Don't have an account? Create one!

The End

AuthorMessage
mr.ross
Jazz Hands
mr.ross
November 24th, 2007 at 03:41am
I guess it's the patient looking back at his life[the start of it] because in the itunes interview, it said that's what the whole cd is about. idk. just correct me if I'm wrong
XxBlack MariahxX
Killjoy
XxBlack MariahxX
February 11th, 2008 at 02:54am
Seven_illusions:
"Here's my resignation, I'll serve it in drag"
Any idea what this means?

Well a resignation is a "formal state of statement of giving up office or position" so since the patient is dying maybe he's talking about how his job and everything he worked for is gone now and he's so frusterated when he says "i'll serve it in drag" he's saying that he's not taking it seriously becuase now that he's dying that stuff doesn't seem important anymore. maybe =)
chemicalangel
Killjoy
chemicalangel
March 8th, 2008 at 02:00am
I think its a big f- you to everyone.
i know i suck
Killjoy
i know i suck
March 8th, 2008 at 11:57am
for me, it's showing you how life's a bitch until you die. when you're dying of illness, it's the worst. you can't save yourself, you must rely on others to save you. to cure you or just to do the little things that you can't do anymore. i know about how much cancer patiants must rely on others for everything...cause i watched it happen. the patiant screams out for help, for a savior, but sometimes there's no cure. there's no savior. you must go through all of that pain. all that weakness and illness. and it's worse that hell. you might not believe that there's anything worse than hell...but after seeing that...if i went through that, i'd gladly go to hell. even flames all over your body (if you believe in that) would be better than that pain and helplessness you must feel every second of every day. i think it's talking about that feeling, when you know it's coming but you can't help nor stop it. it just just happen...it must be.
demonlord579
Killjoy
demonlord579
May 1st, 2008 at 01:23am
The End. is basically just what (Gerard I guess, if it's not the Patient or something) is feeling in the moments just before he finally dies. You will notice that The End. seamlessly transitions into Dead!, so that sorta makes sense that it would be a before and after type of thing. Not to mention The End probably refers to the end of his life.
arcai
Killjoy
arcai
May 14th, 2008 at 06:54am
It's a rock opera, people. The Patient finds out that he's within minutes of dying and is hallucinating. The part "If you can hear me/just walk away/save me" is him in self conflict as he dies asking his girlfriend or wife or whatever to help him or leave him to die. Dead! is when he realized he's somewhere in between the living and dead.
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
May 29th, 2008 at 10:26am
Well, i think its about when the Patient learns that he has cancer, and its very sad and its like he's imagining his funeral or something. . . .i made up an interpretive dance for this song. . .hehehehe
twinner56
Killjoy
twinner56
July 4th, 2008 at 07:14pm
ITS A FUNNARL SONG THE LYIRIC SERVE IT IN DRAG MEANS HE DONT GIVE A DAM HOW HES BURIED BUT HES PISSED THAT HES DIED YOUNG AND IS KIND OF HAPPY HE'S DIED TO AS HE ESCAPES THE TORMENT OF LIVEING
porcelain_reaper
Killjoy
porcelain_reaper
July 8th, 2008 at 08:45am
I think that although it has a lot of meaning to it, it was probably a way to lead into the album and to explain what the mood ofthe album was going to be about. If you think about Helena, the rest of Revenge is set in the same mood.
Elsa
Fabulous Killjoy
Elsa
July 29th, 2008 at 04:20am
Emo_Princ3ss:
I DONT R3ALLY G3T TH3 COMPL3T3 SONG? IT CONFUS3S M3?!?!?!

urrgh i hate it when people Sp3aK lYk3 fOuR y3eAr oLDs lol my understanding of the song is that there is a funeral of someone they love and their whole life crashes because of it e.g "heres my resignation ill serve it in drag" signifies that the person singing the song is going slightly kooky and yeah. thats it. lol No
teenagers.
Jazz Hands
teenagers.
July 31st, 2008 at 04:38pm
i think its saying that its ok to be different. its ok to be in distress and have no where to go
whiteshadow
Killjoy
whiteshadow
October 9th, 2008 at 12:35am
This is my opinion: I think this song is about, when death comes, you don't wanna die. You want to stay alive. You just wanna get out of that hospital bed and keep living.
youhaveissues!!
Killjoy
youhaveissues!!
October 18th, 2008 at 09:59am
i think...

its hard to explain..

its about not liking who you are

~If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see~

and then gerard saying(hinting) that hes much worse off

~You can find out firsthand what it's like to be me~

and that you dont have to hide who you are and i fyou dont you might notice its not that bad

~Wipe off that makeup, what's in is despair~

~You might wake up and notice you're someone you're not~
mikey way.
Jazz Hands
mikey way.
October 22nd, 2008 at 01:39pm
i think its about gerard thinking back on his days when he was chubbier.
RedXFullXMoon
Killjoy
RedXFullXMoon
December 5th, 2008 at 10:36am
Love for the patient is bad because his death is in front of his eyes. Looking at maybe some reaper and petrified so much. So, he asked to be saved and the desperation obviously written in this song.
Maddie IsNotOk
Killjoy
Maddie IsNotOk
December 6th, 2008 at 04:40pm
i think it means:
First when it says "come one come all to this tradgic affair, wipe off that makeup what's in is dispear, so throw on the black dress mix in with the lot, you might wake up and notice your someone your not"
That something happend to him. like it's so tradgic that it could be the end. or he is in the hospital. and when he has the operation he woke up and had changed dramatically. and theres not much hope that he'll live, so he said go ahead and put on your black dresses, and wipe off your makeup (like for a funeral).
then: "so gather 'round piggies and kiss this godbye, and encourage your smiles and expect you won't cry"
that he's gonna die and so he's saying kiss him goodbye, and people may have not liked him, or backstabbed him, so they would smile and wouldn't cry.
"Another cotusion my funeral jag, heres my resegnation i'll serve it in drag, you've got front row seats to the pennetance ball, when i grow up i want to be nothing at all"
I think that means when he says "Heres my resignation i'll serve it in drag" he's kind of saying screw what everyone thinks and i'll do what i want to, if i serve it in drag, would you still love me? Kind of thing. And "when i grow up i want to be nothing at all", i kind of agree with some other people on that saying that he doesn't want to go any farther, doesnt want to grow up.

I don't know alot of peoples are alot better but oh well everyone has their own opinions. Nyam
rise.or.fall
Killjoy
rise.or.fall
December 10th, 2008 at 05:24pm
Does anyone else think this is about a funeral of the narrator's loved one?
rise.or.fall
Killjoy
rise.or.fall
December 10th, 2008 at 05:26pm
Rae Toro:
Emo_Princ3ss:
I DONT R3ALLY G3T TH3 COMPL3T3 SONG? IT CONFUS3S M3?!?!?!

urrgh i hate it when people Sp3aK lYk3 fOuR y3eAr oLDs lol my understanding of the song is that there is a funeral of someone they love and their whole life crashes because of it e.g "heres my resignation ill serve it in drag" signifies that the person singing the song is going slightly kooky and yeah. thats it. lol No

THANK YOU.
i'm not the only one
My.Chemical.Reaction
Killjoy
My.Chemical.Reaction
January 4th, 2009 at 02:51am
I had a thought listening to this song earlier....you know how it starts out all calm when Gee starts singing, then after he sings "I expect you won't cry," everything seems to just burst out? Those intervals of heavy and light remind me of, like, spasms or something. Like the Patient is having a real hard death, one minute he's fine and talking reasonably (but still depressively) to the people listening, and the next, he's losing breath and his heart is slowing and he's finding he has to scream out the words. Then at the end, everything just kind of builds and builds until you get to dead when you hear the long beep, which I think signifies that everything is done for and he's dead. I don't know--wierd thought, reading into the tone instead of the lyrics. Very Happy
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
January 10th, 2009 at 02:48am
demonlord579:
The End. is basically just what (Gerard I guess, if it's not the Patient or something) is feeling in the moments just before he finally dies. You will notice that The End. seamlessly transitions into Dead!, so that sorta makes sense that it would be a before and after type of thing. Not to mention The End probably refers to the end of his life.

Yeah, and since The End is in the beginning of The Black Parade, it's sort of like a countdown to Famous Last Words, where he finally makes a decision to live.