Don't have an account? Create one!

MCR and Magazines

AuthorMessage
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
December 3rd, 2008 at 02:42pm
^^Please don't use chatspeak, it is against the rules.

Frank gives album update in Rock Sound
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
December 3rd, 2008 at 03:34pm
Thanks for linking, Lauri.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 7th, 2008 at 12:05pm
I am going nuts trying to find an interview that I know for a fact that I had at one point and now can't find anywhere - I even remember sitting at my dining room table laughing with Damien over it. I believe it was from 2007 and that the interviewer's name was Jurgen and that the column was entitled "Spanish Inquisition," and Ray was asked if he really likes Iron Maiden or if he's just saying that to be cool, and he responds with "That's a fucked-up question, you shithead!" Someone direct me to the proper place, please? Or even better, have a scan of it? Was it Metal Hammer? I think it was the same interview where the moose/meese/moosi quote came from.
playground eyes.
Awake and Unafraid
playground eyes.
December 7th, 2008 at 12:53pm
one
two
three

This what you wanted, Deb?
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 7th, 2008 at 01:15pm
Thank you, Alex, I fucking love you!!!!!! <<<<<<<<<<<hugs>>>>>>>>>>>>>
perfectly flawed.
In The Murder Scene
perfectly flawed.
December 10th, 2008 at 02:31pm
Gerard in Kerrang! magazine. He won villian of the year, lmfao.

I love the mention of him being voted sexiest female last year, too.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
December 10th, 2008 at 03:54pm
perfectly flawed.:
Laaaame - they didn't even explain WHY!
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
December 10th, 2008 at 04:31pm
It's kind of lame, yes. Agreed.
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
December 11th, 2008 at 10:01am
The picture is the cutest thing ever, but I want an explanation!
tarasaurus rex!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
tarasaurus rex!
December 13th, 2008 at 12:45am
ohgodohgodohgod, that picture made me 'aaw' out loud.
polly pocket.
Fabulous Killjoy
polly pocket.
January 3rd, 2009 at 04:16pm
My Chem are in this weeks Kerrang, it was out on Bob's birthday. (:
It's an interview with Frank about the new album and stuffs.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
January 3rd, 2009 at 04:52pm
Fangs.Up:
My Chem are in this weeks Kerrang, it was out on Bob's birthday. (:
It's an interview with Frank about the new album and stuffs.

Lol, I was just about to post this.

I bought the magazine just for the interview, I don't normally buy kerrang Very Happy

Lol, if you look on their website, it says "Gerard Way speaks!" but in the magazine it's Frank they talk to Smile
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 3rd, 2009 at 05:11pm
Does anyone have a scan of the Kerrang! article?
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
January 4th, 2009 at 08:50am
does anyone have a scan of an interview from rocksound where frank is talking about if its gonna affect the bands plans when gerards kid is born?
i have a quote from it:
"No. You know if anything, it’s just going to make the family bigger and we’re just really excited. As soon as he told me my jaw dropped, because he was the kind of kid that was like, ‘I’m never going to get married, I’m never going to have kids’, and it was in a year that all that changed. I’m just so excited for him, because he’s so excited, and if anything, it’s just going to make touring that much better – everyone’s gonna have kids out on the road and their wives and stuff, it’s just going to be like a touring family circus."
Gerard Arthur Way.
Demolition Lover
Gerard Arthur Way.
January 4th, 2009 at 04:26pm
Paint It Black:
Does anyone have a scan of the Kerrang! article?

Article
picture

-----

This is the interview with Frank in RockSound. (The link to the scan on RockSound's website doesn't work anymore)

My Chemical Romance axeman Frank Iero has been giving Rock Sound the skinny on the band’s fourth album progress, R&R, and Gerard and Lyn-Z’s good news...

What stage are you guys at with the fourth My Chemical Romance album?
''Right now, it’s really in the preliminary writing stage, just tossing back and forth ideas. There haven’t been any real serious writing sessions yet. We’re actually talking about getting together again this month, and after that in the new year we’ll really sit down and start working on songs. For now it’s just been you know, kinda hanging out.''

Life must have been so hectic over the past few years; we expect you need time to reflect?
''Well that’s the thing, it’s nice to see your family again and become part of their lives again. We’ve been away for so long that it’s hard to reconnect to the people that you left back home, because it’s just hard to reconnect to real life. And to actually be able to make plans and say, ‘Hey, you know what, I will see you next weekend, I will be around, what are you doing, can we hang out and just be together?’ That’s a real nice thing.''

Do you ever stop and pinch yourself? It’s incredible the level you’ve reached from quite modest beginnings, playing smaller festivals and support slots not too long ago...
''Absolutely, every day you wake up and you’re like, ‘Holy shit, what happened?’ I remember being in a van, I remember getting to these shows, and then all of a sudden I’m coming home to a house that’s mine, and playing shows to thousands of people – venues and countries that I never thought I’d play. I feel very, very blessed to be able to do that – I really am doing things that I dreamed of as a kid. We know how fortunate we are, and I don’t think a day goes by that we’re not thankful for that.''

We were very happy to hear that Gerard and Lyn-Z are expecting their first child; is that going to affect MCR’s plans much?
''No. You know if anything, it’s just going to make the family bigger and we’re just really excited. As soon as he told me my jaw dropped, because he was the kind of kid that was like, ‘I’m never going to get married, I’m never going to have kids’, and it was in a year that all that changed. I’m just so excited for him, because he’s so excited, and if anything, it’s just going to make touring that much better – everyone’s gonna have kids out on the road and their wives and stuff, it’s just going to be like a touring family circus."
Search and Destroy
Search and Destroy
January 4th, 2009 at 04:37pm
Thanks for linking to the Kerrang article Emma, I really enjoyed reading it!
Paint It Black
Bulletproof Heart
Paint It Black
January 4th, 2009 at 04:51pm
Thank you, Emma!
Jenny.
Jenny.
January 4th, 2009 at 06:16pm
Hahaha, for some reason when I read the Kerrang! article where it said "Gerard is having a baby", I burst out laughing. I just got this mental image of him hugely pregnant in a flowery maternal dress....
mona disappeared.
In The Murder Scene
mona disappeared.
January 5th, 2009 at 10:43am
thanks for the rocksound, even though its not the scan.
MiDesfileNegro
Thinking Happy Thoughts
MiDesfileNegro
January 6th, 2009 at 01:04pm
Just noticed - in the back of this week's kerrang, where they do the downloadable ringtones and wallpapers and stuff - they've got a Gerard one, but it's labelled "Gerrard Way" :@