Don't have an account? Create one!

This Is How I Disappear

AuthorMessage
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
July 19th, 2007 at 09:12am
MyChEmXRoMaNcE94:
I think it's this is about rape. It could be he was raped, and the ghost is coming back to haunt him, or he was the one that raped people.

There're things that I have done,
You never should ever know!

Drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed.

Words I thought I'd choke on figure out.
I'm really not so with you anymore.
I'm just a ghost,
So I can't hurt you anymore,
So I can't hurt you anymore.

And now, you wanna see how far down I can sink?
Let me go, fuck!

It was just a thought, but that's what I think the song is about.

^^ Yes but can I just point out that in an interview he said that he accidentally said "fuck" and that it was kept on the record. The atmosphere just built up while they were recording and he just spontaneously said it. Just in case that makes any significant chang to what you're saying.

I can't remember where I read that but I know it was one of the scans that they have on theimmortalityproject.com of MCR interviews in magazines. Wink
goffman
Killjoy
goffman
July 20th, 2007 at 07:45am
it could be that hes dead and is asking his girlfriend (who is living) if she'll go to heaven to meet him at the good ol' pearly gates.
UnlucKyneSss
Killjoy
UnlucKyneSss
August 5th, 2007 at 01:13pm
it probably is about a patient realising hes dead and leaving family etc behind coz think of the album its on and the black parade, famous last words and cancer ... theyre all related in some way or other!
Demolition Lover.
Killjoy
Demolition Lover.
August 12th, 2007 at 05:25am
I really think this song is saying:
"I cant' live without you,you are my air,i might as well die if i cant' be with you".

"Live my life alone,forever now"^^^
hiphip hooray for me
Fabulous Killjoy
hiphip hooray for me
November 1st, 2007 at 05:20pm
I didn't read what everybody else posted about the song, otherwise I will feel weird about posting this, coz I don't know if it makes sense.

Well let me begin. It is realllly long, sorry in advanced

I think it is about this guy and he has done a lot of things wrong, but big things, stuff he thinks is unforgivable. There is also this woman, but not a woman like human, she represents innocence. And in the song he sings, or talks to innocence.

To un-explain the unforgivable – His sins is to big to make excuses for.

Drain all the blood and give the kids a show – meaning, if he would tell 'innocence' all his wrongs, then it is as good as killing himself in front of little kids.

By streetlight, this dark night, a séance down below there're things that I've done you never should ever now. – He's ashamed of telling 'innocence' of what he has done, coz then he would take away her innocence.

And without you is how I disappear, and live my life alone forever now ... - He is telling 'innocence' that without her he disappears into the dark, 'evil' if you will.

Who walks among the famous living dead, drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed – He wants to know who or what takes away peoples innocence.

And if you could talk to me - if I were I innocent person

Tell me if it's so that all the good girls go to heaven well heaven knows – He want to know if all the people how dies without sins (in lake of a better word) goes to heaven.

Can you hear me cry out to you, words I thought I'd choke on – he is surrendering to his ways, he want innocence to help him.

figure out I'm really not so with you anymore, I'm just a ghost – through out his life, he lost sight of her and to innocence he is just a ghost because of his past and what he had done.

So I can't hurt you anymore – he is so far down/into the wrong path that she can't find him

And now you wanna see how far down I can sink, let me go ... – Innocence has completely left him, and he is just falling and falling and he wishes he didn't know her, coz then he wouldn't feel like this in the first place.

So this is what I think, and also what I think is interesting, if you listen to the song at the ending before and somewhat after he screams fuck, the music plays a big role in the emotion of the song, meaning, the drums and guitars are in contras with each other. If you listen to the drums, it is a slow steady beat, representing his life, he is trying to get out of his own ways but he can't he is stuck. And then the guitars are so aggressive and fast representing his will, his want to change and break free, but the drums won't let him.

Sorry this is a dangerously long post, hope you didn't get pinkeye, hehe.
Radio Saturday
Salute You in Your Grave
Radio Saturday
November 1st, 2007 at 07:32pm
I always figured it was the Patient talking to his lover, with whom he has a very fraught relationship. He's telling her not to leave, that even though he has all these secrets from her, he needs her there if only to have someone to bitch and scream at. He wants her, he needs her, but she's not going to put up with the crap he's making her take, so he's just screaming and crying, telling her to stick with him.

Hope that made sense.
mrs_allie_gerard_way
Killjoy
mrs_allie_gerard_way
November 8th, 2007 at 01:10pm
i think its about a guy who is in love yet cant get the girl hench "without you is how i dissapper" he want her so much yet cant have her he kills him self to let go of the pain.... DUH
Pansy Wayero
Jazz Hands
Pansy Wayero
November 8th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Total Phreek:
I found the song was about a man who has died and lives in this house and when he loved one (his wife or whoever) comes to the house he can be seen by the living but as soon as she is gone he is still there but no one can see him - "And without you is how I disappear".
I also think that before this man died he has a fight with his wife and when she comes to this house he is just trying to say sorry because then he thinks he will be able to pass on to the other side:
"Can you hear me cry out to you?
I'm really not so with you any more.
I'm just a ghost, so I can't hurt you anymore,
So I can't hurt you anymore."

i agree with you. ' i'm really not so with you any more, i'm just a ghost so i can't hurt you anymore' that bit seems to me that the patient is kind of glad he died because he can't hurt his lover anymore.
So I can't hurt you anymore."
Well, thats what i think anyway ^^
jared leto.
Awake and Unafraid
jared leto.
February 6th, 2008 at 07:51pm
Chemical Bride:
This is probably one of my favorite songs from the CD. And reading over what you guys said makes a lot of sense to me. Probably my favorite lyric is "And if you could talk to me, Tell me if it so. That all the good girls go to heaven." (I'm thinking Patien's lover is dying..or something and he's wondering if the good girls like her will go to heaven)
Um thanks what I think anyways. Hehe.
x-demolition-lover-
Killjoy
x-demolition-lover-
February 7th, 2008 at 12:13am
If you really listen to the lyrics, theyr quite sad... Sad Depressing even?
vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vampire kitteh :3
May 1st, 2008 at 04:13pm
i think in the song the Patient iz already dead. he and his lover r trying 2 contact eachother (a seance down below) but they cant cuz the Patient iz "just a ghost" and he iz frustrated about this situation.

i hope that makez sense.....
STFUvanner_x
Killjoy
STFUvanner_x
May 1st, 2008 at 09:21pm
i agree about the patient, and my opinion on it to is that maybe a couple broke up, and one of them is still in love with the other like in one part of the song "live my life alone".
my unique romance
Jazz Hands
my unique romance
May 2nd, 2008 at 02:33pm
i think the song is about someone looking back at a point where they thought losing someone in a relationship was gonna make the 'dissapear' either this or as the tempo and sound of the song suggests to me that it is the end of a relationship and the narrator is being sarcastic in saying that without you i disapear..... either one makes sense to me .... Smile
Spiderlover
Killjoy
Spiderlover
May 22nd, 2008 at 12:53pm
Here are the lyrics for the song "This is how is disappear"

Go!

To unexplain the unforgivable,
Drain all the blood and give the kids a show.
By streetlight this dark night,
A seance down below.
There's things that I have done, you never,
Should ever know.

And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.

Who walks among the famous living dead,
And if you could talk to me,
Tell me if it's so,
That all good girls go to heaven.
Well, heaven knows,

That without you is how I disappear.

Can you hear me cry out to you?

And now
You wanna see how far down I can sink?
Let me out!
So you can
Well now so you can
I'm so far away from you
Well now so you can

Forever
Forever now
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
May 22nd, 2008 at 10:35pm
it seems to me this song might be based upon a few different but related topics
including certain horror stories that G was so fond of.
actually i see it as 2 parallel things: 1) Monsters & 2) Rock stars/celebrities.

To unexplain the unforgivable,
Drain all the blood and give the kids a show.
By streetlight this dark night,
A seance down below.
There's things that I have done, you never,
Should ever know.

Monster Theory: this seems rather like the bogeyman, or the universal monster that all children fear yet r inexplicably drawn to. if that's so, then the song wd be from the POV of this 'bogeyman'. (the 'seance down below' might refer to a fictional work that gerard had read before & if anyone thinks they know this pls do tell.)
Rock Star Theory: 'give the kids a show' is obvious. 'seance down below' might well b comparing a concert or performance to a seance, becoz it's almost like an uplifting spiritual experience to the fans. 'things i have done..u never should ever know' could be saying, "You think i'm perfect & god-like but i'm a flawed human like u & i've done my share of bad things."

Monster theory: These monsters r only real as long as they r a figment of our imagination. when we stop believing in them, that's how they disappear. even Count Dracula would lose his appeal if the young maidens were no longer seduced by his power & the vampire slayers ceased hunting him. to use a simple allegory
Rock star theory: 'without you is how I disappear/And live my life alone forever' might be talking abt how they are never alone -- surrounded by thousands of admirers -- & yet always alone becoz they r isolated as a result of fame. the contradictory nature of stardom & all.

Who walks among the famous living dead,
And if you could talk to me,
Tell me if it's so,
That all good girls go to heaven.
Well, heaven knows.

Monster theory: 'famous living dead' may well refer to all the legendary figures we know & love: Frankenstein, the Wolfman, Lady Carmilla etc...
Rock star theory: might b comparing these mythical figures to celebrities. 'famous living dead' could refer to how rock stars are immortal in the eyes of their fans. & 'drown boys & girls inside ur bed' as groupies or people who r seduced by them.

Can you hear me cry out to you?

Monster Theory: despite their horrifying presence, without the belief of ppl in them they will fade away. they desperately need the conviction of ppl that they exist.
Rock Star Theory: if u let fame & the fast life devour u, eventually u will become a ghost, wasted & washed out, & be overwhelmed by ur own success.

if i seem long-winded, apologies. this is a side effect of being a former Literature student. Smile
AuthenticManiac
Killjoy
AuthenticManiac
May 27th, 2008 at 11:11pm
My discription is probably like anyone elses... It's about how it's hard to deal with a loved one lost. When you lose someone... you lose a piece of yourself with them... one by one you'll... 'Disappear'
darenmay
Thinking Happy Thoughts
darenmay
May 28th, 2008 at 04:54am
i think it is depression.. another sad song
demolitionloversmway
Thinking Happy Thoughts
demolitionloversmway
June 1st, 2008 at 04:35pm
yea i just sort of always got the feel that since its after dead! he knows that hes dying and i always sort of got the idea that he felt as if he was invisible and that there was nothing that he could do about his life anymore...that he had to just wait for death to take him. that he feels sort of hopleless and powerless and hes just waiter for life after death
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
June 22nd, 2008 at 01:56pm
Ok forgive me if you think im wrong, but ya know how everyone is saying that it could be his lover dying? Well, in welcome to the black parade he says sometimes I get the feeling shes watching over me. Maybe that could be her. And that girl in the video, maybe that could be her too. Just an opinion...
misery and harmony
Salute You in Your Grave
misery and harmony
June 23rd, 2008 at 04:37am
WiltedRose:
Ok forgive me if you think im wrong, but ya know how everyone is saying that it could be his lover dying? Well, in welcome to the black parade he says sometimes I get the feeling shes watching over me. Maybe that could be her. And that girl in the video, maybe that could be her too. Just an opinion...

hmm...interesting. TBP album was like a journey so why not? it could be like that.