Don't have an account? Create one!

What is the weirdest reaction you've gotten from someone for liking MCR?

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
June 6th, 2008 at 03:30pm
Very early on, my friend asked me if this meant I was planning on stalking them now, and my mother asked me how old I am.
Stand!I'mStillHere
Awake and Unafraid
Stand!I'mStillHere
June 6th, 2008 at 03:44pm
it's not really weird, but everytime my 1 yr old niece comes over and i show her a pic of Frankie, or I'm watching lotms, she points at him and goes "Ooh," and the starts smiling, it's cute.
what was weird when i watched the making of Helena with her she used to point at Gerard and call him "dada"
vampire kitteh :3
Thinking Happy Thoughts
vampire kitteh :3
June 6th, 2008 at 04:36pm
Lovesick Melody.:

Me - *opens folder to reveal MCR pic*
Girl next to me - OMG I LOVE THEM!!!!
Me - Rolling Eyes Suuure......
Girl - *points to Gerard* HES SO HAWT!!! *points to Frank *Isnt he his brother?
Me - Shocked lmfao

LOL I THINK I JUST DIED!

me: *shows girl a pic of MCR*
girl: *hides* omg why are there big scary men?!
me: rolling on floor
Heart Attack.
Salute You in Your Grave
Heart Attack.
June 6th, 2008 at 10:26pm
Me: singing Dead!
my older brother : "what are you singing?" So I sang it some more and he said "Hey have you been going through my cds I listen to that band! Their pretty good but I guess its time for me to throw those cds out since you listen to them.
Stand!I'mStillHere
Awake and Unafraid
Stand!I'mStillHere
June 6th, 2008 at 11:30pm
this was only weird b/c i didn't know the guy but i walking downstairs at school one time and this random guy looks at my binder (w/ MCR on it) and goes "I love My Chemical Romance. Gerard Way is so hot. If I were gay, I'd married him."
Gerard Way.
In the Cannibal Glow
Gerard Way.
June 7th, 2008 at 12:35am
my friends always look at me and said "arent they like teenage girls band?"

gah, i hate those stereotype people throw on my favorite band. Disgust
gway_obsesser_DEAD!
Killjoy
gway_obsesser_DEAD!
June 7th, 2008 at 12:50am
Wow, I about just died from this question?

Me: *talking to my friend, who also likes MCR, about them*
Big, stupid guy who ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS says dumb things who sits next to me: My Chemical Romance? Isn't the singer related to Jared Leto?
Me and my friend: Shocked Shocked rolling on floor:

DUMBEST THING HE SAID ALL YEAR!!!!!!! Laughing
To The End;
Salute You in Your Grave
To The End;
June 7th, 2008 at 01:40am
me: *randomly starts singing MCR songs*
friend: wtf? what are you singing?
me: oh, just some my chemical romance.
friend: ....lemme see them wrists.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
June 7th, 2008 at 04:23am
Mad As Rabbits:

Gerard SHOULD be president...but we'll have to wait another 5 years. Stupid president age law, says you have to be 35 to have supreme rule over a country.
GR.

buahaha i so love imagining G as President! Very Happy

well i cant contribute, i havent gotten any weird reactions...ppl just figure me as the 'type' to like bands like MCR. i dont get stupid emo-stereotypes BS or anythin. coz emo/punk is really hot here, a lot of scene kids hv experimented with emo styles before, & a lot of rock fans hv listened to at least one emo band.... in fact a lotta ppl think MCR is an emo band. but no1 has a problem with that. & its not really associated with slitting wrists etc...altho ppl do make jokes abt it, but there's very litle meanness, yknow. i guess im lucky.
my?mindless?romance?
Thinking Happy Thoughts
my?mindless?romance?
June 7th, 2008 at 09:43am
i said something about them in my science class.... and this really annoying boy and like 2 or 3 of his friends started chanting "suicide cult, suicide cult." i wanted to punch them but i couldnt because the teacher was there
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
June 8th, 2008 at 01:03am
I think the weirdest reaction I got was during this conversation:

me:*listening to vampires will never hurt you*
girl:Hey, quiet girl! *comes over to me* What are you listening to?
me: My Chemical Romance.
girl: Oh my god! Don't you know that they're so last year? Try listening to Rihanna or Eminem! *walks off*
me:*tries to restrain self from knocking her lights out*

She used to like them too!
After that, I'm guessing the girl told everyone at school, because from then on, everybody gave me strange looks. 0.0
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
June 8th, 2008 at 02:38am
Nekotora:

girl: Oh my god! Don't you know that they're so last year? Try listening to Rihanna or Eminem! *walks off*

After that, I'm guessing the girl told everyone at school, because from then on, everybody gave me strange looks. 0.0

she actually said that???
*FACEPALM*

i dunno if she meant to be bitchy but she sure sounds it. nothing against Rihanna & Eminem, but since when does an entire school or teenage community listen to the exact same thing? its just not logical. taste is taste. it would b incredibly abnormal if 400-odd people frm the same area listened to ONLY rihanna or ONLY hip hop ...... musical preference is one of those things that make u who u are, & if ppl want to sacrifice their individuality for what other ppl listen to, that's sad.
Liek teh lulz!
Salute You in Your Grave
Liek teh lulz!
June 8th, 2008 at 02:56am
When I was in an internet shop, I was in corporate attire and I opened my INO, a girl sitting next to me gave me a weird look, I didn't care about that, so I just continue posting here, and then she asked me like she was in great shock, "OMG do you like them???", and I was like "Yes", I was confused because of her reaction. "I LOVE that band!" she screamed, of course people around looked at us. I asked her, "Okay, great...so what's the big deal?", then she said "I didn't know old people like you will love them.", then I was like "Do I look that old to you?!", then she replied, "You're a teacher right?", I didn't know what to do if I'm gonna laugh or what, "No. I'm only 17 years old.", then she looked at me like she don't want to believe me, "Why are you dressed like that?", she asked. "Coz it's our corporate day at my school!" I shouted, because I'm losing my temper. Then she faced her computer and said, "ok."

I hate it when people mistaken me for being a teacher/office worker when I'm in corporate attire.
Switchblade Saint
Salute You in Your Grave
Switchblade Saint
June 8th, 2008 at 03:03am
Happy Thought:
When I was in an internet shop, I was in corporate attire and I opened my INO, a girl sitting next to me gave me a weird look, I didn't care about that, so I just continue posting here, and then she asked me like she was in great shock, "OMG do you like them???", and I was like "Yes", I was confused because of her reaction. "I LOVE that band!" she screamed, of course people around looked at us. I asked her, "Okay, great...so what's the big deal?", then she said "I didn't know old people like you will love them.", then I was like "Do I look that old to you?!", then she replied, "You're a teacher right?", I didn't know what to do if I'm gonna laugh or what, "No. I'm only 17 years old.", then she looked at me like she don't want to believe me, "Why are you dressed like that?", she asked. "Coz it's our corporate day at my school!" I shouted, because I'm losing my temper. Then she faced her computer and said, "ok."

I hate it when people mistaken me for being a teacher/office worker when I'm in corporate attire.

oops. XD
if i bumped into a fellow fan like that, i certainly wouldnt mess it up by saying he/she looks old! i'd be all like "YAYY u like MCR" & hug u & ask in a hyper manner if u'd got the BP Is Dead dvd yet. u'd probly freak out haha
we are unbreakable
Killjoy
we are unbreakable
June 8th, 2008 at 06:20pm
The weirdest reaction i got is when a friend i hadn't seen in a long time asked me what music i liked and i said my chemical romance and he told me i used to be cool. Sad lol
Kitty Clover
Jazz Hands
Kitty Clover
June 9th, 2008 at 12:56am
Collision Kiss:
Nekotora:

she actually said that???
*FACEPALM*

i dunno if she meant to be bitchy but she sure sounds it. nothing against Rihanna & Eminem, but since when does an entire school or teenage community listen to the exact same thing? its just not logical. taste is taste. it would b incredibly abnormal if 400-odd people frm the same area listened to ONLY rihanna or ONLY hip hop ...... musical preference is one of those things that make u who u are, & if ppl want to sacrifice their individuality for what other ppl listen to, that's sad.

Yeah she really said that, and most of the school I USED to go to were into hip hop music and rap unfortunately for me. Today I got a weird reaction from my brother too.

me:*listening to ipod*
bro:What are you listening to?
me:My Chemical Romance of course. I'm listening to Heaven Help Us. Smile
bro:How come you like them so much? You're too obsessed, and you've ruined My Chemical Romance for me.
me:What are you talking about? I hardly ever talk to you.
bro:Whatever. *listens to ipod*

I was kinda surprised at that one. I don't think I can ruin an entire band's music for him just by liking the music. Weird right?
bullets are hailing.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
bullets are hailing.
June 9th, 2008 at 01:19am
To The End;:
me: *randomly starts singing MCR songs*
friend: wtf? what are you singing?
me: oh, just some my chemical romance.
friend: ....lemme see them wrists.

Oh my gosh, that's like me!

At my cousin's birthday party...

Cousin: (to her friend) This is my cousin, Aliya.
Her friend: (looks at my appreance) Hi, what music do you like?
Me: My Chemical Romance
Her friend: *gasp* You're emo? *takes my arm and starts looking at my wrists*
Me: Um, can I have my arm back?

PAGE CLAIM
Rexperience
Bleeding on the Floor
Rexperience
June 9th, 2008 at 02:17am
Me: I'm goin to a concert, I'm seeing My Chemical Romance
Chick in Math: Crazy-Shocked-Jaw-Droped-Expression "Oh Wow........thats cool I guess......I'd never thought you'd like THEM!

I'll think of some others, but for the most part its kids being really surprised cause I'm like the opposite of emo (well actually I'm the opposite of about every schoolyard label besides "unclassifiable individual"Wink
P A N D O R A
Demolition Lover
P A N D O R A
July 3rd, 2008 at 11:38pm

Friend: Name the top five band on you iPod that for once arn't undergound
Me: weLL NUMBER ONE mY CHEMICAL rOMANCE OF COURSE
Friend: Sam you just got even wierder and I thouhgt that was impossible
doctor who?
Salute You in Your Grave
doctor who?
July 3rd, 2008 at 11:56pm
Well people just call me emo because I listen to them.Nothing wierd.But then they see Cat scratches on my wrist and just give me looks like theyre thinking "God,freakin emo."