Don't have an account? Create one!

November 5th, 2006 - Sneak Preview of the Umbrella Academy

AuthorMessage
regretting fear.
Killjoy
regretting fear.
January 19th, 2007 at 07:39pm
system failure;;:
I think people who have never picked up or read a comic book before will go and buy this just 'cos Gerard wrote it.

...I'll be one of them. XD

Same. x)

I swear, why on earth does this place have to be so small? I'm going to have to ask my sister who lives in an actual city to buy it for me. Augh.

I think it might hurt Gerard if everyone just bought it because they "wanted his dream to come true," because I wouldn't want support from fans that know me from something else and just want to make my dreams come true. Or I might. But the point is, kids should buy it if they really love the plot and not just for the "Gerard Factor" that crazy fans like us do and stuff. I mean, I would want to have my comic become a craze because people liked it, not because they want to support my life or because I'm so sexy. xD

edit: page claim?
pleasure.
Bulletproof Heart
pleasure.
January 20th, 2007 at 06:52am
If Gerard didn't do any of the artwork, what did he have a part in...?
lune
Motor Baby
lune
January 20th, 2007 at 07:01am
gerard wrote the storyline.

I won't be able to get it probably the town I live doesn't seem to sell any comics(theres other comics I'd buy but can't find anywhere to buy them) I wouldn't just buy it coz gerard wrote it if I could buy it somewhere. stupid town.
DoItTheGerardWay
Killjoy
DoItTheGerardWay
January 20th, 2007 at 10:04pm
Aww Well Done My Gee < 3
hunzana
Awake and Unafraid
hunzana
January 21st, 2007 at 12:17am
oh cool he used that 'space boy' guy in it like what he was talking about on LOTMS :]
I love reading comics, i cant wait till this comes out.
ScarletClockwork
Killjoy
ScarletClockwork
January 23rd, 2007 at 01:07pm
interesting...he's very good...
sister to sleep
Killjoy
sister to sleep
January 23rd, 2007 at 09:03pm
id buy it becoz i like reading comics but i prolly wont be able to get becoz we have no comic book store i dont think??? i should look that up but anyways i think its really good.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
January 25th, 2007 at 02:50pm
hah.
that was funny.
maybe i'll pick it up.
it seems pretty good.
who knows.
rhymes with hell
Killjoy
rhymes with hell
January 25th, 2007 at 10:33pm
I don't know if anyone has heard this yet, but I just got an email saying that this years Free Comic Book Day is May 5th and the Umbrella Academy is one of the titles.

Free Comic Book Day
Bonne.Idee
Joining The Black Parade
Bonne.Idee
January 26th, 2007 at 02:08am
i love comics. I buy marvel ones all the time (wolverine & deadpool, spiderman, e.t.c.) so i really can't wait to buy this. I think it's stupid people fighting over peoples reasons to buy it, SO WHAT IM BUYING BECAUSE GERARD HAD SOME INPUT! Is that a crime?
ScarletClockwork
Killjoy
ScarletClockwork
January 27th, 2007 at 10:42am
but why not the pictures? if heis so good at drawing...
Benjette
Killjoy
Benjette
February 11th, 2007 at 06:49pm
I thought he was going to call Space Boy, Doctor Darwin. I mean I know he was undecided when he said that but I thought Dr. Darwin would be a kick-ass comic character name.

I'm more into comics like Lenore, not sure if this'll be for me, but I'm going to try to snag one on Free Comic Day.
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
February 11th, 2007 at 06:51pm
ScarletClockwork:
but why not the pictures? if heis so good at drawing...

He said he didn't have the time to do drawing stuff.
MADIS0N.
Motor Baby
MADIS0N.
February 11th, 2007 at 07:54pm
Yeah, I remember reading in AP that Gerard would only have a little input on it...

I kinda liked it. I'm not into comics at all, but, yeah.
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
February 13th, 2007 at 02:27am
I kind of understand why people think it might "hurt" Gerard if we were only buying it just because of him. I draw comics and stuff for a hobby, and I know if I ever get stuff published, I'd prefer people buy it for the actual comic then because of any other influence I may have.

HOWEVER, that doesn't mean I'd get "hurt", per se. I don't think Gerard would too, he probably knows it well enough.

So, all you fans, comic lovers or not, buy it and LOVE it for the story and not Gerard (well, maybe a little for him)! Personally, I just want a glimpse into Gerard's creative story-making comic book artist mind. I'm already pretty psyched! The preview was amusing (I understood the french! Justified four years of hell in french class), and Ba is a great artist. A lot of movement and a distinct style in his drawings...
zombie eyes
Bleeding on the Floor
zombie eyes
February 13th, 2007 at 04:18am
^^ I agree about wanting to get into that mind of his. We get a little glimps every now and then with his lyrics, but in the end, this will really show what he's made of.

until he writes an autobiography Wink

I really want everyone to buy this to suport him, but at the same time, I feel like... those of us who do read comics are going to have a hard time finding it, cuase crazy fangirls are going to snatch 'em all up, like the action figures.
:/ I just hope I can get one on free comic day (wooooooot)
It's so cool that those charaters he was drawing on LOTMS made it into the series. how awesome would it be to be to work on something like this with him?! Gabriel is a lucky duck
rubbaduckie
Jazz Hands
rubbaduckie
February 15th, 2007 at 08:02pm
someone prob. said this before...but when will this becoming out? and if i was in this really empty town...where would i be able 2 buy it?
Ryan Rocked Saturday
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Ryan Rocked Saturday
February 16th, 2007 at 08:26am
people,people, just buy the comic, sit back, relax and prepare to be amazed by gerard's awesome comic! you're all so lucky to have that comic published in your local store.
I would never ever get to hold that thing in my hands.... EVER!
Chainsaw.
Bleeding on the Floor
Chainsaw.
February 16th, 2007 at 01:42pm
so is this available in England?
Or just America?
I'm confuzzled.
x
Miketh Way.
Salute You in Your Grave
Miketh Way.
February 18th, 2007 at 03:00am
i srsly cannot wait 4 it 2 be released!!!!