Don't have an account? Create one!

Influences and sources of Inspiration

AuthorMessage
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
April 8th, 2007 at 12:54am
Ray Toro and Billie Joe Armstrong.

BJ inspired me to pick up the guitar, and Ray's solos inspired me to become a prodigy.
sass attack.
Demolition Lover
sass attack.
April 9th, 2007 at 09:36am
Flea, the bassist from the Chilli Peppers.
I remember watching him play and go Shocked
Same with Mike Dirnt, I watched him play the Longview at my first ever concert and was stuck on trying to learn it.

Also, I used to think Pete Wentz was all that, but then I learnt the stuff he played and his stuff was pretty basic, as with Mikey Way's parts.
They just appealed to me because they looked cool paying bass.
None_More_Black
Jazz Hands
None_More_Black
April 10th, 2007 at 04:13am
Nick Cave.
Tim Rogers.
Kurt Cobain.
Chemical Sleep
Killjoy
Chemical Sleep
April 10th, 2007 at 07:01pm
When I was 14 I was obsessed with the metal band Kittie. The bassist at the time, Talena, was my favorite. I thought she looked so cool and I wanted to be just like her. So my father being a musician bought me a bass and an amp and I learned thier song "What I've Always Wanted". I've been playing ever since!
Black Hearted Misery
Killjoy
Black Hearted Misery
April 11th, 2007 at 07:42pm
A lot of inspiration comes from a lot of souces. But I'll name a few for the hell of it.

My first influence was when i was just a little kid was Sting and The Police, (I also made things up on piano before that.) Don't know why, but Sting made me want to be a singer and for some odd reason I wasnted to play the trumpet at that age. Don't know why, but I landed with a crappy clairnet (sp?) in 3-grade band and was in choir. That didn't work to well, so I gave up on it.

Then it all resurrected when was 11 and heard Aerosmith and Def Leppard. I decided I wanted to be a singer again, only in rock. Then my obsession with music went on from there. Everything between 70's to early 90's rock I knew. Another influence that got me was Skid Row and the lead singer Sebastian Bach...Which got me into a lot of metal bands I didn't already know. I then kinda wanted to get to know a way different genre of rock, which lead me into find My Chemical Romance which I actaully wasn't really interetsed in at first but then obviously am now REALLY inspired by. Something about Gerard is way different from all the other people I listened to and followed (no, not stalked! lol) I was actaully about to give up on it again til I heard them.

Some other ones that are in there are Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, all the legends which everyone talks about. I think everyone is inspired by those bands! But, my inspirations are from technically, many genres of rock...
SINATRA
Bleeding on the Floor
SINATRA
April 12th, 2007 at 01:45am
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs: They just work together so well and their sound is so distinctive. Karen O has an amazing sense of style and her lyrics are so wicked.
The Smashing Pumpkins: They had such beautiful vision with everything they did. Their songs are mind blowing.
Cat Power: Aside from the fact that Chan Marshall is always looked at as emotional mess, her music is so amazing. She keeps things simple, but her lyrics are so passionate, it doesn't even matter.
Radiohead, Regina Spektor, Ryan Adams, Sonic Youth, Sufjan Stevens, The Arcade Fire, The Duke Spirit, Hole, Sleater-Kinney

sorry, I got too lazy to type up all the rest of it....
Cover Me In Gasoline
Really Not Okay
Cover Me In Gasoline
April 12th, 2007 at 05:57pm
Green Day first inspired me to listen to rock. Billie Joe Armstrong influenced me to pick up the guitar and play. The first song I ever played was Green Day - When I come around and guitar solo, wake me up.

MCR - Frank Iero inspired me to play rhythem. On the intro of Thank You For The Venom I can hear both Ray and Franks guitars clearly and made me want to use that as an aim. Gerard Way inspired me try and sing. I may not be good but I can practise.

Aiden - WiL Francis inspired me to sing.

Antherax - Great guitar lines.

Slash - Inspired me to want to try and play a solo. I doubt I'll ever be as good as Slash but learning an instrument doesn't kill.

Queen - The fact the Freddie Mercury can sing well and was success full. He may have past away but the music of queen is still inspiring so many kids.
Zoe.Scandalous.
Bleeding on the Floor
Zoe.Scandalous.
April 12th, 2007 at 09:28pm
AFI
The Cure (MAJORLY)
David Bowie
Placebo

MCR- Not alot. They're my jam music. Not my insperation.
Not Here For You
Fabulous Killjoy
Not Here For You
April 13th, 2007 at 04:50pm
Slash 'n' Steve Vai. Metallica as a band. (I don't even like MCR, i'm only here because my friend is ALWAYS on here)
Sadie Marie
Salute You in Your Grave
Sadie Marie
April 13th, 2007 at 04:54pm
^^ THANKS! Neutral

Come On, You Like Our Lady Of Sorrows..

== Inspiration; Ray Toro. Bob Bryar. Hardest Working People Ever ==
Not Here For You
Fabulous Killjoy
Not Here For You
April 13th, 2007 at 04:56pm
You are always on here, Sade. I came on here tonight cause it took you 30 mins to reply on Bebo. Fag.

Ily.
Sadie Marie
Salute You in Your Grave
Sadie Marie
April 13th, 2007 at 05:00pm
^ OKay. Yeah., Its MY Second Home.

Ily2, Fag,.,xx
Zoe.Scandalous.
Bleeding on the Floor
Zoe.Scandalous.
April 13th, 2007 at 11:25pm
Eveie.Liar.:
AFI
The Cure (MAJORLY)
David Bowie
Placebo

MCR- Not alot. They're my jam music. Not my insperation.

Arg. AND
Maynder from APC and Tool. (Along w/ the rest of the band)
Dave Matthews
Hunter Revenge
Blaqk Audio.
Hunter Burgan
Jade Puget
Davey Havok
Adam Carson
Thrice
I think I got it all now. Grrr.
alzypow. THE END.
Fabulous Killjoy
alzypow. THE END.
April 15th, 2007 at 05:38am
The man with the plan, Ray Toro
All the way
sass attack.
Demolition Lover
sass attack.
April 15th, 2007 at 10:39am
Let.Go.I'm.Dead--x:
^ OKay. Yeah., Its MY Second Home.

Ily2, Fag,.,xx

Please, take it to a WAYT thread if you're going to spam.
Mr.Armstrong
Awake and Unafraid
Mr.Armstrong
April 16th, 2007 at 05:18pm
my inspirations are
-nirvana
-queen
-aiden
-green day
-smashing pumpkins
-my chem
saintxscarer
Killjoy
saintxscarer
April 17th, 2007 at 10:29am
My influences on bass are: Ryan Sinn, Stuart Richardson, Mike Dirnt and Mikey Way.
Guitar influences: Lee Gaze, Jade Puget, Frank Iero [Guitar and stage hyperness wise], Ray Toro, Billie Joe Armstrong, Tom DeLonge, Mike Lewis.
Charlie Chaplin
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Charlie Chaplin
April 22nd, 2007 at 03:48pm
i never got the 'inspiration' thing.
maybe Queen.
and Nirvana was the first "real" band i listened to.
but, if i wanna write any music, i have to be listening to Lover I Don't Have To Love by Bright Eyes.
always.
DDR1
Killjoy
DDR1
April 23rd, 2007 at 03:29am
Well first I started out with Bob Dylan, who kinda gave me my political edge to my songwriting, then I got into the likes of Coldplay & Athlete, they added romance to my lyrics - followed by MCR, who added failure of romance. Finally The Mars Volta who basically made my lyrics make no sense to the untrained ear.

Inspirations? Everyone better than me.
guran!
Shotgun Sinner
guran!
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:52pm
The first band that got me into the bass was-, believe it or not, Good Charlotte.
the song, Say Anything was the main idea behinf playuing bass.