Don't have an account? Create one!

Medical Marijuana

AuthorMessage
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 5th, 2008 at 05:51pm
Well, if they had strict regulations...but even so, how many kids would buy it from patients? I mean, it would be just like it is now, you know.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 5th, 2008 at 06:19pm
Chris Martin:
Well, if they had strict regulations...but even so, how many kids would buy it from patients? I mean, it would be just like it is now, you know.
Well exactly, but it would defedently be easier to access and people would problably grow it on their own, and so I think there would be more people doing, and I can see many people getting influenced into it and not thinking much of it because it would be legal
GeekSquad
Killjoy
GeekSquad
August 9th, 2008 at 05:21am
Im for it. It's been proven that it treats glaucoma, anorexia, cerebral palsy, & some other things. It also treats mental disease i've heard, like depression, insomnia, trauma, ect. If it treats diseases than i don't know why they wouldn't let people use it who actually need it because of the people who abuse it.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 9th, 2008 at 06:21am
GeekSquad:
Im for it. It's been proven that it treats glaucoma, anorexia, cerebral palsy, & some other things. It also treats mental disease i've heard, like depression, insomnia, trauma, ect. If it treats diseases than i don't know why they wouldn't let people use it who actually need it because of the people who abuse it.
I don't disagree with you, but for the sake of discussion - would patients actually need it, or is it just another drug than can help patients? I agree with medicinal use of marijuana, but I don't think it is a necessity to overcome anything. I think it's more of a want more than a need.
Thug Life.
Bleeding on the Floor
Thug Life.
August 9th, 2008 at 11:47am

Arn't there alot of other things that can treat anorxia,glaucoma ect ? i mean if we already have proper medicine for things like that why would we revert to using a gateway drug which we know will probably be abused more than it will be used for serious good.

Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 9th, 2008 at 03:21pm
Mglmgbn:

Arn't there alot of other things that can treat anorxia,glaucoma ect ? i mean if we already have proper medicine for things like that why would we revert to using a gateway drug which we know will probably be abused more than it will be used for serious good.

Marijuana is hardly a gateway drug. I remember when myself and my friends smoked a lot of weed, we were never like "Hey, wanna know what would be great with this? Heroin!" It's not the same. While smoking weed can make it easier for you to find people who do other things, it's not a gateway in the sense that you're going to lead to harder drugs. Marijuana users aren't the same as meth heads or coke heads. It's a very different drug in the sense that it doesn't force you to seek a higher high time after time, unlike most other drugs. Alcohol is sometimes described as a gateway drug, but tell me, after having a beer, did you ever once think about how much you'd like to score smack and shoot up?
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 9th, 2008 at 03:21pm
dp
thank fsm.
In The Murder Scene
thank fsm.
August 9th, 2008 at 03:32pm
Faye Merci:
Marijuana is hardly a gateway drug. I remember when myself and my friends smoked a lot of weed, we were never like "Hey, wanna know what would be great with this? Heroin!" It's not the same. While smoking weed can make it easier for you to find people who do other things, it's not a gateway in the sense that you're going to lead to harder drugs. Marijuana users aren't the same as meth heads or coke heads. It's a very different drug in the sense that it doesn't force you to seek a higher high time after time, unlike most other drugs. Alcohol is sometimes described as a gateway drug, but tell me, after having a beer, did you ever once think about how much you'd like to score smack and shoot up?

I don't think that's how it works. It's more like you smoke some pot with friends, who bring other friends who are into that lifestyle - and more, and then you go ahead and give it a try with them because you're comfortable with the idea of drugs in general, etc. etc. etc.

Or variations of that.

Obviously it doesn't go the way you suggested (or, rather, the way you suggested it wouldn't go).
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 9th, 2008 at 04:25pm
Chris Martin:
I don't think that's how it works. It's more like you smoke some pot with friends, who bring other friends who are into that lifestyle - and more, and then you go ahead and give it a try with them because you're comfortable with the idea of drugs in general, etc. etc. etc.

That is how it happens, but from my experience, the only drugs people bring along are more drugs to trip out on - like salvia and acid. The more hardcore stuff usually sticks with the hard people.
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 9th, 2008 at 08:44pm
Faye Merci:
That is how it happens, but from my experience, the only drugs people bring along are more drugs to trip out on - like salvia and acid. The more hardcore stuff usually sticks with the hard people.
that doesn't mean someone won't bring hardcore drugs to some other person and get them hooked on meth or heroin or cocaine. It actually does happen to alot of people
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 10th, 2008 at 03:08pm
My Dear Delirious:
that doesn't mean someone won't bring hardcore drugs to some other person and get them hooked on meth or heroin or cocaine. It actually does happen to alot of people

Yes, but saying marijuana is a gateway drug is a gross misrepresentation. The term implies that by somehow doing this drug, you'll end up doing everything else. And that's not how it happens for most. It's not a domino effect.
Mindfuck
Always Born a Crime
Mindfuck
August 10th, 2008 at 08:14pm
^I don't think My Dear Delirious was saying it was a "gateway drug" (at least from what I had gathered). I think the only thing she was saying was that people can get hooked on other drugs even if they smoke marijuana. No where did she say that marijuana opens up possibilities for other drugs....
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 11th, 2008 at 12:51am
I honestly thing that America is way too immature to have marijuana legalized. Yet, atleast.

The French let 4 year olds drink wine with supper.
If we lowered the drinking age, there would just be more alcoholics and death rates. We're not ready. For legal marijuana either.

Even though this is true, I do support the idea of legalizing MEDICAL marijuana. This does mean that people will find a way to get a hold of it for recreational use though, being real. I have a close friend who I watched survive leukimia. The medical marijuana pills that the nurses were sneaking her were her only source of comfort.
dana eats dreams
Banned
dana eats dreams
August 11th, 2008 at 12:56am
Faye Merci:

Haha, I completely agree with this comment. Exactly.

I would just like to through out their the fact that the
Marlboro Cigarette Company has many factories on stand-by,
for the occasion that Marijuana is infact legalized.

I just thought that was interesting (;
Faye Merci
Salute You in Your Grave
Faye Merci
August 11th, 2008 at 01:06am
dana eats dreams:
If we lowered the drinking age, there would just be more alcoholics and death rates. We're not ready.

Pardon the tangent, folks, but I seriously disagree with this. I personally think we have such a fascination with underage drinking because it's such taboo, in a sense. We hype up the unknown, so it's cooler to drink just because you aren't supposed to. If we can go off to war and smoke cigarettes and do anything legal by the time we're eighteen, why shouldn't we be able to buy ourselves a beer? If we can be shipped to a foreign country and be blown up, I sure as hell think the people who make it back deserve a shot. (Of liquor, not bullets).
Go fuck yourself
Devil's Got Your Number
Go fuck yourself
August 11th, 2008 at 05:42am
Faye Merci:
Pardon the tangent, folks, but I seriously disagree with this. I personally think we have such a fascination with underage drinking because it's such taboo, in a sense. We hype up the unknown, so it's cooler to drink just because you aren't supposed to. If we can go off to war and smoke cigarettes and do anything legal by the time we're eighteen, why shouldn't we be able to buy ourselves a beer? If we can be shipped to a foreign country and be blown up, I sure as hell think the people who make it back deserve a shot. (Of liquor, not bullets).
actually, my dad told me ( and considering the fact that he's a Navy Captin) that men in his unit, if they are deployed over seas and are fighting in our current war, that most bars do serve them. , many admirals have actually gone up to bar managers and ordered them to serve the beer to 18 year old soldiers or it was osmething like that, I can't remember it entirely

Now I would also like to iont out that in the military, they use morphin (or well use to, not so much anymore) many soldiers got addicted to it. Now a days, alor of returning soldiers as part of post stress are turning to drugs, I'm not condoning this at all, but I can empathize with them, and many of them find a way to qualify for medical marijuana. I don't know everything about medical marijuana but I use to hang out with a girl wose uncle's back was all messed up and he had to smoke medical marijuana to not be in constant pain. It isn't Illegal at all for him since he's been signed off as someone who needs it, so people already now can get it and not be like arrested or whaever
xxZalanortxx
Killjoy
xxZalanortxx
July 8th, 2009 at 05:21pm
Don't just make it medical. Legalize it all. It's not as bad as cigarettes. No I haven't tried it, but I do support its legalization. If it was legal (as well as all other drugs, herbs, incences, etc.) there wouldn't be such thing as the drug wars. Oh yeah, the reason that so many people die from it, is because the only people that are stupid enough to do it while it is illegal are stupid enough to smoke all day long! Anything will kill you if you get tenough of it, even water will!
fabulous killjoy.
fabulous killjoy.
July 8th, 2009 at 06:39pm
xxZalanortxx:
Don't just make it medical. Legalize it all. It's not as bad as cigarettes.
Acually, it is. May not be a main cause of lung cancer but tar does still build up in your lungs and it has been proven that marijuana has more toxic chemicals than cigarettes do.
Innamorata
Awake and Unafraid
Innamorata
July 9th, 2009 at 08:08am
gnihsams snikpmup.:
Acually, it is. May not be a main cause of lung cancer but tar does still build up in your lungs and it has been proven that marijuana has more toxic chemicals than cigarettes do.

Yes, very true. Not only that, yet those who do have the experience of growing marijuana (no, I haven't grown it myself) have a knack for it so to speak and to keep it going they must adjust it with there own chemicals themselves.

I've smoked marijuana 4 times in my whole life and it did help with migraines that I've struggled with my whole life, yet there is always a treatment that doesn't need to consist of marijuana or popping pain pills for whatever health cause.

To be quite honest, our generation as of now, despite the economy being so poorly low--is not in any case whatsoever ready for legalizing marijuana. It's not the right time. Perhaps years from now our nation will have the ability to cohesively structure the dealing of the drug, yet now? No.
John St. John
Shotgun Sinner
John St. John
July 9th, 2009 at 04:41pm
To be quite honest, our generation as of now, despite the economy being so poorly low--is not in any case whatsoever ready for legalizing marijuana. It's not the right time. Perhaps years from now our nation will have the ability to cohesively structure the dealing of the drug, yet now? No.

Legalizing the drug would bring more money into the economy. It would create business and provide the goverment withmore money through tax, ergo helping the economy.

Also legalizing the drug would make it safer to use. I mean yes you have the obvious detrimental health effects just as ciggerettes do, but when its legal you have a better chance that what you are smoking is not tampered with the extra stuff drug dealers put into it.