Don't have an account? Create one!

Stem Cell Research

AuthorMessage
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 01:16am
^Er, I don't think the fact that embryos aren't 100% necessary for stem cell research makes abortions needless. But this isn't the thread for that.
Stem cell research saves lives. You might have almost been researched on, but now that you're alive, you might need that research from other embryos one day. I think stem cell research has the best chance at curing our toughest medical issues.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 01:19am
i'm not saying that stem cell research isn't useful... i completely agree with you that it is. i'm just saying that there are other, less harmful, and just a useful methods... if only people would become aware of them... i still don't think that abortions are necessary... and being almost researched on myself, how could i ever want to do that to another person... besides, when a person becomes a doctor, they take an oath to "do no harm." how is killing another human being (no matter how small) and ripping out it's insides not doing it harm? i just can't see the logic behind the other side's arguments...
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Bleeding on the Floor
DIE! DIE! DIE!
September 4th, 2007 at 01:20am
Because when you were almost reserached on, you wouldn't have been alive...eh..so you wouldn't have cared. I would sacrifice something non living for something living anyday.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 4th, 2007 at 01:24am
LoversHeartDisease:
Because when you were almost reserached on, you wouldn't have been alive...eh..so you wouldn't have cared. I would sacrifice something non living for something living anyday.
same, why let aborted fetes go to waste when you could save lives?
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 01:27am
what i'm saying is... why abort them at all??? i know that this isn't the thread for that... i've been arguing my point on the other one... but, again, why not use other sources that are far less harmful and just as beneficial?!
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 4th, 2007 at 01:33am
genresR4losers:
what i'm saying is... why abort them at all??? i know that this isn't the thread for that... i've been arguing my point on the other one... but, again, why not use other sources that are far less harmful and just as beneficial?!
i know this isn't the thread, but why make someone go through something they don't want to, an unborn fetus can sence if it's wanted or not, so that child has 3 times more chances of getting depression, or turn to a life of crime. truth be told wouldn't you want some baby be dead and not have to but up with a shitty family and suffer or never feel and get used to save someone elses life?
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 01:38am
actually... i rather enjoy my life, thank you very much... i was that fetus... yes, i've had my bouts of deression, and i've looked down my fair share of loaded gun barrels... still... once i brought myself out of that silly bit of nonsense... i realized how wrong it was... sure, i was one of the lucky ones... but there are support groups for FAT people, for goodness sake... people have pity on them and all they've done is bring it upon themselves... so, you're saying that because this baby is going through things that are beyond it's control, it should die? again... bullshit.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 4th, 2007 at 01:42am
genresR4losers:
actually... i rather enjoy my life, thank you very much... i was that fetus... yes, i've had my bouts of deression, and i've looked down my fair share of loaded gun barrels... still... once i brought myself out of that silly bit of nonsense... i realized how wrong it was... sure, i was one of the lucky ones... but there are support groups for FAT people, for goodness sake... people have pity on them and all they've done is bring it upon themselves... so, you're saying that because this baby is going through things that are beyond it's control, it should die? again... bullshit.

good piont. i agree with you more now and i admit i was wrong. things are fixable but getting pregnant when you know your unfit to be a mother, would you rather that child being aborted or being thrown behind some dumpster?
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 01:46am
actually, most of the children that are aborted are thrown in dumpsters... so that wouldn't change thigns... i just think that the babies should be shown more respect... that's all... i mean people get very adamant about respecting the bodies of older human beings... so why not younger human beings???
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 01:48am
^Because most people don't see embryos as babies, because they don't have brain function or feel pain.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
September 4th, 2007 at 01:49am
genresR4losers:
actually, most of the children that are aborted are thrown in dumpsters... so that wouldn't change thigns... i just think that the babies should be shown more respect... that's all... i mean people get very adamant about respecting the bodies of older human beings... so why not younger human beings???
wow i never really thought of it that way. but keep in mind kids are treated better nowadays (toys,clothing etc) than fifty years ago
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 01:56am
illustrated_romance: true... very true... but wouldn't the better living conditions of today be more reason to keep a child around???

Fezzik: you're just hopeless... sorry. a baby does have brain function... even though it's not a fully developed brain... where are you getting your information from? seriously... like i said... BULLSHIT.
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 02:03am
^A baby has brain function, an embryo does not. There's a difference.

Also, try not to swear on this board. It's against the rules and people have been doing it a lot lately, the mods'll come round soon if everyone doesn't lay off.
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 02:09am
well, i guess it just depends on your definition of baby doesn't it???

okay.. note taken... is BS acceptable???
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 02:13am
^Yes, it does. Science backs up the embryos-aren't-babies defintion, though, which is why the government is inclined to correlate with that one.

And BS it's fine, it's just that mods tend to lock threads when rule-breaking gets to out of hand, and no one wants that to happen. =]
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 02:16am
don't worry, i'll keep the swearing in check... i'm having much to much fun arguing all this BS logic to want this thread closed...

and if your evidence is that the government agrees with something... i ask you... when was the last time the government did something intelligent??? other than banning partial birth abortion? that was a good one...
Fezzik
Salute You in Your Grave
Fezzik
September 4th, 2007 at 02:21am
^All I mean is that the US government is separate from religion. Things have to be backed up with fact to change laws, and religion isn't fact in our government.
And hows is banning partial-birth abortions a good idea? That bans it for medical reasons as well, which means a woman and the fetus have to die rather than just the fetus.
Don't answer that, wrong thread...
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
September 4th, 2007 at 02:30am
okay, i won't answer that... i'll just say that i think you're wrong... as always... sorry, i guess that was a bit rude...
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
September 14th, 2007 at 10:43pm
Well, we certainly are species-ist aren't we?

What makes a human fetus so different from animals'? Mice and primates have been experimented on so extensively for stem cells, so if you're gonna argue, might as well say that also. And if human fetuses are going to go to waste, why not use it?

Anyways, the last I read there's an international law saying that scientists cannot use fetuses more than 14 days old (when they're aborted I think). 14 days, it's just a blob of stem cells.[/quote]
Balthazar
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Balthazar
September 21st, 2007 at 11:31pm
I am religious but i agree and disagree with this.

1. Stem cells are handy to grow and cure diseases but even scientists haven't found a way to activate them to start them growing.

2. You don't have to get Stem cells from Embryo's. You can also get them from Adult bone marrow and inside the blood of the umbilical cord. Why can't the scientists get these instead of embryo's and everyone would be happy then.

3. There was a 3rd point but i forgot it.

This is my opinions and points and i don't want to come back on here later and find someone is having a [insert swearword of choice] go at me because of it.