Don't have an account? Create one!

The End

AuthorMessage
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
February 28th, 2007 at 02:56pm
But, back to this lovely song Smile I totaly love the lyrick. But what does it mean. May be the're getting rid of they're "emo" image. But annyway. I listen to it before I go to sleep every night Razz It's a beautiful lyrick Very Happy
Melius.
Bleeding on the Floor
Melius.
February 28th, 2007 at 03:01pm
A girl in my class came to me thie other day, and she asked who I was going to talk about in our english-preformance. And I said: My chemical romance. Annother girl was like: Who is that..? And the girl who askes me in the first place said: Aah.! It's one of those fucking emo-bands! Then I got a little uppsest and just walked away. Cause my buss cameRazz But i really wanted to say something back.. What the hell should that have bin? Naah.. i don't know. But I really don't like when peaople say that about them..
chillpill
Always Born a Crime
chillpill
March 5th, 2007 at 03:46pm
The title clearly says something about the song, or else the band wouldn't have picked this title.

The End
When I first saw the title of this song, I thought Why in the world would they have a song called The End at the beginning of their album?. Then when I heard the whole story about the Patient & when I heard DEAD! I automatically got a sense of the title.

The End must mean the end of the Patient's life. You hear a heart rate monitor along with breathing at the start of the song, & at the end of the song [& at the beginning of DEAD!] you hear the heart rate monitor go blank. The Patient died.

I think this song is about all the thoughts he had while he was in the hospital.
Possibility
Killjoy
Possibility
March 6th, 2007 at 09:07pm
im_ok_now93:
No It's About a Gay man about to get married he doesn't have friends because everybody nows he is a pedifile and NOBODY likes him and Gerard is speaking from a little boys that was one of the boy that the man taunted

Do you really think that this is what the song is about?
No!
The song is really about someone dying in a hospital bed. Just like someone else said "... it's feeds off into Dead!"
Yes! The song is leading off into another song about the same person.
The whole album, just like the other two (yes there are two), is wrapped around something. "(2002) I brought you my bullets, you brought me you're love", I think it's about lovers.
"(2004) Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" A man who goes to hell and he can only come back the earth alive if he kills 1000 men. "(2006) The Black Parade" A man is dying in a hospital.
So... that's what I think...
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 8th, 2007 at 10:20pm
This is one of my favorite songs on the album. I think it's about The Patient realising that he's gonna die, but to me it also sounds like it could be about suicide. When I first heard the album I was going through an extra-suicidal phase in my life and that's kinda what I got from the song.

Come one, come all to this tragic affair (suicide)
You might wake up and notice you're someone you're not
AND
If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out firsthand what it's like to be me (thoughts that are experienced by someone who is severely depressed and on the brink of suicide)
I'd encourage your smiles, I'll expect you won't cry (the person is thinking that no one will care)
You've got front row seats to the penitence ball (the person can't deal with their regrets
When I grow up I want to be nothing at all (represents the hopelessness that you feel when you're really depressed)

Anyway I've been suicidal for a long time so that's what the song means to me, even tho I know it's probably about The Patient.
LivingDead
Fabulous Killjoy
LivingDead
March 10th, 2007 at 03:46am
...it's actually about gerard and his bandmates.. in this Song they're not called My Chemical Romance They Wanted to be Called The Black Parade And According to gerard The Black Parade is Thier Alter Ego...
i'm not okay (i promise)
Thinking Happy Thoughts
i'm not okay (i promise)
March 14th, 2007 at 09:56pm
in a blender magazine i read, it says " the end, IS the end. we're resithning fron the scene; we're not a part of what you wanted. we're what we want to be"
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 27th, 2007 at 02:11am
live.love.burn.die:
In this first track on the album, the Patient is not spoken of yet. Instead the song is My Chemical Romance as the Black Parade (their alter egos) welcoming the listener to the "tragic affair" that's about to unfold. The Black Parade tells the listener to "wipe off that make-up", since make-up is something the band had been known to previously wear quite often, they are making sure the listener knows that on this record they aren't My Chemical Romance, but The Black Parade. The song is meant to make you feel like you are about to be taken on a journey, and Ray Toro (MCR's lead guitarist), believes it kind of sets the tone for the rest of the album.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_%28My_Chemical_Romance_song%29

I love this explanation; it makes a great deal of sense. I still would like to stick with the Patient, though--it helps to tie the entire story together. I wouldn't put it past MCR to use the song as a double meaning, however--they're really brilliant with the lyrics and the music.

One line puzzles me, though--"Another contusion, my funeral jag." I looked up "jag," and it merely means, "a sharp projection on an edge or surface." How could it be used in this line, I wonder?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 27th, 2007 at 02:12am
Sorry--my first post, and I had a bit of trouble with my avatar.
heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 27th, 2007 at 07:21pm
Uh, well I think the word jag also means like... kinda, like a period of time though, too.
sea king
Always Born a Crime
sea king
March 30th, 2007 at 03:08pm
Wouldn't a funeral jag be kind of like a funeral song?
Well...that's my best guess.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
March 31st, 2007 at 03:13am
Well, I looked it up on thesaurus.com, not just google now, and there were pages and pages of definitions. The first one seems to make the most sense--a binge, or a self-indulgence. I guess the line is sarcastic, like "Oh, hooray, another contusion--you're spoiling me for my funeral." I could be way off here...
vicious.
Bulletproof Heart
vicious.
March 31st, 2007 at 03:48am
i think the song is about the patient finally realizing he is dying, finally realizing the end is near. he may not want to leave the world behind because there is so much he hasn't yet experienced and he thinks he deserves, or even needs to stay. its almost as if he thinks someone will come to take him away from all of the pain and
save him, cure him, make him well again, when really, the only thing he can do is take life (or in his case,death) as it comes. there is nothing he can do so it seems like he wants help, to get out of this mess and come out OK, even if he is destined to die.
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
Fabulous Killjoy
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
April 10th, 2007 at 11:52am
'Now come one come all to this tragic affair
Wipe off that makeup- what's in is dispair
So throw on that black dress
Mix in with the lot
You might wake up and notice you someone your not'

The first line I think means hes just found out hes dead or dying. 'Wipe off that make-up whats in its despair' means that he's not the person he used to be no more. Saying wipe away what covers him as there is no use for it no more.

I think the first part of the song is about actually dying and coming back as something else quite possibly as it goes 'you might wake up and you're something you're not'.

'If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see
You can find out firsthand what it's like to be me
So gather 'round piggies and kiss this goodbye
I'd encourage your smile, I'll expect you won't cry'

This part could mean before he died he looked at himself and didnt like what he saw either in himself (personality) or on the outside (physical features). So when he dies everyone should gather round and be happy that he's dead and expects them not to cry.

Another contusion, my funeral jag
Here's my resignation, I'll serve it in drag
You've got front row seats to the penitence ball
When I grow up I want to be nothing at all!

The next bit, im not entirely sure, i had to sort of translate it to understand if you get me. I think its another bruise, a sharp funeral funeral. Like a funeral which could be harmful as jag can mean sharp surface. Then about the resignation, i think this means he'll dress up in drag (as a woman if anybody didnt know) and hand his soul or himself into where ever you go when you die.

'You've got front row seats to the penitence ball' saying we are the ones who are closest at the ball of regret. Then, the patient has a possible flash back to childhood and says he wants to be nothing at all.

'C'mon C'mon C'mon I said
(Save me!) Get me the hell out of here
(Save me!) Too young to die and my dear
(You can't!) If you can hear me just walk away and
(Take me!)'

The last bit i think means to get him out of where he is, which would probably be his life. Yet in another light he still wants to be saved. He is too young to die and in a way he thinks he should still go but wants some one to take him as it seems like hes unwanted and had lived life that way but now when dying he wants to be wanted and saved.
Fish Camp
Jazz Hands
Fish Camp
April 10th, 2007 at 12:00pm
i think it's as the patient's dying, he's saying goodbye to his family.

but also, i saw an interview where gerard said it was also the end for a few more things. one, it was the end for mcr (not forever) because the band on the album was the black parade, not my chemical romance. also, he said they were "stepping down" from the whole emo "scene" because it had nothing left for them,
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
Fabulous Killjoy
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
April 10th, 2007 at 12:12pm
I like them on the emo scene.

I dont know what apparent scene they'll go to then.

I didnt really see them as emo i saw them more of an individual band.
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
Fabulous Killjoy
x_Im-Just-A-Gurl_x
April 11th, 2007 at 10:50am
I just heard an interview and they aren't known as 'emo' band.

They were offered that label very earlier on but didnt take it up.
androidgirl
Motor Baby
androidgirl
April 13th, 2007 at 05:04am
when i die, i want this song to be played in my funeral!!!
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
April 14th, 2007 at 03:21pm
I THINK THAT IN THIS SONG IS LIKE WHERE THE STORY BEGINS BEFORE THE PATIENT DIES ..AND HE DOESNT WANT TO GO TO THE THE HOSPITAL AND HES CRYING FOR HELP AND IS PRAYING TO BE SAVED...ITS SO SAD Crying or Very sad
gerardwayfan101
Killjoy
gerardwayfan101
April 19th, 2007 at 09:18pm
i love this song. i think that its about the end of your life. im listening to it right now!! Clap