This Is How I Disappear

AuthorMessage
EATEN ALIVE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
EATEN ALIVE
March 23rd, 2007 at 02:54pm
wooo, Catcher's one of my fave books too! [[:
to the topic then.

like ALLLWAYS, i think there's double meaning for this song. from Patients story and then from this real life. Patient first.

i think that its kinda 'convo' between Patients lover and Patient himself. like the first part is Patien talking kinda to himself,
"all these things ive done...." <-he feels like his Lover is better without him, he wasnt the guy he wanted to be to that person.
Then its the Lover talking about how its miserable without Patient, how htey'll grieve and 'live alone for ever now', not taking anyone there to replace Patient.
and then from
"Can you hear me cry out to you?"
its Patients shout out again. he walks as a ghost, sees how his Lover grieves over him and he kinda feels like there's not much to grieve.
"im just a ghost, so i cant hurt you anymore", he feels like its better for the Lover to be without him.

then the other meaning.
in the beginnin, when it says "To unexplain the unforgivable,
Drain all the blood and give the kids a show"
it makes it pretty clear this is guys of MCR talking. and the song tells how they've done bad things, how they have problems and all shit on their backs. but how through all that they still get up to stages to give us kids something special and at the same time do what they love the most. and how they have to stand for each other, stay as the brothers they are to be able to do that and so on.
meh, i think too much : D
vamps-never-you
Killjoy
vamps-never-you
March 25th, 2007 at 09:07pm
I think the song isabout losing someone. Not that they die or anything....but they just dont love you and the song basically describes someones life going into complete termoil
Funky Crime
Bleeding on the Floor
Funky Crime
March 25th, 2007 at 11:35pm
I think, besides the Patient, this song is about Gerard, and how a lot of people's impression of him are wrong.
Like, some of the song is about what people think of him, and then other parts are about him overcoming the ibsticles people throw at him personally and taking a stand...
Yeah.
philosopher of mcr
Killjoy
philosopher of mcr
March 26th, 2007 at 12:47am
i think that in this song the patient is being left by his lover and is telling her that if she leaves him she will never hear from him again "And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.
And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now."
he also hints at the horrors of his past which are later revealed in Mama
"theres things that i have done you never should eva know"
from the bridge the patient is alone and has been left by his lover and is crying out to her
"an you hear me cry out to you?
Words I thought I'd choke on figure out.
I'm really not so with you any more."
he goes on to to reveal he cant hurt her anymore and hes dead to her
"'m just a ghost, so I can't hurt you anymore,
So I can't hurt you anymore."
the patient then reveals his resentment toward his lover for leaving him
"And now
You wanna see how far down I can sink?
Let me out!" ultimateley this song reveals that the patient put a great burden on his lover and she leaves him for this
Truth
Killjoy
Truth
April 8th, 2007 at 07:04pm
Yeah, I agree, it involves the person losing his lover and really doesn't want o.

"Without You, is how I disapeear"
So without her by his side and even around his presence is how he disapeears, dies inside...loses the will to live...therefore is forced to then

"Live my life alone...forever"
ShotGun Sinner.XG
Fabulous Killjoy
ShotGun Sinner.XG
April 12th, 2007 at 12:39pm
Yep.

He can't stand to be away from her, and without her, he's going to die.
"Without you, is how I disappear. And live my life alone...forever now."

It's all over, the curtain is closing on him right before his eyes.
seraphina0013
Killjoy
seraphina0013
April 12th, 2007 at 05:20pm
i knw that this sounds a bit religious, but when the song says, "and if i could talk to you, tell me all the girls go to heaven, well heaven knows" i wonder if he's thinking this to himself, wondering if he could talk to God, what would happen to all the good girls.
Hobob
Jazz Hands
Hobob
April 12th, 2007 at 08:52pm
thank god im not the only one.. i thought i was going crazy
the first time i heard this song i thought it was about mikey too
i dunno why but everytime i hear this song i think its about the relationship between Mikey and Gerard during the making of the album
Danger.Zone--
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danger.Zone--
April 13th, 2007 at 01:31am
This is how i die.With out the person the songs about he cant live its just to hard

This song could be about elena in my eyes
Because she was such a big part of them
and its hard to live without her
takezo kenzei.
Awake and Unafraid
takezo kenzei.
April 14th, 2007 at 05:58pm
This song is really strong. It's so huge and with the lyrics it just hits your heart in one sec. It's amazing.
MyGeekyRomance
Killjoy
MyGeekyRomance
April 20th, 2007 at 05:19pm
I think this song is about guilt...that someone has killed there partner and tries to puton a brave face, but inside they are thinking about killing themselves because they miss there partener so much and regrat killing them more that anything I think "dissapear" really meank "kill myself" Mr. Green
Brain damage
Salute You in Your Grave
Brain damage
April 20th, 2007 at 07:11pm
Seven_illusions:
When I first heard this song, before I read the lyrics, It reminded me of vampires...
Lol, I have a habit of imagining a video for almost every song I like xD!...

hehe me to manXD
firephoenix0013
Killjoy
firephoenix0013
April 21st, 2007 at 11:50am
This song might have to do with faith. Gerard and Mikey were raised in a Christian upbringing (but no longer practice it)
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
April 23rd, 2007 at 08:17am
okay look Gerard said that some of the songs on THe Black Parade dont have to do with the patient and i think this is one of them. i just think its about someone who died loking down on there lover or a bunch of people that he loved and there having a seance, trying to contact the dead. the ghost replies in the song, as yu can see, from where it says 'can you here me cry out to you?' etc etc. thats wat i think.
=]
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
April 23rd, 2007 at 08:26am
EATEN ALIVE, i think your right how you said that he [the ghost] feels like its better for the lover to be without him [but i dont think its bout the patient]
meh, i could be totally wrong, but this is how i think..
[this is how i disappear]..lol
plz guys tell me what you think..
oo_mitch05_oo
Killjoy
oo_mitch05_oo
April 23rd, 2007 at 08:57am
Horhay the Toucan:
I think it might be about the Patient being frustrated that he can't contact any of his living loved ones......

hey! that's what i think Naughty
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 23rd, 2007 at 03:22pm
You know, I rather think that it's the girl talking to the Patient. She's trying to get her goodbyes out of the way, and reconciling disputes.

1st verse--talking about what they're doing to him in the hospital. It's probably made a serious impression on her. The line, "Things that I have done," might imply that she's not been faithful, and she'd like to get it in the open and be forgiven, but maybe she shouldn't fill his last hours with grief.

Chorus--She'll miss him.

2nd verse--"Who walks among the famous living dead, drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed." That line is very ambiguous, and I won't even touch on it. But the "good girls" part--maybe she's asking for him to send her a message from the other side--will she get to heaven?

The whole "Let me go!" bit, I think, is the girl trying to sort out her feelings toward him--maybe he wasn't very kind to her. Abusive, domineering, perhaps? She still loves him, and ends with the lament, "And without you is how I disappear and live my life alone, forever now."

Just my theory.
Immortality.
Motor Baby
Immortality.
April 23rd, 2007 at 03:38pm
does no one agree with me!?!!?
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
April 24th, 2007 at 08:17pm
McrVamp:
does no one agree with me!?!!?

Sorry, but I think this one applies to the Patient. I have little doubt, though, that there are a few songs that don't pertain to him.
Snowball.
Demolition Lover
Snowball.
April 28th, 2007 at 02:09am
And without you is how I disappear
Theres the answer