Don't have an account? Create one!

Cannibalism

AuthorMessage
Sophi17
Killjoy
Sophi17
October 2nd, 2007 at 10:35pm
i think its rather scary... we had this discussion the other day with my muma nd stepdad. my mum said if we were ona desert island and i died and the only way you could survive was if you ate me would you? and he said yes...

i personally would rather die.
mercy in the sky.
Shotgun Sinner
mercy in the sky.
October 3rd, 2007 at 08:08am
Sophi17:
i personally would rather die.

I would rather die too.
I couldn't live knowing I actually ate a family member, friend, or even a
complete stranger. Dead or not, it's insane to even think about for me.
I wouldn't go on living normally and probably end up crazy.
MerciPourLeVenin_XXX
Really Not Okay
MerciPourLeVenin_XXX
October 3rd, 2007 at 04:18pm
i find it interesting.
i almost did a project on it last year but serial killers seemed better.
and then i watched hannibal rising the other day and i got really interested in it.
idk, the thought of eating human flesh makes me sick, and i eat meat.
i dont understand cannibalism.
is human flesh an accquired taste or does it just happen?
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
October 4th, 2007 at 01:00am
NotOkay22:
"Everything in this room is edible... Even you are edible. But that is called cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies...."

Pretty much. I gotta take the kindergarten view on it. I just find it plain gross. If the person is already dead and your like starving to death then be my guest, but under any other circumstances... Shocked

Shocked agreed 100%. if i was traped and there was nothing else... i personally would only be able to do it if it was already dead.
Carrie White
Thinking Happy Thoughts
Carrie White
October 4th, 2007 at 01:02am
Oh-Liv-E-Uh!:
i find it interesting.
i almost did a project on it last year but serial killers seemed better.
and then i watched hannibal rising the other day and i got really interested in it.
idk, the thought of eating human flesh makes me sick, and i eat meat.
i dont understand cannibalism.
is human flesh an accquired taste or does it just happen?

i dont get how people can see a human body and eat it. i've always wondered what humans tasted like though...
genresR4losers
Motor Baby
genresR4losers
October 4th, 2007 at 03:55am
i think it's just wrong... seriously, it's just gross... however... that's just my opinion...
Sincerely Oblivious
Banned
Sincerely Oblivious
October 6th, 2007 at 07:28am
I dont think eating other people is such a good idea...
Kinda sickening.

Although I do believe 'what goes around comes around', and sometimes you have to be the "come around" part.

Like in the Hannibal Rising and those other books/movie,
I wasnt AS repulsed,
By what he did.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 6th, 2007 at 11:36pm
I personally would rather die.

If you're gonna do it, the person should de dead already.

Killing someone to eat them... *shudders*
Elwood.
Fabulous Killjoy
Elwood.
October 7th, 2007 at 01:29am
Personally, the whole on-a-desert-island-and-the-other-person-died-of-starvation scenario makes sense to me. I don't actually find cannibalism or dying of starvation to be particularly pleasant, but I think that if I was stranded with absolutely no hope of rescue within the next month or so and my companion was dead (of starvation or something not infectious) I would at least try it out. It'd be gross, yeah, but somehow I think dying of starvation would put things into perspective.
Other than that, I think cannibalism is rightfully illegal.
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
October 7th, 2007 at 04:17am
I, personally, think it's a disgusting practice, not to mention extremely unhealthy.
I remember a few years back, I was parusing the net, and actually found a site that discussed how to skin and dissect a human body for consumption. It was disturbing and incredibly grotesque.
I know that it is practiced amongst some cultures, but I always thought that it was more for religious than dietary reasons.
I also think that one has to be completely warped to engage in such a practice. Remember Jeffrey Dahmer?!

Cannibalism is DEFINITELY not for the sane.....there is some disregard for the sanctity of human life.
tabitha
Bleeding on the Floor
tabitha
October 7th, 2007 at 04:33am
I remember that movie about the soccer players whose plane crashed in the Andes and they had to resort to cannibalism to survive. I don't remember the exact details but the few that survived did so because they ate the victims.

As for the taste of human flesh -- there is a theory (urban legend?) that the reason Spam is so popular in areas with cannibalistic histories is because it tastes like, well, human flesh. Fact or fiction? I don't know. Either way, I giggle every time I walk past the Spam aisle in the supermarket.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 7th, 2007 at 12:29pm
nessime:
Personally, the whole on-a-desert-island-and-the-other-person-died-of-starvation scenario makes sense to me. I don't actually find cannibalism or dying of starvation to be particularly pleasant, but I think that if I was stranded with absolutely no hope of rescue within the next month or so and my companion was dead (of starvation or something not infectuous) I would at least try it out. It'd be gross, yeah, but somehow I think dying of starvation would put things into perspective.

If I was in that scenario, then I'd rather die than be stuck alone somewhere I think.

Also, what would you do when it ran out?
It won't last forever.
Neesa
Fabulous Killjoy
Neesa
October 7th, 2007 at 05:23pm
NotOkay22:
"Everything in this room is edible... Even you are edible. But that is called cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies...."

Pretty much. I gotta take the kindergarten view on it. I just find it plain gross. If the person is already dead and your like starving to death then be my guest, but under any other circumstances... Shocked

same here
DhaniCauldwell
Killjoy
DhaniCauldwell
October 7th, 2007 at 07:33pm
Personally, I would never eat another human being, alive or dead, for survival reasons or any other reason.
Elwood.
Fabulous Killjoy
Elwood.
October 8th, 2007 at 03:02am
Atchoo.:
Nearly Harmless:
Personally, the whole on-a-desert-island-and-the-other-person-died-of-starvation scenario makes sense to me. I don't actually find cannibalism or dying of starvation to be particularly pleasant, but I think that if I was stranded with absolutely no hope of rescue within the next month or so and my companion was dead (of starvation or something not infectious) I would at least try it out. It'd be gross, yeah, but somehow I think dying of starvation would put things into perspective.

If I was in that scenario, then I'd rather die than be stuck alone somewhere I think.

It won't last forever.

Well, it's just a matter of surviving. It's basic human nature to want to survive against all odds, and in this scenario, cannibalism fits in with that.
I guess I would die when it ran out if I wasn't rescued. But it would keep me alive for about another month so I could possibly figure out a way to get out of there.
daneeissxc.
Jazz Hands
daneeissxc.
October 8th, 2007 at 04:07am
Ew has anyone ever watched Silence iof the Lambs? F***ing scary! I couldn't sleep for 2 days after wacthing it.
Eclipse
Killjoy
Eclipse
October 8th, 2007 at 05:00am
DhaniCauldwell:
Personally, I would never eat another human being, alive or dead, for survival reasons or any other reason.

Okay...so we pretty much know the general concensus on this board...no one would engage in cannibalism.
Let me get hypothetical on you guys, though, and turn the tables a bit.....If you were about to die, and someone you loved had to eat YOU in order to survive, would you give them your blessing?
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 8th, 2007 at 07:02pm
Nearly Harmless:
Atchoo.:
Nearly Harmless:

It won't last forever.

Well, it's just a matter of surviving. It's basic human nature to want to survive against all odds, and in this scenario, cannibalism fits in with that.
I guess I would die when it ran out if I wasn't rescued. But it would keep me alive for about another month so I could possibly figure out a way to get out of there.

Your final point is very true, but I think if you ever did survive, I know that I'd be pretty messed up.
I don't think I'd wanna live through that.

Call me a coward, but to me, death is easier.
sweet disposition.
Banned
sweet disposition.
October 8th, 2007 at 07:06pm
Eclipse:
DhaniCauldwell:

Okay...so we pretty much know the general concensus on this board...no one would engage in cannibalism.
Let me get hypothetical on you guys, though, and turn the tables a bit.....If you were about to die, and someone you loved had to eat YOU in order to survive, would you give them your blessing?

Eeeek.

I'd give them my blessing if I was in a state where I knew I was going to end up dead.
Say I had horrific injuries, and no hope of getting the medical help I needed, I'd probably ask them to kill me anyway, being the coward of pain that I am.

Or I'd tell them that if I was to die and they were still alive, they could have me.

I mean, to be honest, when I'm dead, I'm not gonna know about it.
You can do what you wish with me.

It's just when your alive it matter in my opinion anyway.

Wow, this topic is morbid, lol.
Ignore Alien Orders
Salute You in Your Grave
Ignore Alien Orders
October 8th, 2007 at 08:46pm
I'd give someone my blessing if I was about to die and they had to eat my corpse to survive. Fact is, they're probably going to do it anyway, so I might as well try to alleviate some of the guilt that would arise from it.

I think the instinct for survival is a lot stronger than a lot of people here think, though.