Don't have an account? Create one!

May 23rd 2008; A Message From My Chemical Romance

AuthorMessage
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 15th, 2008 at 03:56pm
everystarfall:
This just makes me that much prouder to say that My Chemical Romance is my favorite band. I can't think of another band that cares as much as MCR does about everything they do. XD
Same, and I am always proud to say that Clap Dance
Rose Red.
Jazz Hands
Rose Red.
July 15th, 2008 at 07:13pm
Sorry, I just felt like I had to get a bit of an opinion in here.

pinkslip:
1. "singing songs that make you slit your wrists, it isn't that much fun staring down a loaded gun..." do you think that doesn't effect the mind of a twelve year old little kid!? If you don't call that suicidal I don't know what you would call it. First point- still correct.

My sister is twelve, an amazing kid, and she listens to bands way worse than MCR. How about Motley Crue? That's one of her favorite bands. MCR's music looks like chickenshit compared to songs like "Girls Girls Girls" (and all others like it). MC aren't exactly the most positive band in the world, but my sister has the brains to listen to that stuff with a grain of salt.

pinkslip:
2. I've actually been a very big fan of MCR for a very long time. I know that they say "it's metaphoric." but, metaphorical lyrics can effect the mind just as much as realistic can. And do you really think a twelve year old, or up would know the difference if they got wrapped up in it?

My twelve year old sister laughed out loud when she read that. She listens to TBP and likes it, and she digs the style. She understands that music is music, and has no sudden desire to slit her wrists. Her friends have heard TBP too, and they all take it with a grain of salt. You make it sound like kids her age don't have a brain. It's like... if a twelve year old goes to play Super Mario Sunshine or somethign like that, right after they scream OMGAWDS LETS GO JUMP OFF A BUILDING AND BE MARIO! Sorry, but a lot of them just aren't that brainless.
pinkslip:
5. You picked one of the easiest things to say was positive. Out of all their songs thats about the only one I can think of. And also, last time I checked Gerard Way was suicidal and doing drugs. Yes, he overcame that all...But even him TALKING about it could have an effect on little kids, because they look up to him.

Um... the opposite. My sister's (yes I'm using her as a huge example, becuase she's twelve) favorite band is Aerosmith. She looks up to the guys in that band, and one thing they have done a lot of is drugs. She's read their autobiography, heard interviews, and what has all the talk about how Steven Tyler fainted onstage once from all the drugs done? Made her disgusted with the idea of even trying them.
pinkslip:
6. Did you not read my last line. I put...'This isn't to say that their music isn't good, it's just that their messages aren't exactly positive.' I'm a fan, just not personally agreeing with all their messages sent out to kids.

Their music isn't sent out for just kids. It's for everybody. I don't think I've ever heard any of the guys say that they write their music solely for the youngsters.
Captain Geraaarrrrd!
Motor Baby
Captain Geraaarrrrd!
July 15th, 2008 at 07:37pm
okay i don't feel like retyping it but for my opinion on how self harm begins and everything go to the thread: MCR blamed AGAIN!
thanks.
nimrod3094
Killjoy
nimrod3094
July 20th, 2008 at 10:46pm
My god, the last thing that the band should've done is apologize!! It's fine if they send their condolences, but come on! They even said: "The last line of our Black Parade album is 'I am not afraid to keep on living'." This is solely the parent's fault. No one just hangs themself using a necktie out of thin air! This girl obvioulsly had some kind of psychiatric problem that should've been addressed long before this so that MCR doesn't have to take the blame for this. The way I see it is that the media was pissed that something like this happened and they used MCR because they have a big name and the girl was into them. I feel bad for the parents, but I feel even worse for My Chem.
Person0001
Always Born a Crime
Person0001
July 21st, 2008 at 09:32am
^ While I agree with most of what you've said up there, I would stop short at blaming the parents for the death of their daughter. That is a loss that will cut them deeply for the rest of their lives, and I feel awfully for them. Even if they had gotten the girl some help, there were still no guarantees that she would have recovered.
valiumobsequy
Awake and Unafraid
valiumobsequy
August 9th, 2008 at 04:30pm
u know, that letter couldn't be more truthfull they arent a suicide cult they're a band from NJ but they are more than that they are also normal people who have to deal with problems everyday just like anyone else. oh they arent just A band thier the Best band!