Don't have an account? Create one!

November 5th, 2006 - Sneak Preview of the Umbrella Academy

AuthorMessage
ChAoS
Fabulous Killjoy
ChAoS
January 9th, 2007 at 04:25pm
It looks awesome but I don't think I'll buy it because I'm not that much into comics.

AliroSilver:
Who the hell wrote the French text? The grammar's a bit off.

Yeah but it's a good effort to put some French in it event though my grammar-nazi self couldn't help and noticed every mistakes... Sad Like, it shouldn't be "Arrière-moi" but "Derrière-moi" and huh... "Ne pas vous gênez mourant" doesn't work, I don't even know what it's supposed to mean but eh! who cares? What matter is the intention, isn't it?
mbgfr_278
Fabulous Killjoy
mbgfr_278
January 9th, 2007 at 10:06pm
oooooo i sort off unsderstood it lol those french classes is actually useful ! wowww could people in australia buy it???

i like comics.
PenisPie
Bleeding on the Floor
PenisPie
January 9th, 2007 at 10:56pm
Gerard didnt draw it? o.0
but that was cool. i cant speak french >.<
na.
Shotgun Sinner
na.
January 10th, 2007 at 06:12am
serve it in_drag:
__im only saying this and im sure your smart enough to figure this out for yourself but ill say it anyways__
I think you should only buy this if you are into comics, not if you want to support what Gerard is doing or because you want it to sell, because imagine every MCR fan buying the comic and then ofcorse the comic readers, like it would sell so well but it kind of wouldnt be good if it sold only because people like Gerard, he would get hurt if they didnt buy it to enjoy it (even though you probarby would end up liking it). that doesnt make sense but yeah only buy it if you are interested in comics.

I mean, why? Gerard's already said he knows that a lot of kids will buy his comic because of My Chemical Romance and it'll probably be their first comic bought, too. Whether they buy it because they enjoy comics, or because they enjoy MCR, they're still supporting Gerard. I think most likely a lot of the comic readers will also be a little into MCR as well, being that they're thinking of buying it. I mean, can you honestly imagine some random avid comic book fan picking up The Umbrella Academy and going, "Gerard Way wrote this? Wow!"

I just don't agree with that at all. I've never been particularly interested in comics (yeah, maybe like one Batman comic ever) but I respect Gerard as a writer, and I'm way excited to read it. But just... you saying "You've never read a comic, so don't buy this because you like Gerard, 'cause he'll get hurt"... I dunno, just no? He'll appreciate every comic sold, and probably get a little excited if it means his first comic gets thousands of kids into comic books.
on birds and glass
Always Born a Crime
on birds and glass
January 11th, 2007 at 04:38pm
Does anyone know the release date of it yet?
The Rocker
Bleeding on the Floor
The Rocker
January 11th, 2007 at 07:37pm
I like it.
Julia
Killjoy
Julia
January 12th, 2007 at 05:45am
i would have thought that gerard would be drawing some of it which i would have liked but thats ok - anyone know when its going to be released?
Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
January 12th, 2007 at 12:17pm
I didn't think it was that great but i suppose it will get better. How did you get hold of that?
xoxo...GossipGirl
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xoxo...GossipGirl
January 12th, 2007 at 02:50pm
Gerard WELL should have done the artwork!
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
January 12th, 2007 at 02:53pm
Julia:
i would have thought that gerard would be drawing some of it which i would have liked but thats ok - anyone know when its going to be released?

Though there is no solid release date as of yet, it is estimated to hit shelves some time in mid-2007.
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
January 12th, 2007 at 03:42pm
Well, whenever it comes out, I'm buying it for sure.
I never buy comics... but hey, it's our Gerard. It'll be damn awesome.
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
January 12th, 2007 at 04:54pm
i dont know whether this has been posted or not but here are some of the characters in the comic...

Demolition Lover Jo
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Demolition Lover Jo
January 12th, 2007 at 04:57pm
ooooh those are neat Smile
Geoff Rickly
Banned
Geoff Rickly
January 12th, 2007 at 04:58pm
I wonder if Gerard reads Godchild b/c one of them was named "Hargreeves" and the main character in Godchild is Earl Hargraves...I think.
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
January 12th, 2007 at 05:11pm
rawr, i must find out when it comes out
konton.
Always Born a Crime
konton.
January 14th, 2007 at 12:56am
I heard about in on tv weeks ago...but I thought it was the umbrella COMPANY...so when I searched for it in the internet all I got was crap.
rockonbaby
Thinking Happy Thoughts
rockonbaby
January 14th, 2007 at 11:40pm
i'm not a big comic book reader, but i've always planned on getting The Umbrella Academy not cus gerard wrote it, but because i saw the basis of what this comic book is gonna be about and the characters seem sooo unique with their really unique powers. anyways, you guys cant possibly be disappointed gerard didn't do all the artwork for the comic because his bands gonna be busy as fck doing interviews, playing shows and traveling and getting time to actually relax from day after day of playing. anyways, if this helps, he drew out his characters to give to gabriel ba so ba has an idea of what to draw, and hey, gee actually took time to come up with story ideas and situations, dont complain!
setmybodyonfiresoica
Demolition Lover
setmybodyonfiresoica
January 19th, 2007 at 04:34pm
space boy.

=)
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXx_BlackParade_xXx
January 19th, 2007 at 06:37pm
rockonbaby:
i'm not a big comic book reader, but i've always planned on getting The Umbrella Academy not cus gerard wrote it, but because i saw the basis of what this comic book is gonna be about and the characters seem sooo unique with their really unique powers. anyways, you guys cant possibly be disappointed gerard didn't do all the artwork for the comic because his bands gonna be busy as fck doing interviews, playing shows and traveling and getting time to actually relax from day after day of playing. anyways, if this helps, he drew out his characters to give to gabriel ba so ba has an idea of what to draw, and hey, gee actually took time to come up with story ideas and situations, dont complain!

good point but what stinks is there are no comic book stores around here or any place that sells comic books, well i havent come upon any there probably is, well i do read some comics but not like series i read the newspaper comics, computer comics, and sometimes i read normal comics but i havent recently cause i havent had time but oh well i hope it comes out really soon i saw some other parts of it and they were good so i really wanna get it
Chemical_Romance
Salute You in Your Grave
Chemical_Romance
January 19th, 2007 at 06:47pm
LOUD NOISES!:
serve it in_drag:
__im only saying this and im sure your smart enough to figure this out for yourself but ill say it anyways__
I think you should only buy this if you are into comics, not if you want to support what Gerard is doing or because you want it to sell, because imagine every MCR fan buying the comic and then ofcorse the comic readers, like it would sell so well but it kind of wouldnt be good if it sold only because people like Gerard, he would get hurt if they didnt buy it to enjoy it (even though you probarby would end up liking it). that doesnt make sense but yeah only buy it if you are interested in comics.

I mean, why? Gerard's already said he knows that a lot of kids will buy his comic because of My Chemical Romance and it'll probably be their first comic bought, too. Whether they buy it because they enjoy comics, or because they enjoy MCR, they're still supporting Gerard. I think most likely a lot of the comic readers will also be a little into MCR as well, being that they're thinking of buying it. I mean, can you honestly imagine some random avid comic book fan picking up The Umbrella Academy and going, "Gerard Way wrote this? Wow!"

I just don't agree with that at all. I've never been particularly interested in comics (yeah, maybe like one Batman comic ever) but I respect Gerard as a writer, and I'm way excited to read it. But just... you saying "You've never read a comic, so don't buy this because you like Gerard, 'cause he'll get hurt"... I dunno, just no? He'll appreciate every comic sold, and probably get a little excited if it means his first comic gets thousands of kids into comic books.

You've just mad my decision for me.

I wasn't going to buy the Comic because I felt like a fraud as I've never read a comic [[Exceptions to Dennis The Mennis..But that wasn;t a proper comic]] and didn't want people thinking 'You're only reading that because Gerard wrote it'/
But now, I will buy it, not just because I admire Gerard, but because I want to support him and help make one of his dreams come true. So if that means buying every issue the the comic, then so be it. If it means that at the end of the day, Gerard has a smile on his face, I'll buy it.

And to all those MCR fans that think non-comic fans shouldn't buy it, then how can you say you support MCR?