Don't have an account? Create one!

This Is How I Disappear

AuthorMessage
Vanya.
Jazz Hands
Vanya.
May 20th, 2007 at 01:34am
I think that, in real life, this song is about the time when Mikey had his nervous breakdown, and Gerard didn't know what to do anymore, because he says, "Without you, is how i disappear, and live my life alone, forever now" which was probably referring to how Mikey is his best friend, and he felt like he was losing him.
MCR FREAK
Fabulous Killjoy
MCR FREAK
May 20th, 2007 at 12:11pm
I think this song is about you loosing the one you love and you feel like you can't go on without them.
Your.Guardian.Angel.
Jazz Hands
Your.Guardian.Angel.
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:32pm
I think this song is about how, without the one most important to him in this life, he doesn't have much of a reason to exist in this life.
KN!VES
Joining The Black Parade
KN!VES
May 22nd, 2007 at 03:43pm
This song is without a doubt about The Patient speaking to his lover, telling her in short that if she leaves, or if she forgets him, then he will disappear. He won't be remembered as supposedly he isn't cared for by many - one or two if at all - and, well, no one wants to be forgotten on their deathbed.
Solitary Style.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Solitary Style.
May 23rd, 2007 at 12:33am
KN!VES:
This song is without a doubt about The Patient speaking to his lover, telling her in short that if she leaves, or if she forgets him, then he will disappear. He won't be remembered as supposedly he isn't cared for by many - one or two if at all - and, well, no one wants to be forgotten on their deathbed.

I don't see why it couldn't be the Patient's girlfriend. "Tell me if it's so, that all the good girls go to heaven." That's the line that sort of convinced me, but the song as a whole, I think, is the Patient's gf trying to sort out her feelings.
BeautyImFakin
Killjoy
BeautyImFakin
May 24th, 2007 at 02:19pm
Seven_illusions:
When I first heard this song, before I read the lyrics, It reminded me of vampires...
Lol, I have a habit of imagining a video for almost every song I like xD!...

That's Crazy i thought i only did that.!!
My_Fawkesian_romance
Killjoy
My_Fawkesian_romance
May 29th, 2007 at 02:57pm
apart from the concept, i think its about loving someone who leaves you, and with out them in your life, you feal that you just want to dissappear.
hahahhaa
Killjoy
hahahhaa
May 30th, 2007 at 10:29am
I think that it concerns a type robber that spite has of its actions and that tie has only remained that entirely by stealing behind and nevertheless still hopes someone forgives him. Very Happy
mcrjunkie
Killjoy
mcrjunkie
June 11th, 2007 at 07:23pm
I finK dE sonG meanT.....hMm.m...............daT SomEonE anD someonE Is apRt AnD One someonE wanteD tO expresS HiS feelingS to dE otheR someonE...hmmM...DatZ woT i finK......donT CritisiZE my ExplaininG oF my OpinioN...
Marek Angel of Reven
Killjoy
Marek Angel of Reven
June 12th, 2007 at 04:13pm
BeautyImFakin:
Seven_illusions:
When I first heard this song, before I read the lyrics, It reminded me of vampires...
Lol, I have a habit of imagining a video for almost every song I like xD!...

That's Crazy i thought i only did that.!!

heh heh, nice to know that I'm not the only nut who does that!! *chuckles*

no, but it sounds like this song is about something or somone was takin away and without it you just feel...invisible. It just feels really angry and depressed and confused
"And without you is how I disapear and live my life alone forever now"
The.Frerard.Cookie
Killjoy
The.Frerard.Cookie
June 20th, 2007 at 08:30am
yeah! I thought It was about depression and wanting to escape...
shows how much i know!

X x
CherriBoomBoom
Fabulous Killjoy
CherriBoomBoom
June 21st, 2007 at 06:48pm
I think it's about someone who cheats on his loved one ("there's things that I have done you never should ever know"Wink and then can't stand the pain so kills himself ("i'm just a ghost so I can't hurt you anymore"Wink but when the person's dead he tries to confess ("can you hear me cry out to you words I thought I'd choke on"Wink. I know it doesn't have any link with the rest of the CD but this is what I figured out.
CherriBoomBoom
Fabulous Killjoy
CherriBoomBoom
June 21st, 2007 at 06:48pm
sorry about the winkies lol didn't know it would do that
rokka66
Killjoy
rokka66
June 27th, 2007 at 08:09am
Wow i never really looked at the song from the patients point of view. I had always thought that the song was reference to MCR stay at the paramour, especially the second verse.

"who walks among the famous living dead?"- when mikey left gerard said they became like ghosts and haunted the house, dead but not quite.

"Drowns all the boys and girls inside their beds"- to those who have had night terrors i don't need to explain.

"And if you could talk to me tell me if its so that all the good girls go to heaven"- wasn't the house they were staying rumored to be haunted by Daisy Canfield Danziger? who's buried on property?

"and without you is how i disappear" - mikey leaving the band

anyway thats how i always saw it Bye
teardrop101
Killjoy
teardrop101
June 30th, 2007 at 12:52pm
i think it's about after the patient discover that he's dying in the song "dead" and he's gonna die soon so he see's his lover as the only person beside him and cares about him and without her he will not make it "And without you is how I disappear" and he's asking if all the good girls go to heaven because she's been beside him all the time and taking care of him when he was dying "Tell me if it's so that all good girls go to heaven"
and after he dies he's now just a ghost and he can't hurt anymore because he hurt her alot when he told her he's dying.. well that's what i think
Spencer Reid
Always Born a Crime
Spencer Reid
July 3rd, 2007 at 05:14am
I, personally, think that this song has a double meaning.
Yes, it does have a place in the Black Parade story.
But, I think that there is another side to it.
A side about the band and their fans.

To unexplain the unforgivable,
Drain all the blood and give the kids a show.

^^MCR are having to perfom so much.
It's tiring and sort of 'draining the life out of them'.
And also performing as the Black Parade, who are dead.

By streetlight this dark night,
A seance down below.

^^It's like how Ray described their live shows, "The inner demons come out."
They are bringing out these demons inside them for the show.

There's things that I have done, you never,
Should ever know.

^^There are things in their life that us, as fans, shouldn't ever know because they are considered heroes and we might think less of them if we knew some of the stuff that they have done in their past.

And without you is how I disappear,
And live my life alone forever now.

^^Without the love of the fans, MCR would fade from the music business.
Fans are what keeps a band alive.

Who walks among the famous living dead,
Drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed.

^^The fans that listen to the music while they sleep.
The music washes over them as they sleep, as if in water.

And if you could talk to me,
Tell me if it's so,
That all good girls go to heaven.
Well, heaven knows,

^^If the fans could meet them, they would tell them how much they loved them and how they saved their lives from suicide or depression.

That without you is how I disappear.

^^Already explained above.

Can you hear me cry out to you?
Words I thought I'd choke on figure out.

^^They are saying that their lyrics aren't just words, that they are actually a part of them and they have something meaningful to say.

I'm really not so with you any more.
I'm just a ghost, so I can't hurt you anymore,
So I can't hurt you anymore.

^^I'm not really sure what this piece means.
My first theory is that it is about how fans hold them so close, but they aren't really there.
It's just their music that is with them, not them physically.
My second theory is that they are no longer My Chemical Romance, but the Black Parade.
My Chemical Romance was focused on pain and hurt, while the Black Parade was more focused on the transition of life to death.

And now
You wanna see how far down I can sink?
Let me out!
So you can
Well now so you can
I'm so far away from you
Well now so you can

^^Again, I'm not sure what this means also.
Maybe they are losing themselves in the world of fame?
All the former fans saying that they are 'sell outs' think that they sunk really low when they became MTV regulars and hae drifted farther away from the band.

Forever
Forever now

^^Again, this is saying that without the fans, they would be nothing.

That's just my take on the song.
If you don't agree, please refrain from wanting to impugn me.
Thanks!
Monkey-Turtle
Killjoy
Monkey-Turtle
July 6th, 2007 at 06:36am
(I may be restating what someone else has said it just means I unknowingly agree with you)

I think part of it may be that we all die alone.

Or:
"To unexplain the unforgivable, drain all the blood and give the kids a show" - a man trying to explain to his kids that he's dying.
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
July 9th, 2007 at 09:46am
Maybe its not about the patient at all..maybe it's the lovers point of view..with the patient butting in with the whole "I'm just a ghost so I can't hurt you anymore" but indeed he is by not being there it hurts her even more....and maybe shes thinking about suicide..with the " tell me if its so that all good girls go to heaven"...because she figures if she's been good all this time what's one jump off a building or bridge what's one slash across the wrist or whats one toaster in the tub going to do to her 'Kindly lived life'...im not 100% sure tho...-_-...it's kinda confusing
Nerual
Bleeding on the Floor
Nerual
July 13th, 2007 at 08:06am
Why do I have this strange feeling that it's about Bert?

Ignore me...
MyChEmXRoMaNcE94
Killjoy
MyChEmXRoMaNcE94
July 19th, 2007 at 03:33am
I think it's this is about rape. It could be he was raped, and the ghost is coming back to haunt him, or he was the one that raped people.

There're things that I have done,
You never should ever know!

Drowns all the boys and girls inside your bed.

Words I thought I'd choke on figure out.
I'm really not so with you anymore.
I'm just a ghost,
So I can't hurt you anymore,
So I can't hurt you anymore.

And now, you wanna see how far down I can sink?
Let me go, fuck!

It was just a thought, but that's what I think the song is about.