Projekt Revolution

AuthorMessage
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
March 27th, 2007 at 01:58am
Ooh, Saosin's on board! Fun...
Now I really want to go!
And, yeah, I'm wondering about the rap act too...
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 27th, 2007 at 07:02am
Okay I'm happy now!!!!!!!! MCR, Saosin, and TBS!!!!! I just died and went to heaven!!!!! WOOT.......now all I gotta do is find otu when it comes to Chicago and I'm set....oh then i gotta get tickets.....

CLICK

Saosin will join Linkin Park's Projekt Revolution tour with My Chemical Romance, Placebo, Taking Back Sunday, HIM, Mindless Self Indulgence and others this fall. Linkin Park traditionally does the tour in support of a new album they release, and with Minutes To Midnight released this spring the band follows true to form.
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
March 27th, 2007 at 08:37pm
I can't wait... I hope I can go. =[ I probably can...
This is outside, right?
Tell me when you get your tickets xD I have bad timing with those this.
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
March 28th, 2007 at 12:33am
‘i'm okay with My Chemical Romance
but i might have to cut one of they're fans since they don't know how to do it right by themselves’

Comment from the site (one of the nicer ones). *shakes head* The ignorance of some people, always manage to bring bitterness to my day. I seriously can’t wait until the whole emo thing blows over and MCR is free of it.

But yeah, looking at the list, it’s pretty diverse, and add in hip hop and rap, then you definitely got a revolution.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 28th, 2007 at 07:14am
yeah I didn't read the comments but I heard a lot of the LP fans were talkin shit stuff.....Honestly....I dunno why they call MCR emo.....Haters of MCR would've had a fun time when Gerard said "We're not Emo, we're not a death cult"

They should do some kind of hip hop though.....although I guess so ar the closes to it would be LP
queen bodicea
Motor Baby
queen bodicea
March 28th, 2007 at 08:04am
I have never been able understand all the negativity towards MCR regarding any of these festival type things. With the upcoming lineup for this year I like every band on there. So many people are SO segregated with their music...why can't they like what they like and shut up about what they don't like.

I just hope that LP live up to the expectations that MCR have already exceeded Cool I saw them about 6-7 years ago on the Family Values Tour. They were really good live but I'm really only going for the obvious Wink
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 28th, 2007 at 09:29am
I know, I like almost all the bands on the lineup so far....but I've only seen MCR, so I'm so looking forward to this!!!!!
porcelinajune
Bleeding on the Floor
porcelinajune
March 28th, 2007 at 06:38pm
Optimus Prime.:

So did I. I listen to 97x in Tampa, FL.

And...OMG YES! SAOSIN! I have been wanting to see them sooo bad!

Yeah, me too! Shark is pretty good at keeping the listeners informed well ahead of time.

I have honestly never heard of this tour in life until now but I guess it ran for several summers at the beginning of the decade (wow time flies). I was honestly kind of suprised cause it seems like MCR and LP are an odd match but I know the boys don't like to classify themselves in one area or to do what is expected (which is why we all love them!)
Kid Rock
Banned
Kid Rock
March 28th, 2007 at 06:50pm
Did they announce dates yet?
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
March 29th, 2007 at 07:11am
no they didn't announce dates yet....

and the radio station here has been saying it for a while too...yano, they've said MCR and Projekt revolutino in the same sentence....hehe
Kris Terror
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Kris Terror
March 29th, 2007 at 11:11am
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/my_chem_placebo_saosin_set_for_linkin_park_projekt_revolution_tour.html

According to that site, and many rumors that are going around, these are some of the bands set to be playing this year:

Linkin Park [duh, they run the thing...]
Saosin
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
The Bled [according to Saosin, but not yet confirmed]
Placebo
HIM
Mindless Self Indulgence
Taking Back Sunday

And possibly Mastodon. There have been rumors.

I'm excited if this is true.
Tragic.
Banned
Tragic.
March 29th, 2007 at 12:16pm
=O.
I wanna go.
I wanna go.
I'll probably go.
Hooray!
oceanic 815.
Full of Ephedrine
oceanic 815.
March 29th, 2007 at 12:51pm
Kris Terror:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/video_news/my_chem_placebo_saosin_set_for_linkin_park_projekt_revolution_tour.html

According to that site, and many rumors that are going around, these are some of the bands set to be playing this year:

Linkin Park [duh, they run the thing...]
Saosin
MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
The Bled [according to Saosin, but not yet confirmed]
Placebo
HIM
Mindless Self Indulgence
Taking Back Sunday

And possibly Mastodon. There have been rumors.

I'm excited if this is true.
What about some rap shizz? >>.
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
March 29th, 2007 at 01:31pm
don't.stop.if.i.fall:
the bassist & singer of Saosin said in an interveiw that the following were playing:

My Chem
Linkin Park
HIM
Taking Back Sunday
Placebo
Mindless Self Indulgence
The Bled
Saosin

they're probably more. i want dates soon. i think im gonna go for my birthday present.

link to saosin thing:

wow that's gonna kinda suck for me because i don't like most of the bands that are going to be on the tour.. I listen to more heavier bands. I'm only looking forward to seeing Mcr and HIM. Then I'm planning on going to the family values tour this summer and i hope that when those tours come to chicago they won't be on the same day..
Kris7828
Killjoy
Kris7828
March 29th, 2007 at 03:36pm
The past tours have all had like 4 or 5 well known bands....the only bands that I have heard of this year besides mcr and LP is HIM. I hope they get some good metal bands so i can get someone to go with! and it would be sweet if T.I. was the rapper but i doubt it Sad
empires
Thinking Happy Thoughts
empires
March 29th, 2007 at 08:13pm
Haters of MCR would've had a fun time when Gerard said "We're not Emo, we're not a death cult"

Of course, adding his favorite word in there... x)
Oh yeah, my friend's friend who was at the concert, after Gerard said that, said, 'F*** the papers!'
I'm like, 'That was YOU??' Shocked
BatKissMasquerade
Really Not Okay
BatKissMasquerade
March 30th, 2007 at 06:34pm
[quote="Kris7828"]The past tours have all had like 4 or 5 well known bands....the only bands that I have heard of this year besides mcr and LP is HIM. I hope they get some good metal bands so i can get someone to go with! and it would be sweet if T.I. was the rapper but i doubt it Sad[/quote

I agree. When either mcr or HIM are on stage I'll see them but other bands I don't like I'm gonna plan on exploring either the festival or maybe pig out on alot of food . I don't like rap so if there's any rappers there I'm gonna be wasting my time buying some festival crap until the performances are over or maybe even try to meet some bands
mirarle
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mirarle
March 31st, 2007 at 04:32am
Actually, I've never seen a live rap/hip hop performance, so I'd go just for the, uh, experience. I'm pretty tolerant of most of the bands, so, yeah.

Also, about Linkin Park fans talking shit--I was at the linkin park association forum, and from what I read, there isn't much hostility. Maybe I'm just at the wrong place. Anyways, I love Linkin Park too, as they were my first band, and got me into rock. And I know LP as gotten so much shit when they were big about being "nu-metal" and stuff, which I thought was similar for MCR and the "emo" thing.
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
April 8th, 2007 at 11:00am
Optimus Prime.:
Gah, when are they gonna put out the dates! I'm excited because the last Projekt Revolution came to my rown, so hopefully they will come this year!

trust me...I want dates too.....I wanna go soooo bad......if that is the lineup...I wanna goooooooo XD
Synyster Lisa
Demolition Lover
Synyster Lisa
April 10th, 2007 at 01:43pm
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

From harddriveradio.com 4/9/07:

MCR guitarist Ray Toro told our sister company, Launch Radio Networks, that indeed the band will be on Linkin Park's upcoming Projekt Revolution tour and are looking forward to working with Linkin Park! Another name we've heard on the bill is H.I.M.