Don't have an account? Create one!

July 6, 2007 - My Chem and Gerard in...

AuthorMessage
domeofstars
Thinking Happy Thoughts
domeofstars
July 10th, 2007 at 07:33am
mikasaurus:
Known for gravitating toward the "darker side of life" despite the fact that they're always hanging out in front of Starbucks

^haha, I've heard it's like that in brissy, apparently there's about 30 'emo' kids who hang out in front of hungry jacks at Queen st. mall XD

Gotta love the Emos outside Hungry Jacks - it's like the landscape wouldn't be complete without them XD
rumored nights.
Salute You in Your Grave
rumored nights.
July 11th, 2007 at 06:39pm
Thats my favorite part:
Like magnets, depressed people attract one another because moping alone is, well, pathetic. But throwing yourself a pity party? That's emo.

My books in the mail and should be here any time. I hope it hurries.
>.<
XthisaintparadiseX
Killjoy
XthisaintparadiseX
July 12th, 2007 at 04:30pm
i find people and thier fasination with "emo" particularly hilarious.
Razor_To_The_Rosary
Killjoy
Razor_To_The_Rosary
July 12th, 2007 at 06:02pm
theres also a part where they talk about aqua teen hunger force and they mention gerard and how he pitched the idea of a similar show and got shut down

AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE-Sure the plot of aqua teen hunger force is kind of nonexistant. what do you expect from a show whose main characters are a milkshake, a box of fries, and an amorphous wad of meat?- but that doesnt mean its without connection to the emo scene. as legend has it, before forming My Chemical Romance, Gerard Way-a college-trained graphic designer- was pitching a food based show to the cartoon network. however, unbeknownst to him, the cable network had already signed up for this hilarious fast-food comedy and Way was left to his own Chemical devices. looks like everyones a winner.
Awww.Sugar
Demolition Lover
Awww.Sugar
July 12th, 2007 at 07:31pm
Sounds like a good book.. So hilarius. And true unfortunately.

Edit: Where can you buy it?
Danibabi!
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Danibabi!
July 13th, 2007 at 07:11am
Awww.Sugar:
Sounds like a good book.. So hilarius. And true unfortunately.

Edit: Where can you buy it?

you can buy it anywhere...

i wouldn't waste money on it though... it's the kind of book you read once for a good laugh and then forget you had it in the first place...

but i encourage you to sit for hours at your local Barnes and Nobles reading it.... Very Happy
xoxo...GossipGirl
Thinking Happy Thoughts
xoxo...GossipGirl
July 13th, 2007 at 02:36pm
The Emo Gutter Punk Look
This fashion statement runs a lot of the same risks as the emo goth look. It requires a lot of black and a lot of slim-fitting clothing, primarily the kind of unbelievably tight black jeans that challenge your aging metabolism. However this look can be pulled off post-twenty-five if you are Mikey Way. Or anorexic.

LOL.
fallout vapor
Jazz Hands
fallout vapor
July 14th, 2007 at 12:48am
gaah I want that!!!
finally someone who can talk about emos without being offensive! and mixing MCR (and other bands who have been called emo too often) made it even more fun. and it's nice how the author actually KNOWS what he's talking about. he knows the bands. he's probably a fan himself
the.reaper.wore.pink
Motor Baby
the.reaper.wore.pink
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:29am
i want that book! Is this available in asia?
XxCinderellaxX
Killjoy
XxCinderellaxX
July 23rd, 2007 at 07:53am
Ha! I need to read this book! I don;t really see how anybody can take offence to this, I think it's hilarious...
conor oberst.
Bleeding on the Floor
conor oberst.
July 26th, 2007 at 08:28am
'The loads of emo frontmen who have taken to wearing eyeliner despite the fact that they are nearly old enough to be your father.' ha ha awsum!!!!!
Day Of The Dead
Salute You in Your Grave
Day Of The Dead
August 4th, 2007 at 09:47pm
My_Gerard_RomanceX:
The Emo Gutter Punk Look
This fashion statement runs a lot of the same risks as the emo goth look. It requires a lot of black and a lot of slim-fitting clothing, primarily the kind of unbelievably tight black jeans that challenge your aging metabolism. However this look can be pulled off post-twenty-five if you are Mikey Way. Or anorexic.

LOL.

HAHA!!
lmfao
Bellacide
Awake and Unafraid
Bellacide
August 6th, 2007 at 05:28am
eh, this seems like a hilarious book, but i still feel like it's hitting below the belt.

It's got its funny points to it, but there is such a thing as taking it too far.
I still want the book, though, I wonder where I can get it. xD
VampireCupcake
Bleeding on the Floor
VampireCupcake
August 6th, 2007 at 07:35am
My_Gerard_RomanceX:
The Emo Gutter Punk Look

LOL.
Haha, that was funny. I never though calling MCR "emo" would be entertaining. xD
But, I did love that party about Mikey. lol Mr. Green
LivingDead
Fabulous Killjoy
LivingDead
August 6th, 2007 at 12:59pm
...i really wished they have one of those in here... <.<.... i was looking for it 24/7 and couldnt find one anywhere....<.<...
<3Romance<3
Salute You in Your Grave
<3Romance<3
August 7th, 2007 at 11:36am
"Gerard playing with himself" made me giggle... XD
INowPronounceYouDead
Thinking Happy Thoughts
INowPronounceYouDead
August 8th, 2007 at 09:49am
"From the Emo fasion Do's and Dont's section:
DON'T outline your eyes in red or black eyeshadow. The result of this makeup maneuver is affectionalely called raccoon eyes, which is not a compliment. If you're going for the embalmed look, then mission accomplished. However, just because Gerard Way got away with it once dosen't mean you can."

Thats a little TO TRUE....I can rock the 'strip' but not the friggen 'racoon' ITS NOT FAIR

AND WE ARE NOT SOUP...SO STOP LABELING US

People are just soo GRR>.< these days

I read this book..not all of it but this part at HOTTOPIC it made me l-o-l out loud haha gotta luv monk^_^
we're pretty. odd.
Always Born a Crime
we're pretty. odd.
August 9th, 2007 at 03:09pm
*snorts* Tehe

I recently bought this book.
It's hilarious.
Bella.Muerte
Killjoy
Bella.Muerte
August 10th, 2007 at 12:19am
Hahahaha! I was worried at first it was gonna be offensive and piss me off, but it's hilarious! I have to remember the name so I can look for it next time I'm in a book store!
skystiles.
Banned
skystiles.
August 10th, 2007 at 07:43pm
I'd heard about this book months ago. It doesn't upset me, it bores me. The authors attempt to be witty and relevant, but they fail. I read an interview of these losers about the book on punknews.org. They are such douchebags who try too hard.
Rolling Eyes