Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR and Magazines

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 16th, 2008 at 09:37am
Pansy Wolf:
i want frankie to have a couple of months break he's gonna wear himself out with leathermouth.
I don't think Frank wants to stop playing, and neither does Ray. Guitar players (I've lived with two) it's like air to them; they're always reaching for it and they get antsy when they're not recording or onstage.

Lightning Zap:
As long as their 4th album's not 5+ years.
Well it could get close to that considering TBP is already almost three years old.
misery and harmony
Salute You in Your Grave
misery and harmony
August 16th, 2008 at 10:53am
^actually, the black parade is almost two(october 2006 -0ctober 2008 )but ofc I get what you mean and yes, I wouldn't be surprised if we will have to wait 3 more years. I hope we won't though, 2 years is enough. And we don't know how long they want to be a band. They are people, they get older. For now, I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 16th, 2008 at 05:32pm
^ THREE MORE YEARS!?

If no update / relase dates on the next album are not given by July 09, I'd be rather upset.
I'm all for them taking an extensive break, but I don't think it should be several years, wouldn't it be hard for them to come back and work if it had been so long?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
August 16th, 2008 at 07:01pm
KingRex:
I don't think it should be several years, wouldn't it be hard for them to come back and work if it had been so long?
I think it's too long, yeah.
G Way
Jazz Hands
G Way
August 16th, 2008 at 07:18pm
Deb:
KingRex:
I don't think it should be several years, wouldn't it be hard for them to come back and work if it had been so long?
I think it's too long, yeah.
Maybe it won't be though, because Gerard is really excited about The Umbrella Academy, and he just wants to focus on that for now, but soon he will be itching to get back in the studio, as will the rest of the guys, and they'll all be nice and refreshed and ready to play! Smile
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 17th, 2008 at 04:02am
I think one of the greatest christmas presents possible would be to here they're back workin together.

My wishful thinking for the night
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 17th, 2008 at 08:52am
I honestly believe it is their decision and I support whatever decision that may be. They are all hitting the 30's, which is the usual time to settle down, think about families and the future. Just a part of life. I will be sad if they didn't
continue, but grateful that they were here and excited to see what they do next.

And imho, I think this break is welcome, their fandom got out of control and maybe some of the more fickle ones will realize Gerard isn't going to marry them and they will move on to whom ever is flavor of the week.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
August 17th, 2008 at 08:55am
Amen Jules!
Lightning Zap
Motor Baby
Lightning Zap
August 17th, 2008 at 09:10am
I very much agree with you Jules...
... regarding flavors of the week, I think the Jonas Brothers will be taking his place.

Lets hope the fandom mature considerably. Those airport vids were scary.

Also, considering Ray is in a cover band, he'll be around just like Frank to perform for people, which is pretty awesome.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 18th, 2008 at 03:31pm
Lightning Zap:
As long as their 4th album's not 5+ years like it will be between Green Day's American Idiot and whatever their new album will be, then I will be happy... and yeah, I know that they're Foxboro Hottubbing, but I want an actual Green Day album.

Yeah, come on MCR, don't pull a Green Day and go off and never make another CD... although I would like a Foxboro Hot Tubs like remake of MCR... all back to basics and everything. Very Happy

Ray's in a cover band? Can I have some more info?

Jules, you rock!! I agree. The teenies can move on to the Jonas Bros or something.
gazelles.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
gazelles.
August 18th, 2008 at 05:13pm
MTV Article:
"We can't make any more music unless we live," Way explained. "But I'm already starting to get the ideas and the aesthetics and everything, and it's very different from [2006's] The Black Parade."

MTV Article:
"When we get a chance, we're going to get together and do some demos and start rolling."

I don't know about you guys, but to me that doesn't sound like they're planning to be off for years and years.
awake_and_unafraid.
Killjoy
awake_and_unafraid.
August 19th, 2008 at 08:11am
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for gettin this!! Clap
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 19th, 2008 at 09:22am
I kinda hope everyone goes off, has real babies and then writes Lullabies about a band of brothers going on an epic quest to fight vampires, zombies, crazy political commentators, monkeys and ninja pirates.
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 19th, 2008 at 12:14pm
wickedjulesesq:
I kinda hope everyone goes off, has real babies and then writes Lullabies about a band of brothers going on an epic quest to fight vampires, zombies, crazy political commentators, monkeys and ninja pirates.
I want the babies part...but MCR lullabies would be wiiierd.
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
August 19th, 2008 at 12:29pm
well i dont know if anyone posted this yet
but flipping through the AP issue with Craig Owens on the cover
I read the Alkaline Trio article and they had said that they played
"Clavicle" at Franks wedding

The exact quote is:
What is your least favourite song on the record
It used to be "Clavicle" I had this sort of embarassment about it. But I've definately gotten over it; theres a lot of people who really love that song. When i think about it, I think about the woman I wrote it for, its nostaglic. I think there is a lot of people like that I mean, I just played it at Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance's wedding for im and his wife That sort have got me over the embarassement because it was really touching.

:clap: YAY FRANK
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
August 20th, 2008 at 02:06am
to the last parade.:
MTV Article:
"We can't make any more music unless we live," Way explained. "But I'm already starting to get the ideas and the aesthetics and everything, and it's very different from [2006's] The Black Parade."

MTV Article:
"When we get a chance, we're going to get together and do some demos and start rolling."

I don't know about you guys, but to me that doesn't sound like they're planning to be off for years and years.

Actually when I heard this I felt better. I interpreted it as them taking a break, but still keeping MCR in the back of there minds, knowing they're still a tight group etc. Didn't Gerard say he already has some ideas for the studio, but still wants to live more before he gets back into it? I'll give um a year.

I mean the Beatles went on a break that at the time had no announced ending. Everyone was up arms about them breaking up, and what happened next? They completely recreated themselves and came out with Sgt Pepper: the greatest rock album of all time.

Keep the Faith ~ Rex
jules
Bleeding on the Floor
jules
August 20th, 2008 at 07:05am
Yes and No, I actually think the greatest rock album of all time was Pet Sounds. But I get your point.
ImNotOkay3505
Salute You in Your Grave
ImNotOkay3505
August 21st, 2008 at 11:32pm
demolished lover.:
well i dont know if anyone posted this yet
but flipping through the AP issue with Craig Owens on the cover
I read the Alkaline Trio article and they had said that they played
"Clavicle" at Franks wedding.

The exact quote is:
What is your least favourite song on the record?
It used to be "Clavicle" I had this sort of embarassment about it. But I've definately gotten over it; theres a lot of people who really love that song. When i think about it, I think about the woman I wrote it for, its nostaglic. I think there is a lot of people like that I mean, I just played it at Frank Iero from My Chemical Romance's wedding for im and his wife That sort have got me over the embarassement because it was really touching.

Clap YAY FRANK
that's awesome! I want Alkaline Trio at MY wedding! Very Happy
Kaleidoscopic mind
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kaleidoscopic mind
August 25th, 2008 at 07:00am
Bob.:

Ray's in a cover band? Can I have some more info?

He has a Weezer cover band Very Happy

Source
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
August 25th, 2008 at 11:37am
Stjerne:

He has a Weezer cover band Very Happy

Source
Thanks! Very Happy