Don't have an account? Create one!

What is the weirdest reaction you've gotten from someone for liking MCR?

AuthorMessage
IWannaSaveYourHeart
Joining The Black Parade
IWannaSaveYourHeart
July 28th, 2007 at 02:26pm
this was funny
ME: do u like my chemical romance
RANDOM I WAS TALKING TO ON MSN: yes omg i love them
ME: do u think gerard is hot?
RANDOM: whos that?
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
July 28th, 2007 at 04:31pm
Pandemonium:
^^I've actually gotten that reaction a few times too....
Why are people so stupid?

People are so stupid because a lot of poser MCR fans think they have to be the stereotypical 'emo' to be true fans. Which we all know isn't true.

My mom told me she thinks Gerard is gay, which she's usually right at. O.o You know, why are people so against him being gay? What if he is? Has he ever said he isn't?

My sister got really excited. Now we're both MCR fans. Only, I think I'm a tad more obsessed. xDD
lord voldemort.
Salute You in Your Grave
lord voldemort.
July 28th, 2007 at 10:21pm
Soul Bird:
^^Aw, that really sucks :s. Don't let it get to you though.. you like them, they don't, and no one's opinion matters other than yours. If liking your band still makes you feel the same way you always feel about liking your band, you'll be okay Wink.

My mother was very angry about the situation, and made it clear to the school that if she didn't like the teachers and schedule that I get for eigth grade, then she's changing them immediately.

I'm always going to stick up for my music tastes, and sometimes people get scared of me for how defensive I am about my music. I don't bash their music, most of the time, and I've grown to like some rap and hip-hop, so why bash my music?

People are so insecure and stupid sometimes.
thedevilsnightmare
Jazz Hands
thedevilsnightmare
September 12th, 2007 at 07:30pm
we were in class at the 1st of the yr and I said MCR was my fave band and this guy (who's in LOVE w/ Bullet 4 my valentine) was like. "psshhh, they're so emo. they suck. you suck too." WHATEVER
Edward Masen.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Edward Masen.
September 13th, 2007 at 12:04am
*On the phone to my friend, MCR playing*
My friend: What songs on? it sounds good
Me: Erm, My Chemical Romance
Friend: -Silence- Ew, what? why!?Shocked

Seriously. Just because it was MCR, she forced herself not to like the song..
Sid
Salute You in Your Grave
Sid
September 13th, 2007 at 12:33am
Okay this has got to be the most retarded thing ever.

Mother: Can I ask you a question.
Me: Uh, sure, okay...
Mother: Well you know that band you like, Chemical Romance-
Me: MY Chemical Romance.
Mother: Oh. Yes... well... *points to old school P!ATD poster of Brendon* is this guy and *points to TBP poster of Gerard* this guy...are they the same person??
Me: *facepalmdies* No mum... just... no.
xXIero.ticXx
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xXIero.ticXx
September 13th, 2007 at 12:44am
INO...Do you?:
Okay this has got to be the most retarded thing ever.

Mother: Can I ask you a question.
Me: Uh, sure, okay...
Mother: Well you know that band you like, Chemical Romance-
Me: MY Chemical Romance.
Mother: Oh. Yes... well... *points to old school P!ATD poster of Brendon* is this guy and *points to TBP poster of Gerard* this guy...are they the same person??
Me: *facepalmdies* No mum... just... no.

ROFL. just..ROFL.

as for me....

*girl walks up to me*

Me: *smiles politely and blinks*

*girl stares at my MCR-covered notebook*

Girl: "are you like.....gothic?"

Me: "ehh, umm, i dunno...maybe...i guess?" *shrugs*

*girl walks away*

eh, uh, ok. i know this is texas and all, and everyone here listens to rap or country, but....

dear gah! MCR doesn't make me goth!
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
September 13th, 2007 at 12:46am
someone running at me and jumping into my arms, kissing me on the cheek, then running back off singing "she loves mcr!"

apparently she did too. Tehe
chemicalsatthedisco
Jazz Hands
chemicalsatthedisco
September 13th, 2007 at 01:01am
i get some really weird reactions. like walking away, jumping up and down, weird blaming stares, anger, jokes at my expense and just walking away. it gets annoying because they atomatically think emo. but im not 100% emo. I love Panic! At The Disco and Scenes From A Movie and Hot Hot Heat and a ton of classic rock, but all they think about is my collection of all the songs and music videos made by mcr and tons of FOB and RATM. it pisses the hell outta me some times. but hey, to live it is to love and to play it rocks hard Dance
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
September 14th, 2007 at 02:12am
me: do u like mcr?
girl: OMG i love them!
me: oh cool. what songs do you know.
girl: well i know the one that goes "when i was a young boy my father took me into the city to join the black parade"
me: .... oh .... that's good ...... gotta go ...... bye.

and then of course everyone has to have the

MCR IS SO FUCKING EMO YOU EMO GO SLIT YOUR EMO WRISTS WITH AN EMO KNIFE YOU FUCKING EMO.

but we're better than those shitheads so it's okee.

also i dont know if this counts but me and this guy were talking and...

me: i send my love
him: i send my bullets.

it would have been funny if he liked mcr and if it was "brought" but it was a damn good try.

oo and me and my substitute science teacher had a giant discussion about it. it was really weird since she's like a 50 year old teacher but it was awesome.
the greatest coward.
Bleeding on the Floor
the greatest coward.
September 14th, 2007 at 02:15am
oh and also my sister called them druggies when she was 8. i didnt even know she knew that word.

oh yea and my mom saw their video on fuse (God knows why the hell she was watching fuse) and she said that "all the fire was really scary"
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
September 14th, 2007 at 05:28pm
People nowadays at my school know not to tell me they suck. =]

But.....in the beginningg......

Random person:"so Angie,whats your fav band?\
Me;"My chemical romance"
Person:"really?!? Dude,they're gay and emo"
Me:"shut the fuck up,man! I'll decapitate you if you say that!"
Person:"........uhh........sorry?"
Me:"Ya damn right!!! SORRY!!!!!!!!!! @!$&*#!&*%*()!&"
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
September 14th, 2007 at 05:30pm
And then there;s those dumbass people who think "black parade" or "Three Cheers" is their first c.d and you wanna freaking slice off their noses cuz you're like wow.....what an idiot!
Angie Pansy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Angie Pansy
September 14th, 2007 at 05:32pm
OMG My 2nd hour teacher was trying to talk to me about them and she called them "My Chemical Reaction" and I was like "Mrs.Boyd....uhhh it's My Chemical ROMANCE" and even the girl who I sit next to that doesnt liek them was like "It's Romance not Reaction" ............I was like omg......that's just,,,,,,wow.
Green Faerie
Salute You in Your Grave
Green Faerie
September 14th, 2007 at 05:46pm
[quote="Zodiac."] I've had a pretty bad reaction:

One day in gym, I overheard some people talking about Bamboozle and how MCR sucked. I don't know if they did this deliberately because I was wearing a Bamboozle T-shirt or not, but I joined the conversation, saying that they had three band members sick and I was there; they played very well. They disagreed, and started lashing out, saying even louder and bringing in more people to say, "MCR sucks! They're the worst band ever!"

I walked quicker off the field, my fists clenched and I was biting my tongue. The people walked by me again, still trying to get me angry, and started saying once more, "MCR sucks!" It hurt worse than I thought it would.

Off the field and closer to the gymnasium, a kid who I thought cared, because he told the school that I was cutting in the beginning of the year, started screaming, "MCR SUCKS! THEY'RE FAGGOTS AND THEY'RE ALL GAY ASSES! THEY MAKE YOU CUT YOUR WRISTS, just like you do, Sam. THEY'RE SO EMO!" I turned around and screamed back, "Fuck off!" and then walked faster back to the gym.

That kid didn't do gym for the rest of the year, and I left the locker room in near tears.
[quote]

Hun, I know this is a really late reply. But this doesn't sound like they were saying it because they believed it, it sounds like they were just being pathetic bullies, who were ganging up on one person because of differing music tastes. You know what I wouldn't be surprised if they actually like MCR now, since all their new singles have been hitting the charts. Because people like that are shallow, trend followers. Don't worry people like that never get far in life, because they have serious attitude problems, so even if they are clever enough to get decent careers the interviews will always let them down. Smile

I'm lucky being older, but i've never really had a bad reaction to me liking MCR. Mostly hardcore Metal fans tell me that they are emo and I just say.. "They make awfully good music" And people can't deny that, because everyone knows that they are popular for a reason.

xxx
Dead and Gone
Killjoy
Dead and Gone
September 14th, 2007 at 08:00pm
The weirdest? My classmate reacted this way.
Kid: What's this?
Me: CD. Can't u see?
Kid: I know it's a CD, but which one is this?
Me: MCR, The Black Parade.
Kid: MCR?!?! ACHTUNG!!!!!! EMO!!!!!!!
FAKE
Thinking Happy Thoughts
FAKE
September 14th, 2007 at 08:58pm
*My music teacher asked me to stay behind from class*
Me: Yeah i know i never did my homework, i was busy
Teacher:Urm ... its not that ... um i was um just wandering as your PANIC!ChemicalGirl um can i ask you a question?
Me:Your going to anyway so yeah
Teacher: My Chem are playing in november .....
Me: sir is this going somwhere??
Teacher:Okay Okay i was just wandering if i got a ticket to there show would people think i was gay??
Me:YOUR NOT GAY???...Oh wait wait you like MCR?Urm no people arent like that .
Teacher:CHEMICALGIRL I WANT YOUR HOMEWORK ON MY DESK TOMORROW!
Me: Omg omg you like mcr and want to go to the same gig as me EWWW

i was so shocked !
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
September 14th, 2007 at 11:55pm
I told a girl I liked mcr and she said "Huh. Well, you don't look like an emo"
What the fuck. >_<
The Original Bob.
Demolition Lover
The Original Bob.
September 14th, 2007 at 11:55pm
seriously? well, ive had "WOOHOO WHATS YOUR FAVOURITE SONG?"
"oh. who are they again?" "EMO" *water balloon thrown* " ewww emo" "go slit your wrists and die" and many others
starktreks
Devil's Got Your Number
starktreks
September 14th, 2007 at 11:59pm
Bob.:

"oh. who are they again?" "EMO" *water balloon thrown* " ewww emo" "go slit your wrists and die" and many others

Ive had that happen to me SO much.
A guy looked at me wierd because I had a folder with MCR on, and he told me to go jump off a cliff, and I quote "then everyone will be happy"
Such a nice boy.