Don't have an account? Create one!

Influences and sources of Inspiration

AuthorMessage
John Petrucci
Killjoy
John Petrucci
July 14th, 2007 at 03:31am
My influences singing wise are Serj Tankian, Eddie Vedder, James LaBrie, and Freddy Mercury. I've listened to all those guys growing up and stuff. They're some of the most unique singers, and they've always helped me when I'm down.

Guitar wise, my influences include John Petrucci (greatest guitarest IMO), Yngwie Malmsteen, Michael Angelo Batio, Tom Morello, Steve Vai, Mike McCread, and Stevie Ray Vaughn. These guys really had an impact on me, and when I first heard these guys, I was like "Wow, this is awsome!". I just know I'll never be as good as them though, hahaha.
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 14th, 2007 at 04:37am
As a singer and guitarist, my greatest influences is Kurt Cobain (Nirvana). Listening to him on the radio as a kid made me want to become a singer.
Others are
Chris Cornell, Villie Valo, Angus Young, Tom Morello, Gerard Way, Frank Iero, Ray Toro, Bert McCracken and Mike McCready.
Daysxfade
Motor Baby
Daysxfade
July 15th, 2007 at 05:33am
Max Green,Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Travis Richter,all of Underoath,All of the Matches
vampire_19
Killjoy
vampire_19
July 16th, 2007 at 02:29pm
hey..newbie hir....'bout mah musical influences...of course, my chemical romance...but not just that...all american rejects, yellowcard, secondhand serenade, amber pacific, paramore, saosin, and the used...
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
July 21st, 2007 at 11:56am
I also forgot Slash and Scott Weiland. How I forgot them I don't know, but we all make mistakes.
Oxycontin Genocide.
Banned
Oxycontin Genocide.
July 21st, 2007 at 05:20pm
Billie Joe was my biggest inspiration. He inspired me to pick up the guitar. And now I'm learning how to sing by singing along to Green Day.
rollertoaster
Fabulous Killjoy
rollertoaster
October 6th, 2007 at 02:55am
I'd say Pencey Prep was a big influence for me.

Because I love Keyboard and Screaming together...
tdfp_lover
Killjoy
tdfp_lover
October 7th, 2007 at 02:15am
one of my greatest influences is maxwell lewis... his guitar style is amazing, and his compositions are awesome, next to toby driver's.
Alexface.
Salute You in Your Grave
Alexface.
December 4th, 2007 at 10:35am
It's got to be My Chemical Romance and The Used.
Each one of them is so talented and they mesh really well together in their own bands.
Come to think of it, even though im already in one band, i may well start a band from those main influences.
inactive.
Jazz Hands
inactive.
December 6th, 2007 at 03:00pm
For bass, my influence is Matt Freeman of Rancid. I love his bass lines and whenever I hear them, they get me going. Especially his bass lines on ...And Out Come the Wolves.

For Guitar, definitely Synyster Gates of Avenged Sevenfold, Slash and Daniel Johns of Silverchair (his work on Frogstomp is awesome). I love their guitar parts, they're all just awesome. I especially can't wait until the day I reach Synyster Gate's level of playing.

My lyrical inspirations are Say Anything and Nirvana. They're lyrics really inspire me to write my own.

And just overall inspirations are The Used (Lies for the Liars amazed me even more than their previous albums), Reel Big Fish and Blink 182. They just give me that overall inspiration to do something musical.
WastedFire.
Killjoy
WastedFire.
December 7th, 2007 at 09:58pm
Guitar : Ray Toro , Jimi Hendrix , Jonny Greenwood , John Mayer , Queen , RHCP, Pink Floyd, Marianas Trench , Danzig , The Beatles

Singing : Gerard Way , Thom Yorke , Josh Ramsey , Paul McCartney.
xx.Katt.xx
Killjoy
xx.Katt.xx
December 19th, 2007 at 12:38pm
Mikey is my biggest inspiration as a bassest... and Paramore is my biggest inspiration as a band... My band models paramore and i model Mikey Way...
Kaitlyn Hooligun
Really Not Okay
Kaitlyn Hooligun
December 19th, 2007 at 11:45pm
Elliott Smith, Kaki King, and Anthony Green.
Those are some of my biggest influences/heros.
TheMysteriousThug
Joining The Black Parade
TheMysteriousThug
December 28th, 2007 at 08:27am
Vocally. I'm inspired by Howard Jones. He really works miracles with his voice.

When it comes to sound. I'm inspired by too many bands. Killswitch Engage of course. Then there is Queen and MCR. Pink Floyd. Depeche Mode. The Beatles.

Lyrics...I'm inspired by some poetry( Specifically Edgar Allan Poe)..and the bands I just listed. And Black Flag. Along with Atreyu. With a good chunk of Atreyu's first three albums that I love. Some of the lyrics in my eyes are horrifyingly beautiful.
estellise
Awake and Unafraid
estellise
December 30th, 2007 at 02:33pm
Quinn Allman, Dan Jacobs, Crispin Gray, and Kurt Cobain
basically inspired me to pick up a guitar.
ain't got no soul.
Salute You in Your Grave
ain't got no soul.
December 31st, 2007 at 07:07pm
I'll just name bands. I listen to a shit load of music but these bands are my main inspiration.

My Chem, Gallows, Anti-Flag, Leathermouth, Bury Your Dead.

My Chem got me into guitar.

They all influence my sound, so I tend to make up really fast and aggressive shit and sometimes heavy metal-ish stuff.
It's Lyn-z!
Demolition Lover
It's Lyn-z!
February 27th, 2008 at 10:43am
paramore, its the best instant inspiration for me

Vocaly I draw from hayleys melodic side

The guitars I draw from progression wise.

I mainly draw from my chem for guitars and drums
Pencey prep for lyrics

Its quite the combination!

Xoxo
a day to remember.
Thinking Happy Thoughts
a day to remember.
February 29th, 2008 at 04:43pm
My inspirations are all from my favorite bands,

My Chemical Romance,
Funeral For A Friend,
Rise Against,
Paramore,
Hawthorne Heights,
Green Day,
Fall Out Boy,
Scary Kids Scaring Kids,
Taking Back Sunday,
Escape The Fate.

I think in that order.
For some reason, when I listen to some of their songs, especially the bands higher up, I just get goosebumps, like a powerful, raw energy coursing through my veins. A feeling so good, it's unbearable.
Of course, different bands give different feelings to different people, the things I get from these bands are unique from other people.
All these bands give a spectrum of different colors, all combined together, to make my wide pallet of musical taste.
Tasha and Kay
Killjoy
Tasha and Kay
March 30th, 2008 at 01:02am
most people have said WHO there inspirations are......so im going to do something different.

I think that having a great inspiration is very important. Having an idol makes you feel homologated (accepted or acknowledged) by the community. Inspiration is the start of new ideas, of new belifs and of new feelings.

Havin a great impact on someone should make you feel less alone in the world. Bu having an influence can mean two completly different things.

GOOD
having a good influence should make you feel at peace with the world and like your actually apart of something. being FREE from the prison of life should be overwhelming

BAD
Having a bad influence on any soul or spirit should make you feel more trapped than everyone already is. It should make you feel more alone than anyone can feel. It should make you feel like death itself- lost in spirit and in soul and for you to feel trapped in a world of normality.

obv my inspiration is MCR but life shouldnt be about who the inspirations are, it should be WHAT they are and what impact they have on the human civilisation..
xxxlove Tasha and Kayxxx
mer von d
Thinking Happy Thoughts
mer von d
April 1st, 2008 at 08:12pm
for me singing wise, gerard way, matt bellamy, hayley williams, mick jagger

guitar wise, keith richards, frank and ray, billie joe, matt bellamy, jeph from the used (even though he plays bass), john frusciante (sp?), and SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!

lyrics wise, since my life is pretty boring, alot of my inspiration comes from books, movies, tv shows (gossip girl! lol)

and my friends constantly inspire everything i do with all their awesomeness