annakitali
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:08am
it's not good.
don't do it.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:27am
I think that not enough attention is paed to bullying. Most adults say that if you ignore it, it'll go away.
Yea, not really.
Cyber-bullying is a horrific thing to have to go to. C&S is right when she says that it needs to be paid special attention. Kids can't get away from something when it follows them home. If you can't even sign into AIM without getting messages on how fat you are, or a "friend" gets you to spill secrets, only to tell everyone...that crap needs to be taken care of.
Schools think that they can't take care of things if it's not on their property. That's stupid. My highschool was so tired of it they implelemented several rules about it. ANY bullying of ANY kind ANYWHERE was going to be punished. As long as the victim could prove it, it was going to earn that assh*ole a lot of trouble.
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:31am
I've had my share of cyber bullying, as we all have.
It's not right, not fair.
Everyone should, but sadly don't, follow the golden rule.

"Treat others as you would like to be treated."

Very Happy
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:38am
But what can we do about it?
We can all ban together, and promote a safe environment, but you're always going to have the one kid that makes you feel like hell.
Isn't there some law in the US that Congress is reviewing?
eepshyes
Shotgun Sinner
eepshyes
August 3rd, 2007 at 04:43am
I don't know if there is, but if there is, that's fabulous!
More power to them!
But then, a lot of people that cyber bully are 'minors.'
. . .so all they'd get was a slap on the wrist. =/
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
August 3rd, 2007 at 11:27am
I don't know. I think that people are finally starting to take this crap seriously.
BethanyBRUTAL
Thinking Happy Thoughts
BethanyBRUTAL
August 5th, 2007 at 01:06pm
Black Mailing is such a popular cyber-bully thing
- there should be more security on the internet.
Stripey-Stripes.
Motor Baby
Stripey-Stripes.
August 6th, 2007 at 05:09am
That's like saying that all of America's borders will one day be secured.
You can't secure the internet. You can have mods and people keeping certain sites safe, but there aren't mods on AIM and other instant messaging services. It's up to the users to report spam and other crap. And none of the people botherered will report it bc they believe it or they are to afraid.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
August 11th, 2007 at 01:18pm
Any kind of bullying is WRONG!
Cyber-bullying is worse that "Regular" Bullying. People will say worse things over the internet, it is easier to be horrible to someone when you cant see the reaction they're having, also annoymous bullying is easy. I've had to delete countless piczo sites because of people anonymously posting stuff.

Schools should become involved in ceratin circumstances, for example if someone comes online and tells another person that they're going to beat them up the next day at school, then of course the teachers at the school should become involved, but as in most cases it does depend on the individual circumstances.

It depends on the type of person and how they react to cyber-bullying on whether it is as bad as regular bullying.

And what is "regular" bullying anyway? Every single case of bullying is different, and by saying regular it sounds like you mean that it doesn't matter as much.
I am completely against bullying in any shape or form.
DeadInTheWater
Fabulous Killjoy
DeadInTheWater
August 11th, 2007 at 01:25pm
and in addition to my last post,

in some cases cyber-bullying can be more devastating to someone.

For example, i had to move schools around 6 months ago due bullying, and still i have problems over the internet, it brings back painful memories and i get messages telling me that people are gonna "get me" when i go out of my house.

It doesn't really help when i'm trying to rebuild my confidence,
Foxy_Roxy
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Foxy_Roxy
August 11th, 2007 at 10:28pm
one of the worst things that have happened to me - it messed me up - badly. Because the bully does not have to see your face or even stand in front of you and say these things it makes easier for them, but harder for the victims. It should be as frowned upon as giving someone a shiner.
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
Motor Baby
horse_riders_r_stable_ppl
August 19th, 2007 at 11:00pm
i get it all the time mainly from the same girl.
but she does it in a sneaky way so if i ever reported it she'd cover it up with some pathetic story & start crying.
and today this other girl started calling me a lesbian cos i had pictures on my myspace of me kissing a mate, this girl is so snobby and such a paris hilton wannabe. it really got me down 'cos i'm not and i hate people judging me without knowing me properly.
B-612
Joining The Black Parade
B-612
August 21st, 2007 at 06:33pm
Cigarettes And Suicide:
^ I think it should receive just as much, if not more, attention than 'regular' bullying. As I and a couple of others have pointed out, 'regular' bullying can occur out in public on weekends or after school, on the bus on the wayto or from school, or in school, but at least these bullies aren't coming into your home and threatening you or bullying you in the safety, comfort and privacy of your own living room, bedroom and back yard.
To me, that's one of the worst things about cyber-bullying - you can skip class, not go to parties or the mall or wherever you know the bullies are likely to be, and get a ride home from school with friends rather than take th bus, but the bullies are still there waiting for you when you get home.
And, I don't know about anybody else, but I have been cyber-bullied and it's horrific - I know I should have just deleted the text messages and emails and abusive comments, but I didn't - I'd let them sit there in their respective inboxes and read them over and over again, and every time I read them I'd get that same overwhelming feeling of dread, anger, frustration, shame, etc. It's terrible, and still effects me to this day.

I totally agree, and what's more is that the same mentality goes for the bullies on the other side of the screen. In real life these people are probably not cruel and verbally abusive like they can be on the internet; it's like a "safe" place to speak their minds and say watever they want regardless of other's feelings. They can't see the reaction of the person their hurting, so to them it doesn't count, and they keep doing it. But like Cigarettes and Suicide said, it DOES hurt-- a lot-- and there's no excuse for it.
breakfastmonkey420
Killjoy
breakfastmonkey420
August 21st, 2007 at 06:45pm
I think Cyber bullying sucks! I mean some people can get really hurtful with what they say.Cyber bullies are usually just cowards who are to afraid to say something to someone face to face
F'n'stein xo
Salute You in Your Grave
F'n'stein xo
February 12th, 2008 at 12:45am
i watched the tyra show a while back and she had an show about this particular problem and so did dr. phil. They both had the same guest. A woman, who's daughter, committed suicide after being cyber bullied on myspace. It turns out she was talking to a boy on myspace which later on, the parents found out, it was a fake myspace made up by a mother of girl that lived down the street. She made it to see if the girl was talking bad about her daughter. At first it was good but it turned ugly and cause the girl to hang herself in closet. So its not minors. And the mother wasn't held accountable for any charges because there is no law that could be charge against her. The internet is a dangerous weapon and people take advantage of it. Its also a coward's way of confronation.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 14th, 2008 at 05:38am
i think its kinda stupid. i mean, stop trying to sound threatening over the keyboard! lol
Simple and Clean
Salute You in Your Grave
Simple and Clean
February 14th, 2008 at 09:32am
I think that companies like MSN, AIM, Yahoo ect should become more involved.
I think that they should make an easy, simple, obvious way to report messages that you get from others. If the cyber bullying is serious, and doesn't stop after warnings from the company, I think they should be able to block their IP address from using and creating email accounts with that company. Sure, it'll affect others who use the same computer, but it's the bulliers fault.

They could use another computer, but they may have grown up by then, or if they persist even with a different computer, that IP could be blocked also.
HEY AMY
Salute You in Your Grave
HEY AMY
February 14th, 2008 at 07:47pm
go to the police! confront them. if it gets bad enough.
i was bullied over myspace by this girl for no apparent reason. it started with mean pic comments and went on to extremely rude and mean comments. i ignored them as you should. (if you ignore them, they get bored). but she kept going and then threatened me. saying she'd kill my friends. and she got a hold of another friends myspace, somehow got her address and sent her mail bullying her.
it was horrible.we;ve both since blocked her, and the other girl is going to the police cos she was threatened and all that.
Richey Edwards.
Demolition Lover
Richey Edwards.
February 14th, 2008 at 08:24pm
well ya kno, if it wasnt for bullying, we wouldnt have as many school shootings. Evil or Very Mad But thats just my opinion.