Don't have an account? Create one!

Aus and NZ Tours

AuthorMessage
CAcT '-.-' tux
Salute You in Your Grave
CAcT '-.-' tux
January 9th, 2009 at 06:32am
I saw the Sydney venue, & I was like WTF, where is Eastern Creek Raceway? Alternative music and the western suburbs don't sound right loll, the bus services better be good.

ps: i saw the aerial picture of the venue...at least there are no hills...flat as anything.
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
January 9th, 2009 at 08:13am
Oh! I forgot to add!
All tickets for the new sideshows go on sale on Jan 16th Smile

And i think the Eastern Creek Raceway has potential...especially if its all flat :]
Going to be hard getting home though :S
Emerald Muerte
Bleeding on the Floor
Emerald Muerte
January 10th, 2009 at 03:40am
Man you guys are so lucky to have Soundwave in Aussie.

Any NZers keen for Nine Inch Nails? Any info on the support band?
kayles
Bleeding on the Floor
kayles
January 10th, 2009 at 06:56am
asha your totally right about eastern creek being the perfect venue i just found it funny at first because like amy said, alternative music and western syd dont exactly go together, but it is an awesome venue too bad im not going this year it wouldve been easy for me to get to and from
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 11th, 2009 at 01:55am
Freaked out when I saw the Billy Talent sideshow this morning. Totally there.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
January 11th, 2009 at 02:13am
CAcT '-.-' tux:
I saw the Sydney venue, & I was like WTF, where is Eastern Creek Raceway? Alternative music and the western suburbs don't sound right loll, the bus services better be good.

ps: i saw the aerial picture of the venue...at least there are no hills...flat as anything.

haha that was also my first reaction. i was like 'is that even in sydney?'. it looks pretty big though, which is good. but i heard it gets really hot out there. like whatever the temperature it is in the city, its 10 degrees hotter out there.
spencer smith.
Devil's Got Your Number
spencer smith.
January 11th, 2009 at 05:40am
I'm pretty stoked about the venue.
It's huge, flat, and really fucking close to my house (:
yilujayss
Fabulous Killjoy
yilujayss
January 16th, 2009 at 03:36am
CAcT '-.-' tux:

I used to live in Eastern Creek like two/three years ago and that is an awesome place to have it =O
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 18th, 2009 at 12:07am
A quick BDO recap:

The Ting Tings totally owned BDO this year, imo. They were fucking fantastic live, hands down the best band of the day. Plus I got to meet them at the signing tent afterwards. (:

Neil Young was brilliant live, especially when he played songs that I actually knew, hahah.

Dissapointments would be the Arctic Monkeys (they were kind of boring/lacked anything special) and The Living End. I know a lot of you love TLE, but their music has always kind of irked me and they failed to win me over with their live performance.

But all in all it was another great day. (:
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 18th, 2009 at 03:39am
Awesome! I'm planning to check out the Ting Tings, so that's great to hear that. Woo! I should dl the map. Hmm.

Glad to hear that you had a great day!

Did you get any merch/ see any good tshirts? I'm in the habit of buying a BDO tshirt, so I just wanna know =P
superhumangorilla
Jazz Hands
superhumangorilla
January 18th, 2009 at 03:46am
^ Aw dude!!! I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!
Ting Ting buddies 4 life!!!
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 18th, 2009 at 03:58am
Yay for Ting Tings love. (: Thanks, guys.

sez:
Did you get any merch/ see any good tshirts? I'm in the habit of buying a BDO tshirt, so I just wanna know =P
I bought an awesome Ting Tings shirt. It's white and has cartoon pictures of Katie and Jules on it, and then different outfits with little tab thingys on them like you can cut them out...except not really, haha. Um and then my dad and I both got the mandatory BDO shirt, just a black one with a BDO logo in a circle on the front and the cities in a circle on the back. Then dad got a brown Neil Young shirt with orange print and a picture of a bird on it.

I have to say the merch was really great this year, there's lots of cool hats and plenty of different shirts to choose from. (:

/long, hahah

edit: Oh, I found a picture of The Ting Tings shirt.
Fifth one down on the left.
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 18th, 2009 at 07:39am
Ah, that's such an awesome shirt!! And thanks, glad to hear that there was some good stuff there! I can't believe it's BDO time already though, srsly. Ridiculous.
earth2themorgue
Bleeding on the Floor
earth2themorgue
January 18th, 2009 at 10:44pm
MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE RETURN TO AUSTRALIA

Wednesday Billboard Melbourne,
Australia ON SALE 1/29

Also appearing: TBA address: 170 Russell Street
GET DIRECTIONS!
tix: $42 times: TBA ages: 18+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday Billboard Melbourne,
Australia ON SALE 1/29

Also appearing: TBA address: 170 Russell Street
GET DIRECTIONS!
tix: $42 times: TBA ages: 18+

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday NSW University Roundhouse Sydney,
Australia ON SALE 1/29

Also appearing: TBA address: Anzac Parade, Kensington
GET DIRECTIONS!
tix: $42 times: TBA ages: All

Sunday The Tivoli Fortitude Valley,
Australia ON SALE 1/29

Also appearing: TBA address: 52 Costin Street
GET DIRECTIONS!
tix: $42 times: TBA ages: All
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 19th, 2009 at 05:08am
WHAT NO ADELAIDE?! GAAAHHHHHHHH. NOT COOL.
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 19th, 2009 at 05:15am
OMG OMG OMG OMG I WAS LISTENING TO THEM YESTERDAY AND WAS LIKE THEY NEED TO COME BACK NAO.

Fuck. And I'm supposed to be slowing down on gigs to save money? Fat chance!

ETA: Sez. You know the solution. Come back to MELBOURNE.

It's like right near my B'day, you can totally come to muh partay. Wink
sez
Bleeding on the Floor
sez
January 19th, 2009 at 05:18am
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Maybe I'll go to Melbourne for it. Seriously. They were so awesome at Soundwave. It's Easter weekend. Also, why are there two 18+ Melb shows?
Rh!annon
Salute You in Your Grave
Rh!annon
January 19th, 2009 at 07:22am
The second gig isn't even on the site yet. I wonder if one is supposed to be u18? It's weird. It's gonna be weird seeing them there, too. Like the last time I was at Billboard I was wearing a mini skirt and clubbing with a friend for her birthday. I can't imagine seeing it set up for a gig.

I'm tryiong to decide if I should go the day after my b'day, or two days after. Hmm.
omg stfu
Demolition Lover
omg stfu
January 19th, 2009 at 01:48pm
The Killers in New Zealand:

March 31: Westpac Arena, Christchurch
April 2: Vector Arena, Auckland

Fuuuuuck, I really want to go, but KOL is only a week beforehand. idk if I'll be allowed to go to both.
GhouliaYelps
Jazz Hands
GhouliaYelps
January 20th, 2009 at 04:02am
YAYAYAYAYAYAY FOR MSI!!!!
Smile