Don't have an account? Create one!

Does this mean we're not

AuthorMessage
jedicam10
Fabulous Killjoy
jedicam10
March 7th, 2007 at 12:26am
They didn't save my life, but they made my depression a lot easier, and that's pretty nice for me. I liked them before they were life savers.
frankismyhomefry
Killjoy
frankismyhomefry
March 7th, 2007 at 08:50am
I think if your a fan your someone who likes their music. you dont have to have them save you life to realise how cool they are.
squishyXcore
Fabulous Killjoy
squishyXcore
March 7th, 2007 at 03:35pm
They didn't save my life. I was never to the point of suicide, and I was never really that depressed, but they did help with a lot of hard things i've gone through for the past 2 years, and I think that's all that really matters.
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 9th, 2007 at 12:00am

They didnt exactely SAVE my life, but they sure as hell helped me through some tough Shit.

heartache to sing
Bleeding on the Floor
heartache to sing
March 9th, 2007 at 12:14am
Yeah I agree, you're a fan if you like their music. You're a fan if they saved your life. They saved my life, I was severely depressed and suicidal and I would self-harm every day. They made me stop coming up with ways to kill myself and writing suicide notes and cutting myself, and it was a beautiful feeling to know that there was someone who felt like this before but had gotten through it. They inspired me to CARRY ON, you know?

But anyway, enough about me right? Real fans are fans that like the music and like the band and buy their CDs. I think their music is really inspirational and helpful to their fans, whether it saved their life or not or just made things easier.
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
March 10th, 2007 at 10:20pm
mcr did not save my life..i admit..but they sure affect it :]

its amazing they do same some people's lives though...

your a fan if you TRULY love the music...period.
xXSwingLifeAwayXx
Killjoy
xXSwingLifeAwayXx
March 10th, 2007 at 10:35pm
I CONCUR!
Blood Song
Killjoy
Blood Song
March 18th, 2007 at 01:04am
I dunno...I think it means we're free 2 like them, and not obligated...OR maybe it means we're the TRUE fans, cuz we don't feel the obligation 2 like them
The White Violin
Salute You in Your Grave
The White Violin
March 18th, 2007 at 03:38am
Sammie:
They haven't saved my life... Well I guess they have in a way. But just coz they didn't save your life, but you still love their music, it makes you a real fan. The only ones that aren't real fans, are those who only like them for the way they look. I mean I think they are all hot, but I like them for their music more
yep!
MisfitMandi.
Motor Baby
MisfitMandi.
March 18th, 2007 at 10:58pm
You don't have to be saved by them in order to be a fan, i mean you could just like them and their music and still be a fan.
Chibi
Banned
Chibi
March 19th, 2007 at 12:47am
Of course not, you silly-Jilly!! This band just seems to attract a oot of suicidal people, tha'sall...
rebel-in-black
Killjoy
rebel-in-black
July 12th, 2007 at 03:24am
yeah yur a fan as long as you like their music and you see somthing in their music that might move you in some way then sure
bobrox
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bobrox
July 12th, 2007 at 05:55am
they didnt save my life but i still call myself a fan
My Sharona.
Bleeding on the Floor
My Sharona.
July 12th, 2007 at 06:28am
I don't think it makes us 'fake' fans or anything...
It's the situations we're in and if we weren't depressed or anything when we listened to MCR, it doesn't make us 'fake'.
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
July 12th, 2007 at 03:14pm
Its ok actually, that you like mcr even though they weren't your life-savers specially when you appreciate them in an artistic aspects. They did not exactly save my life. At first i was a fan because i liked their music but when time went by, i suddenly find myself turning to their music when i go through hell. Everyone experiences mcr differently and no one can dictate how someone could be a fan or not. Calling someone a fake fan because they don't have an mcr shrine or doesn't claim their lives were saved by mcr is very hypocrite.
hairlikeray
Joining The Black Parade
hairlikeray
July 12th, 2007 at 06:34pm
your a real fan when you care about the music and not gerards butt
Human Wreckage xx
Really Not Okay
Human Wreckage xx
July 12th, 2007 at 07:56pm
i don't think mcr has the actually SAVE YOUR LIFE to make you a fan. its bout duh muzic yo.
S!NNER.
Salute You in Your Grave
S!NNER.
July 12th, 2007 at 08:07pm
i feel bad because 3DG saved my life not MCR, but yeah.
I'm a hardcore My Chem fan.
I mean, come on!
I know Gerard's shoe size!

(9 1/2)
natisan
Fabulous Killjoy
natisan
July 12th, 2007 at 10:28pm
I love MCR for the music so I'm a really big fan, but take one look at me you would never in a million years tell that I even associate with them. I don't dress in the sterotypical scene/hardcore clothing most fans do. Honestly, I did learn one important thing from them, it's that being yourself is actually cool.

I support them all the way.
Blue_Demon
Motor Baby
Blue_Demon
July 12th, 2007 at 11:59pm
They never saved my life, they didn't help me get through a bad time - in fact Helena came on the TV the day my Grampa died. So bad timing for that; Green Day were my hero's for 2004, I really needed there music. But back to the point, I love MCR for being themselves, there music and what they stand for, they know that a lot of fans feel like their music has helped them in so many ways, regardless and not many bands can say that.
I'm a fan because I say so. I mean I'm talking to you lot, I own the 3 albums and have the DVD, I love there music and that's what counts.