November 4th, 2005 at 01:49am
myXstarlessXeyes:
MCR WAS BETTER OFF NOT BEING ON TRL!

word.
MyBrutalRomance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyBrutalRomance
November 4th, 2005 at 04:57am
At it's peak the concert was 90 per cent full, with vast majority of the crowd being college-age or younger. There was the requisite number of sullen-looking kids in black t-shirts and eyeliner, but also a number of teenage girls who wouldn't have looked a bit out of place at a Britney Spears concert.

"I really like their songs," said Sarah Shaker, 18, who was sporting a homemade tank top that read "I *heart* Gerard Way," who is the lead singer. "And Gerard Way is hot," she adds, giggling with her friends.

Besides being hot, former alcoholic and drug abuser Way is also in complete command of the stage. Now sober, Way's stage presence was demanding and intriguing. The band's energy was infectious and the musicianship was stellar, with face-melting solos and effusive drumbeats.

oh yeah i like this part!! woo hoo...except for the girly part..thats just so darn yuck!! bleh!! Confused Confused Confused
48/m, truckdriver
Really Not Okay
48/m, truckdriver
November 4th, 2005 at 08:53am
MyBrutalRomance:
At it's peak the concert was 90 per cent full, with vast majority of the crowd being college-age or younger. There was the requisite number of sullen-looking kids in black t-shirts and eyeliner, but also a number of teenage girls who wouldn't have looked a bit out of place at a Britney Spears concert.

"I really like their songs," said Sarah Shaker, 18, who was sporting a homemade tank top that read "I *heart* Gerard Way," who is the lead singer. "And Gerard Way is hot," she adds, giggling with her friends.

Besides being hot, former alcoholic and drug abuser Way is also in complete command of the stage. Now sober, Way's stage presence was demanding and intriguing. The band's energy was infectious and the musicianship was stellar, with face-melting solos and effusive drumbeats.

oh yeah i like this part!! woo hoo...except for the girly part..thats just so darn yuck!! bleh!! Confused Confused Confused

Sarah Shaker, eh? Shake 'er bootay/thang/lower pelvic region.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
November 7th, 2005 at 12:29pm
oh dear god.. that girl from the interview needs to be smacked up the face, i mean, okay if you are a young teenage girl, eg: me, lol, and you really do like the music but there is no need for that, those kind of people are what make mcr so god damn mainstream and they only do it because they think that someone in the band is hot?.. that is a pathetic reason to be a fan!
xox
Merciful__
Jazz Hands
Merciful__
November 7th, 2005 at 02:05pm
lol, that girl needs a bit of a slap! I think the main reason she was there is because Gerard is hot. i mean, we all know Gerard is hot, but its about the MUSIC. i bet she wouldnt even be there if Gerard wasnt as hot as he is.
48/m, truckdriver
Really Not Okay
48/m, truckdriver
November 8th, 2005 at 02:19am
I bet this Sarah Shaker girl wouldn't care about Gerard if she saw how he looked in his senior years. Fucking ho.
xkillerqueen
Motor Baby
xkillerqueen
November 8th, 2005 at 02:32am
HOLY SPICCOLI I WAS AT THAT CONCERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE FLIPPIN BEST DAY OF Y LIFE! AHHHH! I FELL OF MY CHAIR AS I WAS READING IT. AHHHHH! THATS SO RADICULOUS! Very Happy
xkillerqueen
Motor Baby
xkillerqueen
November 8th, 2005 at 02:33am
dont worry, i was mcr-ed out. not one of those gay preps tha should go burn in hell for all i care. OMG but i think i seen that girl that they were talkign about wiht the i heart gerard shirt. HES MINE BITCH! jk...ill go calm down now.
xkillerqueen
Motor Baby
xkillerqueen
November 8th, 2005 at 02:40am
is it me or am i the only person that thinks mcr isnt emo...but ill admit that some of their songs are. Question
MyBrutalRomance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyBrutalRomance
November 8th, 2005 at 04:33am
all_but_perfect:
is it me or am i the only person that thinks mcr isnt emo...but ill admit that some of their songs are. Question

yah...they're songs are just emo...but heck no! Shocked not them... Exclamation Exclamation
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
Salute You in Your Grave
Im Not A Fool! Fool.
November 8th, 2005 at 07:08am
ive not been a fan for long, and most of my friends are teenies, but call me one and i'll kick you really really hard. i find it horrible that people like them cuz they are hot. i mean, if you dont like the band and you listen to the cd cuz u like the face on 1 of them, then ur stooopid cuz u cant see them! Over here(AUS) , all the teenie mags r sayin' "NEXT BIG THING: Emo/Punk" i think its spastic, cuz if thats how the teenies r gonna be, then i will get called a teenie for being myself! And i dont want to be considered a teenie. Cuz my non-teenie friends consider a teenie to be someone who follows the trends religiously and doesnt really care what they are doing as long as its cool. i will be SO EMBARRASED if im thought of that way.

OK, that was kinda stupid, but its coz im tired and i have strong views on this. i hope u got my point. Rolling Eyes
lux lisbon.
Always Born a Crime
lux lisbon.
November 8th, 2005 at 05:31pm

yah...they're songs are just emo...but heck no! Shocked not them... Exclamation Exclamation

um. i don't even think their songs are emo.... i mean, when i think of emo music, i think of like. bright eyes... i tend to refer to mcr as post-hardcore. not really emo, not really hardcore, not really punk or anything.... just. post-hardcore-- a weird combo of them all, with its own flavor added in.
MyBrutalRomance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyBrutalRomance
November 9th, 2005 at 04:13am
myXstarlessXeyes:

um. i don't even think their songs are emo.... i mean, when i think of emo music, i think of like. bright eyes... i tend to refer to mcr as post-hardcore. not really emo, not really hardcore, not really punk or anything.... just. post-hardcore-- a weird combo of them all, with its own flavor added in.

well...owkay! hehe..LOL! yeah....err..umm...yeah i think they're post-hardcore too...hah! Smile Smile Smile
Merciful__
Jazz Hands
Merciful__
November 9th, 2005 at 11:47am
MyBrutalRomance:
myXstarlessXeyes:

well...owkay! hehe..LOL! yeah....err..umm...yeah i think they're post-hardcore too...hah! Smile Smile Smile

idont really label their music. its hard to sum up a band in one word, cos each band is unique.

but yeh. Very Happy
lux lisbon.
Always Born a Crime
lux lisbon.
November 9th, 2005 at 05:26pm

Embarassed

ouch.
Mrs.Halloween
Salute You in Your Grave
Mrs.Halloween
November 15th, 2005 at 03:09pm
ohh.. 'fine, i'm okay then'.. i totally know what you are saying.. that is so how i feel.. if i try to explain how i feel about it, it just sounds stupid and ironic because i end up sounding like the people that i am complaining about, even though i'm not like them....if you get my drift ..lol

about the whole 'emo' thing.. god.. i don't even know what the hell 'emo' is anymore.. alot of people think it stands for 'emotional' but i have been told it doesn't really... i am not sure if this is true, so if my knowledge is completely a pile of shit don't blame me cause this is just what i percieve it to be after people ragging on at me about how mcr are not emo and people don't understand what the real emo is anymore....well if i am correct it actually stands for 'hardcore emotive'.. there is a pile of emo bands but i really couldn't remember them to string them off to all of you. people think that emo now is whiney boys who hate teir lives and wear black make up and slit their wrists and hate their parents
if you percieve emo to be like this.. believe me i am not saying you are ignorant for it because frankly that is what i thought it to be until just a while ago.. i'm sure there are people on here who know alot more than me about the whole emo scene thing but i just thought i'd give my veiw on it

(ps, like i said, what i write could likely be a load of crap so if i am wrong just please don't jump down my throat cause ppl have argued with me too much on different boards over me just giving my personal opinion or belief about something)
xox
MyBrutalRomance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyBrutalRomance
November 16th, 2005 at 06:03am
tabby202:
MyBrutalRomance:
myXstarlessXeyes:

idont really label their music. its hard to sum up a band in one word, cos each band is unique.

but yeh. Very Happy

i hate labeling dont cha think??? buy if the band labeled themselves its cool wit me...
48/m, truckdriver
Really Not Okay
48/m, truckdriver
November 18th, 2005 at 02:33am
MyBrutalRomance:
tabby202:
MyBrutalRomance:
myXstarlessXeyes:

but yeh. Very Happy

i hate labeling dont cha think??? buy if the band labeled themselves its cool wit me...

I've got a good label: Alternative/Rock.
MyBrutalRomance
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MyBrutalRomance
November 18th, 2005 at 05:31am
.Beh:
MyBrutalRomance:
tabby202:
MyBrutalRomance:
myXstarlessXeyes:

but yeh. Very Happy

I've got a good label: Alternative/Rock.

label label label label!!!!...wahahahahahahaha!!!...cha! thats just it...