Don't have an account? Create one!

Idolize and Inspired

AuthorMessage
Dana Way
Banned
Dana Way
April 29th, 2009 at 09:07pm
Lots of bands such as My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy have inspired me to always focus on my goals and keep on working on myself and my self-esteem.
Captain Bumout
Wild Eyed Joker
Captain Bumout
April 29th, 2009 at 09:18pm
CoLD
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 1st, 2009 at 01:53pm
my chemical romance, hands down.
(:
believing.
Salute You in Your Grave
believing.
May 3rd, 2009 at 12:46pm
above the influence:
My Chemical Romance.
inspired me to just be the fuck who I want to be.

Ray Toro.
For begging my mom to let me play guitar.

Bob Bryar.
He just basically inspires me in life.

Gerard Way.
he inspires me to draw... stick people XD

Mikey Way.
His sense of style with glasses, really inspire me.

Tre Cool.
He craziness and Sense of humor is amazing.

And Billie Joe Armstrong
For showing people that being yourself isn't so bad.
INFLIGHTRADIO.
Devil's Got Your Number
INFLIGHTRADIO.
May 3rd, 2009 at 12:47pm
Jack's Mannequin, and Andrew McMahon in general, inspired me to appreciate life more.
Easy Mac
In The Murder Scene
Easy Mac
May 3rd, 2009 at 01:11pm
Tokio Hotel.
I don't know if this counts, but I wear things that stick out more, sort of like Bill
xD
and I don't really care what people think of it. hahah
Georg inspired me to learn bass
Incognito.
Bleeding on the Floor
Incognito.
May 5th, 2009 at 07:05am
My Chemical Romance: for help me know it's ok to be messed up

Lindsey Ballato: The coolest woman on the planet, My role-model for everything
no face.
Awake and Unafraid
no face.
May 5th, 2009 at 07:14am
Owl City aka Adam Young:
his lyrics just inspire me, they're deep and make me appreciate the scenery more.

Andrew McMahon, he's really written music that makes you want to go out and live your life.

they both inspire me.

and Blink 182 have influenced how I feel, like I'm not alone on what I'm experiencing, their music relates to the average teenager that there are people like you out there, you just have to find them.
the used.
In The Murder Scene
the used.
May 5th, 2009 at 07:22am
THE USED.

During the 7 years I've been a fan, they've taught me that no matter how fucked up you are, you can always get back on track.
No matter how deep you are in to drugs or alcohol or anything like that, there's always a way out of it.
Bert, Quinn, Jepha and Dan have all taught me that if you believe in yourself, you can make everything happen.

Their songs, their lyrics, their personalities have made me a better person.
And I love them to death for it.
romanticXaddiction
Fabulous Killjoy
romanticXaddiction
May 5th, 2009 at 10:05am
I have a lot of bands that have inspired me.
My Chem as been the biggest!
They have lived through a lot..
got through it,
and are still marching.

Most bands that have inspired me keep me going from day to day,
and keep trying my best.

I want to spread music,
so I can someday do the same that inspiring bands as done for me.
hoppy.
In The Murder Scene
hoppy.
May 17th, 2009 at 01:45am
I'm not going to go into detail:

Life&ManyOtherThings:
My Chemical Romance
The Used
underOATH
girl interrupted.
Salute You in Your Grave
girl interrupted.
May 17th, 2009 at 08:10pm
here's some.

all of my chemical romance, especially gerard. john barrowman. gareth david-lloyd. jeffree star (don't misunderstand that one).
brian molko. stephenie meyer. britney spears (after two kids and a breakdown, i personally think she looks hot). katie price. & bill
kaulitz. (:
fault lines.
Awake and Unafraid
fault lines.
May 18th, 2009 at 04:57am
thomas dutton
he taught me to not give up when all seems lost, because everything can and will turn out for the better.

mikey way
he was the real reason i got into the music i listen to now

jamiroquai
taught me not to let other people bug me so much, and to take everything with a grain of salt
Nouf Skd
Demolition Lover
Nouf Skd
May 18th, 2009 at 07:46am

MYCHEMICALROMANCE

I don't know how to begin explaining how much MCR inspired me.
every member gave me a good reason to live.
they inspired me to be whatever the hell I want to be and not to care what the fuck other ppl say
I love them to death <3
normal's overrated.
In The Murder Scene
normal's overrated.
May 18th, 2009 at 09:01am
EVERYTHING INSPIRES ME!
but there are a special few who inspire me every day:
Panic at the Disco
My Chemical Romance
Fall Out Boy
KanYe West
Eminem.
without these people i would most likely be very brain dead.
Enter Shikari
Always Born a Crime
Enter Shikari
May 19th, 2009 at 12:03pm
Green Day - For showing me what music really was, I also wouldnt be the person I am today if it wasn't for this band.

Aiden - Giving me the best night of my life, while reaching out to me in my darkest moments of dispair.

Kill Hannah - Mat Devines lyrics are so beautiful and haunting, I wish I could write like that.
DESTROYA
Salute You in Your Grave
DESTROYA
May 19th, 2009 at 05:46pm
my chemical romance and green day
Spirit of Jazz.
Motor Baby
Spirit of Jazz.
May 19th, 2009 at 06:46pm
my chemical romance is probably the biggest one...
Gerard... his singing, his charisma, his... everything... has brought out the best in me. I now love horror movies, art, comic books, more than i probably should. he's also got me going in the lyric-writing world. =D
Ray... is the person that got me to pick up a guitar. his playing inspires me beyond belief. inspiration for the music part of my songwriting process. If i'm feeling song-writ-y, i listen to one of his guitar solos, and instantly find something amazing to draw from.
Bob.... everytime I hear him play, my jaw drops from amazement. he's helped me along quite a bit with percussion, and knowing that he got his start the same way i am living- makes me smile.
Frank... like ray, he amazes me with guitar-ing... but, unlike ray, who, is an amazing guitarist, frank has helped me understand chord progressions, whereas ray covers the solo/cool stuff of guitar. thanks to frank, i yell out the chord symbols ( I, IV, V, etc) whenever a song starts playing.... xD
Mikey... kicked me into the music world... because of his love for the smashing pumpkins, and, oddly, some rap musicians, i'm into all these oddball bands that I would have NEVER heard of before hearing mcr... but i love that.
Chantal Claret: Huge inspiration. she is amazing, not only at what she sings, but just her, herself. it's cool, 'cos she's not a stick figure, unlike every other girl in the music world.
Lyn-Z: another strong, amazing, person. makes me want to play bass with a fiery passion. =D

*longwinded* x]
Lounge Fly
Bleeding on the Floor
Lounge Fly
May 27th, 2009 at 09:26am
I partly copied my dress sense from Kurt Cobain (handwritten T-shirts etc) but mostly it's just me.

As for idols, Dave Grohl has to be number one - dude can play every instrument known to man, and even after the death of his former bandmate and friend he got back up and kept making music, great music. How many people can genuinely say that?

On the other hand, Layne Staley simply for his voice (it's so powerful yet so...haunting) and also for why hard drugs are bad. I do a lot of things, but the thought of Layne, simply wasting away while the world moved into shit dance-pop and mall-emo (MCR are the exception to this rule because they actually write good songs, unlike 90% of their peers) is enough to keep me away from heroin, crack, meth or cocaine forever. Kurt Cobain also, for similar reasons.

I don't know - I react to being messed up differently to most people. While most of you seem to try and either fight it or embrace it, I just ignore it. It's just there and I really don't give a fuck about being fucked up.
Harlequinn
Salute You in Your Grave
Harlequinn
May 27th, 2009 at 11:39pm
In this moment, because they have a wonderful, strong, female screamer