Don't have an account? Create one!

Desert Song

AuthorMessage
spikeinmyheart
Killjoy
spikeinmyheart
March 17th, 2007 at 01:26pm
from what ive heard, it was a discontinued song from three cheers for sweet revenge following the story of the 2 lovers on the cover of the cd. after everything that happens on the cd, they die in the desert, hence the name desert song
blazing_six-guns
Killjoy
blazing_six-guns
March 31st, 2007 at 10:27pm
everyone wrote so much about this song!!! i agree with basically all of you : ]

i LOVE this song so much, it's addictive - makes me daydream ......[weird]
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
April 2nd, 2007 at 03:47am
i think that its about someone who lost someone very close and then they begin to suffer.

from backstage to the doctor = the suffering as begun

from the earth to the morgue = it probably means that the person lived then died

we hold in our hearts = that person will always remember that person who died

i can see you awake.....in my mind = the dead guy will always be with the person who is still alive.
fault lines.
Awake and Unafraid
fault lines.
April 3rd, 2007 at 02:41am
i think its about a really sad event in Gerard's life and he uses metaphors to express it though this song
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 5th, 2007 at 08:22pm
I think it's like Gerard inviting someone to a one person show.
Like, he's just rockin out for the dead, for that one special person.
A loved person.
Maybe he's talking in the man's point of view, since its the main song on LOTMS, and it's like the man is mourning his love, and he's describing his pain and suffering. He just wants to sing her one last song, and just rock out for the dead.
Tanllwyth Amaki
Killjoy
Tanllwyth Amaki
April 5th, 2007 at 09:32pm
this is my favorite song by them... i wonder why they haven't put it on a cd yet (other than life on a murder scene)
Brian Schechter
Banned
Brian Schechter
April 5th, 2007 at 09:34pm
Probably because it's on a cd.
It's on the cd that comes with LOTMS xD
AnahiMCR
Killjoy
AnahiMCR
April 6th, 2007 at 02:00am
Well all i know is that whatever the song meaning is i think it means that someone very loved died or moved and he just doesnt want 2 b seperated from it.GERARD sings it so emotional.
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
April 13th, 2007 at 01:28am
I LOVE THIS SONG!!!

From the lights to the pavement.Passing out on the pavement
From the van to the floor.Passing out
From backstage to the doctor.Being sick every way
From the earth to the morgue. Dieing

(FROM DRINKING)
char
Killjoy
char
April 13th, 2007 at 04:39pm
Did we all fall down?
From the lights to the pavement
From the van to the floor
From backstage to the doctor
From the Earth to the morgue

This section reminds me of a video someone sent me of Gerard- drunk, because they thought it would be funny.

Did we all fall down? this bit illustrates his confusion.
From the lights to the pavement He's off-stage now.
From the van to the floor He's been drinking in the van and fallen to the floor.
From backstage to the doctor He's been taken to the doctor.
From the Earth to the morgue He's gone.

lol, this is just the way I see it. I think it's pretty much what everyone else has said though...
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 18th, 2007 at 01:48pm
I'm not sure if I read this here, or if I thought it up, but I think that

From the lights to the pavement, from the van to the floor
From backstage to the doctor, from the earth to the morgue

is illustrating how the drinking/drug problem worsened. It started with him getting drunk and collapsing on the sidewalk (go to youtube.com and look up "drunk gerard" ). Eventually his problem spilled out into his performance, and he would collapse in the van. It's not hard to imagine that "backstage to the doctor" means that during or after a performance, he might have been in such bad shape he needed a doctor. Eventually, "earth to the morgue"--it's gonna kill him if he keeps it up.

Beautiful song...
MCR'sXladyXofXsorrow
Killjoy
MCR'sXladyXofXsorrow
April 18th, 2007 at 06:58pm
well, i personally think that it's about the band. like how there lives were going, the lyrics: "well tonight, will it ever come? spend the rest of our days rockin out." tonihgt reffers that the band just wants to get the gig over with that night and the reso of our lives part means that they intend to do this for the rest of their days.

anyone else agree?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 20th, 2007 at 09:31pm
Hey, I was just checking out the board under "Ghost of You," and they said there that the song played backwards is a completely different song. I looked it up on youtube, and there's a video with lyrics for it. "Desert Song" is another one, and it seems to go along with the Demolition Lovers plot. If you want to hear "Desert Song" backwards, go to youtube.com, and watch the video (version 2--better audio).
AmazingCauseItIs10
Joining The Black Parade
AmazingCauseItIs10
April 21st, 2007 at 07:00pm
it's a beautiful song. in the song, i think he is either talking to himself or the dead.
spending the rest of your days
rockin out just for the dead

he's waiting to be dead.
well, tonight
will it ever come?

that's what i think.
Charliebitmyfinger.
Salute You in Your Grave
Charliebitmyfinger.
April 21st, 2007 at 09:58pm
Ava Adore.:
Gerard is just good at making metaphors.

And I hate the whole idea of this board (sorry Dujo) because metaphors are meant to speak to somebody in a way that they believe means the most to them.

If we can relate to them, thats great, but Gerard writes the songs for himself, not just the fans, meaning,

Gerard is the only one that knows the exact meanings.

Yeah! Gerard has a great imagenation, and we can obviously see how much effort he has done to make it like this.
Its a very metaphoric and interesting song... I love it!
violent_kisses
Killjoy
violent_kisses
April 30th, 2007 at 01:29am
I think that this song is about death...mostly about loosing someone who is dear and close to you. The first time I heard the line "I can see you awake, anytime, in my head..." Thats what popped into my mind. Someone important was very lost, but if you try hard enough, and if you think of them, they can be with you.

I freakin love this song.
Dr. Manhattan
Bleeding on the Floor
Dr. Manhattan
May 5th, 2007 at 02:34am
Gerard isn't the only one
who writes the songs, it get so miss interepreted
because he's the front man. but anyways ..
i think this song is about carrying on, even though
everything has in your life has been taken away from
you or youve lost it in some form or another.
Dead Guardian Angel
Jazz Hands
Dead Guardian Angel
May 16th, 2007 at 03:50pm
I think it's about Gerard realizing he's killing himself slowly with his drug and alcohol addiction...

*Sakura-chan*
Tinafax_Romance
Killjoy
Tinafax_Romance
May 18th, 2007 at 01:16pm
Suide_n_her_gothnss:
i think that Gerard is doing this like another tribute to his gramgram but he is like telling her what he's been through since shes been dead and like how he's fallen so much and when he says from the earth to the morgue he means leaving the earth is his old alcoholic and drugged self and entering the morgue to reach another spiritual point in his life is the brand new gerard trying to reach her better to sorta ask her to be closer in spirit
<just my opinion>

I really like this answer
Maybe this is what the song is talking about
It makes sense
Silverstein
Bleeding on the Floor
Silverstein
May 18th, 2007 at 04:03pm
This song is creepy. I think of a secret underground hospital where "doctors" butcher "patients" mercilessly, and toy around with their bodies for some sort of sick twisted fun. This could be about witnessing a death. It seems to go with the desert death.

Reminds me of a platinum desert...a fantasy place where everyone's dead...man, something's wrong with me.

Honest thoughts from a dead boy,

Ian