With a far more modest stage set up than the headliner, The Chicago group played just a dozen songs, with less than half being from their latest album "Crimson." The band did pull out a few tracks from their first release on Vagrant Records, "From Here to Infirmary," as well as even older favorites such as "My Friend Peter."

Although they are not played on MTV or the radio, Alkaline Trio has a strong and loyal fan base. Many of the fans were in attendance solely to see Alkaline Trio, including Matthew Marietta, 21.

"They've been better. I would prefer to see them in a small venue, the sound is always better."

Melody Baetens can be reached at (313) 222-2402 or mbaetens@detnews.com.

This makes me far more excited...2 days and counting

am i a teenie bopper? i have been asking my self that question for a long time and i cant really answer it. The other night at the mcr concert this guy looked at me and then look at his girl friend and said to her(trying not to let me heard but i did anyway) "i feel really old."
i was wondering if being a teenager at a concert for your fav band ever made you a teenie bopper, altho i wasnt dressed like a prep(was wearing black pants and a blank and red shirt).
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
September 24th, 2005 at 08:05pm
Eh I'm toren. I have teenie tendencies but I also can justify mine. I have OCD and part of my personality never grew up (its a complicated story, but its not DID/MPD people) sooo clinically I can justify my obsessions and fondness of things.
I only really 'looked into' My Chem a few months ago, but I heard about them 2 years ago. I've got 'Bullets' and '3 Cheers'.
When I was at the concert, I was wearing black...looked 'in place'...didn't look like I was goin to some pop concert, didn't scream and run after Gerard when he walked by. (Or Frank for that matter). I was just like "Kewl" and that was that.
I guess its gettin hard to define a teenie. And of course, they don't want their fans to think they're better than others b/c they've been fans longer, I mean, what difference does that make??? So you knew about them in 2002...so what??? Its not like you've got actual stock in a band...tho that would be an interesting idea...ha ha ha
No offense to anyone with these comments!!!
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 24th, 2005 at 09:18pm
^ i agree, stormy. thats what i shouldve said on my comment thing...i was kind of harsh lol. ive known them since 'bullets' but that doesnt make me any better than any other fan. well, ive always known that. and it is hard to define a teenie. i kinda think a teenie only goes to the concerts to see gerard or frank or mikey or bob or ray. i mean, just for their looks. and they dont like obsess over their music, they obsess over looks. well dont get me wrong, all of us here probably think the band is hot, but we also adore their music, and it like actually means something to us, ya know?
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
September 25th, 2005 at 07:10am
I Hate That Ppl Like mCR OnlyCause Of The Way They Look...They Do This ( Home Made Shirts...) To All A Bit More Popular Bands...And I HATE It...
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
September 25th, 2005 at 06:14pm
hello_angel112:
^ i agree, stormy. thats what i shouldve said on my comment thing...i was kind of harsh lol. ive known them since 'bullets' but that doesnt make me any better than any other fan. well, ive always known that. and it is hard to define a teenie. i kinda think a teenie only goes to the concerts to see gerard or frank or mikey or bob or ray. i mean, just for their looks. and they dont like obsess over their music, they obsess over looks. well dont get me wrong, all of us here probably think the band is hot, but we also adore their music, and it like actually means something to us, ya know?
exactly. to us the music has meaning, but to teenies it's all about "OMGz!!1! loooK HoW hottt!1! Gerrardd isss!1!zz"
renegades
Salute You in Your Grave
renegades
September 25th, 2005 at 07:22pm
I hate all those teenies. I would beat them with my big ugly stick but they have already had enough dmage done. there is this girl in my class, she is a cheer leader, and thankfully she said she hated them just because of the way they looked in Helena, because Gerard was so white. I was just mad because people judge they're music by the way they look. I need to get my ugly stick and take out anger. Gerards pretty and so is Mikey and so is Frankie, but i started listening to them when i had seen like 10 sec. og Helena. They rock! And i'm happy for Gerard cause he is sober.
xXxHoNeYbLoNdExXx
Killjoy
xXxHoNeYbLoNdExXx
September 25th, 2005 at 09:33pm
stormy:
Concert draws serious music fans and teeny-bopper alike
"I really like their songs," said Sarah Shaker, 18, who was sporting a homemade tank top that read "I *heart* Gerard Way," who is the lead singer. "And Gerard Way is hot," she adds, giggling with her friends.

...okay now i feel bad about being 18 years old. I thought when you 18, your more mature, your an adult, you don`t think like a lil 9year old in pigtales. But I guess i was wrong. If your 18 and ur listening to MCR cause gerard is "suposed" to be a hot peiece...you need to grow the fuck up.

I mean if you think he/they are hott. then thats cool. But the problem is people taking it to an extreme. It`s all they talk about and is the only reason they listen to MCR. I used to think he was a little cute, when he used to wear the heavy makeup and fake blood. But now since every whore on the planet can only say that he`s hott! To me he has become less and less attractive.

~my biggest MCR fear~

MCR will become sooooo BIG, that when they walk down the street they gonna be getting mobbed by females. They gonna need a bodyguard just to go outside and check their fucking mailbox. They gonna have so many crazed fans till there will be no more "meet & greets" before or after shows. Paparazzi`s gonna start following "gerard" since yall say he`s just soooo hot, or any other bandmember. Snapping pictures of them with family or girlfriends and the next thing you know, they will be all in US Weekly, the National Enquirer, and other shitty tabloid magazines. Espeically if one of them dates another celebrity.

^^that would really suck!!! And what sucks the most is. Even if i go to one of their meet and greets. I don`t even have the fucking courage. To go up to them cause i don`t wanna be judged as any of them teenie bitches!

MCR WAS BETTER OFF NOT BEING ON TRL!

<3

HoneyB
stormy
Demolition Lover
stormy
September 25th, 2005 at 09:43pm
So true...I dunno, I mean I kind of hate that they're on TRL, but I'm glad that some people are finding them now and liking their music, for more than just the faces that make it. And they're happy. It would suck sooo bad if they were another Backstreet Boys or something, press adn rumours all around them, in all the lil slander garbage magazines and mobbed...I was sooo shocked and happy when Gerard (and Frank later on) came out of the club and were able to walk down the side of the line of fans towards a store without being freakin mobbed, they kind of were on the way back, but not bad. Of course, they had two bodyguards (or so I assume that's what they were) with them, so that might have detoured some people.
HarvesterofSorrow3319
Killjoy
HarvesterofSorrow3319
September 26th, 2005 at 09:23pm
I was at that concert and all that shit said was true. I swear to God I felt like I was at a brittney spears concert, 12-15 y/os lookin like whores, and I bet you more that HALF only came for Helena, and didnt know a damn song of "Bullets". Pisses me off, and I didnt see those guys flippin the band off, but I hope they got their teeth kicked in...Im sad I couldnt have done it, lol, all night I was lookin for trouble with posers. Smile I know all loyal fans would do the same Smile
OMGz AMY!
Bleeding on the Floor
OMGz AMY!
September 26th, 2005 at 09:30pm
i want everyone to SHUT THE FUCK UP about teenies, okay?

WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

if they want to like the band just for there looks just ignore them. thats what i do, i mean come on now, are we going to waste our time at a concert fighting some 'teenie' to get to the front or are we going to have a good time and enjoy the music? i thought you guys were smarter than that.

so SHUT UP!! thats all everyone talks about here is "OMG THIS GIRL AT MY SCHOOL WAS ALL LIKE GERARDS SO 'HAWT' AND I GOT IN A FIGHT WITH HER !!!!!!1111!!"

pah-lease.

grow up.
xXxHoNeYbLoNdExXx
Killjoy
xXxHoNeYbLoNdExXx
September 27th, 2005 at 02:31pm
Cupcake Master.:

WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

if they want to like the band just for there looks just ignore them. thats what i do, i mean come on now, are we going to waste our time at a concert fighting some 'teenie' to get to the front or are we going to have a good time and enjoy the music? i thought you guys were smarter than that.

so SHUT UP!! thats all everyone talks about here is "OMG THIS GIRL AT MY SCHOOL WAS ALL LIKE GERARDS SO 'HAWT' AND I GOT IN A FIGHT WITH HER !!!!!!1111!!"

pah-lease.

grow up.

LoL i have to agree with you. I mean sure it`s a little annoying but it something only annoys you if you let it. Personally, i don`t give a fuck. Me liking MCR for their music doesn`t make any better than someone liking them because they find them attractive.

And i notice something. The main people who shit talk teenies be the main ones who go to an MCR concert, looks up at gerard, and says " damn he`s hott"

<3

HoneyB
Briiii.
Bleeding on the Floor
Briiii.
September 27th, 2005 at 07:22pm
xXxHoNeYbLoNdExXx:
Cupcake Master.:

WHO GIVES A SHIT?!

pah-lease.

grow up.

LoL i have to agree with you. I mean sure it`s a little annoying but it something only annoys you if you let it. Personally, i don`t give a fuck. Me liking MCR for their music doesn`t make any better than someone liking them because they find them attractive.

And i notice something. The main people who shit talk teenies be the main ones who go to an MCR concert, looks up at gerard, and says " damn he`s hott"

<3

HoneyB

well i agree...but i mean i LOVEEEEE their music and i think theyre good looking guys. that doesnt mean im a 'teenie'. okay actually, screw teenies. you two r right, who gives a shit anyways. the only reason i said shit about them is b/c i cant stand poserish ppl. it just gets to me and pisses me off when ppl cant be themselves and discover a new band to listen to. idk....ill just shut up now.
Yuliya Missles & Toes
Really Not Okay
Yuliya Missles & Toes
September 27th, 2005 at 07:25pm
It Ish true. MCR are very handsome guys, and they are extremely talented, and you can like them for both reasons at the same time, just the second one is more wiser.