Don't have an account? Create one!

Cyber-Bullying.

AuthorMessage
Lovesick Melody.
Bulletproof Heart
Lovesick Melody.
March 5th, 2008 at 02:34am

I have always been very careful on the internet, I was cautious to join INO actually XD
But like as long as you are careful, then I think then nothing big shall happen.
But on sites like Bebo with friends and mates it can be pretty nasty....
I haven't been bullied, but I've been asked to participate in things that i wanted no part in before.
Littlemisschem
Fabulous Killjoy
Littlemisschem
March 24th, 2008 at 07:32pm
Well, there was this one story I'd heard on the radio once... there was this girl that was victim to a cyber-bully. And so the girl's mother went on MySpace and pretended to be someone else and began cyber-bullying the girl that was cyber-bullying her daughter. She said all kinds of stuff, and eventually, that girl killed herself. the mother of the girl who killed herself sued the other mother... it ended badly. Most of cyber-bullying happens on like, MySpace, and all I see it do is really piss people off.
miss mcr
Jazz Hands
miss mcr
March 24th, 2008 at 08:13pm
ok. so likee. if you are ever cyber-bullied, just know that those people are obviously really jealus or they wouldnt be wanting to bring u down.

i mean, why wouold they want to hurt someone who is below them on "the social food chain"

"“Your going to come across a lot of shitty bands, and a lot of shitty people. And if anyone of those people call you names because of what you look like, or because they don't accept you for who you are. I want you to look right at that motherf****r, stick up your middle finger, and scream F**K YOU!” -- gerard way

^yea, well. if anyone does anything to you, TELL SOMEBODY!

xxoo
Emily
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
August 4th, 2008 at 08:44am
um... well. i had a myspace recently and i got a message and it said "fat a** fluffy b****quit messaging (hiding name for privacy) f*** off fatty love (again for privacy's purpose)" i just started having odd thoughts again. i really don't want to go to my mother for the ninth time. but i do. she'll think i'm just liying tho. and none of my friends moms believe in depression even is real. so if anyone could help me.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 4th, 2008 at 10:17am
^Myspace is all a load of bs, and no swearing, even if you're quoting someone else.

Someone must be really incredibly lame to bully others over the internet. The problem is that it's the internet, so you can say whatever you want and do whatever you want and you won't get in any sort of trouble. Not just bullying though, people are so rude on forums. Not here on INO, but on other sites. If you say one thing that is contradictory to what everyone else thinks you get shut down completely, or told that you're just a 'n00b'. It's unbelievably frustrating.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 4th, 2008 at 01:32pm
Eponine:
Someone must be really incredibly lame to bully others over the internet. The problem is that it's the internet, so you can say whatever you want and do whatever you want and you won't get in any sort of trouble. Not just bullying though, people are so rude on forums. Not here on INO, but on other sites. If you say one thing that is contradictory to what everyone else thinks you get shut down completely, or told that you're just a 'n00b'. It's unbelievably frustrating.

agreed, its so easy though to just turn off your computer and do something else, but it still hurts. The girl that was my best friend sent me her nastiest messages over myspace, and I'm not gonna lie it hurt alot, and what she said almost pushed me over the edge. On almost every other website I've been to with a discussion thread and people would get very nasty, this place is very well run.

But also with the internet you can say alot of things and never get caught and you don't think to much about someone yoiu may have hurt
Woodstock '69
Jazz Hands
Woodstock '69
August 6th, 2008 at 09:30pm
Eponine:
^Myspace is all a load of bs, and no swearing, even if you're quoting someone else.

sorry i changed it
xxWolvenPrincessxx
Joining The Black Parade
xxWolvenPrincessxx
August 7th, 2008 at 05:51pm
My Dear Delirious:
Eponine:

agreed, its so easy though to just turn off your computer and do something else, but it still hurts. The girl that was my best friend sent me her nastiest messages over myspace, and I'm not gonna lie it hurt alot, and what she said almost pushed me over the edge. On almost every other website I've been to with a discussion thread and people would get very nasty, this place is very well run.

But also with the internet you can say alot of things and never get caught and you don't think to much about someone yoiu may have hurt

I agree that myspace could be one of the worst places to be bullied. One of the guys that I was with sent me some nasty messages myself and it DID push me over the edge, I tried committing suicide, and ended up in a Psych wasrd for about 8 months. Cyber-bullying can be the worst kind of bullying, even if it's not a face to face bully it's still a bully and sometimes cyber bullying can get even worse that a person in your face.
blow
Bleeding on the Floor
blow
August 10th, 2008 at 10:41pm
xxWolvenPrincessxx:
Cyber-bullying can be the worst kind of bullying, even if it's not a face to face bully it's still a bully and sometimes cyber bullying can get even worse that a person in your face.

I really think it is, because there's no punishment for it. And with the internet you are anonymous, so it makes it's easier in a way to say incredibly hurtful things, because the other person doesn't know you, they can't do anything.
I can't count the number of times I've seen threads about 'I want to kill myself' or 'I'm going to commit suicide' and the people are ruthless, I mean they say that the person should just get it over with and stop bothering everyone else. I don't think people would say those kind of things in real life, but on the internet you have that kind of freedom because no one really knows who you are.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 11th, 2008 at 05:47am
Eponine:

I really think it is, because there's no punishment for it. And with the internet you are anonymous, so it makes it's easier in a way to say incredibly hurtful things, because the other person doesn't know you, they can't do anything.
I can't count the number of times I've seen threads about 'I want to kill myself' or 'I'm going to commit suicide' and the people are ruthless, I mean they say that the person should just get it over with and stop bothering everyone else. I don't think people would say those kind of things in real life, but on the internet you have that kind of freedom because no one really knows who you are.
I agree but how often online can you really take someone or anything serious? I personally think face to face can be much worse. In all honesty I was picked on for many years when I was little, and if it's face to face, there is no guarentee that the bully doesn't turn violent and gives you a black eye, which does happen alot of times. I mean cyber-bulling is no fun either and people can be so relentless and be so harsh, but if you don't know this person, you don't have like a history with them, it won't hurt nearly as much as being the misfit kid, sitting on the side of the playground all alone, watching everyone else hanging out with their friends, while your isolated until some kids decide they are bored and then come over and give you hell